2020 - Mika @ Zenith Strasbourg, FRANCE, 14 Feb

mellody

On 12/1/2019 at 9:34 PM, Presci1108 said:

My favorites ideas are the "stay high" messages and the glowing hearts and papers… If it works well, it can be wonderful ! :) For the rest, I don't know. 

On 12/1/2019 at 9:14 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

So to make this show more special we can combine all elements and do as much as possible.

Paper sheets after the first song (the side with St Valentine's text) and during "Stay High" at the end with "Thank you", "Stay High", "Merci", "Gracie"...... We can do several versions.

Hearts (paper  and glowing ones) during "Tiny Love" to remind Mika concerts in London and Zurich. Then hearts again during "Stay High".

Only little problem is that during "Stay High" lights are on so our paper and glowing hearts will not be so well seen as in the dark.

But maybe it's not a problem? They will be seen in one way or another.

Like this we have 3 actions which are coherent. People will be happy to participate 3 times in fan action. And Mika will have fun as he loves active fans.

So? What do you think?

So we 've the heart action at the beginning …..what about the end ?

Do we give up or not ?

From the experience in Bercy I think that if we're using sheets we definitively have to add something after  the instructions saying "Don't throw this paper on the floor" to avoid any complication

On 12/30/2019 at 11:47 PM, mellody said:

@Graciosa, @Statue_of_Liberty and me will bring the glowing hearts we have left over from Zurich, should be around 200 or more, and I think we can well use them together with the paper hearts. We need new glowsticks for some of them, cause we don't have that many left (and only yellow ones that look green :aah: ), so if anyone wants to bring glowsticks, plmk. I'll try to find out meanwhile how many hearts (holders) we have exactly and how many glowsticks.

Back from visiting the Luxembourg topic I wonder if it would not be better to have the  glowsticks hearts along with the lighted balloons in Luxembourg and the paper ones in Strasbourg ? So we'd have all the plastic stuff in one gig  and paper ones in the other one  (As the 2 towns are not that far away I guess we may have almost the same fans on both places ,especialy the ones from Germany) 

Or do you want to put the glowstick hearts in front the paper ones to have a double effect ?

On 12/16/2019 at 11:09 PM, mellody said:

I guess for the first row of the seats, a banner could be nice - but it's always a question whether the venue agrees to let people in with a giant banner, definitely have to check that in advance. Also, I wouldn't write anything about Andy, I think it'd be nicer to show our love for Mika and leave Mika's and Andy's Valentine's day celebrationto themselves. ;) But of course we can discuss it all here, maybe you like also some of the ideas that have been posted. :thumb_yello:

On 12/16/2019 at 2:17 PM, leela fchouch said:

Hey guys !

(sorry in advance for my english i'm french)

Like you know well Mika is at Starsbourg the 14th february, and I'm going at him concert. Buuut I'm SURE he will do something on stage because it will be Valentine's day, maybe a little speech before he sing a song. And I think we should do something too. I don't know what but I would like him to see what we did. Idk maybe we should do a big giant banner with many hearts (for exemple one heart draw by each of us). But if we want him to notice our sign we should write a funny thing, propose your ideas :) I thought about "Have a good night Andy, sleep well :) ", maybe it will make him laugh.

Those who have equipement such as large sheets and spray painters, manifest yourself we need you.

Propose all ideas you have, be original, we need to show Mika our special intention for his Valentine's day !

I may have a blue spray painter ,I can take it with me ,but for sure they won't let us in the venue with it 

As for the Valentine's message I agree with Mellody ,we'd better leave Andy outside of this

What about  "Happy Valentiny love (or day)  " or something like that ?

Edited by carafon
  • Like 1

@carafon it's not just my decision about the glowing hearts, I only have about 60 left, the rest is with the other girls. Besides, I wouldn't separate between paper and plastic but for Strasbourg hearts in any form are nice because of Valentine's day. ;)

Sure we can also do sth for the end of the show, maybe related to it being the last gig in Europe for a few months. Any ideas?

6 minutes ago, mellody said:

Sure we can also do sth for the end of the show, maybe related to it being the last gig in Europe for a few months. Any ideas?

As for the previous end of shows he asked us to promise to stay high i was thinking of "I'll stay high" mixed with "Thank you" and maybe more ideas  ?

• Like 1

Hello

Don’t know why I have received a notification saying I was mentionned by @mellody in that thread 🤷🏼‍♀️ 
There must be a bug on MFC’s forum because I am not even going to Strasbourg’s gig 🤷🏼‍♀️🤣🤣🤣

Good idea for your glowing hearts balloons and the « Stay High ! Thank you ! » signs by the way 😉👍🏻

Just now, Sweetieval said:

Hello

Don’t know why I have received a notification saying I was mentionned by @mellody in that thread 🤷🏼‍♀️ 
There must be a bug on MFC’s forum because I am not even going to Strasbourg’s gig 🤷🏼‍♀️🤣🤣🤣

Good idea for your glowing hearts balloons and the « Stay High ! Thank you ! » signs by the way 😉👍🏻

Sorry, it was a mistake by me, I had changed it meanwhile. 🙈😅

Oh I see @mellody 

unfortunately I can’t go to that one or my husband’s going to strangle me 🤭
I have already managed  to offer him a city trip in Amsterdam for Christmas just before the first Utrecht gig 🤣 and he must attend that show with me 🤣

He is so happy 😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, carafon said:

As for the previous end of shows he asked us to promise to stay high i was thinking of "I'll stay high" mixed with "Thank you" and maybe more ideas  ?

For me - after Grace Kelly and before Tine Love/Stay High  -  paper sheets saying "I'll Stay High" or "We'll Stay High" and  first of all "THANK YOU", "MERCI", "GRACIE"....

I will keep my idea to use both paper sides and print on the other side the Valentine words - to avoid thousands of paper sheets to distribute. It shouldn't be seen from the stage as the light will be coming from there. The law of physics is as it is :-)  And to show this side after the first song.

So:

1 - Valentine "greetings" after the first song

2 - hearts (paper ones and glowing) during Tiny Love

3 - I think red balloons are a nice option too - during "Love Today" ? Or Origin of Love?

4 - "Thank You" "I'll Stay High" sheets after Garce Kelly

I have already 500 hearts and I will cut about 200 more. Who is ready to cut hearts too?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

So:

1 - Valentine "greetings" after the first song

2 - hearts (paper ones and glowing) during Tiny Love

3 - I think red balloons are a nice option too - during "Love Today" ? Or Origin of Love?

4 - "Thank You" "I'll Stay High" sheets after Garce Kelly

4 actions ????? 

I'm afraid that it would be a bit too much for the "regular"crowd"  :shocked:  (and a bit  complicated to explain too :naughty: )

As it seems that it'll already be done in Luxembourg a few days before ,I'm not sure that we need the balloons 

Why not using the hearts along with the Valentine's greetings after the first song instead of "Tiny love" (and maybe at the end with the "thank you" messages ) ? So we won't need to take and print too many sheets of paper  ?

13 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I have already 500 hearts and I will cut about 200 more. Who is ready to cut hearts too?

I've already many small hearts too,don't know how much exactly , I can cut some more as I've got some coloured papers left at home

• Like 2

1 hour ago, carafon said:

4 actions ????? 

I'm afraid that it would be a bit too much for the "regular"crowd"  :shocked:  (and a bit  complicated to explain too :naughty: )

As it seems that it'll already be done in Luxembourg a few days before ,I'm not sure that we need the balloons 

Why not using the hearts along with the Valentine's greetings after the first song instead of "Tiny love" (and maybe at the end with the "thank you" messages ) ? So we won't need to take and print too many sheets of paper  ?

That's why Anna suggested to print the papers double-sided, so there are Valentine's greetings and "Stay High / Thank you" messages on the same sheet. I agree with Anna to use the hearts for Tiny Love - it's what we did in London for the start of the tour, that's why I think it's a lovely idea to do it again for the last gig.

Also not sure we need balloons extra, @Anna Ko Kolkowska if we use them maybe OOL is a bit too early if you also want to do the Valentine's messages. How about for Happy Ending? White balloons, as in the video, or heart-shaped balloons... In Cologne in 2012 we had several packs of red and white heart-shaped balloons, the big ones, and Mika really loved it. Or maybe we can just add a few heart-shaped balloons for the Valentine's messages, so it's not too much to remember for those who attend? It's always a bit stressful to have several different things in your pocket and you need to remember which ones to use for what song. :teehee:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mellody said:

It's always a bit stressful to have several different things in your pocket and you need to remember which ones to use for what song. :teehee:

Exactly my thoughts ….:naughty:

I also  kinda wanted to save printed sheets because I won't be able to help you this time

My (very slow) printer is no more reliable ; I think that the "Bercy action" was too much for this old stuff :shocked:

Btw I saw that some fans are using the "revelation tour" ig ,asking for fan action's help 

Could be a good way to find some more help too ?

Edited by carafon
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, mellody said:

That's why Anna suggested to print the papers double-sided, so there are Valentine's greetings and "Stay High / Thank you" messages on the same sheet. I agree with Anna to use the hearts for Tiny Love - it's what we did in London for the start of the tour, that's why I think it's a lovely idea to do it again for the last gig.

Also not sure we need balloons extra

Yes, @carafon - that's why I prefere double-side printed pages.

I can bring some pages - maybe 100 - not more because I will have only my cabin lagguage and the paper is heavy. I think I will print them at the printing point - it's cheap to do and made on the laser printer not the ink one.

As for balloons - I am sure people will bring them anyway - it's so obvious to have heart shape balloons at St Valentine's Day. So we can remove it from our list.

People will do it if  they want :wink2:

11 hours ago, mellody said:

I agree with Anna to use the hearts for Tiny Love - it's what we did in London for the start of the tour, that's why I think it's a lovely idea to do it again for the last gig.

Yes, it's to close the show with the same fan action as at the first show in London - and IMO it's the best action for Tiny Love - not any other song.

1 hour ago, carafon said:

Btw I saw that some fans are using the "revelation tour" ig ,asking for fan action's help 

Yes, it's a good idea. We can spread the message at the begining of February.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, carafon said:

Not sure it's a good idea, as it's a public account, some fans might tag Mika there so it pops up in his Timeline - sure he can read it here as well, but he would specifically have to look for it. So if we want it to be a surprise for him, maybe it's better if @Anna Ko Kolkowska posts it on the French Facebook group, I'm sure many fans who are going to Strasbourg will see it there as well. I can spread the word among the Germans who are coming, but I don't think they'll bring anything except for the glowing hearts.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, mellody said:

Not sure it's a good idea, as it's a public account, some fans might tag Mika there so it pops up in his Timeline - sure he can read it here as well, but he would specifically have to look for it. 

There is no need to give any details ,just to ask the ones who'd like to take part to contact us or to go there 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, carafon said:

Exactly my thoughts ….:naughty:

I also  kinda wanted to save printed sheets because I won't be able to help you this time

My (very slow) printer is no more reliable ; I think that the "Bercy action" was too much for this old stuff :shocked:

5 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Yes, @carafon - that's why I prefere double-side printed pages.

I can bring some pages - maybe 100 - not more because I will have only my cabin lagguage and the paper is heavy. I think I will print them at the printing point - it's cheap to do and made on the laser printer not the ink one.

As for balloons - I am sure people will bring them anyway - it's so obvious to have heart shape balloons at St Valentine's Day. So we can remove it from our list.

People will do it if  they want :wink2:

Yes, it's to close the show with the same fan action as at the first show in London - and IMO it's the best action for Tiny Love - not any other song.

Yes, it's a good idea. We can spread the message at the begining of February.

Hey all, just popping in here with some words about fan actions. Not sure if you're all aware, but we had some issues with the Paris fan action. Alias Productions, the promoter of many of Mika's French shows, messaged me before the show started and said they had heard about our proposed "rainbow" fan action, and that they told security to confiscate a lot of the papers that fans were trying to bring in. The problem, they told me, was that the venue did not want all that paper left behind on the floor to clean up. If there was too big of a mess, they were going to charge US, Mika Fan Club, a clean-up fee!

I spoke to my contact on Mika's team about this. She was waiting to get more info, but she did speak to Alias about the problem. Of course, Christmas and the holiday season came right after, so I have not heard any more yet about what the outcome of all this was.

For that reason, however, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to be very careful with whatever fan actions you decide to undertake and how you promote them. Mika Fan Club does not have a budget, and if the venues start trying to charge us for clean-up after these shows, I'm not sure how we're going to proceed. As I understand it, the venue does charge Mika a cleaning fee (who knew?) but that usually only includes the main floor area -- which is why, I guess, he thinks it's OK to shower everyone with confetti in that area. He knows he's going to have to pay to clean it up anyway. But as much as he loves us and the fan actions, I don't think he's going to be too happy if I ask him to help pay for *additional* clean-up, and I certainly don't have the money to pay for anything. Which means I would have to come back to you, the organizers of the fan actions, to help pay.

This is why the MFC can't officially approve or support fan actions that have the potential to make a mess, at least not until I hear back from Mika's team. We won't retweet or repost any requests you send us, trying to get more participants.

I REALLY hate to be a killjoy or spoilsport, but I'm also not going to be responsible for paying for cleaning up these venues. I'm so sorry. :(

As for contacting the Revelation Tour account -- again, I can't support that, especially not if you're going to say this is a Mika Fan Club-sponsored fan action. The Revelation Tour account is a fan-run account, NOT an official one, but still, I don't think they have the money to pay for cleaning up a venue if the venue management should come back to them.

I want to stress that this is just a temporary situation -- I HOPE. We have never had this issue before, and I'm not sure why it arose so suddenly now. But whatever the reason, I don't want the Mika Fan Club caught in the middle of it.

I appreciate your understanding. And please, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me. And I'll let you know just as soon as I hear back from Mika's team about what we should do going forward. Thanks!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

46 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Hey all, just popping in here with some words about fan actions. Not sure if you're all aware, but we had some issues with the Paris fan action. Alias Productions, the promoter of many of Mika's French shows, messaged me before the show started and said they had heard about our proposed "rainbow" fan action, and that they told security to confiscate a lot of the papers that fans were trying to bring in. The problem, they told me, was that the venue did not want all that paper left behind on the floor to clean up. If there was too big of a mess, they were going to charge US, Mika Fan Club, a clean-up fee!

I spoke to my contact on Mika's team about this. She was waiting to get more info, but she did speak to Alias about the problem. Of course, Christmas and the holiday season came right after, so I have not heard any more yet about what the outcome of all this was.

For that reason, however, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to be very careful with whatever fan actions you decide to undertake and how you promote them. Mika Fan Club does not have a budget, and if the venues start trying to charge us for clean-up after these shows, I'm not sure how we're going to proceed. As I understand it, the venue does charge Mika a cleaning fee (who knew?) but that usually only includes the main floor area -- which is why, I guess, he thinks it's OK to shower everyone with confetti in that area. He knows he's going to have to pay to clean it up anyway. But as much as he loves us and the fan actions, I don't think he's going to be too happy if I ask him to help pay for *additional* clean-up, and I certainly don't have the money to pay for anything. Which means I would have to come back to you, the organizers of the fan actions, to help pay.

This is why the MFC can't officially approve or support fan actions that have the potential to make a mess, at least not until I hear back from Mika's team. We won't retweet or repost any requests you send us, trying to get more participants.

I REALLY hate to be a killjoy or spoilsport, but I'm also not going to be responsible for paying for cleaning up these venues. I'm so sorry. :(

As for contacting the Revelation Tour account -- again, I can't support that, especially not if you're going to say this is a Mika Fan Club-sponsored fan action. The Revelation Tour account is a fan-run account, NOT an official one, but still, I don't think they have the money to pay for cleaning up a venue if the venue management should come back to them.

I want to stress that this is just a temporary situation -- I HOPE. We have never had this issue before, and I'm not sure why it arose so suddenly now. But whatever the reason, I don't want the Mika Fan Club caught in the middle of it.

I appreciate your understanding. And please, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me. And I'll let you know just as soon as I hear back from Mika's team about what we should do going forward. Thanks!

On 1/4/2020 at 2:39 PM, carafon said:

From the experience in Bercy I think that if we're using sheets we definitively have to add something after  the instructions saying "Don't throw this paper on the floor" to avoid any complication

That's the reason why I wrote this ,but if you think that it's better to give it all up ,just tell us as of course we don't want Mika or the MFC to have any problems because of that ( even if we can't avoid the fact that many people would probably have some balloons or papers on their own)

Edited by carafon
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Hey all, just popping in here with some words about fan actions. Not sure if you're all aware, but we had some issues with the Paris fan action. Alias Productions, the promoter of many of Mika's French shows, messaged me before the show started and said they had heard about our proposed "rainbow" fan action, and that they told sec

urity to confiscate a lot of the papers that fans were trying to bring in. The problem, they told me, was that the venue did not want all that paper left behind on the floor to clean up. If there was too big of a mess, they were going to charge US, Mika Fan Club, a clean-up fee!

Hello Deb. I can absolutelly understand your point of view. The situation is pretty strange as you said there was no problem before.

Let's wait for any information from Mika's team.

43 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

As I understand it, the venue does charge Mika a cleaning fee (who knew?) but that usually only includes the main floor area -- which is why, I guess, he thinks it's OK to shower everyone with confetti in that area. He knows he's going to have to pay to clean it up anyway.

Well, so maybe let's think about fan actions only in the main floor area? Less items to distribute and much easier to do. 

Anyway I cannot imagine that all of sudden no fan actions will be allowed!!!! :shocked:

(There are some actions oganized by fans not from MFC as well)

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, carafon said:

That's the reason why I wrote this ,but if you think that it's better to give it all up ,just tell us as of course we don't want Mika to have any problems because of that ( even if we can't avoid the fact that many people would probably have some balloons or papers on their own)

I know, we can't really control what anyone does -- It's just that we want to avoid the appearance that something was organized by the MFC. I don't want anyone to be able to come back to me and say that we're responsible for a mess. As the one fan site that Mika supports -- technically he owns us, after all -- I don't want anything to reflect badly on him... or on us!

23 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Hello Deb. I can absolutelly understand your point of view. The situation is pretty strange as you said there was no problem before.

Let's wait for any information from Mika's team.

Well, so maybe let's think about fan actions only in the main floor area? Less items to distribute and much easier to do. 

Anyway I cannot imagine that all of sudden no fan actions will be allowed!!!! :shocked:

(There are some actions oganized by fans not from MFC as well)

Exactly, there are other groups organizing fan actions all the time. I think it's because we're the biggest group, it makes us the most recognizable.

And this has only happened one time, at a French gig. I'm hopeful that it won't be something that will carry over to other shows. I would be very sad if we couldn't support any fan actions in the future. :(  I hope to have the matter resolved this coming week, once everyone on the team gets back from their holidays. I'll post an update here as soon as possible!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

I know, we can't really control what anyone does -- It's just that we want to avoid the appearance that something was organized by the MFC. I don't want anyone to be able to come back to me and say that we're responsible for a mess. As the one fan site that Mika supports -- technically he owns us, after all -- I don't want anything to reflect badly on him... or on us!

Exactly, there are other groups organizing fan actions all the time. I think it's because we're the biggest group, it makes us the most recognizable.

And this has only happened one time, at a French gig. I'm hopeful that it won't be something that will carry over to other shows. I would be very sad if we couldn't support any fan actions in the future. :(  I hope to have the matter resolved this coming week, once everyone on the team gets back from their holidays. I'll post an update here as soon as possible!

So wait and see ?????

Maybe we just need to come up with more inventive fan actions that don't involve paper?  Or at least with things we can take away, rather than just dump at the end of the gig. :dunno:

• Like 5

Thanks Deb. As the show in Strasbourg is also organized by Alias Productions, although apparently together with a production company called Label-LN, we might have the same problems again. We'll just have to wait what they say, and definitely not plan too big - if they allow fan actions only in the floor area due to cleaning issues, then we just have to reduce it to that area. Let's wait what they say, there's still some time until the gig and I hope the problem will be solved by then.

• Like 4

Hello everyone,

just saw here there are already many things planned for this show. With 7 others fans, we planned something too, we bought approximately 300 fakes roses of many colors (red, pink, white, black, light blue, green, navy blue, orange and yellow) to throw them during OOL... 

It looks like that

Just to let you know :)

Have a good day!

Morgan

image.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MorganM said:

Hello everyone,

just saw here there are already many things planned for this show. With 7 others fans, we planned something too, we bought approximately 300 fakes roses of many colors (red, pink, white, black, light blue, green, navy blue, orange and yellow) to throw them during OOL... 

It looks like that

Just to let you know :)

Have a good day!

Morgan

image.jpeg

Oh, me and some other fans are preparing hand made paper flowers. But we wanted to have only yellow and red ( or rose) colour flowers as in Mika's show these colours are connected with love.

I already proposed paper flowers at the beginning of this thread.

Finally we will do it outside MFC.

IMG_20200101_114323.jpg

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 3

Hi,

According to new Guidlines for fan actions I would like to ask MFC to state if we can promote any of discussed here fan actions on behalf of MFC.

So it concerns:

- colour paper hearts - I think we can have about 1'000 - 1'500 hearts to distribute

- paper sheets with printed Valentine's Day messages on one side and "Thank You" messages on the other side - I think it can be 500-1'000 sheets

- hand made crepon paper flowers with paper straw sticks (it will be ran by me as a "private" fan action) - 200-250 flowers ( I can send them photos of my flowers as the other group of fans wants to use bought paper flowers too)

According to your answer we can send to Alias an official or private request for approval.

And please post the email address on which we can contact Alias Production (and/or an employee name responsible for this sort of contact).

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Wesley Müller said:

It maybe'll be 1st Mika's gig after a 12-year-waiting time and I just can't control myself about it
hehe
Happy Dance GIF

That's a long time between gigs!  Are you in Europe then?