2019 - Mika @ Shepherd's Bush Empire London, UK, 10 Nov

silver

7 hours ago, mellody said:

Yes, please just forget what I wrote about suggestions re. MFC, I think it caused more confusion than it did help - just "we've missed you" and short instructions on the back, no MFC reference. End of or after the first song - just please not FOR the first song, we'll be too busy watching, cheering, being excited, taking photos, etc. when the gig starts. ;) Just print as many as you want, and we'll see who wants to have one. :)

Ok so we just write « We ‘ve missed you »

???

Nevertheless Karin, I think I understood what you wanted to tell 😉 and I agree with you  too 👍🏻

For something especially related to MFC, we should do something like a picture with « MFC has missed you here », or  « MFC has missed your gigs » or just « MFC has missed you »

one paper in each hand or on a big white streamer on a group picture ??

What do you think about it ?

I maybe have an old sheet or curtain I could paint 😉

Instruction: "please hold up right after the first song"

...if that's ok for you?

@Sweetieval not sure we're allowed to bring a big banner inside. If you paint one, maybe just the MFC logo, then we can reuse it at other gigs (esp. if it's not allowed in London). :dunno:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sweetieval said:

Ok so we just write « We ‘ve missed you »

???

Nevertheless Karin, I think I understood what you wanted to tell 😉 and I agree with you  too 👍🏻

For something especially related to MFC, we should do something like a picture with « MFC has missed you here », or  « MFC has missed your gigs » or just « MFC has missed you »

one paper in each hand or on a big white streamer on a group picture ??

What do you think about it ?

I maybe have an old sheet or curtain I could paint 😉

2 minutes ago, mellody said:

Instruction: "please hold up right after the first song"

...if that's ok for you?

@Sweetieval not sure we're allowed to bring a big banner inside. If you paint one, maybe just the MFC logo, then we can reuse it at other gigs (esp. if it's not allowed in London). :dunno:

Because the shorter it is on sheets the more readable it will be and longer message will be more visible on a biger stuff ,imo a big banner with a MFC message and sheets with "missed you"  for as many people as possible is the best option

So if I understand correctly the plans are the "missed" message after the first song and the hearts for "Tiny love" ?????

I just don't want to create a mess or confuse everyone but ……….🤔………..what if "Tiny love " is the first song ?😱

Are we supposed to hold the hearts at the beginning and "missed" you at the end of the song ? 

Or another option ?

• Like 1

I don't think TL will be the first song, it's too "special" for starting the show with it.

But IF it's the case, then yes, what you said. We can't change instructions once the show has started.

• Like 2

I wish everybody going to London a wonderful concert,  and evening,  with MIKA on Sunday! :fisch::wub: Hope the start of the European tour will be as great at the NA was! 

Look forward to read your reports! :blush-anim-cl:  Enjoy!! 😍

Love, love

me

• Like 8

Hey peeps! 

Finally off work for the show 😂 (only me to take 10 days off to see Mika) 

i am am coming from up in Luton and drive to Burnt Oak and finally take the tube down, if anyone needs a ride in between let me know. Going early down to London as I need to sort some things out ☺️ 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, carafon said:

So if I understand correctly the plans are the "missed" message after the first song and the hearts for "Tiny love" ?????

I just don't want to create a mess or confuse everyone but ……….🤔………..what if "Tiny love " is the first song ?😱

Are we supposed to hold the hearts at the beginning and "missed" you at the end of the song ? 

Or another option ?

Well I don't think that TL will be the first.

But if... The hearts will be during the song and banners/sheets at the end of the song. Or rather AFTER the first song.

But really really I am sure it's not a case. :bleh:

• Haha 1

All right

Big banner is more visible but maybe not allowed 🤷🏼‍♀️

So sheets of paper with « We’ve missed you »

And behind « please hold up just AFTER the first song »

@Emily2b so we print it in black on white paper in capital letters in large size in the middle of the sheet?  And behind in the middle of the sheet in standard size characters in the middle of the sheet ?

So far, he has never started with Tiny Love but I thought about it like @carafon, I must admit 🤣

Hearts in progress here : I have cut 200 in orange and dark pink, still have to do the reds and yellows

I think I will have minimum 500 😉

I will see if I can paint something tomorrow but not sure because my husband is on holidays at the moment and always staring strangely at me 🤣 He is quite jealous of my love for Mika but does not criticize anything this time : so strange 🤔🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Sweetieval
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sweetieval said:

All right

Big banner is more visible but maybe not allowed 🤷🏼‍♀️

So sheets of paper with « We’ve missed you »

And behind « please hold up just AFTER the first song »

@Emily2b so we print it in black on white paper in capital letters in large size in the middle of the sheet?  And behind in the middle of the sheet in standard size characters in the middle of the sheet ?

So far, he has never started with Tiny Love but I thought about it like @carafon, I must admit 🤣

Hearts in progress here : I have cut 200 in orange and dark pink, still have to do the reds and yellows

I think I will have minimum 500 😉

I will see if I can paint something tomorrow but not sure because my husband is on holidays at the moment and always staring strangely at me 🤣 He is quite jealous of my love for Mika but does not criticize anything this time : so strange 🤔🤣🤣🤣

that sounds like a good plan! i was going to put the instructions in the top left or right hand corner incase you can see them on the other side if that makes sense😂

and heart wise im on 480 at the moment so we should have enough for the whole venue with everyone's combined!!!

is anybody else able to print off signs?

• Thanks 1

Wow great @Emily2b 480 ! Congratulations 👍🏻 Only 260 so far 😅

Here is what I have tried for the message on my Ipad

Arial Rounded MT Bold

138 points 

and behind, Arial bold 16 points

Tell me MFCers what you think about it 😉

before I print them, thanks

13AC0D0F-37CE-4373-90E1-3F2F709067D3.jpeg

8FDFB0A9-9F99-44DE-8E78-1575B6BAD249.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sweetieval said:

Arial Rounded MT Bold

138 points 

what about adding "if you got a  heart it is for tiny love" ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sweetieval said:

Wow girls!

So we'll have enough hearts for the whole venue I think.

I counted 1'000 from me and other fans.

So now with your @Sweetieval and @Emily2b it makes 1'740. And I think it is not the end 😁😁😁😁

Thank you for the bottom of my head for your dedication ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Sweetieval said:

Arial Rounded MT Bold

138 points 

Is it "just after" or "right after" the first song? Or doesn't it make a difference? Maybe a native english speaker can help?

The front page is fine, but I think it's also no problem to use different fonts and designs, it was the same for "Welcome back" in Paris, and it looked good anyway.

2 hours ago, carafon said:

No, I wouldn't mix the 2, it's too confusing. I'd rather take pens in the queue and write "Tiny Love" (or even: "please hold up for Tiny Love and light the heart with your phone") on the hearts.

7 hours ago, Emily2b said:

that sounds like a good plan! i was going to put the instructions in the top left or right hand corner incase you can see them on the other side if that makes sense😂

and heart wise im on 480 at the moment so we should have enough for the whole venue with everyone's combined!!!

is anybody else able to print off signs?

If I have space in my bag after packing all the other stuff, I'll print some. But I also need to take some stuff for the MFC party decorations, so idk if it works. I'll see tonight.

And yes, of course you can also put the instructions in the corner, to avoid them shining through. Good idea! (though I'd use the bottom corner, not top...)

1 hour ago, carafon said:

Yes thanks Carafon, it sounds good 👌🏻 

I would rather write, then :

« Instructions :

-  Please hold up this message just after the first song

- If you ve hot a heart, enlighten it with your phone during Tiny Love

Many thanks ! »

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sweetieval said:

Yes thanks Carafon, it sounds good 👌🏻 

I would rather write, then :

« Instructions :

-  Please hold up this message just after the first song

- If you ve hot a heart, enlighten it with your phone during Tiny Love

Many thanks ! »

"If you've got a heart" doesn't make sense, everyone has one beating in their chest.  :naughty: "Paper heart", if at all. I still think we shouldn't mix it. Also I think it's not "enlighten", but "light" or "illuminate"... :dunno:

In any case before printing the instructions, please wait for a native English speaker to give their ok, to be sure it makes sense. @silver ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, mellody said:

Is it "just after" or "right after" the first song? Or doesn't it make a difference? Maybe a native english speaker can help?

I think it's no problem to use different fonts and designs, it was the same for "Welcome back" in Paris, and it looked good anyway.

No, I wouldn't mix the 2, it's too confusing. I'd rather take pens in the queue and write "Tiny Love" (or even: "please hold up for Tiny Love and light the heart with your phone") on the hearts.

If I have space in my bag after packing all the other stuff, I'll print some. But I also need to take some stuff for the MFC party decorations, so idk if it works. I'll see tonight.

And yes, of course you can also put the instructions in the corner, to avoid them shining through. Good idea!

Don’t worry, everybody will understand when they will see the first rows holding white papers 😉

And do we forget that heart balloons or not ? He is going to sing « Origin of Love », I think I will pass my 100 around me in the crowd ... Last time in Paris, he crushed the balloons he has managed to catch 🤣 maybe he is fed up with that ?

@mellody

I had the same thought, reading « If you ve got a heart » 🤣

So I am going to write instead

»if you have been given a paper heart, light it up with your phone during Tiny Love »

The sentence looks perfect IMO

And yes my translator is absolutely silly with english, I use it sometimes to be quicker but the english I have got in my brain is a far better 🤣

You know, being working with many foreigners for 25 years, I can ensure that a UK native person would nevet tell you « You are wrong, you have made a mistake in that sentence »

A french would say « I don’t know, my english is bad and and I don’t care »

And I could tell you a lot about german, people but I won’t because you would hate me, after that 😅😁

Sorry for that little slide 🤣🤣

but we keep on staying different and it is just starting to change with people migrations 😉

Edited by Sweetieval
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Sweetieval said:

You know, being working with many foreigners for 25 years, I can ensure that a UK native person would nevet tell you « You are wrong, you have made a mistake »

True, they won't tell you, but just laugh behind your back - which, personally, I find much worse.

But of course you're right that us Germans also often overdo it with accuracy. A bit of it can't hurt though. That's one reason why I love the international fandom on MFC - it's hard to plan things with all those cultural differences, but in the end the best parts of all our cultures come together to create something amazing. :wub2:

• Like 3

You have just sumed it up perfectly 👌🏻 at the end the most important is to share good moments 😉

One of my very old friend is german and she lives in München. When we were younger, we used to go on holidays together by a spanish friend. That was a mix of spanish, german and french people coming from an Erasmus program. They were really good holidays,  but her brother and her were completely lost sometimes and would not laugh or even understand our jokes 🤷🏼‍♀️

I was already laughing with that a lot too 😉 

But il helps also learning from each other, a lot👌🏻👍🏻

For instance, some friends of mine at school did not have authorization from their parents to learn german or speak to german people because of those sillies old wars 🤷🏼‍♀️ Fortunately, mentalities have evolved and changed 👍🏻 

And I understand german so be careful if you speak behind my back 🤣🤣🤣... kidding, again 😉

Edited by Sweetieval
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Sweetieval said:

Arial Rounded MT Bold

138 points 

that looks brill!! 

3 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Wow girls!

So we'll have enough hearts for the whole venue I think.

I counted 1'000 from me and other fans.

So now with your @Sweetieval and @Emily2b it makes 1'740. And I think it is not the end 😁😁😁😁

Thank you for the bottom of my head for your dedication ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

its gonna look amazing!! and i cant believe we have all made so many!!!

how are we organising giving out the signs and the hearts? are we brining them to the meet up saturday and give them all to one person?

• Haha 1

I think I am going to bring papers and hearts at the party because it is too heavy to carry to the gig all day long in a backbag which is probably prohibited.

If most of MFCers could help, that would be stunning 👍🏻

I will write a message on the MFC meeting thread to get most of people a little bit more involved 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sweetieval said:

A french would say « I don’t know, my english is bad and and I don’t care »

I don't understand what you mean ……….🤔:mfr_lol::mfr_lol:

2 hours ago, mellody said:

"If you've got a heart" doesn't make sense, everyone has one beating in their chest.  :naughty: "

:facepalm:

Let's say that everyone has to hold a heart tho …...:naughty:

Edited by carafon
  • Haha 1