silver

2019 - Mika @ Shepherd's Bush Empire London, UK, 10 Nov

Recommended Posts

It's many months away, but you can chat about tickets, travel arrangements, hotels etc here.

 

Please RSVP here: 

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super excited for this! I haven't been to a Mika concert since 2012 and now he's playing 10 minutes away from where I live! 😊
If anyone is travelling to Shepherd's Bush and needs advice on where to stay or have a meal around the venue I'll be glad to provide recommendations.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there will be quite a few looking for hotels

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About places to stay, I can't recommend any particular hotels but the area between Hammersmith and Earl's Court is quite nice, close to the venue and there's lots of hotels there (both chain and upscale). Just my opinion though! :)

The venue is very close to both Shepherd's Bush Station (Central Line) and Shepherd's Bush Market Station (Hammersmith and City Line). The Hammersmith Station is also in walking distance (15-20 mins) and served by the Piccadilly Line, Hammersmith and City Line and District Line. You'll need to take into account that since it's on a Sunday (in the evening, I suppose) you won't be able to use the night tube if the show goes on until late, but Uber is always an option and there are also some night buses that stop nearby (the N207 for example goes into Central London). :)
 

Tfl map:

Spoiler

tube-map.gif




 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what are your predictions: how fast the tickets can be sold out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dominika said:

what are your predictions: how fast the tickets can be sold out?

 

:dunno:  There are a still a lot of UK Mika fans who don't post any more, but will want to go to the gig. Also for fans from the countries where he is not appearing, London is the easiest gig for them to get to.   I guess the best tickets will go in the pre-sale, but there should still be plenty available for the general sale.  Of course, if there is no publicity - as usual for the UK - it may not sell out anyway.

 

The last time he appeared in the UK, a lot of tickets went to ticket touts who wanted ridiculous amounts of money for them, but the ticket agencies have tightened up their rules since then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, silver said:

 

:dunno:  There are a still a lot of UK Mika fans who don't post any more, but will want to go to the gig. Also for fans from the countries where he is not appearing, London is the easiest gig for them to get to.   I guess the best tickets will go in the pre-sale, but there should still be plenty available for the general sale.  Of course, if there is no publicity - as usual for the UK - it may not sell out anyway.

 

The last time he appeared in the UK, a lot of tickets went to ticket touts who wanted ridiculous amounts of money for them, but the ticket agencies have tightened up their rules since then.

are there any sections with seats and different prices for them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dominika said:

are there any sections with seats and different prices for them?

 

No idea until they show the seating plan.  Usually there is a standing area in front of the stage (stalls) and unreserved seating in the balconies, but they could set it up to be all reserved seating if they wanted to.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, silver said:

 

No idea until they show the seating plan.  Usually there is a standing area in front of the stage (stalls) and unreserved seating in the balconies, but they could set it up to be all reserved seating if they wanted to. 

this is all new to me and so confusing  :hypo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Dominika said:

this is all new to me and so confusing  :hypo:

 

We're finding it confusing too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Were you thinking of coming to London, Dominika?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2019 at 6:00 PM, silver said:

It's many months away, but you can chat about tickets, travel arrangements, hotels etc here.

 

I'm ready to chat about it! A lot! Where should we start?  I know I'm not from the UK, but I haven't seen Mika for 3 years, there's no way I can wait until 2020 for IF he comes to the US. 

 

 

12 hours ago, McLovin said:

 

Not sure if you know McLovin, but pre-sales start this Wednesday at 9 a.m. BST -- you can get a code for the pre-sale, by pre-ordering the album from mikasounds.com

https://shop.virginemi.com/mika/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, silver said:

 

No idea until they show the seating plan.  Usually there is a standing area in front of the stage (stalls) and unreserved seating in the balconies, but they could set it up to be all reserved seating if they wanted to.

 

That's interesting. Numbered seats would be nice... but somehow I doubt it'll be seated, it looks like most concerts there are standing. :dunno:

 

Btw on the venue website there's info about O2 customers getting into a priority queue. I suppose it's only for O2 customers in the UK, but anyway also for those who can't use this option I wanted to mention it, so you're not disappointed if you're queueing for a frontrow place but get in only after the priority queue.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Not sure if you know McLovin, but pre-sales start this Wednesday at 9 a.m. BST -- you can get a code for the pre-sale, by pre-ordering the album from mikasounds.com

https://shop.virginemi.com/mika/

 

Thanks, I totally missed this! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mellody said:

 

That's interesting. Numbered seats would be nice... but somehow I doubt it'll be seated, it looks like most concerts there are standing. :dunno:

 

Btw on the venue website there's info about O2 customers getting into a priority queue. I suppose it's only for O2 customers in the UK, but anyway also for those who can't use this option I wanted to mention it, so you're not disappointed if you're queueing for a frontrow place but get in only after the priority queue.

 

Yes, O2 customers usually have a separate queue and go in first, if the gig is classed as an O2 Priority gig.  We had this on the last UK tour too (way back in 2009).

 

O2 customers can also buy tickets in the pre-sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope to be there with 2 friends ….just waiting to have the tickets to be sure!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, silver said:

Were you thinking of coming to London, Dominika?

Yes, I do. At least he'll be talking in English there. I'm just worrying about the tickets :emot-sad:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Charlizabeth said:

Do you think that there will be another UK concert?  I can't make the London one :sad:

 

It's highly unlikely, unless maybe he does a festival in 2020. 

 

It's possible he might fit in another gig as part of the tour, but again very unlikely (and it would still probably be in London).

  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There should be more concerts in UK

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like the stalls area will definitely be standing, tickets for this area seem to be £55 but once you add in all the booking fees, venue fee etc, the price is £64.90.

 

I don't know what price the seating in the balconies (Level 1 and Level 2) will be, or if you would be able to reserve seats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's official... I'VE GOT TICKETS!!!!! :excite:

 

I bought two standing tickets as none of the seated areas were available, don't know if anyone else had the same issue.  This will be my second Mika gig, and I am SO EXCITED!  Only 158 days to go... :woot_jump:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s impossibile for me to find any ticket.... I tried everything but it keeps saying this...

I don’t know what to do... It has been 40 minutes trying...😢

829D8295-062F-4966-B7DD-ADF6ADD37087.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Beatrixxx_always said:

It’s impossibile for me to find any ticket.... I tried everything but it keeps saying this...

I don’t know what to do... It has been 40 minutes trying...😢

829D8295-062F-4966-B7DD-ADF6ADD37087.png

 

Just keep trying - the site is getting less busy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now