2020 - Mika @ Zenith Strasbourg, FRANCE, 14 Feb

mellody

Valentine's day with Mika? :das: And the last gig of the European tour! (At least so far.) Chat about it in this thread.

If you're going, please RSVP here:

• Haha 5

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Plus bas une version en Francais.

I will write below  the same in French.

I know we still have 2,5 months till the concert.

But I already have some ideas for the "fan actions".

As we know, the gig will take place at the St Valentine's day.

..............................................................................................................

So the first thing I have in mind are sheets we will show after the first song (to start) with: 

YOU ARE MY VALENTINE, MIKA

or

BE MY VALENTINE, MIKA

Of course it can be as well just  I LOVE YOU, MIKA  :biggrin2:

We can add a red heart.Maybe drawn with a red marker?

...............................................................................................................

Another one are flowers made of crepe paper fixed on a papier straw for drinks.

There are so many ways to create them.

I haven't done any samples yet. But I will try to make a tutorial how to create some simple models. 

We can wave them during Origin of Love or Tiny Love or any other song.

I thought about paper flowers when I saw this Mika's photo. Of course we will not create so big flowers :biggrin2:

image.thumb.png.489daa4156f62658ea2e65f88982df02.png

.................................................................................................................

The third one is that I tested today, so I can write more about it.

Actually it is not related to any song. It is a sort of "a badge" to wear during the whole concert.

It is a reflective tape - the same used for cars to be seen in the dark - cut into pieces. You can stick it to your mobile or to your clothe or just hold in hand.

The idea is that Mika's lights system is actually around the venue. It takes 360 degrees.

And when it goes to the public our "badges" will glow giving an impression of hundreds of little torches.

You can see here lights going to different directions.

image.thumb.png.3ac2eab23e8c66fcc71b1db32484e5cb.png

I bought red and yellow tape. 5cm large.

First I thought about 10cm long pieces. But it would be to big to stick it to a mobile.

So 5cm x 5 cm will be OK.

This sort of reflection is seen from afar.

image.png.03126c42e4a6e087136000458fbb5b1a.png

Here is a little video I tried to record ar home to show you the effect.

But as I live alone it is hard to catch the best angle. But I hope you can see what I mean.

I have 2 tapes 30 meters each, so it gives 1'200 badges 5x5cm.

It would be great to distribute them in the reserved places in the back (in Heaven as sais Mika :biggrin2: ).

• Like 1

En Francais.

Je sais que nous avons encore 2,5 mois avant le concert.

Mais j'ai déjà quelques idées pour les "actions des fans".

Comme on le sait, le concert aura lieu à la St Valentin.

.................................................. .................................................. ..........

La première chose à laquelle je pense, ce sont les feuilles que nous montrerons après la première chanson (pour commencer) avec:

TU ES MA VALENTINE, MIKA

ou

BE MY VALENTINE, MIKA

Bien sûr, ça peut être aussi bien

JE T'AIME, MIKA

Nous pouvons ajouter un coeur rouge. Peut-être dessiné avec un marqueur rouge?

C'est plutot pour les fans qui seront aux premiers rangs devant la scene.

.................................................. .................................................. ...........

Une autre "action" ce sont de fleurs en papier crépon fixées sur une paille pour boissons (en papier u en plastique).

Il y a tellement de façons de les créer.

Je n'ai pas encore fait d'échantillons. Mais je vais essayer de faire un tutoriel sur la création de modèles simples.

Nous pouvons les agiter pendant Origin of Love ou Tiny Love ou toute autre chanson.

J'ai pensé aux fleurs en papier quand j'ai vu cette la photo de Mika. Bien sûr nous ne créerons pas de si grandes fleurs!

image.thumb.png.680e6b710a76167dba834478463e4dda.png

.......................................................................................................

La troisième idee j'ai testé aujourd'hui, donc je peux écrire plus sur ce sujet.

En fait, ce n'est pas lié à une chanson. C'est une sorte de "badge" à porter pendant tout le concert.

C'est un ruban réfléchissant - le même utilisé pour les voitures pour quelles soient visibles dans le noir - coupé en morceaux.

Vous pouvez le coller sur vos portables ou sur vos vêtements ou simplement les tenir dans la main.

L'idée est que le système d'éclairage de Mika est réellement autour de la salle. Il fait 360 degrés.

Et quand les lumieres vont vers le public, nos "badges" brilleront, donnant une impression de centaines de petites torches.

Vous pouvez voir ici des lumières qui vont dans différentes directions.

image.thumb.png.d6050bdafd1eff7a850f38f464f327a3.png

J'ai acheté du ruban rouge et jaune. 5cm de large.

J'ai d'abord pensé à des morceaux de 10 cm de long. Mais ils seraient trop grands pour le coller sur un portable.

Donc 5 cm x 5 cm sera OK.

Ce genre de réflexion est vu de tres loin.

image.png.9cfca89a2bb3dd5e272776a015ff0f4e.png

Voici une petite vidéo que j'ai essayé d'enregistrer chez moi pour vous montrer l'effet.

Mais comme je vis seul, il est difficile de filmer sur le meilleur angle. Mais j'espère que vous pouvez voir ce que je veux dire.

J'ai 2 bandes de 30 mètres chacune, ce qui donne 1 200 badges 5x5cm.

Ce serait bien de les distribuer dans les places réservés dans les gradins (au paradis comme le dit Mika :biggrin2: )

• Like 3

Hello 

Les fleurs et les bandes réfléchissantes ce sont des idées à creuser

Par contre les messages de St Valentin ,je ne trouve pas que ce soit une très bonne idée ,en tout cas pas sous cette forme.......parce que c'est la fête des amoureux ,or Mika n'est pas amoureux de nous ,et beaucoup de fans ont des conjoints :wink2:

Par contre on peut faire des messages "happy valentine day" avec une fleur imprimée sur du papier (plus simple que de faire des centaines de fleurs et aussi plus facile à transporter ) pour "the origin of love" par exemple

On peut aussi partir de l'idée que c'est la dernière date en Europe , et peut etre que  tout à la fin on  pourrait  faire des affiches avec "stay high" ?

I like the ideas of flowers and reflective stripes ,just need to find the right moment and how to organise

I don't think that the "Valentine" messages are a very good idea at least not that way....... because it's a celebration for  lovers

Mika is obviously not in love with us, and many fans have partners  as well as the random crowd probably

I'd rather see "happy valentine" printed messages with a flower to hold for "the origin of love" (as it's easier to do and to transport than to make tons of flowers )

We can also think about  the idea that it is the last date in Europe, and maybe at the end we can hold papers with "stay high"?

Edited by carafon
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, carafon said:

Hello 

Les fleurs et les bandes réfléchissantes ce sont des idées à creuser

Par contre les messages de St Valentin ,je ne trouve pas que ce soit une très bonne idée.......parce que c'est la fête des amoureux ,or Mika n'est pas amoureux de nous ,et beaucoup de fans ont des conjoints :wink2:

On peut aussi partir de l'idée que c'est la dernière date en Europe , et peut etre que  tout à la fin on  pourrai  faire des affiches avec "stay high" ?

I like the ideas of flowers and reflective stripes ,just need to find the right moment and how to organise

I don't think that the "Valentine" messages are a very good idea....... because it's a celebration for  lovers, and obviously  Mika is not in love with us, and many fans have partners 

We can also think about  the idea that it is the last date in Europe, and maybe at the end we can hold papers with "stay high"?

I agree with you, Joelle.

@Anna Ko Kolkowska Flowers are a good idea, we had done that once back in 2010 in Cattolica for his birthday, but with real flowers, most of which didn't look too good anymore when the gig started 🙈 - so preparing lots of paper flowers in advance should certainly be an improvement! :teehee: And the reflective stickers, why not. Maybe you could cut them in heart shape? But yes, what Joelle says re. Valentine's messages. We could write "Happy Valentine's day", but that's maybe not very original. 

My thought was to do a "best of fanactions" for the last gig of the tour... especially I thought about your and my hearts, paper and glowstick hearts, he was very touched and happy about both of them, and we could combine it. Mine glow nicely, and yours look very colourful, lit by the phones, and are easy to make in great numbers. And it'd be hearts for the first and the last gig of the Revelation tour. But maybe it's too boring to do the same again, I don't know... maybe it's better not to do too much and keep to the flowers and something for the end of the gig...

In the end, we could hold up A4 sheets OR hearts, with "Thank you" on them - or, as Joelle suggests, we could also write "(we'll) stay high" - or both, some with "Thank you", some with "(We'll) stay high"?

• Like 5

Thank you @carafon and @mellody for your comments.

12 hours ago, carafon said:

I don't think that the "Valentine" messages are a very good idea at least not that way....... because it's a celebration for  lovers

Mika is obviously not in love with us, and many fans have partners  as well as the random crowd probably

About St Valentine message:

Mika used to say that he didn't like St Valentine's Day and he never celebrated it as for him it's a commercial invention (actually I completly agree with him :bleh:  )

But we know his great sense of humour. So "Be my Valenite" message doesn't mean we want to merry him!

Especially knowing his sexual orientation and his happy relationship with Andy :biggrin2: 

On the other hand Mika said that he was never asked for a date (well maybe once via internet and it was a big mistake) in the past.

Now sometimes he receives this sort of messages. He sais" no", but he is flatted to be asked for it.

So can you imagine his face seeing a hundred of sheets saying that we "love him" and we want him to be our Valentine? (Anyway everybody likes to hear that he is loved).

And "Origine of Love" would be a great moment for it  :yes:  Or "Love Today". But at this song we dance like crazy so maybe it would be more difficult to show our sheets :biggrin2:

12 hours ago, mellody said:

Flowers are a good idea, we had done that once back in 2010 in Cattolica for his birthday, but with real flowers, most of which didn't look too good anymore when the gig started 🙈 - so preparing lots of paper flowers in advance should certainly be an improvement! :teehee: And the reflective stickers, why not. Maybe you could cut them in heart shape? But yes, what Joelle says re. Valentine's messages. We could write "Happy Valentine's day", but that's maybe not very original. 

Yes, first I thought about real flowers too. But for sure they will be already dead after keeping them during hours in a cold (it will be a middle of winter!) and then after waiting for a good moment in the venue.

Paper flowers take more time to prepare but they will look good and at the end of the show we can throw some on the stage.

I had the same idea this morninig to cut stickers in the shape of hearts. It looks quite good on the mobile. And it is visible while filming or taking photos!

But I think I will not be able to cut 1'200 hearts. Anyway from afar it will be just a spot of light. So maybe hearts would be for a part of fans close to the stage? And the rest will be just squares for sitting places?

image.png.040bec9c2562ec5a04026f1197092f44.png

In the end, we could hold up A4 sheets OR hearts, with "Thank you" on them - or, as Joelle suggests, we could also write "(we'll) stay high" - or both, some with "Thank you", some with "(We'll) stay high"?

We could create double side sheets. On one side a St Valentine message and on the other side "Thank you" or "We'll stay high". Yes, I like a lot this "Thank you" message!

My thought was to do a "best of fanactions" for the last gig of the tour... especially I thought about your and my hearts, paper and glowstick hearts, he was very touched and happy about both of them, and we could combine it. Mine glow nicely, and yours look very colourful, lit by the phones, and are easy to make in great numbers. And it'd be hearts for the first and the last gig of the Revelation tour. But maybe it's too boring to do the same again, I don't know... maybe it's better not to do too much and keep to the flowers and something for the end of the gig...

I thought as well about this "closing" show as a special one.

I would never say that something is boring just becasue it was already done in the past.

First - because good ideas stay good ideas.

Second - every show is different with different audience. And "fan actions" are not only for Mika but as well for us (well IMO).

London and Zurich were small gigs. But Strasbourg's Zenith is for about 12'000 places (it's the biggest enith in France). Well, even if we remove 2'000 for Mika's stage, it still makes 10'000 people in the venue.

So should we concentrate only on the area around the stage?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Thank you @carafon and @mellody for your comments.

About St Valentine message:

Mika used to say that he didn't like St Valentine's Day and he never celebrated it as for him it's a commercial invention (actually I completly agree with him :bleh:  )

But we know his great sense of humour. So "Be my Valenite" message doesn't mean we want to merry him!

Especially knowing his sexual orientation and his happy relationship with Andy :biggrin2: 

On the other hand Mika said that he was never asked for a date (well maybe once via internet and it was a big mistake) in the past.

Now sometimes he receives this sort of messages. He sais" no", but he is flatted to be asked for it.

So can you imagine his face seeing a hundred of sheets saying that we "love him" and we want him to be our Valentine? (Anyway everybody likes to hear that he is loved).

And "Origine of Love" would be a great moment for it  :yes:  Or "Love Today". But at this song we dance like crazy so maybe it would be more difficult to show our sheets :biggrin2:

Yes, first I thought about real flowers too. But for sure they will be already dead after keeping them during hours in a cold (it will be a middle of winter!) and then after waiting for a good moment in the venue.

Paper flowers take more time to prepare but they will look good and at the end of the show we can throw some on the stage.

I had the same idea this morninig to cut stickers in the shape of hearts. It looks quite good on the mobile. And it is visible while filming or taking photos!

But I think I will not be able to cut 1'200 hearts. Anyway from afar it will be just a spot of light. So maybe hearts would be for a part of fans close to the stage? And the rest will be just squares for sitting places

We could create double side sheets. On one side a St Valentine message and on the other side "Thank you" or "We'll stay high". Yes, I like a lot this "Thank you" message!

I thought as well about this "closing" show as a special one.

I would never say that something is boring just becasue it was already done in the past.

First - because good ideas stay good ideas.

Second - every show is different with different audience. And "fan actions" are not only for Mika but as well for us (well IMO).

London and Zurich were small gigs. But Strasbourg's Zenith is for about 12'000 places (it's the biggest enith in France). Well, even if we remove 2'000 for Mika's stage, it still makes 10'000 people in the venue.

So should we concentrate only on the area around the stage?

I think that one action with as many people as possible involved is more powerfull than several smaller ones , so I don't think that concentrating on the area around the stage is the best option

As the venue is so huge ,maybe the flower idea could be saved for a festival or a smaller place ?

About the "Valentine" messages ,if you want to use it as a joke I think that "Love today" is a better song than "The origin of love" 

(because he wrote TOOL for his lover as LT is about a prostitute …….so lets go trying to have him !:naughty: )

I think that using "best of " action idea is good (especialy if you saved some stuff from Zurich and London) if it's mixed with a new one ,so it won't be boring at all 

Another option is to mix everything at the end : "Thank you" ; "I'll stay high" ; paper and fluo hearts and maybe even some Valentine messages 

As it's a big show in a big venue ,the moment he's the less focused on his job is the end …..that's part of why I was thinking of this

• Like 1

2 hours ago, carafon said:

About the "Valentine" messages ,if you want to use it as a joke I think that "Love today" is a better song than "The origin of love" 

(because he wrote TOOL for his lover as LT is about a prostitute …….so lets go trying to have him !:naughty: )

Joelle, I didn't mean the Valentine message to be a JOKE. It's just a sort of expressing our love to our favourite artist in The Day of Love (not Lovers).

Well, maybe my understanding of St Valentine's Day is different to yours? 

Love has different meanings and different dimentions. As our sheets "We missed you" - it was the way to show Mika our love to him. Or am I wrong?

2 hours ago, carafon said:

Another option is to mix everything at the end : "Thank you" ; "I'll stay high" ; paper and fluo hearts and maybe even some Valentine messages 

As it's a big show in a big venue ,the moment he's the less focused on his job is the end

i can't imagine to wait with the fan action till the end of the show. Actions during the show turn up the energy (Mika's and ours) as it shows our participation in the event.

Mika captures it at once and (as i could observe) it gives him energy too. 

So imo if we use sheets of paper they can be used twice: after the first show and during Stay High. One piece of paper = two actions.

But on the other hand it would be great to repeat "Tiny Love" action with paper hearts and glowing hearts.... I did not see too many actions for this song. Only one maybe in Italy two days ago? 

Paper hearts are pretty easy to make - as we still have time. We can create 2'000 I hope.

But what about glowing sticks? It's more expensive and time consuming.

What do you think?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Joelle, I didn't mean the Valentine message to be a JOKE. It's just a sort of expressing our love to our favourite artist in The Day of Love (not Lovers).

Love has different meanings and different dimentions. As our sheets "We missed you" - it was the way to show Mika our love to him. Or am I wrong?

You're right I've always considered Valentines day as the lovers day …...Don't know if I'm right or not ,but for sure I'm not the only one

https://www.futura-sciences.com/sante/questions-reponses/amour-saint-valentin-histoire-origine-fete-amoureux-8355/

Then if Mika has the same opinion ,the messages "be my Valentine" just after "Ice cream" may be a bit comfusing …...:naughty:🙊

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

i can't imagine to wait with the fan action till the end of the show. Actions during the show turn up the energy (Mika's and ours) as it shows our participation in the event.

Well we succeded twice in London for the previous tour …….it seems that he loved it too

And I'm sure you'll be able to handle your enthousiasm too :yay:

2 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

But on the other hand it would be great to repeat "Tiny Love" action with paper hearts and glowing hearts.... I did not see too many actions for this song. Only one maybe in Italy two days ago? 

Paper hearts are pretty easy to make - as we still have time. We can create 2'000 I hope.

What do you think?

In my mind the hearts action was to be mixed with the "stay high" action ,then it's like a new one but using part of stuff we had in Zurich and London 

(I still have the small hearts I made with the wasted paper ,some bigger ones ,and I think that Karin collected some stuff on the ground as well)

26 minutes ago, carafon said:

You're right I've always considered Valentines day as the lovers day …...Don't know if I'm right or not ,but for sure I'm not the only one

https://www.futura-sciences.com/sante/questions-reponses/amour-saint-valentin-histoire-origine-fete-amoureux-8355/

"Aux États-Unis, il est de coutume d'en offrir à toutes les personnes aimées, au sens large du terme". 

I think in Poland is something more like this. Even children in some kindergartens give cards or sweets to friends they like the best.

Anyway I don't want to discuss about the history of the St Valentine's Day. Love stays love.

And I don't see anything inappropriate in showing Mika sheets with "Be my Valentine" or something like this.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

"Aux États-Unis, il est de coutume d'en offrir à toutes les personnes aimées, au sens large du terme". 

I saw it too ……...:wink2::naughty:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, carafon said:

In my mind the hearts action was to be mixed with the "stay high" action ,then it's like a new one but using part of stuff we had in Zurich and London 

(I still have the small hearts I made with the wasted paper ,some bigger ones ,and I think that Karin collected some stuff on the ground as well)

So to make this show more special we can combine all elements and do as much as possible.

Paper sheets after the first song (the side with St Valentine's text) and during "Stay High" at the end with "Thank you", "Stay High", "Merci", "Gracie"...... We can do several versions.

Hearts (paper  and glowing ones) during "Tiny Love" to remind Mika concerts in London and Zurich. Then hearts again during "Stay High".

Only little problem is that during "Stay High" lights are on so our paper and glowing hearts will not be so well seen as in the dark.

But maybe it's not a problem? They will be seen in one way or another.

Like this we have 3 actions which are coherent. People will be happy to participate 3 times in fan action. And Mika will have fun as he loves active fans.

So? What do you think?

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

So imo if we use sheets of paper they can be used twice: after the first show and during Stay High. One piece of paper = two actions.

What do you think?

I'm willing to do hearts with you again because it was really very beautiful   :wub2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok... how about if we mix the messages, so everyone gets a paper they want? "Be my Valentine", "We love you, Mika" (I think it's less personal and less misunderstandable than "I love you"), and "Happy Valentine's day"? Actually we could even mix this with the hearts, for OOL and / or Tiny Love, because a heart has the same meaning, showing our love for him, and we wouldn't need to make a big number of stuff twice, for two different fan actions.

You're right that the glowing hearts are time consuming and expensive, compared to the paper hearts - I'd just spread a few hundred of them throughout the venue, little light points in a sea full of paper hearts (and maybe Valentine signs). I didn't remember the Zenith Strasbourg as that big, the standing area seemed in fact rather small to me... but there seem to be a lot of seats, judging from the seating plan... In any case, if we want to include the seated area, we'd need the help of some fans who have seats there, to hand out stuff.

About the Thank You / Stay High signs for the end... if you do them double sided, some who get them might not realize which side to hold up for which song - AND the backside might shine through, so it's not readable anymore. So maybe it's better to have 2 sheets, though it's more paper. :dunno:

Also, forget the hearts I suggested for this... we'll have enough to do cutting paper hearts, this was a thought instead of other hearts or valentine's messages, not in addition. Though of course we can print hearts on the sheets with the thank you messages.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, miknikel said:

.1..PNG.2065f0468800595091eb6a64171a2ef4.PNG

Here's that I found on the Internet. I propose to order a bag to see what it looks like !!!   🕊️

I'm sure they look nice if they fly, filled with Helium... but at the gig you can't take a Helium bottle. :dunno: Also, it seems Mika doesn't sing Paloma at every gig, so idk if I'd risk it... sure, one pack can't hurt - but I wouldn't plan a big fanaction that just fits to a certain song he might not sing.

15 minutes ago, mellody said:

I'm sure they look nice if they fly, filled with Helium... but at the gig you can't take a Helium bottle. :dunno: Also, it seems Mika doesn't sing Paloma at every gig, so idk if I'd risk it... sure, one pack can't hurt - but I wouldn't plan a big fanaction that just fits to a certain song he might not sing.

We can inflate them with air, I checked. The dove is also a symbol of peace and love. But maybe you're right. It was an idea. I don't risk much to order a package

• Like 1