2019 - Mika @ Shepherd's Bush Empire London, UK, 10 Nov

silver

On 10/15/2019 at 10:11 AM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Hi fans from London.

Do you know what can be the cost of taxi from Heathrow to Kensington? Is 20 GBP enough? I don't want to be surprised.

I used to take taxi in Southampton but  I don't know if the fees are similar.

Thanks

Not sure about cost of taxis because I never use them, precisely because they're too expensive. I have a feeling it would be way more than that... Easiest and cheapest way of getting into central London from Heathrow is getting on the Picadilly line. It goes directly to South Kensington station or if you need to get to Kensington Olympia just change to a Circle or District line somewhere. I can also recommend downloading the Citymapper app to everyone because it's a lot better at giving directions and tube routes than google maps. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mikaistheorigin said:

Not sure about cost of taxis because I never use them, precisely because they're too expensive. I have a feeling it would be way more than that... Easiest and cheapest way of getting into central London from Heathrow is getting on the Picadilly line. It goes directly to South Kensington station or if you need to get to Kensington Olympia just change to a Circle or District line somewhere. I can also recommend downloading the Citymapper app to everyone because it's a lot better at giving directions and tube routes than google maps. 

Thank you very much.

But I will come to London pretty late at night so I think I will take a taxi to get fast to my hotel which is next to the venue.

But Citymapper can be useful for Saturday 👍

1 hour ago, Sweetieval said:

I have no idea Anna.

But the man I have spoken to in my hotel told me the cost for a taxi between St Pancrace Station and Shepherd’s Bush was roughly 30-40 £ 

I guess it would be approximately the same from Heathrow or more. 

I don’t know when you arrive in London but maybe they apply a weekend price, also ?

He told me the tube was like 3,20 or 3,40 £ maybe that would be better for you ?

I will come to Heathrow about 10:30 pm. So I don't think I would like to travel on my own and finding my way at night 😒

@Anna Ko Kolkowska maybe this website helps: https://www.heathrow.com/transport-and-directions/taxis-and-minicabs 

There's also a train from Heathrow to Paddington, the Heathrow Express - and there might be direct buses as well that you can book in advance. Maybe it's easier for you to get around, or at least the cabs might be cheaper, if you are already in the city centre. I also would think a cab from Heathrow is rather 50-100£ than 20£.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mellody said:

@Anna Ko Kolkowska maybe this website helps: https://www.heathrow.com/transport-and-directions/taxis-and-minicabs 

There's also a train from Heathrow to Paddington, the Heathrow Express - and there might be direct buses as well that you can book in advance. Maybe it's easier for you to get around, or at least the cabs might be cheaper, if you are already in the city centre. I also would think a cab from Heathrow is rather 50-100£ than 20£.

If it was during the day  it wouldn't be a problem. I would take the tube and have fun visiting the city :lol3: 

I am checking different possibilities.

Some cab apps show 35-40 pounds.

But I wonder if I take the tube to Hammersmith Station and than I will order a taxi for 1 mile to my hotel it's about 15 pounds.

Or  (now I can see) I can change the line a continue. It would be even cheaper.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 1

hé, je ne suis pas très actif sur le MFC et je ne sais pas vraiment si c'est le bon endroit pour le poster, mais j'ai un billet pour le concert car mon ami ne peut pas venir, alors si quelqu'un le veut, faites-le-moi savoir. (Je le vends au prix d'origine)

Si vous souhaitez me contacter, voici mon adresse mail: mauderibourdouille@gmail.com

j'espère faire plaisir à quelqu'un avec ce billet 

Edited by Goodwood
want to sell a ticket for the concert
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Goodwood said:

hé, je ne suis pas très actif sur le MFC et je ne sais pas vraiment si c'est le bon endroit pour le poster, mais j'ai un billet pour le concert car mon ami ne peut pas venir, alors si quelqu'un le veut, faites-le-moi savoir. (Je le vends au prix d'origine)

Si vous souhaitez me contacter, voici mon adresse mail: mauderobourdouille@gmail.com

espère faire plaisir à quelqu'un avec ce billet 

Translation:

hey, I'm not really active on the MFC and I don't really know if it's the good place to post it but  I have a ticket for the concert because my friend can't finally come so if someone want it let me know ( I sell it at the original price )

If you want to contact me, this is my email adress : mauderobourdouille@gmail.com

hope to make someone happy with this ticket 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Goodwood said:

Si vous souhaitez me contacter, voici mon adresse mail: mauderobourdouille@gmail.com

espère faire plaisir à quelqu'un avec ce billet 

Je serais intéressée à l'acheter 😍

On 10/17/2019 at 7:03 AM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I think that the tube should be the best way. 

Unless my flight gets delay and I will be really really late at nigth at Heathow.

@Anna Ko Kolkowska Anna it costs A LOT more than £20 -- it's probably closer to £100 when you include tip. Plus, many cabs these days insist on cash, especially at night they won't take credit cards and say their card machine is broken. Very annoying.

Uber is a lot cheaper -- you can catch Uber in the parking garage across the street from the airport terminal. It's marked, but it's a little confusing. When I was there in July the pickup point was on the fourth floor, but you never know -- they may change it, so you'll need to check once you get there. You can ask an attendant who should be able to direct you.

Taking the Piccadilly line is the cheapest way and it's direct to Kensington. It is very easy unless you have a lot of luggage. Some of the tube stops have stairs, but no escalator or elevator (like Gloucester Road). Which tube stop are you going to? Also, if your flight is delayed and you take a while going through customs and passport control, you may be too late to take the tube -- they stop after midnight or so, I think. You can check this site: https://tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey/

Which day are you arriving? Maybe there are others who are arriving about the same time as you and you can all travel together?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

@Anna Ko Kolkowska Anna it costs A LOT more than £20 -- it's probably closer to £100 when you include tip. Plus, many cabs these days insist on cash, especially at night they won't take credit cards and say their card machine is broken. Very annoying.

Uber is a lot cheaper -- you can catch Uber in the parking garage across the street from the airport terminal. It's marked, but it's a little confusing. When I was there in July the pickup point was on the fourth floor, but you never know -- they may change it, so you'll need to check once you get there. You can ask an attendant who should be able to direct you.

Taking the Piccadilly line is the cheapest way and it's direct to Kensington. It is very easy unless you have a lot of luggage. Some of the tube stops have stairs, but no escalator or elevator (like Gloucester Road). Which tube stop are you going to? Also, if your flight is delayed and you take a while going through customs and passport control, you may be too late to take the tube -- they stop after midnight or so, I think. You can check this site: https://tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey/

Which day are you arriving? Maybe there are others who are arriving about the same time as you and you can all travel together?

Thank you Deb for your suggestions. 

I should arrive to Heathrow on Friday about 9:30 pm. On terminal 5 which is far from passport check. So I know it will take time to get to exist. I will have only a small luggage on wheels. I want to take Picadily line till Hammersmith. Then take another tube or walk or take a taxi. Depending how late it is. I booked a room at OYO Grantly hotel just next to the venue.

I used to take taxi 8n Southampton and for 15 pounds I was traveling for about 20 km. But it looks like London is much more expensive. Well Oyster card may be useful 😁

Two things:

1) Has anything been decided definitively about the fan action? It would be nice if we could do something, but as I read through this thread quickly just now it didn't seem that any one idea was decided on?

2) If you're planning to attend this gig, please be sure to RSVP here:

And if you're planning to attend the MFC gathering the DAY BEFORE the gig, please reply to the poll so I can have a more accurate count.

Also, if you replied to the poll before and you are now NOT coming to the party, can you please remove yourself? Again, I need a more accurate number of how many there will be. Thank you!

• Like 1

@dcdeb I think the fan action was supposed to be paper hearts lighted by phones for Tiny Love. But idk, I think someone said that at the private gig in Paris it didn't work well (with stars). Also there's nothing organized yet, apart from a few who said they'd bring paper hearts.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mellody said:

@dcdeb I think the fan action was supposed to be paper hearts lighted by phones for Tiny Love. But idk, I think someone said that at the private gig in Paris it didn't work well (with stars). Also there's nothing organized yet, apart from a few who said they'd bring paper hearts.

I think that paper hearts are OK. At La Cigale we had only about 20 hearts so maybe the effect was not so visible. The comment was from a person in the audience. I think the effect is better seen from the stage. And if we have 200-300 hearts or more  it will be much better.

I was very close to the stage and Mika saw my blue heart for sure. From a far many lighted hearts will be seen.

Anyway I will bring about 50 hearts to distribut on the level 1 balcony. I will bring a well some heart shaped red balloons. We will throw them from the balcony as well so people can play with them.

So if anybody else would like to bring paper hearts go ahead. It's cheap and after the show you can keep it as a momory or maybe Mika would sign them after the show (if he comes to us of course).

Here is a little instruction for hearts.

Take a block of color papers format A4. Don't use black or brown colors.

I used black just to show better on the photos.

Take a piece of A4 sheet. Fold it in four.

Cut two hearts at the same time. That's all.

Let us know who would like to create hearts.

image.thumb.png.fd171805926eaa2f007323a15682dbae.png

image.thumb.png.78f6e82b234da50cc44fe2db7620f34e.png

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 3

On 10/20/2019 at 2:23 PM, Goodwood said:

Si vous souhaitez me contacter, voici mon adresse mail: mauderibourdouille@gmail.com

j'espère faire plaisir à quelqu'un avec ce billet 

Hello! I am interested. Is it still available?

Edited by Chiara 83

On 10/22/2019 at 4:21 PM, mellody said:

On 10/22/2019 at 7:24 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I think that paper hearts are OK. At La Cigale we had only about 20 hearts so maybe the effect was not so visible. The comment was from a person in the audience. I think the effect is better seen from the stage. And if we have 200-300 hearts or more  it will be much better.

I was very close to the stage and Mika saw my blue heart for sure. From a far many lighted hearts will be seen.

Anyway I will bring about 50 hearts to distribut on the level 1 balcony. I will bring a well some heart shaped red balloons. We will throw them from the balcony as well so people can play with them.

So if anybody else would like to bring paper hearts go ahead. It's cheap and after the show you can keep it as a momory or maybe Mika would sign them after the show (if he comes to us of course).

I was in La Cigale but didn't noticed the hearts lighted at all 

Maybe because there was too much light in the front rows  ???

I did noticed the red balloons and the paper sheets saying "My name is ……" that imo was a very good idea ; but unfortunately there were not many people involved in it.

On the other hand  some days before in "Le trianon" the paper sheets saying "welcome back" at the very beginning had a big impact because there were many people involved

I think the simpliest it is ,the more chances you'll get to have people in ,especialy in a standing concert when you already have to cope with your clothes 

Maybe the hearts/light could be more visible if they are on the balcony and we could mix it with simplier stuff in the ground ?

I first got the idea of  "revelation" face painting but it's probably too difficult to organise ,so what about paper sheets with "revelation" to hold at the very beginning while Anna and co would light their hearts?

I know you'd like to do it during "tiny love" ,but I'm afraid that people would forget or loose the stuff ( I'm especially  talking for me in that case…..:naughty: ) as soon as they'll begin to enjoy the show

Edited by carafon

I agree @carafon that the most simple things can have the biggest effect. It was the same with the flags we had in London, it also was just A4 papers - and it was just MFCers who had them, but it was enough to create a wonderful effect, and Mika loved it.

I don't see a problem though with doing something for a certain song, like Tiny Love... maybe it's a good idea to do something different for the downstairs floor, where the light may be better, and for the balconies where it's dark.

In any case I agree that the face painting is too complicated to make a big fan action out of it.