Your Mika's Revelation

Ysara 22

Hello everyone :bye:

Since Mika recently announced his tour, called "Revelation Tour", I propose to explain how Mika was a "revelation" for you. You can also associate your story with a photo, an image representing the "revelation".

I'm going to start ... I listened for the first time to a song by Mika on the radio, on vacation in the south of France (a few years ago). It was "Elle Me Dit".
When I listened to it, I said to myself "yes, it's not bad, who is this artist?" Then I started looking for his name on the Internet and I listened to some titles. Over time, I listened and listened, every day. I bought his first album and, at that moment, Mika was a revelation for me ! I realized that I loved his songs, all his songs :wub2: So I started collecting objects (and others), to "copy his style" (including his pearl necklaces, which I often put).
Today, I have a beautiful collection and I met Mika on November 18, 2018 at "The Voice", during the first auditions in the blind. He signed his first album for me (I knew when I bought it that it would be signed someday) :swoon:

50701351_313789505941637_8654154748798655186_n_002.thumb.jpg.02101aa4ee4dfe30e15fcc561c6a4032.jpg

• Like 1

I kind of have a few moments.

I first heard mika way back in 2007 in my final year of primary school. We had this awesome music teacher who encouraged us to bring in CDs to put on for the whole class to listen to. Some boy in my class brought in licm and played lollipop and that was my first introduction to mika. I loved the song and others that I heard at the time.

There was then a gap of around 4/5 years where I forgot about him. Then in 2010, in my GCSE ICT class we had to design a concert promotion for an assessment. We could do if on any artist we wanted but were told that it would be easier for us if we chose someone who's music was already downloaded onto the school's shared documents. Well, my IT teacher must have been a fan cause LICM was on there. Suddenly mika all came flooding back to me so I did my project on him. After, I then brought LICM and TBWKTM and haven't stopped since!

I had a moment where my love of mika took over somewhat as well more recently. I was on a uni geography field trip in California. We were driving down a mountain pass and it became a bit of a tradition that someone would bring some music to play in the car. My lecturer decided it was her turn to choose and she put on  grace Kelly, lollipop and my interpretation. Everyone sang along to the first 2 cause they are more well known I guess, but with my interpretation, I was the only one to sing it (apart from the really high note near the end 😂). Now this is not normally something I do. I don't like to draw any unnecessary attention to myself usually. Basically mika caused me to sing a solo in front of several of my class mates and not feel nervous. Weird but such a cool moment.

• Like 1