Tour rumours 2019

mellody

• 3 weeks later...

I had wondered about that gig at La Cigale, which had been part of the list on this dubious concertfrance website. It's not on Sept 14, as they wrote, but there seems to be a private gig on Oct 8 at the same place: https://www.lapostemobile.fr/appli-music - if I understand it right, you can only get tickets though if you have a contract with this French mobile provider and install their app.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mellody said:

I had wondered about that gig at La Cigale, which had been part of the list on this dubious concertfrance website. It's not on Sept 14, as they wrote, but there seems to be a private gig on Oct 8 at the same place: https://www.lapostemobile.fr/appli-music - if I understand it right, you can only get tickets though if you have a contract with this French mobile provider and install their app.

You are right, Mellody.

You have to  have a mobile number registered in France. 

And there are some other conditions to follow.

In total 425 lots (850 tickets - 2 places per a lot).

250 lots for new joiners (you have to sign a contract between 27/08 and 24/09)

75 lots for contracts signed befor 27/08

100 lots for "other" participants 

5 lots 'Pass VIP" - you can meet Mika befor the concert - it will be tossed between La Poste Mobile customers who wins one of the above lots.

(1) Jeu co-organisé par La Poste Telecom et Universal Music France SMP du 27/08 au 24/09/2019 minuit inclus. La participation au jeu est réservée aux particuliers et nécessite de disposer d'une adresse électronique valide, d'un numéro de téléphone en France Métropolitaine, d'un mobile compatible avec OS Android 4.1 ou iOS 9 et leurs versions ultérieures, de télécharger l'application "MUSIC La Poste Mobile" et de s'y connecter (coût d'une connexion internet). Pour les personnes souscrivant un Forfait SIM La Poste Mobile sur la période du jeu, la ligne doit être activée au plsu tard le 24 septembre 2019 inclus pour participer au jeu.

Sont à gagner :
(i) 425 lots de places pour le concert privé de Mika à La Cigale à Paris le 08/10/2019 répartis de la manière suivante : (a) 250 lots valables pour 2 personnes (soit 500 places) pour toute personne qui souscrit en bureau de poste uniquement, entre le 27/08 et le 24/09/2019 inclus, un Forfait SIM 60Go et sur la même période : qui ouvre un compte Ma French Bank, ou qui souscrit une offre box La Poste Mobile (engagement 12 mois) : (b) 75 lots valables pour 2 personnes (soit 150 places) pour les clients titulaires avant le 27/08/2019 d'un Forfait avec Music La Poste Mobile et pour les personnes qui souscrivent entre le 27/08 et le 24/09/2019 inclus, un Forfait SIM avec Music ou un Forfait + Mobile avec Music (hors Forfait SIM 60Go avec Ma French Bank ou avec une offre box La Poste Mobile); (c) 100 lots valables pour 2 personnes (soit 200 places) pour les autres participants : (ii) 5 lots "Pass VIP" valables pour 2 personnes permettant de rencontrer l'artiste en coulisses avant le concert. Lots attribués après tirage au sort et réservés aux clients de La Poste Mobile ayant préalablement gagné 1 lot de places pour le concert.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, mellody said:

:france:

La Poste Mobile

https://www.lapostemobile.fr/appli-music

le concert privé de Mika à La Cigale à Paris le 08/10/2019

Téléchargez l'Appli MUSIC La Poste Mobile*
pour tenter de gagner vos places !(1)

Téléchargez l'Application :
button-android.png button-appstore.png

cover_jeu_concours_places_mika.thumb.jpg.eace185fcc1cc50dafa884cdd71a708a.jpg

• Like 3

Le Parisien interview

http://www.leparisien.fr/amp/culture-loisirs/musique/mika-je-ne-pouvais-pas-continuer-the-voice-04-09-2019

D'abord, je suis en promotion non-stop pour le disque, puis j'ai la tournée qui démarre dans les prochains jours aux Etats-Unis, puis je reviens en Europe jusqu'au 22 décembre, repars aux Etats-Unis en janvier et février, et ensuite c'est l'Asie, l'Amérique du Sud puis l'Europe pour les festivals l'été prochain… Impossible!

First, I'm promoting non-stop for the record, then I have the tour that starts in the next days in the United States, then I return to Europe until December 22, leaving for the United States in January and February, and then it's Asia, South America and then Europe for festivals next summer ... Impossible!

:wub2:

In January, Mika coming back to U.S.A ! :usa:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Kumazzz said:

First, I'm promoting non-stop for the record, then I have the tour that starts in the next days in the United States, then I return to Europe until December 22, leaving for the United States in January and February, and then it's Asia, South America and then Europe for festivals next summer ... Impossible!

:wub2:

I hope those festivals in Europe aren't only in Italy and France :pray:

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Great news,@Kumazzz ! Thanks for sharing!

I am flying to LA in a couple of days for my first Mika's gig ever, and I expect it to be not the last one :). I hope he will visit the western part of Canada, too, when he comes here in January :).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think this serious even though it's not about the tour but about a TV show Mika will be in soon (which is about health)

Nous vous invitons à l'émission

CA NE SORTIRA PAS D ICI

avec Michel Cymes

le 7 octobre 2019

Nous recevrons comme invité MIKA; ....

Réservations gratuites sur notre site www.acces-productions.com

Maybe it was posted before or there's a thread for it already :dunno:

So I'm sharing this here @mellody

• Like 1

Radio City Music Hall ???:usa:

from Billboard interview

6 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Billboard

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/pride/8531439/mika-artist-of-the-month-profile

mika-press-2019-billboard-1500x845.thumb.jpg.cac9e03d13eeb647f7f796037129f4c7.jpg

Mika Returns: How the Glam-Pop Star Rejected Industry Standards to Make His Boldest Record Yet

by Stephen Daw

After a decade of performing, the 36-year-old singer threw away conventional pop wisdom in favor of emotional resonance on his latest album. "I have completely abandoned any kind of worry about what people may or may not think about my music."

Each month, Billboard Pride celebrates an LGBTQ act as its Artist of the Month. Our September selection: Mika.

It’s early afternoon on a Thursday in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, and despite his cool manner, Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr. is feeling nervous. Not because of this interview -- he’s been speaking to members of the press for over a decade at this point -- but because in just a few hours, he will be donning his stage name, Mika, and returning to perform in the States for the first time in over three years. 

“I don’t know what you’re going to see tonight,” he says with a laugh as he takes a sip of his San Pellegrino. His performance will be the first stop on a 5-city “tiny tour,” reintroducing himself at intimate venues to an audience he hasn’t seen since touring his last full-length album, No Place in Heaven, in early 2016.

But the moment he steps out onto the stage at Brooklyn Steel on Sept. 12, it's clear that Mika's nerves have washed away. The crowd of nearly 2,000 attendees screams along to every song, as Mika dances around the stage, reveling in his return. "God, it feels good to be back on the stage," he says, grinning. 

U.S. stages aren't the only thing he's returning to this fall — after a four year hiatus from the music industry, Mika is officially back with his fifth studio album My Name Is Michael Holbrook (due out Oct. 4 via Republic). It's an expectedly ecclectic mix of pop tracks, spiritually harkening back to the days of his debut with Life in Cartoon Motion; if his debut was about moving on from childhood, his newest album is about growing into adulthood.

Mika says the album was written over the course of the last two and a half years in "real time," as he continued to learn what it really means to be a grown-up. "I really wanted to address the idea of growing up without losing your colors," he says. "Becoming an adult, but without losing your human warmth, or your sense of color and whimsy ... those things are seen as things that you leave behind. If anything, I think they're things that you have to claim even more."

It shows throughout the album -- whether he's battling his own inner envy with "Dear Jealousy," finding joy in the little things on "Platform Ballerinas," or lusting after a boy on "Ice Cream," Mika goes out of his way to create as many different representations of his own emotional state as he possibly can. 

But Mika had a long road to get to his new album. Back in 2016, after releasing Heaven the year prior, and touring near-constantly afterward, the singer decided it was time for him to step away from music. As he describes it, he long felt a general disdain towards the way business was done in the music industry, and that disdain eventually "contaminated" his love of making music. "It took a little while for me to disassociate one from the other, and so I kind of just had to do a bit of internal housekeeping," he says. 

Specifically, Mika says that he found himself constantly feeling "gross" about the commercial side of artistry. "I get knots in my stomach thinking about the process of trying to sell music," he says. "Which a lot of people won't say because now it's so good to be commercial, it's so good to be brazen and to get out there! But I don't care!"

So, during his hiatus from the music business, Mika worked on creating a sound that was purely authentic to him, and untouched by his perceptions about what is current and trendy in pop music -- My Name Is Michael Holbrook is that vision realized. "I have completely abandoned any kind of worry about what people may or may not think about my music. I have absolutely refused to mimic the sonics of anything that is mainstream," he says, adding, "While still remaining within a pop context, of course."

That refusal also extended to his Tiny Love Tiny Tour, starting with his kick-off show in Brooklyn. While past tours of his included incredible theatrics, props, dance numbers and more, his latest tour simply featured Mika and his band playing through some of his favorite songs across all five of his albums. And it all took place in the weeks ahead of the album's release, a fact he says caused trepadation amongst his team "[My agent] was just like, 'You know, we're selling these shows — you haven't played the U.S. in three and a half years, and you haven't put any music out,'" he recalls. "She ultimately trusted me."

His strategy payed off — the star sold out each of the intimate venues almost immediately, in some cases having to add additional shows that also immediately sold out. "We sold 4,000 tickets in New York already," he says, with a cheeky laugh. 

"2,000 more and we'd be at Radio City Music Hall. For someone who's never been played on radio in this country, that's pretty good."

Mika wasn't surprised that his team trusted him with the decision, though — despite his aforementioned contempt for the music business, he contends that his record label, Republic, has always endorsed his "weird" vision, despite any questions regarding popularity or sales numbers. "They kind of see me as this completely atypical artist," he says. "There's this sense of pride from them ... and so they're quite supportive of me."

The singer's frustration with the music industry traces all the way back to the start of his career, when the star had spent years writing and sending out songs to labels, only to find them roundly rejected by music labels. His first official single came in 2006 with Universal Music Group's new label Casablanca, titled "Relax, Take It Easy." The song went on to have some tempered European success, but ultimately didn't achieve the success they were looking for. 

Thus, Mika's magnum opus "Grace Kelly" was born. Upon its release, the song hit No. 1 in the United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Italy and Belgium, while marking the singer's first entry onto the Hot 100 in the U.S., and saw Mika offering a rebuke the systems in place that would try to label and reject him. "After a certain while, the 'no's just provoke this kind of outburst, and this outburst manifested itself in this explosion of colors," he says. "So it became, 'I'll try to be like Grace Kelly. Oh, so sorry, is that too feminine for you?' It's like, I can be every single color of the ####ing rainbow -- but in the end, I don't think it's going to work for you, so I might as well just be myself."

And yet with his success on that single, quite literally written about how trying to compare himself to others simply doesn't work, he was heralded by many as the new Freddie Mercury (which Mika still calls "absolutely ridiculous"). Even with a song about individuality, the star felt his talent was being reduced to a need by those in the industry to identify him. "Therein started this tension between me and the idea of the music industry," he says. "Again, it just shows you how there's different frustrations and negatives in this business."

Another label that Mika was regularly faced with early in his career was one surrounding his sexuality -- in almost every interview, the star would be asked about how he identified. And for years, he would respond by saying that he didn't want to label himself. It's something that he says, looking back, he wouldn't change. "It was a conscious decision, and it was a part of my process," he says. "Real life and personal life and career all kind of evolve and develop along different timelines. It's just one thing at a time, where I was not obsessed with this idea of pigeonholing me."

But the evolution did occur, leading to the singer's "official" public coming out in 2012, when he revealed that he identified as gay in an interview with Instinct. Today, the star says he saw an opportunity to lead by example and took it. "If I was a 14 year old, I think it would be really good for me to hear about someone like this, and to hear that story," he says. "But everything takes time. Everything is a different type of journey, and every journey, when it comes to sexuality, is a different one, is atypical."

One assertion that he does fundementally disagree with is the notion that life is easier today for LGBTQ artists the world over. Mika acknowledges that "from a media point of view, we're certainly not given as much s**t as before," but adds that it doesn't diminish the constant struggle queer people everywhere still face on a daily basis. "But this question of, 'is it a simpler journey?' My ass, it is!" he exclaims, specifically turning to address industry executives. "Stop thinking that -- because you all suddenly realize there's this market out there -- that it's somehow a simpler journey. It is still difficult, and every person's journey is difficult, and it's so important to respect that."

Relegating a queer artist to a mere descriptor of their sexuality, he says, only lead to further marginalization. Instead, he points to trailblazers like Elton John and Rufus Wainwright, saying that their work broke through into the mainstream because it was well-crafted, and because they decided to be honest with their audiences. "The one thing that breaks walls is the joy and the emotion that can be provoked by a piece of work that is excellent," he says. "Because that lasts."

Mika hopes that his fans find that excellence in My Name Is Michael Holbrook, a work he says is his proudest acheivement. "I just feel kind of like, 'Wow, it's starting to come together, and it's taken me 14 years,'" he says. "I've got a long way to go, I've got a lot of challenges. It's not an easy career, I don't have an easy time. And at the same time, I wouldn't change a single part of it."

4 hours ago, Moni said:

Hi everyone!! I can believe it!!! Mika come to Argentina 🇦🇷 2020!! I'm so happy!! 😁

IMG_dphfv.jpg

1 hour ago, BiaIchihara said:

IN BRAZIL TOO

71828463_2298887623555476_1804255498363469824_n.jpg

... and Chile as well:

afiche-lollacl2020-01-28441e68.png

The same festival also takes place in other cities around the world, but for the others the lineup hasn't been announced yet.

Would be nice if he included the one in Berlin, but ofc I won't hold my breath for it... :fisch:

https://global.lollapalooza.com/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 10/3/2019 at 11:56 PM, mellody said:

Apparently there's going to be a signing session in Paris on October 12, but there's no tickets available anymore:

https://www.billetweb.fr/dedicace-mika?fbclid=IwAR0U2eZaeHoPQmaUw2NxkYPWwzL1pXfe2kWAYSH8oCpdoP1y11EL7vgifcg#eventdedicace-mika

And in Rome on October 13. :biggrin2:

• Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 11:40 PM, mellody said:

... and Chile as well:

afiche-lollacl2020-01-28441e68.png

The same festival also takes place in other cities around the world, but for the others the lineup hasn't been announced yet.

Would be nice if he included the one in Berlin, but ofc I won't hold my breath for it... :fisch:

https://global.lollapalooza.com/

For Chile and Argentina are the same dates 27, 28, 29 of March will Mika present on both? :dunno:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

For Chile and Argentina are the same dates 27, 28, 29 of March will Mika present on both? :dunno:

We gonna know which day he will be later (end of 2019 or beginning of 2020)

31 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

If you look at the list, many artists play at both festivals... I guess that's why it's 3 days, so the artists can travel between the 2 places, to perform on both festivals, one one of the days.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, NaoMika said:

Another private concert will come up...

I think it's a house concert - and "vos ami" means only with one friend, I think? So it's *very* private... :teehee:

47 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Hahahaha. He does not know what a word "Vos amis" means if one of the fans wins ,😁 Mikafamily is pretty big 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yeah, but isn't "ami" just one, and the plural would be "amis"? And as they wrote "ami", I suppose it's just for the winner and 1 friend. :dunno: So it seems they do know what they're dealing with. :naughty: