2019 - Mika @ Shepherd's Bush Empire London, UK, 10 Nov

silver

2 hours ago, mellody said:

A powerbank is a rechargeable battery you can use to charge your phone etc. on the way.

I thought it was about heart-shaped balloons, some wanted to bring those... :dunno:

As he insists on being called Mika, I won't call him Michael - but I get what you mean - before he did those interviews etc., I had also thought of a message like that.

I had my powerbank (thanks for explaining 👍🏻) on me in La Cigale but that was Paris... 🤷🏼‍♀️

And I plan to bring mine in Shepherd’s Bush Empire too 😉

I have got heart balloons and mixed coloured simple shape balloons... it was 1 € for 25 so I took 6 packs... they are little (9 inches)

Well, we could do heart balloons on Love Today

and coloured balloons on another song like Happy Ending like in the video clip ?

But this is a lot of ... balloons 😁

Mika said he did not want people to be coming to a « visual » show with popcorn any more 🤷🏼‍♀️, so don’t know what to think

Obviously, nobody is keen on doing something for « Tomorrow » like my scarf or headband idea with « Tomorrow » written on it ?

If you don’t mind @mellodyI am ready to print a lot of « We ‘ve missed you »

Shall I print it on white paper or coloured paper ? And how many ?

7 hours ago, Emily2b said:

is it worth us printing out a load of signs that say 'we've missed you' for everyone to hold up, like the hearts? we could hold them up at the very beginning of the show, i know I would be able to print off a load

I like this idea too 👍🏻

Because, for England, that’s true, Mika was not there a lot in the last few years 😉

And although I live in France, I never go to tv shows like The Voice or other...

I like him for his music 🎶 and HIS voice 😁

Don’t know what other people think ?

Some did not really like the idea I have read...

I still have a lot of coloured paper I could print...

I have to carry a big rolling trolley suitcase then 🤣🤣🤣

I also would wait to see what others think, before printing a lot of sheets. I can't bring any additional ones anyway in my hand luggage. :rolleyes: If we do it, I wouldn't do more than about 120 and give them only to MFCers. We could also write "MFC has missed you" (maybe with our web address in small print in a corner, so if there are press pictures of it, we might get some new members :teehee:) - that stands for all MFCers worldwide who are happy about the new album & tour. And it would fit to the yearbook, which we hopefully can get to him in London. :naughty: 

I'd prefer to hold it up right after the first song, when he talks for the first time, I think it gives a bigger effect than during the first song. And I'd just use black text on white paper, it's easier to read... and we'll have the colours for TL.

Just my opinion though. We shouldn't forget to enjoy Mika's new show, instead of planning too much. The balloons and heart confetti are mostly to throw from the balconies, I think.

10 hours ago, Emily2b said:

is it worth us printing out a load of signs that say 'we've missed you' for everyone to hold up, like the hearts? we could hold them up at the very beginning of the show, i know I would be able to print off a load

I think this is a great idea. I think for Mika to look out on a sea of signs all saying "We've missed you", on the opening song, of the opening gig of his European tour, would be incredibly moving for him. Being in London where his career began, but knowing full well what an amazingly international audience he is playing to, would make it all the more poignant and symbolic. We already know what it means to him that people travel to his gigs. I love this idea.

However, the list of "stuff" we are going to have to try to get into the venue is becoming a little daunting??!! 2000 sheets of paper is quite a stack. Though I guess if everyone going to the party on Saturday takes some plus a few more of us, it's only 20 sheets each?? Wish I was going to meet you guys on Saturday. Sorry. But I could come and say hello when I get up to London early afternoon, if you are queuing then. Before we go to check into our hotel and find some food. 

Were you thinking that these signs would have an instruction on the back like "Please hold up during the first song" ?

There was talk of putting a simple instruction on the back of the hearts, are we still doing that?

• Like 1

I also would wait to see what others think, before printing a lot of sheets. I can't bring any additional ones anyway in my hand luggage. :rolleyes: If we do it, I wouldn't do more than about 120 and give them only to MFCers. We could also write "MFC has missed you" (maybe with our web address in small print in a corner, so if there are press pictures of it, we might get some new members :teehee:) - that stands for all MFCers worldwide who are happy about the new album & tour. And it would fit to the yearbook, which we hopefully can get to him in London. :naughty: 

I'd prefer to hold it up right after the first song, when he talks for the first time, I think it gives a bigger effect than during the first song. And I'd just use black text on white paper, it's easier to read... and we'll have the colours for TL.

Just my opinion though. We shouldn't forget to enjoy Mika's new show, instead of planning too much. The balloons and heart confetti are mostly to throw from the balconies, I think.

Or we could keep it to "We've missed you", print as many as people manage to print, hand them out to whoever would like to hold them up, and print the MFC website on the back. The hearts could also have MFC on the back. It makes it look more official. Could we get some more members from that maybe??

Though I like the idea of representing the international fan base too.

I also think you are right that we should not forget to enjoy the show that Mika has prepared for us, it's kinda what we have paid to see  😂

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sweetieval said:

Hello

Nice job with the hearts girl 👍🏻

I will try to finish my hearts thursday or friday 😉

I have bought multiple coloured balloons that I will bring ... don’t know if it is useful and for which song ? 🤔

For any other action, still could not read so ... I have no idea 🤷🏼‍♀️ sorry...

Don’t know for the powerbank... actually I don’t know what it is...? And can’t find any translation 🤔

Powerbank veut dire batterie externe.

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1

Well no, I wouldn't print anything about MFC on it, just to make it look "official". It's not an "official" thing by MFC. That idea was just referring to actually doing something MFC-related, but it's a difference if we give it to the whole crowd.

Surely you can print short introductions on the back. Personally I'd prefer not to carry much more inside with me than the hearts I've made and the other stuff I'll use. Remember, we're only allowed small handbags. So maybe we can just give out the signs to the queue outside, so everyone who is there when the doors open gets one? If you decide to stay outside after the doors open, you can distribute even more sheets along the queue.

Fingers crossed you get to give him the yearbook :crossed:

2 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Fingers crossed you get to give him the yearbook :crossed:

Thanks. Though I'll be happy if I can get it to him at all, I don't think I'll actually get the chance to "give" it to him in person.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mellody said:

I wasn't too much for the "missing" sheets before I saw his instagram video yesterday 

But I changed my mind now and I think it could be funny to have something connected with that , as I suppose he will remember the video

As for the organisation ,I wonder if it wouldn't be easier to have a big banner on the first row instead of many sheets ?

Or would it be possible to have the action at the end when he's waving  and to try to give the yearbook at the same time ?

As it seems that the" hearts action" is going to be successfull , I don't think that we need  another action during the show .

I had a look at a website where people left comments about the venue and many said that there was not much space to move when it's full .....and I guess it's gonna be full :thumb_yello:

Also we have to keep ideas for the next gigs too…... :wink2:

• Like 2

I think it would be really nice to print out and hold up sheets with 'we've missed you' on them, just in plain black and white. I think it would be nice to be able to give them to everybody, like the hearts and we can write on the back the fan club website. We can also then hand them out in the queue when we do the hearts. I like the idea as well of holding them up after the first song 

We will then have two main fan actions which I don't think is too much. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mellody said:

@carafon I won't take the yearbook inside, if I can avoid it. Don't want it to get damaged.

Ok , I didn't understand that way :facepalm:

Thought you can't bring too many stuff in the venue because you'll already have the book with you ….🙄

Edited by carafon

22 minutes ago, carafon said:

Ok , I didn't understand that way :facepalm:

Thought you can't bring too many stuff in the venue because you'll already have the book with you ….🙄

That's true for my hand luggage on my flight. :naughty:

Hi

So many new comments : I will read it completely later on

But I like the idea from @mellody like « MFC has missed you » very much 👍🏻

After all, we are part of fans following Mika since his beginning and being an MFCer shows how much we love him 😉, although all his fans from everywhere love him, as well  😉

Edited by Sweetieval

15 hours ago, mellody said:

I like the idea of showing it just after the first song, very much, MIKA will be moved, for sure 👍🏻

And black writing on white paper : yes

Mikafanclub.com in the corner, too 👍🏻

48 minutes ago, Emily2b said:

are they going to be just for MFCers? bc if so i think its a shame that everyone cant get involved, plus it will look more incredible with as many people as possible holding them up

Well, I don’t think so, I think everybody could get involved (volunteers at least 😉)

Well, I have read quickly and maybe misunderstood what Mellody wanted to

explain.

Personnally, I am against that kind of « gentle battle »  between old fans/new fans being MFCer or any other website/ not being suscribing on any website at all 😉

Being french or italian and luckier than the rest of the world 🤣 etc

Being a fan before The Voice or X Factor, or after... etc

Well, we should decide together but I guess that most of standing MFCers will be in first rows, as usual, so, indeed : most of people holding the message would probably be MFCers 😉 or other websites dedicated to Mika 

I don’t mind at all printing it and bringing for everybody 😉

For instance a big french band in France in June in a big stadium in Lille (name : Indochine), where first rows have passed balloons and messages to rows behind and that worked perfectly 👍🏻

Just hope we will be able to bring a plastic or shopping bag with sheets of paper and hearts in it, I think I will avoid backbag for obvious safety reasons 🙄 

and just in case we could not give it in the queue 🤷🏼‍♀️

Well - don’t know, really used to gigs in France but only my second one in England 🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited by Sweetieval
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Sweetieval said:

Well, I don’t think so, I think everybody could get involved (volunteers at least 😉)

Well, I have read quickly and maybe misunderstood what Mellody wanted to

explain.

Personnally, I am against that kind of « gentle battle »  between old fans/new fans being MFCer or any other website/ not being suscribing on any website at all 😉

Being french or italian and luckier than the rest of the world 🤣 etc

Being a fan before The Voice or X Factor, or after... etc

Well, we should decide together but I guess that most of standing MFCers will be in first rows, as usual, so, indeed : most of people holding the message would probably be MFCers 😉 or other websites dedicated to Mika 

I don’t mind at all printing it and bringing for everybody 😉

For instance a big french band in France in June in a big stadium in Lille (name : Indochine), where first rows have passed balloons and messages to rows behind and that worked perfectly 👍🏻

Just hope we will be able to bring a plastic or shopping bag with sheets of paper and hearts in it, I think I will avoid backbag for obvious safety reasons 🙄 

and just in case we could not give it in the queue 🤷🏼‍♀️

Well - don’t know, really used to gigs in France but only my second one in England 🤷🏼‍♀️

brilliant! totally agree!

I'll print as many 'we've missed you' signs as I can tomorrow and hopefully we can get a decent amount of them for everyone to hold up! 

again hopefully we can give them out when we do the hearts so its less trouble when we actually get in there😊

• Like 3

Yes, please just forget what I wrote about suggestions re. MFC, I think it caused more confusion than it did help - just "we've missed you" and short instructions on the back, no MFC reference. End of or after the first song - just please not FOR the first song, we'll be too busy watching, cheering, being excited, taking photos, etc. when the gig starts. ;) Just print as many as you want, and we'll see who wants to have one. :)

• Like 3