Eurovision 2019

silver

The UK entry will be chosen on Friday 8th February.

The BBC are going in for a strange approach this year, there are only 3 songs to choose from, but each one is being performed by two different acts, so you choose not only the song, but the style in which it will be performed. :loco:

Which might be an OK approach if you were choosing from good songs to start with ......

You can hear them here, if you're interested https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0070hvg

Yay I loved Eurovision last year! I am looking forward to it this year aswell. I've heard all 6 songs from the UK and they are OK but not winning material! My favourites are Sweet Lies by Kerrie-Anne & Bigger Than Us by Holly Tandy. I am looking forward to watching the live performances on "You Decide" on Friday! Do you have a favourite of the 6 silver?

I love Eurovision but Turkey won't enter. Last years we were but not this year. The reason is so absurd, there is one guy, who entered last year, he wore a skirt and he cannot choose his gender so my lovely TV boss says this is so bad for children. Everybody wants but... anyway, good luck other countries! :yay:

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, Irem Aytepe said:

I love Eurovision but Turkey won't enter. Last years we were but not this year. The reason is so absurd, there is one guy, who entered last year, he wore a skirt and he cannot choose his gender so my lovely TV boss says this is so bad for children. Everybody wants but... anyway, good luck other countries! :yay:

This is really upsetting to hear that people still have these views in 2019! :angry:

I also found this article http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/turkey-to-return-eurovision-if-no-more-bearded-divas-135427

Which basically says what you have said and also said the TV boss doesn't like the 2014 winner Conchita Wurst for their appearance.

Edited by Gemz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gemz said:

This is really upsetting to hear that people still have these views in 2019! :angry:

I also found this article http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/turkey-to-return-eurovision-if-no-more-bearded-divas-135427

Which basically says what you have said and also said the TV boss doesn't like the 2014 winner Conchita Wurst for their appearance.

Yes, i was wrong about last year, it was 2014 

My country always like that, not as good as like other countries about brains. Annoying

Winners are good, "winner"

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Gemz said:

Yay I loved Eurovision last year! I am looking forward to it this year aswell. I've heard all 6 songs from the UK and they are OK but not winning material! My favourites are Sweet Lies by Kerrie-Anne & Bigger Than Us by Holly Tandy. I am looking forward to watching the live performances on "You Decide" on Friday! Do you have a favourite of the 6 silver?

I like Bigger Than Us by Holly Tandy too, but I don't think it has any chance of winning.

However, my record of picking the winning song is pretty poor :mf_rosetinted:, so what do I know.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, silver said:

Well, the UK entry has been chosen, it's Michael Rice's performance of the song I liked, Bigger Than Us.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06ysvkh

Can't see it doing much in the competition though  :dunno:

I didn't like this one:no:. I was hoping Kerrie-Anne would win but I wouldn't have been annoyed if Jordan won. It''s a dull cliche song and I agree I don't think it will do well, will probably be the same place as Storms from last year :doh:

On 2/16/2019 at 6:03 PM, Dominika said:

This group TULIA will represent Poland. Girls are singing folk covers of great hits. Don't know the song for the contest yet.

I think they have a great sound (but then i love folk music anyway), but a lot will depend on the song chosen

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently all the songs have been chosen now, so I've started listening to a few.

Iceland  :shocked:

France  :dunno:

Poland  :sad:  Was looking forward to this as I like Tulia's sound, but the song itself is pretty ordinary

20 hours ago, silver said:

Apparently all the songs have been chosen now, so I've started listening to a few.

Iceland  :shocked:

France  :dunno:

Poland  :sad:  Was looking forward to this as I like Tulia's sound, but the song itself is pretty ordinary

Our song is awful. We are getting worse and worse each time. Our good musicians don't want to participate. What a shame... :sad:

• 2 months later...

I think Italy will probably win, but Spain could do well.

Malta's entry is quite quirky, and I also like The Netherlands, Slovenia, and Romania.

I think the Swiss entry could surprise people too

• Like 3

The only thing I like about this year eurovision is the theme: DARE TO DREAM :biggrin2:

And I change my opinion about Czech Republic. They present themselves much better live than when I watched their video clip :wink2:

• Like 1