2019 - Mika @ Forest National, Brussels, BELGIUM, 14 Dec

silver

On 12/1/2019 at 8:23 PM, Tanja Moulton said:

Do you already have your tickets? 

We are still waiting and called the teleticketservice three times. 

I am really worrying our tickets are lost anywhere. 

Just two weeks until the show, I am going crazy 🤪 

Yes, I bought my e-ticket right after the release 😕

Don't they have a special help phone number ?

@Martyna if you have a seated ticket, and as far as I know it's numbered /assigned places, you can arrive half an hour before the show starts, or about the time when the doors open, if you want to see the support act, put your coat to the cloakroom, buy some drinks and merch, etc.. Those queueing for hours (midnight the day before it's only that crazy in Italy, and even there I think now in winter that's only very few who do it, if at all) have unassigned standing places and want to get a place in frontrow. No need to queue if you have an assigned seat. ;) Of course if you come early to meet other MFCers, you'll find some of us in the queue in the afternoon.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 8:57 PM, MayaBelgium said:

Yes, I bought my e-ticket right after the release 😕

Don't they have a special help phone number ?

Yes, since 3 weeks they keep telling us, the tickets were printed out yesterday and sent to us. 

The guy yesterday told me, we can be there at 6pm with our reservation number. I hope, there will be someone at the office. 

He also told me, that it is impossible to get electronic tickets. 

We will see, I hope, everything works out. Otherwise my daughter would be so sad. And we already have train and hotel reservation. It is not the closest country 🙄

On 12/3/2019 at 10:01 PM, mellody said:

(midnight the day before it's only that crazy in Italy, and even there I think now in winter that's only very few who do it, if at all)

It's winter but now they started even 24 hours before, at 20:30 the evening before... it's really crazy :aah:

anyone got 1 (standing) ticket spare?!? 

i am seriously contemplating going now that my own singing gig got cancelled ...

1 hour ago, krysady said:

It's winter but now they started even 24 hours before, at 20:30 the evening before... it's really crazy :aah:

Pfft, that's mad! :rolleyes: But still, Belgium isn't Italy. And the frontrow is bigger than at previous tours, with the protruding stage.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2019 at 6:02 PM, krysady said:

Agree that it’s exaggerate, but if people don’t mind not being in the very central part of the front row, which holds like 20 people, it’s not needed starting at those crazy hours even in Italy. Even in bigger Italian cities we reached #50 in the queue in the morning and #100 at lunch time or even afternoon

Anywayy I’m sure that Brussels is not Italy 😂

• Like 1

On 12/3/2019 at 9:01 PM, mellody said:

@Martyna if you have a seated ticket, and as far as I know it's numbered /assigned places, you can arrive half an hour before the show starts, or about the time when the doors open, if you want to see the support act, put your coat to the cloakroom, buy some drinks and merch, etc.. Those queueing for hours (midnight the day before it's only that crazy in Italy, and even there I think now in winter that's only very few who do it, if at all) have unassigned standing places and want to get a place in frontrow. No need to queue if you have an assigned seat. ;) Of course if you come early to meet other MFCers, you'll find some of us in the queue in the afternoon.

Hooray, we finally got the tickets yesterday. 😍

What a crazy trip 👀

• Like 3

As for fan actions: Saskia and me were thinking we could bring some confetti, since Mika doesn't have it at his gigs anymore, and we have some leftovers from the London MFC party. :mf_rosetinted: I was thinking it'd be nice for We are Golden, when he starts singing again after the spoken "we are not what you think we are" part, that's also the point when his confetti cannons went off during WAG, when he still had them. Or maybe it's better when the balloons come on? I haven't seen any of the big gigs yet, so I don't know if it'd fit to the balloons... 

It's not very original and won't be a huge fanaction for many in the crowd, but if any of you want to join in bringing and throwing confetti, feel free to do so. ;) If I have time, I'll make some mini confetti cannons, into which we can fill the confetti, so it flies higher - but not sure I'll have time, need to organize Paris as well, and Christmas preparations etc...

Also I saw someone on Instagram is asking people to bring coloured paper hearts for Tiny Love, as we did in London. Well. As I said, it all has been done before. :rolleyes:

• Like 4

As Belgium has three national languages, does any of you know if he'll do his show in French or English? I was in another French speaking city in Belgium three years ago and unfortunately everything was in French, which I didn't understand :( In France its logical, but in Belgium many people don't speak French.. 😅 

1 hour ago, Marika said:

As Belgium has three national languages, does any of you know if he'll do his show in French or English? I was in another French speaking city in Belgium three years ago and unfortunately everything was in French, which I didn't understand :( In France its logical, but in Belgium many people don't speak French.. 😅 

So true, I don't speak French very well either... 😬

1 hour ago, Marika said:

Maybe you could look in old report threads or youtube videos for Brussels, to see how it was the last times. Or maybe someone who was there can tell us? @Statue_of_Liberty  do you remember?

No matter what he speaks there, tbh it'd surprise me if he had recorded the intro and colour changes intros in English especially for this show. I'd certainly be positively surprised though if he did! :lol:

1 hour ago, mellody said:

Maybe you could look in old report threads or youtube videos for Brussels, to see how it was the last times. Or maybe someone who was there can tell us? @Statue_of_Liberty  do you remember?

No matter what he speaks there, tbh it'd surprise me if he had recorded the intro and colour changes intros in English especially for this show. I'd certainly be positively surprised though if he did! :lol:

From what I remember I think that if was mostly French in 2015

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, carafon said:

From what I remember I think that if was mostly French in 2015

Yes, just watched some videos on YT and he talked in French. He does the same in Luxembourg every time. 

• Like 1

Wait that's weeeeird, i'd really expect him to speak English not French? If you've ever met any Flemish person you'll know most of them suck at French hahaha. I believe even Belgian people among eachother prefer using English as the lingua franca rather than speaking broken French/Dutch. But correct me if im wrong though 🤔

On 12/10/2019 at 11:31 AM, mellody said:

16 minutes ago, Jaela said:

Wait that's weeeeird, i'd really expect him to speak English not French? If you've ever met any Flemish person you'll know most of them suck at French hahaha. I believe even Belgian people among eachother prefer using English as the lingua franca rather than speaking broken French/Dutch. But correct me if im wrong though 🤔

this conversation reminded me of this video interview when he talked about a similar dilemma back in 2010.  i haven't watched it in years so thanks! 😍 

27 minutes ago, kreacher said:

this conversation reminded me of this video interview when he talked about a similar dilemma back in 2010.  i haven't watched it in years so thanks! 😍 

Lol, I don't remember having seen this before (maybe I just forgot)! :lol: So thanks for posting, aww, he's so sweet! :wub2:

Maybe he'll ask the crowd what language to use, he did that at the last gig in Zurich (the one for the Heaven tour).

• Like 1

I found a cool instruction in a children's magazine on how to create a confetti cannon with an empty toilet roll, adhesive tape and a balloon, here's my version:

20191213_092409.jpg

If you fill confetti in the roll and pull & let loose the balloon, the confetti flies up in the air! I'll bring a few of these and 2 bags of confetti, but I only have about 5 toilet rolls right now - so if any of you wants to make and bring one or more as well, we could shoot quite some confetti in the air! :lol: To make it look better, you can glue nice paper around it, but I don't have time for that now.

tnx to two peeps who offered spares. I’m not going to manage Brussels - struggling a bit with ‘the black dog’. 

have fun everyone 

on the positive side: just found out Mika is in nz when i am too! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mellody said:

I found a cool instruction in a children's magazine on how to create a confetti cannon with an empty toilet roll, adhesive tape and a balloon, here's my version:

20191213_092409.jpg

If you fill confetti in the roll and pull & let loose the balloon, the confetti flies up in the air! I'll bring a few of these and 2 bags of confetti, but I only have about 5 toilet rolls right now - so if any of you wants to make and bring one or more as well, we could shoot quite some confetti in the air! :lol: To make it look better, you can glue nice paper around it, but I don't have time for that now.

I can bring some toilet rolls

• Like 1