Mikasounds, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram updates - 2019

Dominika

1 hour ago, krysady said:

That is Elisa Toffoli, an Italian singer. She wrote at some point during the live that they should do a duet together and Mika said that that would be very beautiful, and that he is a fan of her. He looked extremely happy that she joined his live IG

Ah, so that was connected? Thanks. Idk, his face expression about the duet didn't look that convinced. :teehee: Although I agree, he looked very happy to see her joining the chat. Anyway I find it a bit weird that she asks about doing a duet via IG live chat - Mika seems to be hard to reach by contacts or private communication, even for possible collaborators. :teehee:

45 minutes ago, mellody said:

Anyway I find it a bit weird that she asks about doing a duet via IG live chat

Probably it was something like "we should do a duet together sometimes" to say something by courtesy, because you're right, would be weird to make this kind of arrangements via IG chat :original:  

• Like 1

Mika IG story

71150789_161059041643862_2778830336703373654_n.thumb.jpg.337cb5177a867157e14d5498ccdab9c5.jpg

5 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Le Figaro

• 7 Oct 2019
  • OLIVIER NUC @onuc

🔻 PDF file ( page 37 / 343 KB ) lefigaro071019-37.pdf

MUSIQUE

Mika, plus vrai que nature

Cinq ans après son dernier disque, le chanteur sort « My Name Is Michael Holbrook », un album à la tonalité plus autobiographique.

My Name Is Michael Holbrook. Avec ce titre d’album en forme de manifeste, Mika opère un retour fracassant. Presque un nouveau départ pour ce chanteur qui ose pour la première fois s’afficher sous son nom complet. Ce n’est pas tant en termes de notoriété que de crédibilité artistique que Mika se devait de remettre les compteurs à zéro. Depuis la sortie de son précédent disque, No Place in Heaven, Mika était devenu davantage un people qu’un musicien. Sa participation assidue au télé-crochet « The Voice » avait largement contribué à faire de lui un personnage sympathique et chaleureux dont on avait oublié qu’il écrivait luimême des chansons. Le trentenaire qui s’étourdissait sur les plateaux de télévision et les scènes ne parvenait simplement plus à composer de musique originale.

Elton John en modèle

C’est en se réinventant que ce Libanais cosmopolite a trouvé un nouveau souffle. Le personnage qui apparaissait si lisse se cachait bien derrière ses costumes hauts en couleur et ses refrains acidulés. Le voici désormais qui assume pleinement son homosexualité, à l’instar d’un Elton John – son modèle revendiqué – qui s’est longtemps dissimulé derrière ses tenues extravagantes et ses paires de lunettes avant de faire son coming out.

C’est ce contexte qui confère à My Name Is Michael Holbrook une substance qui manquait à tous les albums du chanteur depuis son premier, Life in Cartoon Motion, en 2007. Dans le clip Sanremo, Mika lutte contre l’homophobie en se mettant en scène dans une Italie rétrograde des années 1950, dans laquelle les homosexuels étaient mis à l’index. S’il ne se départ pas de sa joie de vivre affleurant à chaque couplet, le chanteur acquiert une nouvelle dimension. D’autant qu’en se penchant sur son ascendance paternelle il a abordé une part plus américaine, qui retentit sur l’album.

À 36 ans, ce militant pour la cause des réfugiés livre son disque le plus direct. Tout en restant fidèle aux figures tutélaires que sont Michael Jackson, Prince et Freddie Mercury, l’homme révèle davantage sa personnalité. Le mois prochain, il entamera un Revolution Tour qui lui permettra de brûler les planches quelques mois encore… ■

My Name is Michael Holbrook (Barclay-Universal Music).

Le 22 décembre à l’Arena de Bercy (Paris XIIe).

:uk:google translator

Reveal hidden contents

Mika, more real than nature

Five years after his last album, the singer released "My Name Is Michael Holbrook", an album with a more autobiographical tone.

My Name Is Michael Holbrook. With this manifesto-like album title, Mika makes a smashing comeback. Almost a new beginning for this singer who dares for the first time to appear under his full name. It is not so much in terms of notoriety as artistic credibility that Mika had to reset the counters to zero. Since the release of his previous album, No Place in Heaven, Mika has become more of a people than a musician. His steadfast participation in the tele-hook "The Voice" had largely contributed to making him a friendly and warm character who had forgotten that he wrote songs himself. The thirty-year-old, who was deafening on television sets and scenes, simply could not compose original music.

Elton John as a model

It is by reinventing itself that this cosmopolitan Lebanese has found a new lease on life. The character who appeared so smooth hid well behind his colorful costumes and his acidulous refrains. Here he is now who fully assumes his homosexuality, like an Elton John - his model claimed - who has long been hidden behind his extravagant outfits and his pairs of glasses before coming out.

It is this context that gives My Name Is Michael Holbrook a substance that has been missing from all the singer's albums since his debut, Life in Cartoon Motion, in 2007. In the Sanremo clip, Mika fights against homophobia by scene in a retrograde Italy of the 1950s, in which homosexuals were blacklisted. If he does not depart from his joie de vivre flush with each verse, the singer acquires a new dimension. Especially as leaning on his paternal ancestry he has addressed a more American part, which resonates on the album.

At 36, this activist for the cause of refugees delivers his most direct record. While remaining faithful to the tutelary figures Michael Jackson, Prince and Freddie Mercury, the man reveals more his personality. Next month, he will start a Revolution Tour that will allow him to burn the boards a few more months ... ■

page 37

2019_10_07_lefigaro_P_37.thumb.jpg.ad8aaf226cba6bbffea6f3af95ace6bf.jpg

2019_10_07_lefigaro_P_37.thumb.jpg.ceef1b19a0eceb21f8a5e4730a911959.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, mellody said:

To me the most interesting part was that he mentioned doing a "very special" show in London next year, and he said the London gig in November will be much like the NA gigs. And he said he'd love to do more in the UK but it doesn't help if we write to Mika about it, but to his UK promoter Metropolis: https://www.metropolismusic.com/artists/mika-2/ :mf_rosetinted:

Also for another country he said who the fans there should contact if they want him to do shows there.

I need this info for Germany. :fisch:

That Elisa (?) he got so excited about, was that his Italian teacher? I'm so bad at remembering names. 🙈

And what did he answer when someone asked whether he'd do a duet with them? I can tell from the look on his face that the answer wasn't positive (ofc, if he doesn't even know who that is or how they sing), but I think I heard him say "fan"? :dunno:

Lol about the "not so nice" fans :naughty: - I suppose it might've been people who chase stars, and not real Mika fans.

Me too for Spain. I wrote in the past to some festival organizers but without much success but I would do it again, so I keep this question for the next time I have  the possibility of talking to him and he tells me the answer.:naughty:

2 hours ago, krysady said:

Probably it was something like "we should do a duet together sometimes" to say something by courtesy, because you're right, would be weird to make this kind of arrangements via IG chat :original:  

It wasn't her who wrote about the duet but some fans. He said: "they want us to make a duet." He was surprised and genuinely happy that she was watching.

6 hours ago, mellody said:

To me the most interesting part was that he mentioned doing a "very special" show in London next year, and he said the London gig in November will be much like the NA gigs. And he said he'd love to do more in the UK but it doesn't help if we write to Mika about it, but to his UK promoter Metropolis: https://www.metropolismusic.com/artists/mika-2/ :mf_rosetinted:

Also for another country he said who the fans there should contact if they want him to do shows there.

I need this info for Germany. :fisch:

That Elisa (?) he got so excited about, was that his Italian teacher? I'm so bad at remembering names. 🙈

And what did he answer when someone asked whether he'd do a duet with them? I can tell from the look on his face that the answer wasn't positive (ofc, if he doesn't even know who that is or how they sing), but I think I heard him say "fan"? :dunno:

Lol about the "not so nice" fans :naughty: - I suppose it might've been people who chase stars, and not real Mika fans.

She was on Stasera Casa Mika. On the first episode of Stasera Casa Mika (2017 season) she and Mika sang Lucio Dalla’s "Piazza Grande", she sang her own song "Ogni Istante" and talked with Mika, then she sang "Anninnia, Anninnia" with Eufonia di Gavoi (and Mika a little bit), which she had spent a week learning how to sing just for the show.  

3d0819f26ddea270fa1f6fcf3eb2e3ed.jpg

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, lormare73 said:

It wasn't her who wrote about the duet but some fans. He said: "they want us to make a duet." He was surprised and genuinely happy that she was watching.

Thanks for the explanation! :flowers2:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kreacher said:

then she sang "Anninnia, Anninnia" with Eufonia di Gavoi (and Mika a little bit), which she had spent a week learning how to sing just for the show.  

Ah yes, that was such a nice moment! Thanks :thumb_yello:

On 10/6/2019 at 12:28 PM, Digital Love ♫ said:

Beautiful day in the city yesterday 😇

D253054B-880A-4458-B135-7845633ECBF9.jpeg

Love it, Julien! ❤️

Did you post it on Instagram? I'd love to repost it there!

• Like 3