2019 - Mika @ Shepherd's Bush Empire London, UK, 10 Nov

silver

Hi everyone 

I know this is not the right place to find an extra ticket but please 🙏🏻  I need your help to find one for this gig 🙏🏻

Because I need to book my trip (from France) rather early and maybe an hotel 😉

I quote what I have just written in the extra ticket thread

« I am looking for a ticket for London gig’s November 10th

Please please I need your help 🙏🏻

Although I am not writing much on MFC, I have been following Mika in many gigs since 2008 😉

Well, as I can not be on MFC everyday, you can try to pm or rather send me an email to valbon59@free.fr

I am also on Facebook, type Sweetieval to find me 😉

Many thanks in advance 👍🏻

I was not supposed to take days off for that gig and travel there from France but I need some Mikaïne so much 🙏🏻« 

Thanks if you can help me 😉👍🏻

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2019 at 10:47 AM, Sweetieval said:

Hi everyone 

I know this is not the right place to find an extra ticket but please 🙏🏻  I need your help to find one for this gig 🙏🏻

Because I need to book my trip (from France) rather early and maybe an hotel 😉

I quote what I have just written in the extra ticket thread

« I am looking for a ticket for London gig’s November 10th

Please please I need your help 🙏🏻

Although I am not writing much on MFC, I have been following Mika in many gigs since 2008 😉

Well, as I can not be on MFC everyday, you can try to pm or rather send me an email to valbon59@free.fr

I am also on Facebook, type Sweetieval to find me 😉

Many thanks in advance 👍🏻

I was not supposed to take days off for that gig and travel there from France but I need some Mikaïne so much 🙏🏻« 

Thanks if you can help me 😉👍🏻

Hi english MFCers and all MFCers who are going,

I am in 😉

Got a ticket, I am arranging trip to London and looking for a hotel not far... Which one most of you are going to if I may ask ?

----------------------------

To Mellody ad all other people interested : you have written Brexit will have happened in November, it is possible but don't worry, you are german, just bring your Ausweis and that's it -

Being working for a ferry company and dealing with passports, we just fear people are being blocked on the roads by french customs (especially truck drivers carrying goods) but by plane, there is no problem for regular tourist passengers.  It will become more difficult to travel to England for non european countries, needing a visa again.  Or even some eastern european countries entered into  recently 🤔 but nothing is written , nowhere yet)

But, up to nw, we have zéro information about Brexit and we are the first concerned 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Thanks @Sweetieval. Happy for you that you got a ticket! :)

See, that's the problem about Brexit, no one knows anything. There is an agreement for airlines in case of No Deal, so I suppose that should be ok. But who knows what British customs decides to do, there may be long queues at the airport, and if they can't handle it, flights might get cancelled. But I hope for the best. So far, still no one knows whether Brexit will happen until then or not, and in what way. Everything is possible. 😅

I think everyone is staying at different places. If you go on the map search on booking.com you'll find several hotels down the road, from cheap to expensive, we'll be staying at one of these. But I heard others are staying in the city centre, so I don't think there's one hotel where most are staying.

Thanks for your answer Mellody :thumb_yello:I will find an hotel, probably not far from the venue. And I plan to go back home on the tuesday, anyway, to enjoy London, a bit.

Anyway, I wish I could meet as many as MFCers possible :wink2:

I now have to read the whole topic  to see what is planned for that gig but, I am in for everything, anyway.

I saw Sabine is coming too, and what about Graciosa ? Isn't she travelling to see Mika any more ?

So happy to get some MikaÏne, I have been waiting too long :woot_jump::woot_jump:

Concerning Brexit, they don't even know themselves properly about it, so it is going to be a big surprise.

I have a lot of English colleagues living in France and working onboard the ferry between Calais and Dover and it is going to be hard for them. They must have a resident card here in France but can get it only if they live here for 5 years miimum, otherwise they have to move back to England.

Would anyone of MFC get a discount on Calais-Dover-Calais ferry ticket (like 20 % minimum or 25 sometimes) to go to England by car, just send me a PM and I will send you a special link with all détails :wink2:

• Like 1

@Sweetieval Haha maybe I'll need that ferry discount if my flight gets cancelled. :lmfao::doh:

Graciosa was at one of the NA gigs, and she will be at others, but not in London. Also I don't think Sabine will be in London, at least not that I know of. I'll be there with @mariposa and @Statue_of_Liberty.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Sweetieval said:

Thanks for your answer Mellody :thumb_yello:I will find an hotel, probably not far from the venue. And I plan to go back home on the tuesday, anyway, to enjoy London, a bit.

Anyway, I wish I could meet as many as MFCers possible :wink2:

I now have to read the whole topic  to see what is planned for that gig but, I am in for everything, anyway.

I saw Sabine is coming too, and what about Graciosa ? Isn't she travelling to see Mika any more ?

So happy to get some MikaÏne, I have been waiting too long :woot_jump::woot_jump:

Concerning Brexit, they don't even know themselves properly about it, so it is going to be a big surprise.

I have a lot of English colleagues living in France and working onboard the ferry between Calais and Dover and it is going to be hard for them. They must have a resident card here in France but can get it only if they live here for 5 years miimum, otherwise they have to move back to England.

Would anyone of MFC get a discount on Calais-Dover-Calais ferry ticket (like 20 % minimum or 25 sometimes) to go to England by car, just send me a PM and I will send you a special link with all détails :wink2:

I saw Graciosa just last week in Montreal! So she is definitely on the road for Mika! :)  Not sure if she's planning on London, though.

And it's very kind of you to offer the ferry discount!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I saw Graciosa just last week in Montreal! So she is definitely on the road for Mika! :)  Not sure if she's planning on London, though.

And it's very kind of you to offer the ferry discount!

Thanks for your comment Deb 👍🏻

Oh well, happy that Graciosa had the chance to go to New York, then... 👍🏻

I wish I could see her one day in Europe 😉

And, yes, if somebody needs a ferry discount, if I can help, I will do it 😉

Even not especially for a Mika ´s show...

On 9/25/2019 at 9:59 AM, mellody said:

@Sweetieval Haha maybe I'll need that ferry discount if my flight gets cancelled. :lmfao::doh:

Graciosa was at one of the NA gigs, and she will be at others, but not in London. Also I don't think Sabine will be in London, at least not that I know of. I'll be there with @mariposa and @Statue_of_Liberty.

Mellody : do not hesitate if you need a hand 😉 but I hope your trip will be ok

I have booked the OYO hotel near the venue 😉

19 hours ago, silver said:

@dcdebforgot to say she needs your opinions on costs/venue for the pre-show meet-up

Silver : thanks for re-quoting this topic, I would love join MFCers before or/and after the gig, of course 👍🏻

• Like 1

Has anyone been to the venue before or knows what there bag policy is? On the website it says small handbag or bags smaller than a laptop bag. But I'm confused as to what they mean by laptop sized bag as I have 2 of those and one is massive the other quite small.

On 10/5/2019 at 4:36 PM, tgwktm said:

Has anyone been to the venue before or knows what there bag policy is? On the website it says small handbag or bags smaller than a laptop bag. But I'm confused as to what they mean by laptop sized bag as I have 2 of those and one is massive the other quite small.

First time over there for me, no idea, sorry 😉

I had an idea for the song « Paloma » which I truely love 💕 

It is not easy to build birds, also 

I was thinking that we could maybe built some paper colored planes and send it to him when he sings « fly against the wind 🌬, even with a broken wing 🕊 «  and write FLY PALOMA on each wing 😉 or draw a bird but I am so bad at drawing 🤦🏼‍♀️

What do you -fans- think about it ??

For « Tomorrow », we are thinking of that stars lighted up with our phones when he sings « kiss me under the light of a thousand stars ️ « 

We will try it in La Cigale in Paris on tuesday 😉 but we are just a few MFCers I guess ... and we don’t know if there will be standing places or not. The venue looks like a tiny theater.

I will let you know if we have done it and what is the feedback 😉

• Like 3

On 10/5/2019 at 3:36 PM, tgwktm said:

They mean small

12 hours ago, Sweetieval said:

First time over there for me, no idea, sorry 😉

I had an idea for the song « Paloma » which I truely love 💕 

It is not easy to build birds, also 

I was thinking that we could maybe built some paper colored planes and send it to him when he sings « fly against the wind 🌬, even with a broken wing 🕊 «  and write FLY PALOMA on each wing 😉 or draw a bird but I am so bad at drawing 🤦🏼‍♀️

What do you -fans- think about it ??

For « Tomorrow », we are thinking of that stars lighted up with our phones when he sings « kiss me under the light of a thousand stars ️ « 

We will try it in La Cigale in Paris on tuesday 😉 but we are just a few MFCers I guess ... and we don’t know if there will be standing places or not. The venue looks like a tiny theater.

I will let you know if we have done it and what is the feedback 😉

I thought we had agreed on just 1 fan action during 1 song - we don't need to keep doing things, Mika is supposed to be entertaining us, not the other way round

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I also thought it was set that we only do the paper hearts for Tiny Love, that we light up with our phones. Of course we can also use heart balloons or other heart-shaped items, in addition to the paper hearts, if someone prefers that. And I'm sure there'll be a bunch of fans wearing glowing or blinking bracelets for the gig, or other glowing items, but that's an individual decision and not for a certain song. I think I'll wear my glowing heart from 2007, if I don't forget to take it.

But it really gets too much, doing organized fan actions for more than 1 or 2 songs. And I wouldn't count on any other new songs than the ones he did in the US, although of course I hope for it... in any case I think it's too early to plan something for "Paloma", we should wait for the setlist of the Revelation tour first. Mika said the London gig will be much like the NA ones.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mellody said:

I also thought it was set that we only do the paper hearts for Tiny Love, that we light up with our phones. Of course we can also use heart balloons or other heart-shaped items, in addition to the paper hearts, if someone prefers that. And I'm sure there'll be a bunch of fans wearing glowing or blinking bracelets for the gig, or other glowing items, but that's an individual decision and not for a certain song. I think I'll wear my glowing heart from 2007, if I don't forget to take it.

But it really gets too much, doing organized fan actions for more than 1 or 2 songs. And I wouldn't count on any other new songs than the ones he did in the US, although of course I hope for it... in any case I think it's too early to plan something for "Paloma", we should wait for the setlist of the Revelation tour first. Mika said the London gig will be much like the NA ones.

I agree with you Mellody. We should organise a general action for one song (Tiny Love) and concentrate on it. Paper hearts are easy and cheap so we can dispatch them before the gig. Maybe inside to our neighbors to make this glowing effect. And some other small things fans will prepare anyway I think. 

• Like 1

do we get to know the setlist before hand then?

but i agree i think sticking to 1 or 2 fan actions will be better as we can enjoy it more!

if we do end up doing 2 though i think the paper aeroplanes @Sweetieval suggested would be an awesome one to go with, as they are super easy to make and they look so effective thrown at once! and he seemed to love them when fans have done it before! Even if he isn't singing Paloma, they would be cool to throw at the end of the show when his bowing with his band!

• Like 2

Well... don’t know 

In Paris he was happy with fans holding their white papers written « My name is ... /////// »

I hadn’t had one : I was holging another one drawn « Tiny Love, Huge Step » ... I will show it to you if I manage to take a picture tomorrow 😉

From the 4th row, the paper heart lighted with phones were not that shiny I have to say 🤷🏼‍♀️ ... 😉

• Like 1

On 10/11/2019 at 10:21 AM, Anna Paula said:

anyone has tickets left? I just need one :( :tears:

Hi! 

I have a ticket if you are still looking as my mum cant make it any more 😓

So excited to go! Always wanted to see him in London. Recently joined here again used to be xxmika_maddo_joxx but haven't been on in years!! Fan since '07 😁 excited to see everyone there! 

• Like 2

On 10/15/2019 at 11:11 AM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Hi fans from London.

Do you know what can be the cost of taxi from Heathrow to Kensington? Is 20 GBP enough? I don't want to be surprised.

I used to take taxi in Southampton but  I don't know if the fees are similar.

Thanks

I have no idea Anna.

But the man I have spoken to in my hotel told me the cost for a taxi between St Pancrace Station and Shepherd’s Bush was roughly 30-40 £ 

I guess it would be approximately the same from Heathrow or more. 

I don’t know when you arrive in London but maybe they apply a weekend price, also ?

He told me the tube was like 3,20 or 3,40 £ maybe that would be better for you ?

Edited by Sweetieval
  • Like 1