2019 - Mika @ Shepherd's Bush Empire London, UK, 10 Nov

silver

6 minutes ago, Sweetieval said:

I think I am going to bring papers and hearts at the party because it is too heavy to carry to the gig all day long in a backbag which is probably prohibited.

If most of MFCers could help, that would be stunning 👍🏻

I will write a message on the MFC meeting thread to get most of people a little bit more involved 😉

sounds like a good plan!

• Like 1

@carafon that is exactly that 😉 and I am a fan of DeFunès 👍🏻 Thanks 🤣

You know, I keep my french accent when speaking to english customers because - and I really don’t understand why- they find it « very sexy » 🤭🤭😆😆

My director wanted us to be speaking perfectly with « Oxford » accent but, as we are staying in France (not travelling on ferries but in the port of Calais), I have proved him people were really happy when you mix up both languages 😉 especially men 🤭😁 like « Bonjour Mister Jones », « have a nice day, au revoir », they look at you with such greedy eyes 🤷🏼‍♀️😆

So, the director told me : do what you want Valérie 🤦🏼‍♂️

But, revenons à nos moutons 😆

I have posted a message to get some help to dostribute everything with MFCers coming to the party 😉

• Haha 2

@Emily2b Hey I have just remembered that english is your mother tongue

Does that message for instructions sounds good ?

And I prefer putting it behind, Mika won’t notice it from the stage and we can write it in normal size, not to tiny like 12 pts

How many could you print Emily ? 

I think I can print like 250

I have to start the printing job now because I have a lot of stuff to do before leaving home for 4 days 🙄

63B7EF48-181E-40BD-953F-D26EB396CCF0.jpeg

Some of the « we’ve missed you » will be grey or black and white (like 20 maybe) because my ink cartridge is reaching the end, I finish it completely before changing it 😉

It gives a nice effect, though

D4C02B04-2D99-4F16-B10D-F8E5B42CAD06.jpeg

Edited by Sweetieval
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Emily2b said:

how are we organising giving out the signs and the hearts? are we brining them to the meet up saturday and give them all to one person?

Yes, I think we can distribute hearts and sheets at our meeting. Idn - maybe 50 items per person. And then these persons can distribute them to people around them in the venue.

It will make a sort of "islands" with hearts or sheets.But the main "island" for sheets should be in the front rows. 

What do you think?

• Like 2

I do agree with you @Anna Ko Kolkowska

Being standing, I will keep some with me to give away 😉

@Emily2b I have to change my plans because my second black ink cartridge is becoming empty : I have printed maybe roughly 130 sheets of paper so far

Edited by Sweetieval
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sweetieval said:

@Emily2b Hey I have just remembered that english is your mother tongue

Does that message for instructions sounds good ?

And I prefer putting it behind, Mika won’t notice it from the stage and we can write it in normal size, not to tiny like 12 pts

How many could you print Emily ? 

I think I can print like 250

I have to start the printing job now because I have a lot of stuff to do before leaving home for 4 days 🙄

63B7EF48-181E-40BD-953F-D26EB396CCF0.jpeg

Some of the « we’ve missed you » will be grey or black and white (like 20 maybe) because my ink cartridge is reaching the end, I finish it completely before changing it 😉

It gives a nice effect, though

D4C02B04-2D99-4F16-B10D-F8E5B42CAD06.jpeg

31 minutes ago, Sweetieval said:

I do agree with you @Anna Ko Kolkowska

Being standing, I will keep some with me to give away 😉

@Emily2b I have to change my plans because my second black ink cartridge is becoming empty : I have printed maybe roughly 130 sheets of paper so far

no worries! I'm going to try and do 250 but i'll see how my printer holds up! i might do some in different colours too as im not sure how much black ink i have left and i seem to have thousands of coloured cartridges that need using up. Hopefully if we can get some others printing some we will have enough!

the instructions sound good but i would maybe change it slightly to 'please hold this up this sheet after the first song has finished. If you have been given a paper heart, use the torch on your phone to light it up from behind and hold it up as soon as Tiny Love starts. Thanks!' 

if u have already printed them with the other instructions that should be fine though!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Yes, I think we can distribute hearts and sheets at our meeting. Idn - maybe 50 items per person. And then these persons can distribute them to people around them in the venue.

It will make a sort of "islands" with hearts or sheets.But the main "island" for sheets should be in the front rows. 

What do you think?

that would be brill!

• Like 1

@Emily2b

Well, indeed,  I have already printed it as I was in a  hurry 🤷🏼‍♀️

and IMO the shortest it is, the most understandable it is

However, your message is fine too and I am not against a mix of colours at all 👍🏻

... I even suggested using different paper colors but most of people have opted for « black on white » message 

Well, just do it as you feel it and everything is going to be fine 👍🏻😉

• Like 2

Unfortunately I can't help , because I've got no more paper after we did the "welcome back" messages in " Le trianon" and the decision was too late to be able to make it at work (cause I'd need to be alone ……..) :wink2:

• Haha 1

No worries @carafon 😉

Unfortunately no @Treasa, although I wish I was there already because my husband has only woken up today and got angry about me about my trip to London 🙄 (Mister is jealous 🙄 : I have to take a lot of pictures to prove I am with women or gay men 🤣)

I had read Rak1 had written a message last time about having a drink tonight, maybe is she available ?

Edited by Sweetieval
  • Haha 1

Hi, you asked for a British fans take on the wording for the messages on the hearts and "We've missed you" signs. The following is how I had thought of wording it, if that is any help.

If you wish to write either, "just" after the first song or "right" after the first song, both mean the same in this context and will be understood perfectly. You all have awesome abilities with the English language. 

My friend and I plan to do a few hearts and missed you signs Tomorrow.

I would just like to wish everybody a very happy weekend. Those of us lucky enough to be going to London, may I wish you all safe and easy journeys and an incredibly fun time at Mika's concert. 

Please hold up this heart

and back light with your phone

during the song "Tiny Love".

Thank you.

Please hold up "We've Missed You"

at the end of the first song.

Thank you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Super 👌🏻 @mellody thanks

@Emily2b magical 👍🏻👍🏻 You are a war machine 👍🏻😁

I notice you are so motivated after your first gig last month : that is excellent, thanks a lot for your help 🙏🏻

It must be because of « Mikaïne » 🤭😁 be careful, we become immediately addicted 😆

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sweetieval said:

Super 👌🏻 @mellody thanks

@Emily2b magical 👍🏻👍🏻 You are a war machine 👍🏻😁

I notice you are so motivated after your first gig last month : that is excellent, thanks a lot for your help 🙏🏻

It must be because of « Mikaïne » 🤭😁 be careful, we become immediately addicted 😆

😂😂 that gig was incredible and definitely motivating to do all this stuff!!

and i think i've just reached that stage😂😂

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Emily2b said:

😂😂 that gig was incredible and definitely motivating to do all this stuff!!

and i think i've just reached that stage😂😂

You know I was in the same mood between my 2 first gigs and brought a lot of stuff to the second one 😉

Yes Mika is giving so much to his audience that you can only get caught by him IMO

The only one who is not moved by any Mika’s show is.... my husband... 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Girls. You are fantastic! We will have an ocean of hearts ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

We will! This was not about the hearts though but about the "We've missed you" sheets. ;) I have 50 hearts and 30 sheets. This morning I thought I might have to throw something out due to my suitcase being overweight (8kg really isn't much! :aah:) but I decided to throw out some extra clothing instead. Which might've been a mistake, my friends who are in London already said it's freezing cold there. :aah:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, mellody said:

We will! This was not about the hearts though but about the "We've missed you" sheets. ;) I have 50 hearts and 30 sheets. This morning I thought I might have to throw something out due to my suitcase being overweight (8kg really isn't much! :aah:) but I decided to throw out some extra clothing instead. Which might've been a mistake, my friends who are in London already said it's freezing cold there. :aah:

Ah, ok. But anyway our fan actions will be noticed for sure 😁😁😁😁😁

I have as well only a small cabin luggage. And as well I removed some clothes 😁 I have a warm winter jacket so it should be ok. For the moment my mobile shows only 2 degrees. (I am in London already) I will go outside soon so I will find out if my decision was right 😆

Have a nice flight.

See you soon!

• Like 3

I wish I could be in London today but it was not possible this time. I hope you have a great time at the meet :partytime2: and have a blast tomorrow at the gig.:woot_jump: Enjoy every minute every second Of Mika and his fantastic music!!  See you on Tuesday with some of you!  :huglove:

• Like 3

Hello from cold rainy London 😉

@mellody hope you still have warm clothes because it’s quite cold, the rain has just started a few minutes ago 🙄

@Anna Ko Kolkowska incredible the number of hearts that we will reach 👌🏻👍🏻😁

also from people from Facebook’ s group it sounds good 👍🏻

@Mikasister thanks Alba for your good wishes 👍🏻

Just like you, I wish I could be in Barcelona in 2 days, I would have the chance maybe to have a longer chat with you because my husband is not with me this time  (not like in Madrid in 2015 🙄)

But he is so angry that I have escaped for 4 days to see Mika 🙄

Well, I don’t care, life is short and life is right now 😁

I have already met 3 kind italian girls in front of the venue, they will be at the party tonight.

Have a nice weekend MFCers 👍🏻

• Like 3

Rain is forecast for the rest of the day (you should be safely at the meet-up while it is heaviest), but Sunday should be dry.  Cold for queuing, though, if any of you are intending to do that.

• Like 2