2020 - Mika @ Rokhal Luxembourg, 29 Jan

mellody

Thread for pre-show chat.

The Rokhal is in Esch-sur-Alzette, it has a capacity of about 6,500. Mika has already performed there, the last show of his Imaginarium Tour in May 2010. Here's more info about the venue: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockhal 

Please RSVP here, if you're going:

• Like 2

I'm planning to take my son to this gig, as he's been asking me for a while already whether he can join me on my Mika travels. :teehee:He'll be 5 1/2 then, and from what I remember from 2010, the venue is very children-friendly. Usually at gigs they even have a separate area in front of the stage for children - for Mika they didn't have that the last time, and I don't expect it this time either... but in any case it's explicitly allowed to go also for under 6yo kids. I'll see how it goes, probably I'll have to carry him all evening because he'll be tired. :lmfao:🙈 But I'm happy I get this chance to take him, as long as he's still interested in what his Mum does and he's not at school yet, so we don't have to worry about timing or lack of sleep. :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the infos on the venue, now I understand why there's not categories for the tickets. 

It will be my first show without my parents, my first travel all alone ! It will be very important for me... and it's my birthday's gift, it's 4 days before the show.  :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm just trying to book my journey... anyone here familiar with the trains within Luxembourg? I saw that about every 30 minutes there are trains from Luxembourg Gare to Belval-Université, but I can't find much about the price. On cfl.lu it says there's a ticket that's valid for 2 hours on ALL public transport in Luxembourg, and it costs only 2€ ... is that indeed valid for this connection?! It's very cheap for a 30 minute journey, that's why I'm confused... :dunno: Do children need an extra ticket? Are the trains usually on time?

@mellody I'm not from Luxembourg but I took the trains there a few times in the past weeks and  it does cost only 2€ for public transports in Luxembourg and they are valid for 2 hours ( starts from the moment you buy your ticket). From my experience, the trains are usually on time. I think children need their own ticket but I'm not 100% sure about that 🙂

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have no idea about trains 🤷🏼‍♀️

Is it the same venue like it was when you brought the fishes for « Underwater » ? I thought the name was different 🤔

This one was really tiny, even Mika said so 🤷🏼‍♀️

I guess you will not stay long after the gig @mellody if you have your little son with you ?

I would tell you I can drive you back where you need to go but you know I like taking a chance to see Mika a bit 😉

As I will be alone driving back to France, I think I will book an hotel this time because I might fall asleep... it would make it easier maybe to book the same hotel 😉

4 minutes ago, Sweetieval said:

Is it the same venue like it was when you brought the fishes for « Underwater » ? I thought the name was different 🤔

No it's not 

The tiny venue is "L'atelier" and is closed to the main railway station

The Rockhall is bigger and closed to the airport

1 hour ago, Sweetieval said:

I guess you will not stay long after the gig @mellody if you have your little son with you ?

I would tell you I can drive you back where you need to go but you know I like taking a chance to see Mika a bit 😉

As I will be alone driving back to France, I think I will book an hotel this time because I might fall asleep... it would make it easier maybe to book the same hotel 😉

The Rokhal is the venue where he played 2010, ca. 8000 capacity.

Thanks, we'll stay in the hotel across the street from the venue. Just need to get from and to the big train station, but there's a direct train, so it should be ok. ;)

• Like 1

I'm from Luxembourg. A train ticket for 2 hours costs 2,50 €  and a day ticket costs 4 € . From the train station there is a train that goes to the concert hall, the name of the stop is 'Belval Universite' and the Rockhal is right there.

I'll be coming of course, I wouldn't miss Mika coming to my home country :lux:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

It’s going to be my next Mika’s gig.

So, what fan actions do we plan this time ?

The hearts and papers « We’ve missed you » were top in London 👍🏻

In Lille MIKA enjoyed our pompons and doves 🕊 😉

In Paris, he was really moved by the planes, Andy came with the dogs to say so and say thank you for MIKA 😉

I think he liked the coloured papers even as they were fewer than expected...

Any good ideas ? One month left 😉 

• Like 3

After Paris, I decided not to take my son to Luxemburg - and he also says he doesn't want to go to a standing gig, I think he was happy about his seat in Paris, because he was really tired at times during the gig. His grandma can take him, together with his sister, so I'll be there on my own - everything booked already, so that's still no early queueing for me, but I guess I'll be able to enjoy the gig more if I go alone than with my son, and for him it's better as well. ;)

@Sweetieval there were fan actions at every gig so far, bigger and smaller ones, and I think Mika enjoyed them all. In Brussels a few fans had rainbow hearts for Tiny Love, and he took one... some fans had confetti, others LED balloons - there wasn't one big thing planned, but the gig was fantastic nevertheless.

I liked those LED balloons, maybe we could get a few packs of those, in different rainbow colours? I don't think we can organize something for the whole crowd of 8000 (and *I* certainly don't feel motivated to organize anything big, after the paper disaster in Paris... :aah: ), but 50 or 100 glowing balloons would surely look nice. :)

And/or we could make some pompoms out of our leftover Christmas tinsel, that'd be a nice way of recycling! :lmfao:

• Like 3

Hi

@mellody I understand your son don’t really want to come to Lux

Honestly I was normally taking my 13 years daughter only because my friend Macboll could not come and my daughter had already been to another seated gig with me in AccorHotels Arena where she was fine. But, standing there was different. And queueing was freezing 💨

And moreover, people  felt on the floor just next to me because Mika had thrown his shirt 🤷🏼‍♀️ It could have been dangerous...

That is maybe possible standing with 1,60 m teenager but not a 5 years child...

Even if they have got a special

place for kids in Lux, you would not enjoy the show as you could because you would be worrying too much for him 😉

So yes great ideas these balloons : I am in 👍🏻
I am going to share a room with @carafon and @MayaBelgium, sure they would like to take part in the fan action. If they don’t read here, I will send them a message 😉

Would you please @mellody find a picture of these led balloons on Amazon ? 

I am looking for other spectacular actions we could do but my ideas start to vanish ( I had the doves and the planes, that was a lot of ideas already 😅)

• Like 2

@Sweetieval What they had in Brussels was milky white balloons with a coloured LED inside, that looked pretty cool but I can't find these on Amazon. :dunno: They have just regular coloured LED balloons, like these:

https://www.amazon.de/TURATA-Luftballon-leuchtende-Weihnachten-Valentinstag/dp/B0761QPGXM/

71c8dotDuZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 

What song do you think we should use them for?

• Like 1

Hi

Yes nice idea for the led ballons but they are quite expensive. My husband bought some in a hypermarket yesterday for New Years's eve and he has paid 4 euros for 5 balloons ...

Not sure we could buy a lot of them :winksmiley02:

Like in other shows, 2 fan actions would be good...

I think about another idea but, as it has been a problem to use papers in Paris ... so I don't know what to suggest, actually :wink2:

2 hours ago, Sweetieval said:

Hi

Yes nice idea for the led ballons but they are quite expensive. My husband bought some in a hypermarket yesterday for New Years's eve and he has paid 4 euros for 5 balloons ...

Not sure we could buy a lot of them :winksmiley02:

Like in other shows, 2 fan actions would be good...

I think about another idea but, as it has been a problem to use papers in Paris ... so I don't know what to suggest, actually :wink2:

The link I posted are 30 balloons for 9,99€, that's not very expensive. :dunno: Sure, we won't have thousands, but as I said, I don't think that's necessary.

• Like 1

I've got some "normal" balloons at home , we may mix them with the "lighted" ones ?

I'm also wondering if it won't be better to have the glosticks hearts you wanted for Strasbourg here ,then we'd have all the glow and plastic at the same place ?

Hello

I can buy normal balloons too 😉 but that will be a lot of balloons + Mika’s balloons too 😉

That is not yet Valentine’s week for that gig but Mika loves our hearts...

Wish we could find any soectacular idea like the doves or planes for that gig too 😉

But young french fans were really helpful in that action : most of them are studying and had time to build up things...😉

Maybe we should print up something like « we love Revelation Tour » or so ? 🤔

Still got no ideas 🤷🏼‍♀️
But I will have my car and can bring a lot of stuff...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sweetieval said:

Hello

I can buy normal balloons too 😉 but that will be a lot of balloons + Mika’s balloons too 😉

That is not yet Valentine’s week for that gig but Mika loves our hearts...

Wish we could find any soectacular idea like the doves or planes for that gig too 😉

But young french fans were really helpful in that action : most of them are studying and had time to build up things...😉

Maybe we should print up something like « we love Revelation Tour » or so ? 🤔

Still got no ideas 🤷🏼‍♀️
But I will have my car and can bring a lot of stuff...

During "Big girl" it crossed my mind that it could be funny to create a "track game" with road signs like "this way" ,"stop here" and so on ...

Don't know if it's a good idea  ?????:dunno:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, carafon said:

During "Big girl" it crossed my mind that it could be funny to create a "track game" with road signs like "this way" ,"stop here" and so on ...

Don't know if it's a good idea  ?????:dunno:

dunno if it makes sense, as we never know which way he takes, and it's mostly not the fans in the front he gets close to (apart from 2 places). But it certainly is a funny idea! :lol3: If we consider it, maybe we could do it in a messed up kind of way like in Alice in Wonderland, there are all those signs saying "Up" "Down" "This way" etc, but completely without making sense. :lmfao:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mellody said:

dunno if it makes sense, as we never know which way he takes, and it's mostly not the fans in the front he gets close to (apart from 2 places). But it certainly is a funny idea! :lol3: If we consider it, maybe we could do it in a messed up kind of way like in Alice in Wonderland, there are all those signs saying "Up" "Down" "This way" etc, but completely without making sense. :lmfao:

Yes ,this is the way I imagined it …..a big mess