2020 Mika @ Utrecht, NETHERLANDS, 13 Feb

silver

On 12/21/2019 at 3:12 PM, ~Wicky~ said:

It might be the same Charlotte... There's no further info on Tivoli's website, so I just went googling on Charlotte. It might as well be the Charlotte who was also the support act in Belgium (there has been a French singer as the support act before; Yelle).

It really isnt. Check their Instagram pages. Ours is called iamcharlotte and the other one is instadecharlotte

21 minutes ago, claquesuus said:

Hey everyone! 

So, fan-action update! (I wasn't sure where else to post this, but if anyone has a thread where things will be more visible, let me know!) Me and a few others had the idea to get a few hundred small rainbow flags and wave these around during a song yet to be determined. (Maybe We Are Golden, but that one seems to be so late in the set and I'm an impatient person by nature and also there are more gay songs? We'll Debate)

Anyway! The idea is to get these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rainbow-Polyester-Hanging-Festival-Decorations/dp/B07TLSJDXT/ref=sr_1_14?keywords=small%2Bpride%2Bflag&qid=1577051775&refinements=p_76%3A419158031&rnid=419157031&rps=1&sr=8-14&th=1 and hand them out to people near-ish to the stage. We want to get 500 of them, as right now this would equal to be around 4 pounds per person (we're currently with 10). If anyone else feels like joining in, though, please do! Let me know! If more people join in, we could possibly get more than 500. I was going to order them in early January. 

Also, I tend to forget to check on here, so shoot me a message on twitter (@jibjaneen) if you wanna join in to be sure I see it!

Very excited for this! 

Messages can also go to moi if you prefer MFC somehow 😆. I'll pass them on and i will remember to check here from time to time 😋

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2020 at 7:58 PM, Güldane said:

hello everybody,

I am very interested by this gig but I am alone and don't have tickets 😄 so if there is someone who has an extra ticket for a friend and that this friend can't come, I am availabale 😅

Hey! There are two other dates in Utrecht as well in the same week that are not sold out, I think!

3 hours ago, claquesuus said:

Hey! There are two other dates in Utrecht as well in the same week that are not sold out, I think!

Maybe she's already going to the first 2 gigs and wouldn't mind a 3rd one. :teehee: Or only has time for the 3rd date.

In fact I had been considering this gig, as it's probably the small show in Utrecht and Thursday is the only one of the 3 I could possibly do... but as it's sold out and it'd be complicated for me to organize, I'll pass. I'll see him the following day in Strasbourg, that has to be enough. (And if he does a M&G in Utrecht, I'll kick myself later :aah:)

• Haha 1

On 1/11/2020 at 8:07 PM, mellody said:

Maybe she's already going to the first 2 gigs and wouldn't mind a 3rd one. :teehee: Or only has time for the 3rd date.

In fact I had been considering this gig, as it's probably the small show in Utrecht and Thursday is the only one of the 3 I could possibly do... but as it's sold out and it'd be complicated for me to organize, I'll pass. I'll see him the following day in Strasbourg, that has to be enough. (And if he does a M&G in Utrecht, I'll kick myself later :aah:)

What does the small show mean? Does he have a big and a small show? What are the differences haha. And what to expect in Utrecht? 😍

I'm going the third show, but I think I'll add the second show to it!! Twice in a row, you can never have enough Mika in 24 hours hahahahha 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Marika said:

What does the small show mean? Does he have a big and a small show? What are the differences haha. And what to expect in Utrecht? 😍

The small show is like at the gigs in the US, in London, Zurich and Spain, without any stage set, just Mika and his musicians. The big one is the one with the flying piano etc.. I don't know how big the venue in Utrecht is, whether they could set up the big stage with the high stage props and the catwalk. I assumed it's too small, but I haven't checked in detail.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, mellody said:

The small show is like at the gigs in the US, in London, Zurich and Spain, without any stage set, just Mika and his musicians. The big one is the one with the flying piano etc.. I don't know how big the venue in Utrecht is, whether they could set up the big stage with the high stage props and the catwalk. I assumed it's too small, but I haven't checked in detail.

Oooooh oké!! Yes I looked up the pictures of the venue in Utrecht and it is really small. I went to Brussels as well (big show), and I was already thinking how the whole set would fit in the Utrecht venue. But then he'll probably do the 'small' show without the extras! Fun to see the differences :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

FAN ACTION PART TWO!: BRING YOUR OWN CROWN 👑

(Dutch below)

We Are Golden is all about being yourself, letting yourself lose; feeling your inner king, queen, or gender-nonspecific monarch. So, to quote a legendary Dutch carnavals song: 'shame about the attic, but the roof has to go'. (LINKS! RECHTS!) We are bringing the royal party to Ronda; Everyone is king for a day, or at least for three minutes. Go dig around that fancy dress kit in the attic and bring your own crown; or get creative, and glue and cut one together! The idea is to put it on during We Are Golden and dance like there is no tomorrow. Me and a few other fans will bring 200 crowns, but the effect would be made even better if as many people as we can gather have one, to really make it a cool effect. 

So share, share, share this with your friends who are also going to the show on the 13th of February

Long story short: - Bring your own crown! 
- Put it on your head during We Are Golden
- Party like it's 1661 and we're all royalty because we are golden.

DUTCH

We Are Golden is het nummer over jezelf zijn, lekker los gaan, in contact staan met je innerlijke koning, koningin of gender-loze monarch. Misschien een beetje een apart concept voor de nuchtere nederlanders, maar om de Snollebollekes te quoten: 'het is jammer van de zolder, maar het dak dat gaat eraf.' (NAAR LINKS). We brengen het adelijke feestje naar de Ronda: iedereen is koning voor een dag op de 13e! (Of in ieder geval voor 3 minuten) Dus ga op zoek in je verkleedkist naar dat kroontje dat je altijd op koningsdag uit de kast trekt, of wordt creatief en sla aan het knippen en plakken! Een aantal andere fans en mijzelf brengen 200 papieren kroontjes mee; maar hoe meer hoe beter om het effect supervet te laten zijn. 

Dus, deel dit met al je vrienden die ook naar de show op 13 februari komen!!

Lang verhaal kort: - Neem je eigen kroontje mee! 
- Zet 't op je hoofd tijdens We Are Golden
- Feestje vieren alsof het carnaval is en we allemaal koning zijn want we are GOLDEN. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I guess I finally need to accept that there won't be a miracle that'd enable me to go to this gig. 🙄 It's an 8 hour journey and I don't have anyone to take care of the kids in the afternoon. During the week it just doesn't work for me, Luxemburg was an exception, because I had originally planned to take my son with me - but standing gigs just aren't for him. It was very stressful for my kids and their Grandma though, that she had to take care of both of them for 24 hours. Either that, or hubby has to take time off work, which he usually won't for my Mika trips.

So I just hope that there'll be another chance for me later this year to see Mika in an intimate setting, sharing all those little stories in English. At least I can listen to them on the videos - so please, everyone who's going, share them with us if you can. :puppy_eyes: These stories and feelings he shares are better for understanding him than any interviews, because they're direct and unfiltered, without any journalist in between. :wub2:

Enjoy the gig everyone who's going, from what I saw of the first show, it looks like you're in for a special treat! :fangurl:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/13/2020 at 11:46 AM, NaoMika said:

My crown is ready❤️

DSC_0831.JPG

wow, that one's beautiful! 

i think i saw you on the front row (didnt notice the crown then) so i bet Mika must have seen it too 😊

Im so happy with how the fan action turned out and I wanna thank @claquesuus for taking the organisation upon them and i wanna thank everyone else for participating and making it awesome! 😄

• Like 3