2019 - Mika @ Shepherd's Bush Empire London, UK, 10 Nov

silver

Hello

Sorry no time to read or get involved on anything at the moment because my 3 children are on holidays, that is to say I am very busy until saturday 😉

Monday they will be back to school so I will read and see what I can do 😉

I still have 100 heart shaped red balloons home and will bring them to that gig 😉

Kisses from France MFCers 😘

• Like 2

On 10/28/2019 at 6:16 PM, mellody said:

@Emily2b About the paper planes, I saw on FB that some are planning to do that for Paris. I think it'd be cool for "Paloma", but as long as we don't know if he sings that, it doesn't make much sense to me. :dunno:

Besides, we want to keep it simple in London, as many of the long-time fans from the UK aren't keen on fan actions. Especially not on 3 different things for 3 different songs. That's why I think the paper hearts (maybe in combination with printed A4 sheets - btw I like your idea of writing "we've missed you" on them, it fits very well to an UK gig ;) ) are a good thing. They can be held up for Tiny Love, and whoever wants do do it again for other songs can do so, while those who don't enjoy fan actions can just leave it at that.

thats a good point! do you know if we will know the set list before hand?

7 minutes ago, Emily2b said:

thats a good point! do you know if we will know the set list before hand?

Only if Mika decides to post it on Instagram. :mf_rosetinted: If not, those in frontrow can maybe catch a glimpse on it 10 minutes before Mika comes on stage. :teehee:

• Haha 1

Also I was going to say are the hearts in paper or card? because in the video of the sun's people did a while back it looked like quite thick paper (I may be wrong). It looked like the thicker paper allowed people to hold up their phones right against it and it still lit up well, where as with thiner paper you have to be more precise with the distance your phone is away from it so it shows up the shape. I wondered it was something to consider? idk though so feel free to ignore me😂 

Also are the hearts going to be red because as the sun's were yellow, which is naturally a brighter colour, they stood out really well where as darker colours may struggle to be seen?

either way what ever is decided is gonna be amazing!! 

4 minutes ago, Emily2b said:

Also I was going to say are the hearts in paper or card? because in the video of the sun's people did a while back it looked like quite thick paper (I may be wrong). It looked like the thicker paper allowed people to hold up their phones right against it and it still lit up well, where as with thiner paper you have to be more precise with the distance your phone is away from it so it shows up the shape. I wondered it was something to consider? idk though so feel free to ignore me😂 

Also are the hearts going to be red because as the sun's were yellow, which is naturally a brighter colour, they stood out really well where as darker colours may struggle to be seen?

either way what ever is decided is gonna be amazing!! 

Rainbow colours. And yes, I understood it that way to use thicker paper, anyway that's what I have at home and am planning to use. Because, as you say, with thinner paper it doesn't work well.

16 minutes ago, mellody said:

Rainbow colours. And yes, I understood it that way to use thicker paper, anyway that's what I have at home and am planning to use. Because, as you say, with thinner paper it doesn't work well.

brill!! I'll see if i can make some and bring them along!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Thank you Mellody. Any contribution counts!!!! There are already 100 registered MFC members declaring to come to London.

If each of them brings 50 hearts it will make 5'000!!!!!!! :fangurl:

And we need "only" about 2'000 to give them to ALL  in the audience :lol3:

We can probably do some 💙💚💛

Have you seen that you can get heart shaped balloons with LED lights in them?

• Like 1

@Anna Ko Kolkowska I will do some paper hearts too, like minimum 100 - I have some mixed colored paper just need to buy some more ink

and maybe I will pm you next week if I don’t understand how to do it 😉

I am so bad at such « technical » things like this  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Sweetieval said:

Hello

Sorry no time to read or get involved on anything at the moment because my 3 children are on holidays, that is to say I am very busy until saturday 😉

Monday they will be back to school so I will read and see what I can do 😉

I still have 100 heart shaped red balloons home and will bring them to that gig 😉

Kisses from France MFCers 😘

8 hours ago, Vicki said:

We can probably do some 💙💚💛

Have you seen that you can get heart shaped balloons with LED lights in them?

If we get enough papers hearts to fill the venue it's maybe not necessary to add balloons ?

The tour is long enough to save some ideas and stuff for further gigs :wink2:

@Sweetieval good luck for the end of your "holidays" :mfr_lol:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, carafon said:

If we get enough papers hearts to fill the venue it's maybe not necessary to add balloons ?

The tour is long enough to save some ideas and stuff for further gigs :wink2:

@Sweetieval good luck for the end of your "holidays" :mfr_lol:

Yes that's a good point. I get to go to a couple more gigs (soooo excited!!!) We do need to save some ideas.

Maybe I will buy a pack of the light up balloons and see if they are any good, for possible future use.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sweetieval said:

@Anna Ko Kolkowska I will do some paper hearts too, like minimum 100 - I have some mixed colored paper just need to buy some more ink

and maybe I will pm you next week if I don’t understand how to do it 😉

I am so bad at such « technical » things like this  🤣

Hello Valerie. Great! Thank you for your help.❤️❤️❤️

But what do you need ink for? 

On 10/29/2019 at 8:08 AM, carafon said:

Well ,if English fans are not keen on actions during the show ,what about doing something at the exit ?

The tour is going to last some months so we can keep ideas for further shows (like Strasbourg that will be the last European one for example)

Maybe Anna's hearts would fit perfectly in the darkness and things could be explained during the pre show meeting party ?

I'm not that enthousiastic about the "we've missed you" ,in any case not for the whole crowd  because many fans will come from France and Italy …….and obviously we were lucky enough to have Mika by our sides many times   :blush-anim-cl:

Also because I don't see any connection to "Tiny Love" :dunno:

I don't know where anyone is getting the idea the UK fans aren't up for doing this kind of stuff. We are totally up for it. I did a message last time that stretched along the front row, with glitter letters.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, mellody said:

Yes. And if you want a message for Mika in addition, take a pen with you and write it on the heart. ;)

Okay cool, I can't find anywhere to buy coloured paper near where I live though- I have coloured plastic from sweet wrappers which works quite well but can't write on it

On 6/4/2019 at 12:16 PM, silver said:

Yes, O2 customers usually have a separate queue and go in first, if the gig is classed as an O2 Priority gig.  We had this on the last UK tour too (way back in 2009).

O2 customers can also buy tickets in the pre-sale.

I don't think it is an O2 priority gig. I'm with them, and it never came up on their listings.

On 10/28/2019 at 7:16 PM, mellody said:

Besides, we want to keep it simple in London, as many of the long-time fans from the UK aren't keen on fan actions. Especially not on 3 different things for 3 different songs. 

33 minutes ago, RAK1 said:

I don't know where anyone is getting the idea the UK fans aren't up for doing this kind of stuff. We are totally up for it. I did a message last time that stretched along the front row, with glitter letters.

@RAK1

Here is the answer to your question

I'm happy that the English fans are enjoying fans actions and you'll maybe can help us :

The most difficult thing for fan action is to involve the whole crowd and to explain it in a foreign language

So I planed to put the hearts I'll make into a paper sheet with an explanation

Someting like :

"These are hearts to hold during Tiny love . (If you don't know the song ,just follow the first rows)

If you want to be part ,please help yourself and pass the envelop to the person next to you"

Is it right and understandable ?

24 minutes ago, carafon said:

@RAK1

Here is the answer to your question

I'm happy that the English fans are enjoying fans actions and you'll maybe can help us :

The most difficult thing for fan action is to involve the whole crowd and to explain it in a foreign language

So I planed to put the hearts I'll make into a paper sheet with an explanation

Someting like :

"These are hearts to hold during Tiny love . (If you don't know the song ,just follow the first rows)

If you want to be part ,please help yourself and pass the envelop to the person next to you"

Is it right and understandable ?

We did something similar at one of the shows a while back, for a few songs, got about the 3 rows from the stage to join in, for Billy Brown, Happy Ending, and We Are Golden. I'd be happy to help explain what you need to do. 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RAK1 said:

There were some comments like that here on the thread, and we had the same discussion for the last London gig. I think everyone is ok with ONE fan action, but I can also understand if people don't want to have 10 different things for 10 different songs.

We said we could do a 2nd one, but to me it seems like everyone has different ideas, and the paper hearts is what got the most support here on the thread. If we can agree on a 2nd thing for another song, I don't mind. I'm just trying to channel things a bit, so we won't have 50 hearts and 50 balloons for Tiny Love, 20 blinking bracelets for whatever other song, 15 people with facepaint, and 50 A4 sheets with different messages for different songs - instead of one big thing that everyone can join in, because that has the biggest effect. ;)

@carafon I'd just write "please hold up for "Tiny Love"" on the hearts, if you write anything at all. The crowd is very international. We can split the hearts between MFCers at the meetup the day before, and/or in the queue. And when we give the hearts to others, we can just say for which song, then imo there's no need to write anything. If they don't know the song, they'll see it when the front rows hold up the hearts.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RAK1 said:

I don't think it is an O2 priority gig. I'm with them, and it never came up on their listings.

They definitely had a separate pre-sale for O2 customers

10 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Hello Valerie. Great! Thank you for your help.❤️❤️❤️

But what do you need ink for? 

I wanted to put them in my printer to get a perfect heart « shape » 😉 I am bad at drawing

But I am not sure I have got that kind of thin paper people were talking about and I don’t have time to read the thread properly and the manual to build it for the moment, unfortunately 🙄

I will pm you in case of problem while doing it next week 😉

@carafon thanks for your good wishes, I have actually 8 children home (cousins and friends), no time to rest 🙄

And I will take some heart balloons just in case... I brought them in Paris but they are still in their bag... closed 🤷🏼‍♀️ If I don’t use them, I will bring the bag to another gig 😉

IMO Mika is supposed to present his brand new album, and I pray 🙏🏻 for him to sing a lot of new songs and «  Paloma » among them

That paper planes ✈️  for « Paloma » was my idea for Paris in December,  I think MIKA would appreciate it a lot - if he sings this one of course

Which other song than « Paloma » would stick to planes ? « Tomorrow » ? I would rather see something with a car but can a car fly ? 🤔🤣

For « Tomorrow », I have got another very simple idea : why people would not bring one scarf each (or rather headband) and put it on their eyes like in the video clip for a while or rather their forehead ?

A white, elastic headband where we could write « tomorrow » in black and place it on our forehead ?

Black and white because he will see it better from the stage than red in the darkness 😉

I know these are maybe a lot of fan actions but if most of front fans do that, (a lot from MFC actually),  MIKA will enjoy it a lot for one of his first tour gigs (and that is light enough to carry in a suitcase or bag)

And no matter what people say or write, I will have my lightening bracelets on me, I have adopted them in La Cigale and will bring them now to every MIKA’s gig.

Providing we keep on being respectful in the crowd, people do exactly what they just want to do 😉 

Freedom ... of expression 😁

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sweetieval said:

I wanted to put them in my printer to get a perfect heart « shape » 😉 I am bad at drawing

But I am not sure I have got that kind of thin paper people were talking about and I don’t have time to read the thread properly and the manual to build it for the moment, unfortunately 🙄

I will pm you in case of problem while doing it next week 😉

I hope my instruction I pmed you will be useful :thumb_yello: