Jump to content

2019 - Mika @ Shepherd's Bush Empire London, UK, 10 Nov


silver

Recommended Posts

As another idea, since London is always the most international gig from the fans who attend, maybe we could do sth with that again. The paper flags we once had was something Mika loved really a lot, he even mentioned it in an interview. It's boring to do the same again, but maybe we can think of something else that emphasizes the international crowd - especially seeing that probably Brexit will have happened by then - but without forgetting those from the UK who attend, after all it's "their" gig, and their only one too.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mellody said:

As another idea, since London is always the most international gig from the fans who attend, maybe we could do sth with that again. The paper flags we once had was something Mika loved really a lot, he even mentioned it in an interview. It's boring to do the same again, but maybe we can think of something else that emphasizes the international crowd - especially seeing that probably Brexit will have happened by then - but without forgetting those from the UK who attend, after all it's "their" gig, and their only one too.

 

 

I can see we have started our brainstorm today. Grea!. I have a creative head today too :excite:

Yes, flags are nice. I thought as well about paper airplanes. And we can put our flag colours on them as well. UK flags too of course  :uk:

I am just throwing ideas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, mellody said:

As another idea, since London is always the most international gig from the fans who attend, maybe we could do sth with that again. The paper flags we once had was something Mika loved really a lot, he even mentioned it in an interview. It's boring to do the same again, but maybe we can think of something else that emphasizes the international crowd - especially seeing that probably Brexit will have happened by then - but without forgetting those from the UK who attend, after all it's "their" gig, and their only one too.

Maybe a head band with the country name ?

So mixing with the face painting it could be "german revelation" for example ?

I remember that he liked the flag ideas but it was in a seated configuration and the second time won't be as surprising as the first

I had a look on people coments about the venue ,it seems that there's not a lot of space ,so having extra stuff in hands may be difficult to cope with

I also think that it's worth to explore all the "revelation" ideas as it will be the first gig ,the one where he will revel the show

If he comes back in London (and I'm sure he will) then it would be an other Opportunity to explore the "international" ideas  

 

 

Edited by carafon
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Another LED lights idea: synthetic hear with LED light changing colours.

We could put it on our heads but as well on our clothes. It looks like the light in is the pin and hear is made of light fiber transfering the colour.

 

image.thumb.png.fabc9c6104868108a779418e7d6a962e.png

 

Ooh, I love these! :mf_lustslow: Thanks! Definitely getting some of these, for whichever gig. :teehee:

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is another idea to become visible in the dark.

Adhesive reflecting tape used for cars and motocycles.

It's cheap, you can cut it to create letters (ex. MIKA) or just stick it as reflecting strips on your clothes.

 

If you stick it on black paper you can write "REVELATION" - one letter on one sheet of paper.

They are in white, red, blue, yellow. 1,5 cm (white is only 1 cm) large, 3m long.

 

 

image.png.63b9c469d11e9a89738d5e36537c1738.png

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey, this will be both mine and my boyfriends first Mika show. He’s been a fan for a long time and missed the London Palladium show, I’ve just started being a fan. We’re travelling from Bournemouth and was just curious where everyone else is travelling from? ❤️

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Hannah Todd said:

Hey, this will be both mine and my boyfriends first Mika show. He’s been a fan for a long time and missed the London Palladium show, I’ve just started being a fan. We’re travelling from Bournemouth and was just curious where everyone else is travelling from? ❤️

 

  People are coming from all over the world - the London gigs always have a big international presence

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Samphire67 said:

Totally gutted to have missed the sale of tickets. Does anyone know if extra UK dates will be added or where I can purchase x2 London tickets. I refuse to pay over £1000 as seen on ticket resale site :(

 

We've not heard about any additional UK dates, but keep checking here.

 

As for London tickets, well, there may be some available if people find they can't go.  This is a good thread to check:

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Hannah Todd said:

Hey, this will be both mine and my boyfriends first Mika show. He’s been a fan for a long time and missed the London Palladium show, I’ve just started being a fan. We’re travelling from Bournemouth and was just curious where everyone else is travelling from? ❤️

 

Hi and welcome! :welcomeani:  I'll be coming from the US!

 

 

 

2 hours ago, Samphire67 said:

Totally gutted to have missed the sale of tickets. Does anyone know if extra UK dates will be added or where I can purchase x2 London tickets. I refuse to pay over £1000 as seen on ticket resale site :(

 

Mika has hinted that there may be more dates, as Silver said, just keep checking here and if we hear anything we'll be posting about it.

 

As for spare tickets, I'm sure as the date gets closer people's plans will change or they'll find they can't go, so do check the link Silver shared. Some people (like myself) may even have bought extra tickets that they'll be selling eventually. I only have one extra at the moment, and I'm not ready to sell it just yet, as I may have a friend coming, just not sure.

 

Also, we often get tickets from Mika's management to give away here. That won't be until much closer to the gig (they're very last-minute), but keep your eyes peeled!

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For people thinking up fan actions, please be aware that you are only allowed to take a small bag into this venue, so it can't be anything that's large or needs a lot of props.  Probably something you can wear would be best.

 

Also something that lights up would work well (unless the house lights are up, someone on the stage can't see clearly much further back than three of four rows).  I liked the bracelet idea - maybe something along those lines?

 

Or we could go back to flashing hearts :naughty:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, silver said:

 

Or we could go back to flashing hearts :naughty:

 

I like that idea, with Mika returning to music and starting his tour in London, it's sort of "back to the roots", so the Flashing hearts would fit well to that! :lol:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mellody said:

 

I like that idea, with Mika returning to music and starting his tour in London, it's sort of "back to the roots", so the Flashing hearts would fit well to that! :lol:

 

Nice idea too !

especialy if it's possible to pin it on clothes

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, the problem might be to still get these exact ones. There was a thread about it back in 2007, we even got a MFC discount for them at an online store, but they don't have them anymore. :sad: 

I'll see if I can find them anywhere online, maybe ebay has some? There's a small pic of Mika wearing one in that thread, guess where? At Shepherd's Bush! :lol: The other old pix I was looking for are gone, I'll look later on my PC if I can find any in my own photos.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, mellody said:

Well, the problem might be to still get these exact ones. There was a thread about it back in 2007, we even got a MFC discount for them at an online store, but they don't have them anymore. :sad: 

I'll see if I can find them anywhere online, maybe ebay has some? There's a small pic of Mika wearing one in that thread, guess where? At Shepherd's Bush! :lol: The other old pix I was looking for are gone, I'll look later on my PC if I can find any in my own photos.

 

 

Ah, it looks very nice!!!! Maybe there is something similar somewhere?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

 

 

Ah, it looks very nice!!!! Maybe there is something similar somewhere?

 

Here's a pic of the 2 hearts I have - I don't remember which one was the "original" (probably the one on the left, as it's a bit damaged on the back, I suppose that's why I bought the other one), but I think either is fine, they're pretty similar.20190625_212758.jpg

 

I found them in a German shop, but apparently international shipping is only on request: https://www.magic-pyramid.de/led-blinkies/leucht-halsketten/led-glitter-blinkherz-50mm-mit-band-blau-rot/a-5909/ ... maybe you can search in your own language for flashing heart and see what the google picture search comes up with.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, carafon said:

 

These are very different though, I have one of them at home as well. They have a slow blinking, which looks red, due to the red plastic around the light. I found the ones I mentioned on this French site: http://db.magicfluo.com/nav.php?lan=fr&com=2&mg=000001&sg=100020&an=060-130 - though there doesn't seem to be a possibility to order them there, but they have a video that shows the blinking. It almost "glitters", because the lights move.

 

I'm sure I could order a couple for other MFCers on the German website, if we decide to do this. Anyway these particular hearts are something that should be exclusive to MFCers, not like for example those finger lights for the whole venue. So it'd be less, but it'd be rather like a message to Mika: 12 years, and MFC is still here with you. :bleh:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, mellody said:

 

These are very different though, I have one of them at home as well. They have a slow blinking, which looks red, due to the red plastic around the light. I found the ones I mentioned on this French site: http://db.magicfluo.com/nav.php?lan=fr&com=2&mg=000001&sg=100020&an=060-130 - though there doesn't seem to be a possibility to order them there, but they have a video that shows the blinking. It almost "glitters", because the lights move.

 

I'm sure I could order a couple for other MFCers on the German website, if we decide to do this. Anyway these particular hearts are something that should be exclusive to MFCers, not like for example those finger lights for the whole venue. So it'd be less, but it'd be rather like a message to Mika: 12 years, and MFC is still here with you. :bleh:

this is a really cool idea!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, dcdeb said:

 

Hi and welcome! :welcomeani:  I'll be coming from the US!

 

 

 

 

Mika has hinted that there may be more dates, as Silver said, just keep checking here and if we hear anything we'll be posting about it.

 

As for spare tickets, I'm sure as the date gets closer people's plans will change or they'll find they can't go, so do check the link Silver shared. Some people (like myself) may even have bought extra tickets that they'll be selling eventually. I only have one extra at the moment, and I'm not ready to sell it just yet, as I may have a friend coming, just not sure.

 

Also, we often get tickets from Mika's management to give away here. That won't be until much closer to the gig (they're very last-minute), but keep your eyes peeled!

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/25/2019 at 7:39 AM, Hannah Todd said:

Hey, this will be both mine and my boyfriends first Mika show. He’s been a fan for a long time and missed the London Palladium show, I’ve just started being a fan. We’re travelling from Bournemouth and was just curious where everyone else is travelling from? ❤️

I'm coming from Cornwall, I missed the show at the palladium last time too cause of uni, so this will be my first mika show too 😁🥰

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Privacy Policy