Mika in Italian Press 2019

mari62

1 minute ago, maggie112 said:

Anyway I’m happy he finally said (just a bit) how he met his partner 😂

He avoided the question few times when fans asked him in events like “Ask Mika on Twitter” so it’s clear it’s another point on which he wants to be very private 

Yes... now I'm curious though what made him change his mind, after the bad first impression. :teehee:

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, maggie112 said:

I saw some critical comments on Twitter about the Ice Cream girls, but few were tagging him, so I really don’t know if he decided to remove the dancers just for those... maybe he wasn’t really sure yet himself yet about the whole thing 

9 minutes ago, mellody said:

No, I don't think he removed the dancers because of the comments. But I saw lots of comments about it, Mika even replied to one of them on IG... it was something about Big Girls, after he had posted the pics of the video shoot (before the video was released).

He might've removed the dancers for the tour simply because it was too expensive.

Eh, there was clearly a negative reaction to the whole band change, I wouldnt be surprised if that influenced him to change his mind about the tour ( I wanted to look up the comments for that performance at Seat Music Awards but the video was deleted :aah:, there were many people criticizing the performance in a constructive way imo not just being mean ); though yeah most of the italian/french shows arent sold out so that might have forced him to cut the costs of the production.

3 minutes ago, mellody said:

Or maybe he just saw at the U.S. gigs that a big show with dancers isn't necessary to achieve what he wants.

Max liked one of my tweets asking if they have given up on dancing and playing at the same time way before the US shows :teehee: and if Im not remembering wrong Mika said something about how he will have a whole month in the summer just for rehearsing with the new band which obviously didnt happen. Anyway, it doesnt really matter :aah:

Or maybe it was a little bit of everything, he saw the comments on social media and he also realized that it simply didn't work having that ordinary choreography on stage during his gigs, he needs to perform in his own way and not moving along with other dancers . So he totally changed his mind and from the Britney-Spears-like show he goes now to George-Michael-like show :naughty:

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, krysady said:

Or maybe it was a little bit of everything, he saw the comments on social media and he also realized that it simply didn't work having that ordinary choreography on stage during his gigs, he needs to perform in his own way and not moving along with other dancers . So he totally changed his mind and from the Britney-Spears-like show he goes now to George-Michael-like show :naughty:

Thats my feeling too actually, and I bet he loved how well that performance in Palermo was received :teehee:

• Like 1

Leggo (Roma)

• 30 Oct 2019

Mika, tour di dodici date conbiglietti nominali

Nel discoI Corvi, Tozzi,Frankie Hi-nrg eAmbra: «Lei ancora nonl’ha sentita» ROMA - Una tournée di ben 12 date nei palasport italiani, da Nord a Sud: Mika è pronto a partire con il suo Revelation Tour dal 24 novembre all’8 febbraio 2020. E Claudio Trotta patron di Barley Arts ricorda che «ai concerti sarà d’obbligo il biglietto nominale, per contrastare ogni forma di speculazione e il fenomeno del secondary ticketing. L’invito è sempre quello di diffidare dai circuiti di vendita alternativi e non comunicati tramite i suoi canali ufficiali».

La normativa sul biglietto nominale riguarda la messa in vendita dei ticket dopo il primo luglio. Per le date del tour del 2019 (Torino, Ancona, Roma, Casalecchio di Reno, Montichiari, Livorno, Assago), il cambio nominativo potrà essere effettuato a partire da circa un mese prima del concerto fino al giorno prima: le tempistiche esatte per ogni data saranno pubblicate sui siti dei singoli circuiti di biglietteria ufficiali (Vivaticket, Ticketmaster e Ticketone).

:uk: Google translator

Spoiler

Mika, twelve-date tour with nominal tickets

ROME - A tour of as many as 12 dates in Italian sports halls, from North to South: Mika is ready to start with his Revelation Tour from November 24th to February 8th 2020. And Claudio Trotta patron of Barley Arts recalls that «at the concerts will be d The nominal ticket is required, to counter any form of speculation and the phenomenon of secondary ticketing. The invitation is always to be wary of alternative sales channels and not communicated through its official channels ".

The regulation on the nominal ticket concerns the sale of tickets after July 1st. For the dates of the 2019 tour (Turin, Ancona, Rome, Casalecchio di Reno, Montichiari, Livorno, Assago), the name change can be made starting approximately one month before the concert until the day before: the exact timing for each date will be published on the websites of the individual official ticketing circuits (Vivaticket, Ticketmaster and Ticketone).

Leggo_Roma_30_Ottobre_2019_p_10..thumb.jpg.b3b817448d312df733ba347dc87dda1f.jpg

Leggo_Roma_30_Ottobre_2019_p_10.thumb.jpg.ba8521b8d496d33f296dc64e68f591e7.jpg

• Thanks 1

La Provincia di Lecco

https://www.laprovinciadilecco.it/stories/Cronaca/io-sul-palco-con-mika-davanti-a-milioni-di-fan-daniele-e-gia-una-star_1326538_11/

Giovedì 31 Ottobre 2019

Daniele Casari, 26 anni, si esibisce alla chitarra con Mika

«Io, sul palco con Mika davanti a milioni di fan»

Daniele è già una star

Caslino Casari ha suonato alla festa di Radio Deejay Dall’Arena di Verona a X Factor un successo dietro l’altro Ha 26 anni

Trentacinquemila persone per la festa di Radio Deejay, dodicimila per quella di Rtl e Daniele Casari sul palco, con la sua chitarra pronta a far sognare.

Per il giovane di Caslino d’Erba. che ha 26 anni, il 2019 è un anno indimenticabile, infatti è ormai stabilmente il chitarrista che segue le esibizioni in Italia di Mika, idolo pop anglo-libanese molto conosciuto anche da noi. Per Daniele l’ultima esibizione su un palco importante, quello di X Factor nella puntata della scorsa settimana.

Da Caslino ad X Factor già con un percorso significativo alle spalle:.

«Di solito suono, principalmente indie, in un gruppo i Marvin, un gruppo emergente italiano, poi collaboro con altri gruppi ed insegno – spiega -. Quest’estate mi è stato chiesto se volessi accompagnare Mika alla festa di Radio Deejay a Milano al Mind, inutile dire che ho accettato immediatamente. Era lo scorso 22 giugno e l’esibizione era davanti a 35mila persone, dopo Milano mi hanno chiamato per Power Hits Estate 2019 di Rtl all’Arena di Verona con 12mila presenze, poi passaggi televisivi a “Che tempo che fa” e l’ultimo ad “X Factor”».

Un’estate decisamente emozionante: «Suono da diverso tempo e dei concerti frequentati li ho vissuti ma mai ho imbracciato la chitarra per 35mila persone o per 12mila, è chiaro che è stato entusiasmante.

Non me l’aspettavo e debbo dire che fa particolarmente piacere essere richiamato, perché vuol dire che si è fatto bene».

Spoiler

Daniele Casari, 26, performs on guitar with Mika

"I, on stage with Mika in front of millions of fans"

Daniele is already a star

Caslino Casari has played at the Radio Deejay party From the Arena di Verona to X Factor a success behind the other He is 26 years old

Thirty-five thousand people for the Radio Deejay party, twelve thousand for that of RTL and Daniele Casari on stage, with his guitar ready to make people dream.

For the young man from Caslino d'Erba. who is 26 years old, 2019 is an unforgettable year, in fact it is now firmly the guitarist who follows the performances in Italy of Mika, Anglo-Lebanese pop idol very well known also by us. For Daniele the last performance on an important stage, that of X Factor in last week's episode.

From Caslino to X Factor already with a significant path behind it :.

"Usually I play, mostly indies, in a group the Marvin, an emerging Italian group, then I collaborate with other groups and teach - he explains -. This summer I was asked if I wanted to accompany Mika to the Radio Deejay party in Milan at Mind, needless to say, I accepted immediately. It was last June 22nd and the exhibition was in front of 35 thousand people, after Milan they called me for Power Hits Estate 2019 of Rtl at the Arena di Verona with 12 thousand presences, then TV shows at “Che tempo che fa” and the last ad "X Factor" ».

A very exciting summer: «I've been playing for some time and I've had concerts in them but I've never held the guitar for 35,000 or 12,000, it's clear that it was exciting.

I did not expect it and I must say that it is particularly pleasurable to be called back, because it means that we have done well ».

io-sul-palco-con-mika-davanti-a-milioni-di-fan-daniele-e-gia_f6461cda-fb4e-11e9-a99f-f7b35397ca02_998_397_original.thumb.jpg.f857d2e92d8558a61dbc6eed6ca09a59.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 10/27/2019 at 11:14 PM, krysady said:

I loved his show at la cigale :swoon:

It was direct contact with him :wub2:

No need for anything more :cloud:

• Like 1

On 10/27/2019 at 10:26 PM, mellody said:

Yes... now I'm curious though what made him change his mind, after the bad first impression. :teehee:

It's just like in those paperback romantic stories for young girls....my best friend used to read those,  so I read a few too and great love stories always started with the main characters meeting and totally hating each other....but it turned out it was actually true love once they really got to know one another :teehee:

Glit Magazine

http://www.giltmagazine.it/interviews/mika-ed-ora-chiamatemi-michael-holbrook/

MIKA, “Ed ora chiamatemi Michael Holbrook”

Il 2007 è stato l’anno in cui è salito ufficialmente nell’olimpo dei cantanti internazionali più famosi con il singolo Grace Kelly. Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr, meglio conosciuto a tutti come MIKA, dal suo esordio mondiale ad oggi ci ha travolti con la sua permanente energia e positività, e si è affermato come artista completo, dimostrando ottime doti da showman (7ma e 8va edizione di XFactor, Casa Mika). Ad un mese dalla tappa milanese del suo tour mondiale (3 dicembre, ndr) e un mese dopo la presentazione ufficiale del suo nuovo album, My name is Michael Holbrook, lo abbiamo incontrato per scambiare due chiacchIere.

Da dove nasce l’esigenza di confrontarsi con il tuo vero nome, Michael Holbrook, e qual è il punto di arrivo di questo percorso? Chi è Michael Holbrook?

Ho realizzato 4 album prima di questo, e sono convinto che la mia vita e la mia carriera siano divise  in capitoli. All’inizio del mio percorso professionale sapevo già che se dopo 10/20 anni avessi continuato  a fare il cantante (che è ciò che amo davvero fare), avrei avuto una precisa missione: riversare tutto me stesso e le diverse parti del mio Io  all’interno dei miei brani. Questo tuttavia non è accaduto, e mi sono reso conto che il vero ME si stava sempre più allontanando dalla persona che componeva. Mika, il nome con cui mi chiama mia madre, che cantava sul palco, era distante dalla mia vita privata.

Nel mio passato sono accadute delle cose che mi hanno allontanato da Michael Holbrook, il mio nome legale (nonché nome di mio padre), e avvicinato sempre di più alla nuova identità che mi stavo costruendo. Ma questo allontanamento è stato un male e mi sono dovuto chiedere il motivo per cui odiassi così tanto questo nome. Ho avuto bisogno di tempo per sentirmi pronto nel realizzare un album dove mi sentissi una persona sola e non divisa in quattro. Questo titolo “My name is Michael Holbrook” è una provocazione a me stesso. Ho voluto liberarmi da questa distanza che avevo creato tra il mio nome e quello di mio padre.

La registrazione di questo nuovo album ti è servita a risolvere il conflitto?

Assolutamente sì. All’inizio non sapevo che avrei chiamato questo album con il mio vero nome, ma avevo semplicemente un’idea: capire da dove venisse mio padre. Così ho guidato da Miami fino al cimitero di Savannah, in Georgia, e lì ho trovato il mio nome cancellato dal tempo. Mi è piaciuto tantissimo. Sono tornato a casa e ho scritto la canzone Tiny Love, e nell’eccitazione ho dichiarato: “My name is Michael Holbrook e sono nato nel 1983”. Questo è stato il mio punto di partenza. Non è stato semplice e dopo la prima canzone ho aspettato due anni prima di scriverne un’altra. Avevo bisogno di capire chi fossi e questo tempo per me è stato fondamentale.

Una delle canzoni del tuo nuovo album è intitolata Sanremo. Come mai?

Sanremo è il primo posto dove sono stato in Italia con la mia numerosa famiglia. Non è una canzone legata al Festival ma semplicemente ad un mio ricordo: un ragazzo di 14 anni che va a  Sanremo con le sue sorelle e guardando i coetanei del posto pensa “io non sarò mai come loro”, perché erano molto più “cool” di me. E dunque ho voluto inserire questa cartolina in una canzone.

Ho raccontato questa storia al regista sperimentale Wiz e ha avuto una reazione dicendomi: “Sanremo è una cosa che vorresti avere ma che non sai come arrivarci, è qualcosa che vorresti essere ma non sai come diventarci”. Ha creato il video, volutamente in bianco e nero, su un contesto sociale molto forte: l’omosessualità negli anni ‘50, in un cruising dove ragazzi omosessuali vivono liberamente la propria natura. Mi è piaciuta l’idea che ha avuto di voler inserire un contrasto sopra l’ altro. La canzone infatti sembra voler raccontare qualcosa ma in realtà ne racconta un’altra. Non so quali potranno essere le reazioni, però per me Sanremo rappresenta un sogno utopico, un luogo dove si può essere liberi.

Sei in pausa dal mondo televisivo o hai nuovi progetti in cantiere ?

Per dedicarmi interamente alla mia musica ho deciso di prendere le distanze dal mondo della televisione, frequentato per molti anni sia in Italia che all’estero. Parlare davanti alla gente in televisione mi ha liberato tantissimo. Per sei anni ho partecipato a The Voice in Francia e ho smesso solo adesso per concentrarmi sulla musica. “Casa Mika” (il programma andato in onda sulla Rai) è stato diverso perché era un progetto romantico. Da tutte queste esperienze ho imparato ad esprimermi senza timore delle conseguenze e a prendermi le mie responsabilità. Non sono cresciuto nella disciplina della TV e avevo paura di diventare troppo ripetitivo. Ho un progetto per tornare in televisione, ma, quando sarà, vorrei essere in compagnia di qualcuno di cui non voglio dire nulla per ora.

Un ringraziamento speciale a Mika per la sua gentilezza e professionalità. Un grande in bocca al lupo per tutti i suoi progetti futuri!

Spoiler

MIKA, "And now call me Michael Holbrook"

2007 was the year in which he officially rose to the top of the most famous international singers with the single Grace Kelly. Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr, better known to all as MIKA, from his world debut to today has overwhelmed us with his permanent energy and positivity, and has established himself as a complete artist, demonstrating excellent showman skills (7th and 8th edition of XFactor, Casa Mika). A month after the Milanese stage of his world tour (December 3rd, ed) and a month after the official presentation of his new album, My name is Michael Holbrook, we met him to exchange two chats.

Where does the need to confront your real name, Michael Holbrook, come from and what is the point of arrival of this journey? Who is Michael Holbrook?
I made 4 albums before this, and I am convinced that my life and my career are divided into chapters. At the beginning of my career I already knew that if after 10/20 years I had continued to be a singer (which is what I really love to do), I would have had a precise mission: to pour all of myself and the different parts of my ego into inside of my songs. This however did not happen, and I realized that the true ME was increasingly moving away from the person who composed it. Mika, the name my mother called me with, who used to sing on stage, was far from my private life.

In my past, things have happened that have taken me away from Michael Holbrook, my legal name (as well as my father's name), and I have come closer and closer to the new identity I was building. But this departure was bad and I had to ask myself why I hated this name so much. I needed time to feel ready to make an album where I felt like a single person and not divided into four. This title "My name is Michael Holbrook" is a provocation to myself. I wanted to free myself from this distance that I had created between my name and my father's.

Did the recording of this new album help you resolve the conflict?

Absolutely yes. At the beginning I didn't know that I would call this album with my real name, but I simply had an idea: to understand where my father came from. So I drove from Miami to Savannah, Georgia, and there I found my name erased from time. I liked it very much. I returned home and wrote the song Tiny Love, and in excitement I declared: "My name is Michael Holbrook and I was born in 1983". This was my starting point. It wasn't easy and after the first song I waited two years before writing another one. I needed to understand who I was and this time was fundamental for me.

One of the songs on your new album is titled Sanremo. Why?

Sanremo is the first place I have been in Italy with my large family. It is not a song linked to the Festival but simply to my memory: a 14 year old boy who goes to Sanremo with his sisters and looking at the peers of the place thinks "I will never be like them", because they were much more "cool" of me. And so I wanted to insert this postcard into a song.

I told this story to the experimental director Wiz and he had a reaction telling me: "Sanremo is something you would like to have but you don't know how to get there, it's something you would like to be but don't know how to become." He created the video, deliberately in black and white, on a very strong social context: homosexuality in the 50s, in a cruising where homosexual boys live their nature freely. I liked the idea that he had wanted to insert a contrast over the other. The song in fact seems to want to tell something but in reality it tells another. I don't know what the reactions may be, but for me Sanremo represents a utopian dream, a place where you can be free.

Are you on break from the television world or do you have new projects in the pipeline?

To dedicate myself entirely to my music I decided to distance myself from the world of television, which I attended for many years both in Italy and abroad. Talking to people on television has freed me so much. For six years I participated in The Voice in France and I stopped just now to focus on music. "Casa Mika" (the program broadcast on Rai) was different because it was a romantic project. From all these experiences I have learned to express myself without fear of the consequences and to take my responsibilities. I didn't grow up in the TV discipline and I was afraid of becoming too repetitive. I have a project to get back on television, but when it does, I would like to be in the company of someone I don't want to say anything about right now.

Special thanks to Mika for his kindness and professionalism. A big good luck for all your future projects!

cover-96.thumb.jpg.a2864ece25d0106eae060b03463ad06f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AM

Novembre 2019

MIKA “Il mio messaggio con la musica: diventare adulti senza perdere i propri colori”

Il mio nome è Michael

Dopo i successi in tv, Mika si mette musicalmente a nudo e va alla ricerca di se stesso: con l’album autobiografi co “My name is Michael Holbrook” e con un tour mondiale che sta per toccare l’Italia

LE SUE ORIGINI IN LIBANO Mika, pseudonimo di Michael Holbrook Penniman Junior è nato a Beirut ed è naturalizzato britannico.

Naked in inglese signifi ca “nudo” ma ha anche un riferimento psicoanalitico: indica l’essenza di una persona che si spoglia di tutto il superfl uo e va alla ricerca di se stesso. Nel caso di Mika, sia spiritualmente che musicalmente. Il nuovo album dello showman anglo-libanese ha per titolo una rivelazione: svela, difatti, il suo vero nome: “My name is Michael Holbrook”. È l’emblema di un percorso che Mika ha iniziato qualche tempo fa e ha realizzato attraverso tredici canzoni autobiografi - che, tutte nel segno del pop più serio e ra nato. Manifesto in musica del “Revelation tour” mondiale di Mika che, grazie alla produzione di Barley Arts, toccherà l’Italia dal Nord al Sud con 12 date (la prima a Torino il 24 novembre), questo album è stato registrato fra Miami, Londra e la campagna toscana. Racconta in modo profondo e circostanziato tanti fl sh-back della vita del 36enne artista. Tra i ricordi d’infanzia, non tutti scintillanti, e la ricerca costante di un’identità umana e artistica che hanno portato dapprima il giovane Michael a diventare la grande star Mika. Poi, a farlo tornare sui suoi passi, alla ricerca del proprio “io” adolescente. A reimpossessarsi di esso.

Il nuovo manifesto musicale di Mika lancia un messaggio: «Diventate adulti senza perdere i vostri colori...»

Mika, non è semplice sintetizzare una ricerca di se stessi in un disco. Lei come ha fatto?

«Mi sono detto: ora è il momento di scrivere canzoni con la passione di un tempo e, soprattutto, per me. Ho voluto alzare la temperatura, offrire il mio cuore, comporre melodie che avessero colori forti e un messaggio intimo, che parlassero di crescere. Mi sono concentrato sull’idea di diventare adulti senza perdere umanità, né il senso dei colori e dell’eccentricità».

Michael Holbrook non è soltanto la star Mika, questo pare emergere dai testi delle canzoni.. .

«Mamma cominciò a chiamarmi Mika quando avevo due ore di vita, disse che con il mio vero nome non avrei mai fatto successo. A scuola ho avuto problemi, soffrivo di dislessia e soltanto quando sono diventato famoso ho trovato il giusto equilibrio. Ma ora ho voluto riscoprire Michael, cioè me stesso. E l’ho fatto con la musica. Non è meraviglioso?». È una seduta di psicoanalisi tra le 7 note? «Sì. In brani come Paloma oppure Tiny Reprise dove canto: “Il mio nome è Michael Holbrook, sono nato nel 1983...”. È come se leggessi la mia carta d’identità. In questo canzone sono presenti mia madre e mia sorella»

Una canzone molto italiana è “Sanremo”. Solo che il Festival non c’entra...

«È così. È un ricordo di quando ero adolescente, grassoccio e infelice, è trascorrevo le vacanze in Costa Azzurra da una zia. Non stavo bene e quando salivamo in automobile per passare una giornata nella vicina Sanremo, era una festa grande, una gioia vera per me».

Tomorrow, invece, è una “canzone bandiera” sulla libertà di amare e prendere rischi.

«In un mondo in cui tutti si sentono in diritto di avere un’opinione su quel che viene fatto e su ogni nostro errore, si finisce per aver paura di prendere rischio. Ma questo è sbagliato. È una canzone sulla libertà di non avere paura delle conseguenze, di quello che gli altri pensano».

Il Revelation Tour è la logica espressione live di questo psico-album. Sin dal titolo?

«Certo: si collega al mio percorso di ricerca identitaria ed è – per l’appunto – la rivelazione che ho intrapreso in questa nuova avventura artistica. È uno spettacolo ricco di sorprese, forte delle esperienze e del bagaglio acquisito con i miei spettacoli in televisione. Ma ha una forte identità: la musica, che in questi anni ricchi di gioie ma anche di dolori è stata spesso una medicina per me, è riportata al centro di tutto».

Dodici concerti in Italia rappresentano un record per un artista straniero, lo sa?

«Sarà una emozione viaggiare da un estremo all’altro della penisola. Con Stasera Casa Mika, in televisione, vi ho invitati tutti a fare festa a casa mia. Stavolta sarò io a venire a casa degli italiani. Busserò alla loro porta, città per città».

:uk: Google traslator

Spoiler

MIKA "My message with music: becoming adults without losing their colors"

My name is Michael

After the successes on TV, Mika puts himself in the nude and goes in search of himself: with the autobiographical album "My name is Michael Holbrook" and with a world tour that is about to touch Italy

ITS ORIGINS IN LEBANON Mika, pseudonym of Michael Holbrook Penniman Junior was born in Beirut and is a naturalized British.

Naked in English means "naked" but also has a psychoanalytic reference: it indicates the essence of a person who strips himself of all superfluous things and goes in search of himself. In the case of Mika, both spiritually and musically. The new album by the Anglo-Lebanese showman has as its title a revelation: it reveals, in fact, its real name: "My name is Michael Holbrook". It is the emblem of a journey that Mika started some time ago and realized through thirteen autobiographical songs, all in the sign of the most serious and born pop. Poster in music of the worldwide "Revelation tour" of Mika that, thanks to the production of Barley Arts, will touch Italy from North to South with 12 dates (the first in Turin on November 24th), this album was recorded between Miami, London and the Tuscan countryside. It tells in a profound and circumstantial way many fl sh-backs of the life of the 36 year old artist Among the memories of childhood, not all sparkling, and the constant search for a human and artistic identity that led young Michael to become the great star Mika. Then, to make him retrace his steps, in search of his own adolescent "I". To get hold of it again.

Mika's new musical poster launches a message: "Become an adult without losing your colors ..."

Mika, it's not easy to synthesize a search for oneself on a record. How did he do it?

«I said to myself: now it's time to write songs with the passion of the past and, above all, for me. I wanted to raise the temperature, offer my heart, compose melodies that had strong colors and an intimate message that spoke of growing up. I focused on the idea of becoming adults without losing humanity, nor the sense of colors and eccentricity ».

Michael Holbrook is not only the star Mika, this seems to emerge from the lyrics of the songs ...

"Mom started calling me Mika when I was two hours old, she said that with my real name I would never have happened. At school I had problems, I suffered from dyslexia and only when I became famous did I find the right balance. But now I wanted to rediscover Michael, that is myself. And I did it with music. Isn't it wonderful? " Is it a psychoanalytic session among the 7 notes? "Yup. In songs like Paloma or Tiny Reprise where I sing: "My name is Michael Holbrook, I was born in 1983 ...". It's like reading my identity card. In this song my mother and my sister are present »

A very Italian song is "Sanremo". Except that the Festival doesn't enter ...

"That's it. It is a memory of when I was a teenager, plump and unhappy, and I spent my holidays on the French Riviera with an aunt. I was not well and when we got into the car to spend a day in nearby Sanremo, it was a big party, a real joy for me ».

Tomorrow, on the other hand, is a "flag song" on the freedom to love and take risks.

"In a world where everyone feels entitled to have an opinion on what is done and on all our mistakes, we end up being afraid of taking risks. But this is wrong. It's a song about the freedom of not being afraid of the consequences, of what others think ".

The Revelation Tour is the logical live expression of this psycho-album. Since the title?

«Of course: it connects to my identity research path and is - to be precise - the revelation I undertook in this new artistic adventure. It is a show full of surprises, thanks to the experiences and baggage acquired with my television shows. But it has a strong identity: the music, which in these years full of joys but also of pain was often a medicine for me, is brought back to the center of everything ".

Twelve concerts in Italy represent a record for a foreign artist, do you know?

«It will be a thrill to travel from one end of the peninsula to the other. With Casa Mika Tonight, on television, I invited you all to party at my house. This time I will come to the Italians' house. I will knock at their door, city by city. "

page 1

1933833430_AM-Novembre2019_p.1.thumb.jpg.c906f91303aac3b0d9605a735aef9bf0.jpg

page 5

1780589970_AM-Novembre2019_p.5.thumb.jpg.a4239c62a3692155cf167932e203399f.jpg

page 28, 29

1492957452_AM-Novembre2019_p_28.thumb.jpg.f33e7ff6309d12ac56b7b65d8c7944f4.jpg1799987138_AM-Novembre2019_p_29.thumb.jpg.6f9da519a4ab06e947971a6085cfdbfe.jpg

page 30 3161822133_AM-Novembre2019_p_30.thumb.jpg.1ad02b439bcc29f8f5170f870e61ec60.jpg384955935_AM-Novembre2019_p_31.thumb.jpg.97f077fad12222cfd941f204a34c3268.jpg

• Thanks 1

Marie Claire Italia

Dicembre 2019

MC-It_2019_12.thumb.jpg.f76f4e729bf47d5136153531508298ca.jpg

100 domande a Mika: il cantante torna sul palco dopo aver messo in ordine le questioni di famiglia

• 16 Nov 2019
  • di Davide Burchiellaro
RIPARTENZA MIKA IN UN RITRATTO DI FRANÇOIS ROELANTS. IL SUO REVELATION TOUR, PARTITO DA LONDRA, ARRIVA IN ITALIA. DOVE TOCCHERÀ 20 CITTÀ. SARÀ A MILANO, IL PROSSIMO 3 DICEMBRE, AL FORUM DI ASSAGO.

Michael Holbrook è il suo vero nome. Pronunciarlo oggi lo fa sentire adulto. E, dopo mesi passati a conoscere meglio papà e mettere ordine in una famiglia di donne, il cantante anglolibanese torna sul palco.

Per svelare ciò che ha capito del sesso. E ribadire che contro il trash e la censura si può vincere

COME TUTTI GLI ASCENSORI DEI PALAZZI

Signorili di Milano, anche quello che sale nella casa di Paloma Holbrook, sorella di Mika, è lento ed emette rumori futuristi. Ma i vocalizzi del cantante (che usa l’appartamento come base milanese) sono più forti, ed è un privilegio sentirli. Il maestro di canto se ne va, la prima domanda delle 100 che seguiranno è obbligata:

1) Scusa, ma i vicini non dicono niente? Nessuno si lamenta ( ride).

2) Anni di silenzio e ora My Name is Michael Holbrook. Un titolo che parla di una crisi d’identità?

La questione era diventare adulti. Ho capito che succede a causa di una congiuntura misteriosa.

3) Quindi l’età adulta comincia a 36 anni?

No.Magari a 13 o a 60. Non c’è una regola.

4) Il video di Tiny Love, brano dell’ultimo album, pare un tutorial di psicologia femminile. Che in fluenza hanno le donne nella tua vita?

Peggio di avere una madre wasp (white-anglo-saxon-protestant, ndr) c’è soltanto avere una madre libanese. E io ce l’ho, si chiama Joanne. Tanto che sono andato adesso a conoscere meglio mio padre, il signor Mike Holbrook che vive in America, in Georgia. Ma l’imprinting femminile è forte.

5) Tre sorelle, Jasmine, Paloma, Zuleika e due golden retriever femmine, Melachi e Amira.

Non ti senti circondato?

Sì, ma soprattutto fortunato. Nella creazione di un profumo, sono le note femminili a rendere il mix perfetto.

6) Dopo la vacanza con papà sei stato un Mika

diverso? Sono diventato Michael Holbrook Penniman, un Mika senza k.

7) Senza k sei più libero?

Se qualcuno non mi riconosce, mi presento come Michael e divento una persona come tutte le altre.

😎 Questo è un album denso. Volevi mandare un messaggio universale?

Non cerco un riconoscimento universale e posso fregarmene delle strategie commerciali. È un cambio di passo dopo quattro anni di stop e riflessioni.

9) Un bilancio professionale o di più?

Di più, un album sincronizzato con la vita. Dentro ci ho messo le sfide di carriera, quelle personali, quelle dell’età, la resilienza della mia famiglia e la morte.

10) La tua famiglia, in due aggettivi è?

Tradizionale nello starsi vicini, moderna nell’essere sparsi in giro per il mondo, una comune postmoderna.

11) Qual è stata la scintilla ispiratrice?

Di recente se ne sono andate persone che ho molto amato. Perdite che hanno rimescolato la mia vita.

12) Vuoi dirci chi erano? Mia nonna, un punto di riferimento, una persona difficile e di tanti colori. Ha avuto mia mamma a 16 anni e ha sposato giovanissima un sessantenne. Poi se n’è andata mia zia, la sorella di mia mamma, poi la mia adorata governante di Parigi. E infine Isabella, detta Bella. Ha vissuto nella nostra famiglia a Londra. È la mia seconda mamma, a lei devo la mia parte tenera.

13) Come la ricordi? Mi ha lasciato un messaggio tosto: «Vivrai tempi pesanti, affronta tutto con il cuore, ce la farai».

14) Riuscirai a saltellare sul palco cantando un album così sofferto?

Ma in questo album c’è tanta vita! È dal confronto con la morte che nascono le sfide vitali. Bella voleva tornare alle stelle. E noi con uno speciale fuoco d’artificio abbiamo inviato lassù le sue ceneri. È stato bellissimo.

15) Da dove è partito il razzo?

Non dall’Italia. Qui non è legale sparare ceneri nel cielo.

16) Che cosa succede a un artista in questi mo menti?

Capisce che i testi e i tempi della musica sono al servizio delle emozioni più vitali.

17) Avere tre sorelle che fanno lavori creativi ti è servito?

Con Paloma che fa la stilista c’è un legame molto forte e lei è stata una fonte di ispirazione, ma anche Jasmine che si occupa di grafica e Zuleika che fa la designer di gioielli hanno avuto e hanno molta influenza.

18) Il viaggio interiore è nemico delle vendite?

Se pensi al passaggio di certe persone nella tua vita non puoi certo fare strategie di marketing.

19) In questo percorso hai avuto un lifecoach o uno psicologo? Ho fatto tutto da solo. 20) Che regole ti sei dato? Staccare con il lavoro, tutto il lavoro, incluso il mio finto lavoro.

21) Qual è il tuo nto lavoro?

Scrivo, disegno, ballo, recito, canto, chissà qual è il vero lavoro?

22) Il tuo coming out è stato capito in famiglia?

Mia madre ha risposto di aver sempre saputo tutto.

23) Quale attività dà più senso alla tua vita?

La scrittura. Ho capito che dovevo cambiare perché procrastinavo la scrittura del nuovo album.

24) Come nascono le idee?

Scrivendo. Puoi visitare una città da turista, ma se devi scriverne sei costretto a notare i dettagli che possono ispirarti.

25) Chi è la protagonista di Ti ho trovato nel buio?

Mia sorella Paloma, che nel 2009 è caduta dal quarto piano ed è rimasta infilzata in un cancello.

Questa canzone è stata un duro lavoro, perché dovevo trovare la bellezza in un fatto tragico. Ci ho messo 10 anni a scriverla.

26) Chi è oggi Paloma, per te?

Con lei il legame è fortissimo. Aveva molti progetti, come quello di recitare. Ma l’emiparesi sinistra che l’ha colpita alla nascita e poi l’incidente, hanno ucciso i suoi sogni.

27) È vero che sei ossessionato dalle scarpe bianche?

Pare proprio di sì ( ride).

28) A chi è dedicata la canzone sulle scarpe da ballo, Platform Ballerinas?

Sono scarpe che raccontano il sacrificio femminile, la manipolazione del corpo. Ma anche il lato folle delle donne.

29) Chi ti ha ispirato il pezzo?

Geri Halliwell, che ai tempi delle Spice Girls portava ballerine rialzate. E mia sorella Jasmine che fa la stilista e non sa danzare ma ci prova, facendo ridere tutti.

30) Il corpo della donna è diventato un campo di battaglia politico?

Lo scandalo è servito a sensibilizzare gli uomini. Anche quelli come me, che non ho mai pensato alla sofferenza di una donna vittima di un ricatto sessuale.

31) Qual è la peggiore discriminazione?

Sembra ce ne siano tanti tipi: sessuali, di pelle, di classe sociale, di peso, di altezza. Ma chi ha un atteggiamento discriminante lo applica a tutto.

32) Perché per la canzone Sanremo hai girato un video a Fiume?

Ho scelto un regista costoso, W.I.Z., un genio. Per motivi anche economici l’abbiamo girato a Fiume, è una bellissima città e andava bene per il video, che è ambientato nell’Italia degli anni 50.

33) Chi è W.I.Z.?

Uno che fa i casting per la strada, gira in bianco e nero e continua a citare Pier Paolo Pasolini.

34) Chi sei in questo video?

Un architetto sposato che di notte va a cercare sesso con gli uomini.

35) Secondo te oggi il sesso è censurato?

Tutti negano che ci sia censura, perché “c’è Internet, c’è Pornhub”. Che cazzo vuol dire?

36) Il sesso su Internet non ti piace?

È facile relegare il sesso nella pornografia invece che sforzarsi di parlarne senza essere bigotti.

37) E come si fa?

Ci si potrebbe perfino ispirare alla Rai degli anni 70. Con il bianco e nero c’era meno censura di oggi.

38) Sei nato nel 1983, ti riconosci nell’etichetta millennial?

Per carità.

39) Essere stato ragazzino negli anni 90 che cosa ti ha lasciato?

Il decennio ha offerto musica mediocre. È stata la decade delle band costruite a tavolino, delle major, della creatività votata al commerciale. Dei 90 salverei soltanto il sesso.

40) Che cosa ha di più quel sesso vintage?

In quegli anni star come George Michael hanno potuto parlare di un erotismo libero. I Nirvana ne hanno cantato uno più rabbioso. E poi la presenza scenica di Prince che per questo tour mi ha ispirato molto. È un percorso di emancipazione nato negli anni 80 e terminato nei 90. C’è bisogno di conservarne memoria.

41) Quanto è importante la memoria nel pop?

Posso far rispondere Umberto Eco?

42) Che cosa diceva il filosofo?

In una lettera a suo nipote scrive: «I tuoi amici che non avranno coltivato la loro memoria non solo non sapranno emergere nelle conversazioni scomode, ma avranno vissuto una vita, la loro propria vita, e non tutte le vite che servono per essere una persona».

43) Secondo te perché Umberto Eco odiava i social?

Aveva capito che sarebbero stati il grande magazzino della superficialità. E lo vediamo da come è narrata la sensualità, ovvero: “mi rifaccio le tette, il culo e appendo le foto su Instagram”.

44) Chi è stato il più bravo a dare un valore culturale al sesso?

Ci sono stati artisti come Andy Warhol che hanno creato cultura parlando di sesso senza pietire i like sul mercato dell’immagine.

45) C’è gente, da Camille Paglia a Roger Waters, che fa discorsi simili, ma hanno tutti superato i 70, che cosa ne pensi?

Che c’è una certa retorica dei vecchi saggi. A volte sono buffi.

46) Roger Waters che al Festival di Venezia alza il pugno chiuso è un attivista credibile?

Bisogna chiederglielo quando lui e Jagger salgono sugli yacht di lusso con gli amici milionari russi e vanno a fare scorribande per il Mediterraneo ( ride).

47) L’attivismo ha bisogno di nuove celebrity?

Lo chiederei al giovane più figo, cool e sensibile che ho visto al Lido, Timothée Chalamet.

48) Sai essere tagliente, perché non abbiamo notizia di tue ammate sui social network?

Perché reagire lì dentro significa sentirsi vulnerabili. Quando leggo certi commenti mi si accende un fuoco di rabbia nella pancia. Ma divento fragile e non voglio pagare questo prezzo per un post.

49) I rapporti sociali non virtuali sono a rischio?

È facile lamentarsi di questo con i ragazzi, ma conoscere persone nuove è diventato più difficile.

50) Qual è l’insulto peggiore che ti salta in testa quando sei incazzato?

s**thead… intraducibile.

51) Hai lavorato con Fedez prima dell’era Ferragnez ( Beautiful disaster, 2014, ndr). Che cosa pensi della sua evoluzione?

Ci sentiamo ogni tanto, lui fa una vita molto diversa da me, ma vedo che è felice. È uno che non ha paura di impegnarsi ed è anche un ragazzo molto ambizioso.

52) Sei mai stato stalkerato e bullizzato?

Dello stalking non voglio parlare, mentre il bullismo a scuola è stata una delle dure prove della mia adolescenza sia a Parigi che a Londra. Spesso, quando non era ancora stata riconosciuta la mia dislessia mi facevano sentire stupido.

53) C’è qualcosa che non rifaresti mai più?

Baciare qualcuno che non conosco dopo aver mangiato il gazpacho.

54) Qual è il sogno che non hai ancora realizzato e al quale dedicherai il prossimo decennio?

Se non ci sono di mezzo i soldi, la realizzazione definitiva dei sogni non ha limiti.

55) Puoi elencarne qualcuno?

Fare mostre con i miei lavori, scrivere di più, mettere in scena un’opera.

56) Come vorresti realizzarli?

Vorrei creare esperienze immersive aperte a tutti. E belle storie che rendano il mondo croccante.

57) Che cosa bisogna fare per essere più croc canti, in Italia?

Il problema è mondiale: il trash, la cultura spazzatura. A volte non lo vediamo, si nasconde dentro discorsi sofisticati.

58) Puoi fare un esempio? No.

59) Non vuoi o non puoi?

Va bene, prendiamo la moda usa e getta e la sua ipocrisia. Ci siamo dentro tutti. Sappiamo che dobbiamo cambiare perché non è etica. Ma opponiamo resistenza. Anche questo è accettare il trash nella nostra vita.

60) Hai una soluzione?

Ognuno è parte della soluzione con le sue passioni. Creiamo dei microformat personali da rispettare.

61) Che cosa sarebbe un microformat?

Una specie di schema d’azione. Nello shopping, per esempio, colleghiamoci con chi la pensa come noi e condividiamo la scelta di non comprare cose che si buttano nel cesso a fine stagione.

62) Ci mobilitiamo abbastanza per le giuste cause?

Certi risultati si ottengono stabilendo legami forti con persone forti, non solo organizzando charity dinner.

Melachi,

63) 64) Hai zia animali e nipote. domestici?

Due No cani, no, Amira signi- e Sono nomi nobili libanesi?

ficano Il vizietto Regina con Ugo e Principessa. Tognazzi e Mi Michel sono Serrault. ispirato a I cani sono come le persone?

65)  Spero di Ovviamente.

no.

66)Sei mai stato tradito?

67) Hai mai tradito?

No.

68) Gli Ufo esistono?

Certo, non sono egoista, io.

69) Qual è la tua isola greca preferita?

Skiros.

70) Per il mare?

Per gli abitanti. Per lo sguardo aggressivo e il modo di portare il coltello nella cintura.

71) Invito a cena obbligato: con Matteo Salvini o Boris Johnson?

Ma scusa, non sono due nomi per indicare la stessa persona?

72) Da bambino che uomo volevi diventare?

Un tipo abbastanza diverso da Johnson e Salvini.

73) Qual è la tua paura più grande?

Boris Johnson e Matteo Salvini, insieme.

74) Il miglior cantautore italiano di tutti i tempi?

Fabrizio De André.

75) Franco Angioni è un peacekeeper italiano che nel 1982 in Libano ha dotato i suoi soldati di libri sulla cultura libanese più che di armi. Sapevi di lui?

Me ne hanno parlato di recente.

76) Che cosa ti ricordi della caduta del muro di

Berlino? Avevo 16 anni. E di quelle immagini mi ricordo distintamente soltanto i lunghi baci.

A quale tentazione non puoi resistere?

le 77) patatineee, il gelatooo. Le serie tv trash. Ah,

78) Qual è il tuo guilty pleasure?

Netflix.

79) L’ultima È la storia che hai dell’imperatore visto?

Il regista del nudo, porno su giapponese Nobuhiro Motohashi.

80) Se la tua casa andasse a fuoco che libro salveresti?

La raccolta delle istruzioni di tutti i device elettronici. Ci ho messo mesi a ordinarle.

81) La musica può guarire?

No, però può accompagnare la guarigione.

82) Come de niresti i talent show in tre parole?

Belli, brutti, detonatori di rabbia.

83) Hai già vissuto il grande amore?

Non esiste il Grande Amore.

84) Questa risposta è irricevibile. Puoi ripetere?

Il Grande Amore è come il sushi. Che hai già mangiato quello buono lo scopri dopo averne provati tanti disgustosi.

85) Chissà come la pensa Andreas Dermanis, ovvero Andy. È ancora il tuo compagno?

Certo.

Quindi la risposta non lo scalfisce.

86) Sei un partner geloso?

Moltissimo.

87) Quando hai vinto il Premio Ennio Flaiano, sa pevi chi fosse Ennio Flaiano?

No. Ma dopo me l’hanno spiegato.

88) Lanceresti un disco su Pornhub come certi rapper?

La risposta furba è si. Quella sincera è no.

89) Sarebbe rischioso per la tua immagine?

No, è questione di qualità del porno. Anche per fare film hard ci vuole cura. E lì c’è troppa merda.

90) Oggi ti senti lontano dalla tv generalista?

A volte è soltanto un gioco di luci e ombre. In senso letterale. Il Mika televisivo, a viso aperto, sorridente e illuminato, sul palco di questo tour è in controluce. È significativo.

91) Quando si discute di politicamente scorretto a che cosa pensi?

Preferisco parlare di politicamente onesto.

92) In tv hai fatto discorsi politicamente onesti?

Ho detto cose scomode contro l’omofobia.

93) Con quali parole aprirai il tour a Londra, il 9 novembre?

Dirò: «Mi sarebbe piaciuto suonare all’Astoria Theatre, ma, come tutti i posti fighi di Londra they ####ed them up (storico locale caro alla comunità LGBT dietro Soho Square, che è stato trasformato in shopping center, ndr). Ora canto in questa discarica al Shepherd Bush’s Empire».

94) Che cosa vuol dire essere cattolico greco-melchita, la religione di famiglia? È semplice, il rito è ortodosso. Però seguiamo il Vaticano.

95) Conosci il cinese, che cosa diresti ai ragazzi in piazza a Hong Kong?

Non lo parlo così bene.

96) Però puoi insultare in dialetto arabo libanese?

Si. Ma mi costringeresti a dire parole che in arabo sono orribili… veramente orribili.

97) Pensi che il blu e l’azzurro siano feminine colors?

Ricordo ai fan dell’azzurro “solo” maschile che da millenni ci inginocchiamo davanti alla Madonna, con la sua tunica celeste.

90) Are you feeling away from generalist TV today?

Sometimes it's just a play of light and shadow. In a literal sense. The television Mika, with an open face, smiling and enlightened, is backlit on the stage of this tour. It's significant.

91) When discussing politically incorrect what do you think about?

I prefer to talk about politically honest.

92) Have you made politically honest speeches on TV?

I said uncomfortable things against homophobia.

93) With what words will you open the tour in London on November 9th?

I will say: "I would have liked to play at the Astoria Theater, but like all the cool places in London they ####ed them up (local historian dear to the LGBT community behind Soho Square, which was turned into a shopping center, ed). Now I sing in this dump to the Shepherd Bush's Empire. "

94) What does it mean to be Greek-Melkite Catholic, the family religion?

t's simple, the ritual is orthodox. But we follow the Vatican.

95) Do you know Chinese, what would you say to the kids in Hong Kong?

I don't speak it so well.

96) But can you insult in the Lebanese Arabic dialect?

Yes. But you would force me to say words that are horrible in Arabic ... really horrible.

97) Do you think blue and blue are feminine colors?

I remind the fans of the "only" male blue that we have been kneeling before the Madonna for thousands of years, with her celestial tunic.

98) Agriculture Minister Teresa Bellanova received malicious comments when she swore in blue at the Quirinale. Do you have a message for her?

Don't be afraid of men who are afraid of women who have power.

99) The Revelation tour, with which you have already completed the tour of America and you are about to start the European one, will have hundreds of concerts. There is

will you do it

Absolutely yes.

100) Do you want me to greet you like Michael or like Mika?

Michael, my name is Michael Holbrook, born in 1983.

98) La ministra dell’agricoltura Teresa Bellanova ha ricevuto commenti maligni quando ha giurato in blu al Quirinale. Hai un messaggio per lei?

Non aver paura degli uomini che hanno paura delle donne che hanno il potere.

99) Il Revelation tour, con il quale hai già completato il giro dell’America e stai per cominciare quello europeo, conterà centinaia di concerti. Ce

la farai?

Assolutamente sì.

100) Vuoi che ti saluti come Michael o come Mika?

Michael, il mio nome è Michael Holbrook, born in 1983. ❍

Spoiler

100 questions to Mika: the singer returns to the stage after putting family matters in order

MIKA RESTART IN A PORTRAIT OF FRANÇOIS ROELANTS. ITS REVELATION TOUR, STARTING FROM LONDON, COMES IN ITALY. WHERE WILL TAKE 20 CITIES. THE NEXT DECEMBER 3 IN MILAN WILL BE AT THE ASSAGO FORUM.

Michael Holbrook is his real name. Saying it today makes him feel like an adult. And, after months of getting to know Dad better and tidying up a family of women, the Angloliban singer returns to the stage.

To reveal what he understood about sex. And reiterate that against trash and censorship you can win

LIKE ALL LIFTS OF PALACES

Gentlemen of Milan, even the one who goes into the house of Paloma Holbrook, Mika's sister, is slow and emits futuristic noises. But the vocalisations of the singer (who uses the apartment as a Milanese base) are stronger, and it is a privilege to hear them. The singing teacher leaves, the first question of the following 100 is required:

1) Sorry, but the neighbors don't say anything? No one complains (laughs).

2) Years of silence and now My Name is Michael Holbrook. A title that speaks of an identity crisis?

The question was to become adults. I understand that it happens because of a mysterious conjuncture.

3) So the adult age begins at 36?

No.Magari to 13 or 60. There is no rule.

4) The video of Tiny Love, a song from the last album, looks like a tutorial on female psychology. What fluent women have in your life?

Worse than having a wasp mother (white-anglo-saxon-protestant, ed) there is only having a Lebanese mother. And I have it, it's called Joanne. So much so that I went to get to know my father better now, Mr. Mike Holbrook who lives in America, in Georgia. But the female imprinting is strong.

5) Three sisters, Jasmine, Paloma, Zuleika and two female golden retrievers, Melachi and Amira.

Don't you feel surrounded?

Yes, but above all lucky. In creating a perfume, feminine notes make the mix perfect.

6) After your vacation with dad you were a Mika

different? I became Michael Holbrook Penniman, a Mika without k.

7) Without k are you more free?

If someone does not recognize me, I introduce myself as Michael and become a person like any other.

😎 This is a dense album. Did you want to send a universal message?

I am not looking for a universal recognition and can not care about commercial strategies. It is a change of pace after four years of stop and reflection.

9) A professional balance sheet or more?

What's more, an album synchronized with life. Inside I put career challenges, personal challenges, age challenges, my family's resilience and death.

10) Is your family in two adjectives?

Traditional in its neighbors, modern in being scattered around the world, a postmodern community.

11) What was the inspiring spark?

Recently, people I have loved have left. Losses that have reshuffled my life.

12) Do you want to tell us who they were? My grandmother, a point of reference, a difficult person with many colors. He had my mom at 16 and married a sixty year old. Then my aunt left, my mother's sister, then my beloved housekeeper in Paris. And finally Isabella, called Bella. He lived in our family in London. She's my second mom, I owe my tender part to her.

13) How do you remember it? He left me a tough message: "You will live through heavy times, face everything with your heart, you will succeed".

14) Will you be able to hop on stage singing an album that has suffered so much?

But in this album there is so much life! It is from confrontation with death that vital challenges arise. Bella wanted to go back to the stars. And we sent his ashes up there with a special firework. It was wonderful.

15) Where did the rocket start from?

Not from Italy. Here it is not legal to shoot ashes in the sky.

16) What happens to an artist in these moments?

He understands that the texts and the times of music are at the service of the most vital emotions.

17) Did having three sisters who do creative work help you?

With Paloma making the designer there is a very strong bond and she has been a source of inspiration, but also Jasmine who is in charge of graphics and Zuleika who is a jewelry designer have had and have a lot of influence.

18) Is the inner journey the enemy of sales?

If you think about the passage of certain people in your life you certainly can't do marketing strategies.

19) In this path did you have a lifecoach or a psychologist? I did it all by myself. 20) What rules have you given yourself? Get off with work, all the work, including my fake work.

21) What is your work?

I write, draw, dance, act, sing, who knows what the real job is?

22) Has your coming out been understood in the family?

My mother replied that she always knew everything.

23) What activity gives your life the most meaning?

Writing. I realized that I had to change because I postponed writing the new album.

24) How are ideas born?

Writing. You can visit a city as a tourist, but if you have to write about it, you have to notice the details that can inspire you.

25) Who is the protagonist of I found you in the dark?

My sister Paloma, who fell from the fourth floor in 2009 and was stuck in a gate.

This song was hard work, because I had to find beauty in a tragic fact. It took me 10 years to write it.

26) Who is Paloma today for you?

With her the bond is very strong. He had many projects, like acting. But the left hemiparesis that struck her at birth and then the accident killed her dreams.

27) Is it true that you are obsessed with white shoes?

It seems so yes (laughs).

28) To whom is the song dedicated to dancing shoes, Platformerinas?

They are shoes that tell the feminine sacrifice, the manipulation of the body. But also the crazy side of women.

29) Who inspired you the piece?

Geri Halliwell, who at the time of the Spice Girls wore raised dancers. And my sister Jasmine who is a stylist and can't dance but tries to make everyone laugh.

30) Has the woman's body become a political battleground?

The scandal served to sensitize men. Even those like me, who have never thought about the suffering of a woman victim of sexual blackmail.

31) What is the worst discrimination?

There seem to be many types: sexual, of skin, of social class, of weight, of height. But those who have a discriminating attitude apply it to everything.

32) Why did you shoot a video in Fiume for the song Sanremo?

I chose an expensive director, W.I.Z., a genius. For economic reasons we shot it in Rijeka, it's a beautiful city and it was fine for the video, which is set in Italy in the 50s.

33) Who is W.I.Z.?

One who casts in the street, runs in black and white and continues to quote Pier Paolo Pasolini.

34) Who are you in this video?

A married architect who goes to look for sex with men at night.

35) Do you think sex is censored today?

Everyone denies that there is censorship, because "there is Internet, there is Pornhub". What the #### do you mean?

36) Do you dislike internet sex?

It's easy to relegate sex to pornography instead of trying to talk about it without being bigoted.

37) And how is it done?

One could even be inspired by the Rai of the 70s. With black and white there was less censorship than today.

38) Were you born in 1983, do you recognize yourself on the millennial label?

For charity.

39) Being a kid in the 90s what did he leave you?

The decade offered mediocre music. It was the decade of desk-based bands, of majors, of commercial creativity. Of the 90 I would only save sex.

40) What is more about that vintage sex?

In those years, stars like George Michael could talk about free eroticism. Nirvana sang a more rabid one. And then the stage presence of Prince who inspired me a lot for this tour. It is a path of emancipation born in the 80s and completed in the 90s. We need to preserve its memory.

41) How important is memory in pop?

Can I have Umberto Eco answer?

42) What did the philosopher say?

In a letter to his nephew he writes: "Your friends who have not cultivated their memory will not only not be able to emerge in uncomfortable conversations, but will have lived a life, their own life, and not all the lives they need to be a person ».

43) In your opinion, why did Umberto Eco hate social media?

He understood that they would be the superficial department store. And we see it from how sensuality is narrated, that is: "I make my tits, my ass and hang photos on Instagram".

44) Who was the best at giving cultural value to sex?

There have been artists like Andy Warhol who have created culture by talking about sex without pleasing the likes on the image market.

45) There are people, from Camille Paglia to Roger Waters, who make similar speeches, but they all exceed 70, what do you think?

That there is a certain rhetoric of the old sages. Sometimes they are funny.

46) Roger Waters who raises his clenched fist at the Venice Film Festival is a credible activist?

You have to ask him when he and Jagger get on luxury yachts with Russian millionaire friends and go for raids on the Mediterranean (laughs).

47) Does activism need new celebrities?

I would ask the coolest, coolest and most sensitive young man I saw at the Lido, Timothée Chalamet.

48) Do you know how to be sharp, because we don't have news of your friends on social networks?

Because reacting in there means feeling vulnerable. When I read certain comments I get a fire of rage in my belly. But I become fragile and I don't want to pay this price for a post.

49) Are non-virtual social relationships at risk?

It's easy to complain about this with boys, but meeting new people has become more difficult.

50) What is the worst insult that comes to your mind when you're pissed off?

s**thead ... untranslatable.

51) You worked with Fedez before the Ferragnez era (Beautiful disaster, 2014, ed). What do you think about its evolution?

We talk to each other every now and then, he has a very different life from me, but I see he is happy. He is someone who is not afraid to commit himself and is also a very ambitious boy.

52) Have you ever been stalked and bullied?

I don't want to talk about stalking, while bullying at school was one of the hard tests of my adolescence both in Paris and London. Often, when my dyslexia had not yet been recognized, they made me feel stupid.

53) Is there anything you would never do again?

Kissing someone I don't know after eating gazpacho.

54) What is the dream that you have not yet realized and to which you will dedicate the next decade?

If there is no money involved, the ultimate realization of dreams has no limits.

55) Can you list any of them?

Making exhibitions with my works, writing more, staging a work.

56) How would you like to achieve them?

I would like to create immersive experiences open to everyone. And beautiful stories that make the world crisp.

57) What must be done to be more croc canti, in Italy?

The problem is global: trash, junk culture. Sometimes we don't see it, it hides inside sophisticated speeches.

58) Can you give an example? No.

59) Don't you want or can't?

Okay, let's take disposable fashion and its hypocrisy. We are all in it. We know we must change because it is not ethical. But we resist. This is also accepting the trash in our lives.

60) Do you have a solution?

Each is part of the solution with its passions. We create personal microformats to respect.

61) What would a microformat be?

A kind of scheme of action. In shopping, for example, let's connect with those who think like us and share the choice not to buy things that are thrown into the toilet at the end of the season.

62) Do we mobilize enough for the right causes?

Certain results are achieved by establishing strong bonds with strong people, not only by organizing charity dinners.

Melachi,

63) 64) You have a pet aunt and a nephew. Pets?

Two No dogs, no, Amira means- Are they noble Lebanese names?

the vicious Queen with Hugh and Princess. Tognazzi and Mi Michel are Serrault. inspired by dogs are they like people?

65) I hope of course.

no.

66) Have you ever been betrayed?

67) Have you ever cheated?

No.

68) Do UFOs exist?

Of course, I'm not selfish, me.

69) Which is your favorite Greek island?

Skyros.

70) For the sea?

For the inhabitants. For the aggressive look and the way to carry the knife in the belt.

71) Invitation to a forced dinner: with Matteo Salvini or Boris Johnson?

But sorry, aren't there two names to indicate the same person?

72) As a child, did you want to become a man?

A type quite different from Johnson and Salvini.

73) What is your biggest fear?

Boris Johnson and Matteo Salvini, together.

74) The best Italian singer-songwriter of all time?

Fabrizio De André.

75) Franco Angioni is an Italian peacekeeper who in 1982 in Lebanon has equipped his soldiers with books on Lebanese culture rather than weapons. Did you know about him?

They talked about it recently.

76) What do you remember of the fall of the wall of

Berlin? I was 16 years old. And of those images I distinctly remember only the long kisses.

What temptation can't you resist?

the 77) patatinesee, the gelatooo. The trash TV series. Ah,

78) What is your guilty pleasure?

Netflix.

79) Is the last story you have of the emperor seen?

The director of the nude, porn on Japanese Nobuhiro Motohashi.

80) If your house was on fire, what book would you save?

The collection of instructions for all electronic devices. It took me months to order them.

81) Can music heal?

No, but it can accompany healing.

82) How would you tell talent shows in three words?

Beautiful, ugly, detonators of anger.

83) Have you already experienced great love?

There is no Great Love.

84) This reply is inadmissible. Can you repeat?

Il Grande Amore is like sushi. That you've already eaten the good one you find out after trying so many disgusting ones.

85) Who knows how Andreas Dermanis thinks, that is Andy. Is he still your partner?

Sure.

So the answer doesn't scratch it.

86) Are you a jealous partner?

Very very much.

87) When you won the Ennio Flaiano Award, do you know who Ennio Flaiano was?

No. But they explained it later.

88) Would you throw a record on Pornhub like some rappers?

The clever answer is yes. The sincere one is no.

89) Would it be risky for your image?

No, it's a question of porn quality. Care is also needed to make hard movies. And there is too much crap there.

963155617_MarieClaireItalia-Dicembre2019_p._156.thumb.jpg.4f65e27c6df4b1fcafc119f8075d5024.jpg822614817_MarieClaireItalia-Dicembre2019_p._157.thumb.jpg.1b8eabc68e3f11274316b1073e11b55c.jpg

1216877148_MarieClaireItalia-Dicembre2019_p._158.thumb.jpg.c28a1b439017d08ebb25add5ba664ced.jpg79950142_MarieClaireItalia-Dicembre2019_p._159.thumb.jpg.73ee4ab42f230bbaaca66f7936097d49.jpg

203720811_MarieClaireItalia-Dicembre2019_p._160.thumb.jpg.15a5a25146aaa268ef851cbfe5973865.jpg1637587018_MarieClaireItalia-Dicembre2019_p._162.thumb.jpg.d95ea0b4bb41f6db71eafe3b67bce669.jpg

1133797534_MarieClaireItalia-Dicembre2019_p._164.thumb.jpg.ed3893a46ea5b1cf61becfa35c01ff2e.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
adding a pdf file.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Yeah, his answer to the question what he remembers of the fall of the Berlin wall is obvious, he could as well have said "nothing" - he was 6, not 16, in 1989. :lmfao: I guess a 6 year old is interested in other things.

Also his comments about Salvini and Johnson made me laugh. :naughty: I love it how he can express his dislike for them with so much humour. :thumb_yello:

And he finally talks about Platform Ballerinas! Inspired by Geri Halliwell and Yasmine. Um, ok. :lmfao:

He also says he wants to be called Michael. When he had said the opposite elsewhere. Maybe it depends on his current mood. :doh: Or it indicates that he doesn't like this journalist.

There's something messed up around questions 63-66, the talk about his dogs and their names... and then I think he says "I hope not" to the question "have you been betrayed?".

• Like 2

Corriere Torino

22 Nov 2019

Finalmente torno E sono contento

Mika torna a esibirsi in città dopo 12 anni «Sarà uno show pieno di energia e intimità»

Dopo un’indigestione francese di sold out, la coloratissima astronave di Mika atterra domenica sera al Palaalpitour. L’occasione è ghiotta: un po’ perché si tratta del debutto assoluto in Italia del nuovo «Revelation Tour», in cui la popstar anglo-libanese presenterà le canzoni dell’album «My Name Is Michael Holbrook». Un po’ perché a Torino Mika non lo si vede mica così spesso: l’ultima volta che è passato nel palazzetto di piazza d’armi indossava i panni di giudice alle audizioni di «X Factor», mentre per un concerto bisogna risalire agli esordi, ai tempi di «Grace Kelly».

Più facile incontrarlo nelle Langhe, dove — amante del vino e dei luoghi in cui lo si produce — trascorre spesso il tempo libero a Santo Stefano Belbo e ha suonato l’ultimo concerto piemontese, nel 2016 al festival Collisioni.

«Torino, finalmente», dice Mika. «Non so perché sia passato tutto questo tempo, ma sono contento di tornare a cantare in città».

Di solito i tour prendono il nome dal disco che promuovono. Questo invece se ne distacca e si chiama «Revelation», come mai?

«Si collega al percorso di ricerca identitaria — appunto, di rivelazione — che ho intrapreso in questa nuova avventura artistica. Sarà uno show ricco di sorprese, forte delle esperienze e del bagaglio acquisito con i miei spettacoli televisivi, ma riportando la musica al centro di tutto. In Italia, poi, per me è una vera emozione viaggiare da un estremo all’altro della Penisola. Con “Stasera Casamika” ho invitato tutti a fare festa a casa mia, stavolta sarò io ad andare a casa dei miei fan. Diciamo che voglio ringraziare gli italiani, da sempre molto generosi con me».

Nell’album invece ha messo al centro il suo nome di battesimo. Perché?

«Certi artisti si cimentano con un alter ego artistico, io ho fatto il contrario, sono andato a scoprire l’uomo dietro l’artista. Sono stato diviso dodici anni tra Mika e Michael Holbrook, adesso ho fatto pace con la mia identità. L’unico modo che conosco per vivere ed esprimermi è creare musica, scrivere, esibirmi. Senza questo, io non esisto. I nuovi brani parlano di temi molto seri e personali, ma offrono musica di grande gioia e colore. Ad un certo punto mi sono detto: se la vita ti lancia una grossa sfida, alza la temperatura, offri il tuo cuore, scrivi melodie. Mi sono concentrato sull’idea di diventare un adulto senza perdere umanità, calore, il senso dei colori e dell’eccentricità. Se nella dimensione live saprò ricreare il mio mondo e quello che sono, vorrà dire che ho fatto la scelta giusta. Ho in mente uno show intenso, a tratti sofferto, dove il pubblico troverà un’energia pazzesca ma anche tantissima intimità. Questo è molto importante per me».

La scaletta è incentrata sulle canzoni del nuovo disco?

«Sono due ore di concerto, quindi assieme a nuove canzoni come “Ice Cream”, “Sanremo” e “Tomorrow”, ci saranno anche le hit del passato “Grace Kelly”, “Stardust”, “Relax (Take It Easy)”, “Happy Ending” e molte altre».

La scenografia viene presentata come «un’installazione d’arte».

«Ho cambiato il set quattro volte, consapevole che doveva essere diverso dagli altri realizzati fino ad oggi. Ho disegnato qualcosa di molto bello: ricorda un’immensa installazione d’arte perché ha grandi illustrazioni e foto sospese nell’aria. Il palco è tutto proteso verso il pubblico, e mi lancia in una dimensione quasi onirica e intima. Anche le luci saranno particolari, con un impianto maestoso. Ci sarà una relazione magica tra effetti spettacolari, musica e pubblico. Una performance senza schemi o modulazioni precostruite, mai uguale a se stessa. Sarà un vero “one man show”, uno spettacolo live innovativo».

❞Ho voluto un palco tutto proteso verso il pubblico: è un’immensa installazione artistica

❞ Certi artisti si cimentano con un alter ego, io ho fatto il contrario, sono andato a scoprire l’uomo dietro l’artista

:uk: Google translatpr

Spoiler

Finally I come back And I'm happy
Mika returns to perform in the city after 12 years "It will be a show full of energy and intimacy"

After a French sold out indigestion, Mika's colorful spaceship lands Sunday evening at the Palaalpitour. The occasion is greedy: a little because it is the absolute debut in Italy of the new «Revelation Tour», in which the Anglo-Lebanese pop star will present the songs from the album «My Name Is Michael Holbrook». A little because in Turin Mika is not seen so often: the last time he spent in the piazza in arms he wore the clothes of a judge at the auditions of «X Factor», while for a concert you have to go back to the beginning , at the time of «Grace Kelly».

Easier to meet him in the Langhe, where - a lover of wine and the places where it is produced - he often spends his free time in Santo Stefano Belbo and played the last Piedmontese concert, in 2016 at the Collisioni festival.

"Turin, finally," says Mika. "I don't know why all this time has passed, but I'm happy to go back to singing in the city."

Tours usually take their name from the record they promote. This instead detaches itself and is called «Revelation», why?

«It is connected to the path of identity research - precisely, of revelation - that I have undertaken in this new artistic adventure. It will be a show full of surprises, thanks to the experiences and the baggage acquired with my TV shows, but bringing the music back to the center of everything. In Italy, then, for me it is a real thrill to travel from one end of the Peninsula to the other. With "Stasera Casamika" I invited everyone to party at my house, this time I'll go to my fans' house. Let's say I want to thank the Italians, who have always been very generous with me ».

Instead, he put his first name at the center of the album. Because?

"Some artists try their hand at an artistic alter ego, I did the opposite, I went to discover the man behind the artist. Twelve years between Mika and Michael Holbrook, I have now made peace with my identity. The only way I know how to live and express myself is to create music, write, perform. Without this, I do not exist. The new songs talk about very serious and personal themes, but offer music of great joy and color. At one point I said to myself: if life gives you a big challenge, raise the temperature, offer your heart, write melodies. I focused on the idea of becoming an adult without losing humanity, warmth, a sense of color and eccentricity. If in the live dimension I will be able to recreate my world and what I am, it will mean that I made the right choice. I have in mind an intense show, sometimes suffered, where the public will find a crazy energy but also a lot of intimacy. This is very important for me. "

Is the lineup focused on the songs on the new album?

"They are two hours in concert, so along with new songs like" Ice Cream "," Sanremo "and" Tomorrow ", there will also be hits from the past" Grace Kelly "," Stardust "," Relax (Take It Easy) " , "Happy Ending" and many others ".

The set is presented as "an art installation".

«I changed the set four times, knowing that it had to be different from the others made to date. I designed something very beautiful: it recalls an immense art installation because it has large illustrations and photos suspended in the air. The stage is all leaning towards the public, and launches me into an almost dreamlike and intimate dimension. Even the lights will be special, with a majestic layout. There will be a magical relationship between spectacular effects, music and audience. A performance without pre-built schemes or modulations, never equal to itself. It will be a true "one man show", an innovative live show ".

❞I wanted a stage all reaching out to the public: it is an immense artistic installation

❞ Some artists try their hand at an alter ego, I did the opposite, I went to discover the man behind the artist

CT_p1.thumb.png.0c7f9c6432e244ba56f898f3ad50524c.png

1890687473_CT_p1213.thumb.png.5943f724bbf4c3ffffb66b17a967a35a.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Corriere Torino

25 Nov 2019

https://torino.corriere.it/tempo-libero/19_novembre_25/mika-fedez-omofobo

Mika: «Fedez omofobo? Mai avuta questa impressione»

Il cantante, che apre il tour a Torino, interviene sulla polemica sollevata da Tiziano Ferro contro il rapper

«Fedez omofobo? Mai avuta questa impressione». Così Mika ha risposto ai giornalisti che, prima del concerto di apertura del tour italiano della pop star britannica a Torino, gli chiedevano della recente polemica fra il rapper e Tiziano Ferro. «Casus belli» il verso di una vecchia canzone di Fedez che fa riferimento al coming out di Ferro. Mika ha detto che nel periodo di X Factor non ha mai notato atteggiamenti omofobi da parte del collega italiano.

«Essere a proprio agio con la sessualità è qualcosa che succede per fasi - ha aggiunto Mika - Ogni persona ha le sue sfide e le sue paure. Con il tempo e l’amore si possono superare».

Spoiler

Mika: «Fedez homophobic? Never had this impression "

The singer, who opens the tour in Turin, speaks about the controversy raised by Tiziano Ferro against the rapper

"Fedez homophobic? Never had this impression ». So Mika replied to journalists who, before the opening concert of the Italian pop star's tour in Turin, asked him about the recent controversy between the rapper and Tiziano Ferro. "Casus belli" the verse of an old song by Fedez that refers to Ferro coming out. Mika said that in the X Factor period he never noticed homophobic attitudes from his Italian colleague.

"Being at ease with sexuality is something that happens step-by-step - added Mika - Every person has his or her challenges and fears. With time and love they can be overcome ".

Corriere-Web-Torino.thumb.jpg.4aca061c56ce97540c0c10661a100154.jpg

• Like 2

Corriere Torino

22 Nov 2019

https://torino.corriere.it/cultura/19_novembre_22/mika-live-torino-sara-pieno-energia-5dd86b04-0c8a-11ea-89cc-e514bdace0f8.shtml

l’intervista

Mika live a Torino: «Sarà un pieno di energia»

Più facile incontrarlo nelle Langhe che in città, dove non si esibiva dal 2016. Il cantante domenica 24 in concerto al PalaAlpitour:

«Mi sono concentrato sull’idea di diventare un adulto senza perdere umanità»
di Luca Castelli

Dopo un’indigestione francese di sold out, la coloratissima astronave di Mika atterra domenica sera al PalaAlpitour. L’occasione è ghiotta: un po’ perché si tratta del debutto assoluto in Italia del nuovo «Revelation Tour», in cui la popstar anglo-libanese presenterà le canzoni dell’album «My Name Is Michael Holbrook». Un po’ perché a Torino Mika non lo si vede mica così spesso: l’ultima volta che è passato nel palazzetto di piazza d’Armi indossava i panni di giudice alle audizioni di «X Factor», mentre per un concerto bisogna risalire agli esordi, ai tempi di «Grace Kelly». Più facile incontrarlo nelle Langhe, dove — amante del vino e dei luoghi in cui lo si produce — trascorre spesso il tempo libero a Santo Stefano Belbo e ha suonato l’ultimo concerto piemontese, nel 2016 al festival Collisioni.

Finalmente

«Torino, finalmente», dice Mika. «Non so perché sia passato tutto questo tempo, ma sono contento di tornare a cantare in città». Di solito i tour prendono il nome dal disco che promuovono. Questo invece se ne distacca e si chiama «Revelation», come mai? «Si collega al percorso di ricerca identitaria — appunto, di rivelazione — che ho intrapreso in questa nuova avventura artistica. Sarà uno show ricco di sorprese, forte delle esperienze e del bagaglio acquisito con i miei spettacoli televisivi, ma riportando la musica al centro di tutto. In Italia, poi, per me è una vera emozione viaggiare da un estremo all’altro della Penisola. Con “Stasera CasaMika” ho invitato tutti a fare festa a casa mia, stavolta sarò io ad andare a casa dei miei fan. Diciamo che voglio ringraziare gli italiani, da sempre molto generosi con me».

Dietro l’artista

Nell’album invece ha messo al centro il suo nome di battesimo. Perché? «Certi artisti si cimentano con un alter ego artistico, io ho fatto il contrario, sono andato a scoprire l’uomo dietro l’artista. Sono stato diviso dodici anni tra Mika e Michael Holbrook, adesso ho fatto pace con la mia identità. L’unico modo che conosco per vivere ed esprimermi è creare musica, scrivere, esibirmi. Senza questo, io non esisto. I nuovi brani parlano di temi molto seri e personali, ma offrono musica di grande gioia e colore. Ad un certo punto mi sono detto: se la vita ti lancia una grossa sfida, alza la temperatura, offri il tuo cuore, scrivi melodie. Mi sono concentrato sull’idea di diventare un adulto senza perdere umanità, calore, il senso dei colori e dell’eccentricità. Se nella dimensione live saprò ricreare il mio mondo e quello che sono, vorrà dire che ho fatto la scelta giusta. Ho in mente uno show intenso, a tratti sofferto, dove il pubblico troverà un’energia pazzesca ma anche tantissima intimità. Questo è molto importante per me».

Due ore di concerto

La scaletta è incentrata sulle canzoni del nuovo disco? «Sono due ore di concerto, quindi assieme a nuove canzoni come “Ice Cream”, “Sanremo” e “Tomorrow”, ci saranno anche le hit del passato “Grace Kelly”, “Stardust”, “Relax (Take It Easy)”, “Happy Ending” e molte altre». La scenografia viene presentata come «un’installazione d’arte». «Ho cambiato il set quattro volte, consapevole che doveva essere diverso dagli altri realizzati fino ad oggi. Ho disegnato qualcosa di molto bello: ricorda un’immensa installazione d’arte perché ha grandi illustrazioni e foto sospese nell’aria. Il palco è tutto proteso verso il pubblico, e mi lancia in una dimensione quasi onirica e intima. Anche le luci saranno particolari, con un impianto maestoso. Ci sarà una relazione magica tra effetti spettacolari, musica e pubblico. Una performance senza schemi o modulazioni precostruite, mai uguale a se stessa. Sarà un vero “one man show”, uno spettacolo live innovativo».

Spoiler

the interview

Mika live in Turin: «It will be full of energy»

Easier to meet him in the Langhe than in the city, where he hasn't performed since 2016. The singer on Sunday 24 in concert at the PalaAlpitour:
 "I focused on the idea of becoming an adult without losing humanity"
by Luca Castelli

After a French sold out indigestion, Mika's colorful spaceship lands Sunday evening at the PalaAlpitour. The occasion is greedy: a little because it is the absolute debut in Italy of the new «Revelation Tour», in which the Anglo-Lebanese pop star will present the songs from the album «My Name Is Michael Holbrook». A little because in Turin Mika is not seen so often: the last time he spent in the piazza in Piazza d'Armi he was wearing the clothes of a judge at the «X Factor» auditions, while for a concert it is necessary to go back to the beginning , at the time of «Grace Kelly». Easier to meet him in the Langhe, where - a lover of wine and the places where it is produced - he often spends his free time in Santo Stefano Belbo and played the last Piedmontese concert, in 2016 at the Collisioni festival.

Finally

"Turin, finally," says Mika. "I don't know why all this time has passed, but I'm happy to go back to singing in the city." Tours usually take their name from the record they promote. This instead detaches itself and is called «Revelation», why? «It is connected to the path of identity research - precisely, of revelation - that I have undertaken in this new artistic adventure. It will be a show full of surprises, thanks to the experiences and the baggage acquired with my TV shows, but bringing the music back to the center of everything. In Italy, then, for me it is a real thrill to travel from one end of the Peninsula to the other. With "Stasera CasaMika" I invited everyone to party at my house, this time I'll go to my fans' house. Let's say I want to thank the Italians, who have always been very generous with me ».

Behind the artist

Instead, he put his first name at the center of the album. Because? "Some artists try their hand at an artistic alter ego, I did the opposite, I went to discover the man behind the artist. Twelve years between Mika and Michael Holbrook, I have now made peace with my identity. The only way I know how to live and express myself is to create music, write, perform. Without this, I do not exist. The new songs talk about very serious and personal themes, but offer music of great joy and color. At one point I said to myself: if life gives you a big challenge, raise the temperature, offer your heart, write melodies. I focused on the idea of becoming an adult without losing humanity, warmth, a sense of color and eccentricity. If in the live dimension I will be able to recreate my world and what I am, it will mean that I made the right choice. I have in mind an intense show, sometimes suffered, where the public will find a crazy energy but also a lot of intimacy. This is very important for me. "

Two hours of concert

Is the lineup focused on the songs on the new album?
"They are two hours in concert, so along with new songs like" Ice Cream "," Sanremo "and" Tomorrow ", there will also be hits from the past" Grace Kelly "," Stardust "," Relax (Take It Easy) " , "Happy Ending" and many others ". The set is presented as "an art installation". «I changed the set four times, knowing that it had to be different from the others made to date. I designed something very beautiful: it recalls an immense art installation because it has large illustrations and photos suspended in the air. The stage is all leaning towards the public, and launches me into an almost dreamlike and intimate dimension. Even the lights will be special, with a majestic layout. There will be a magical relationship between spectacular effects, music and audience. A performance without pre-built schemes or modulations, never equal to itself. It will be a true "one man show", an innovative live show ".

• Like 2