Mika with Jack Savoretti 'Youth & Love' on BBC Radio2 /19 June 2019

Gabry74

So, is this Jack guy well known in the UK? Never heard of him, I looked him up and saw his current album went to #1 in the UK. The singles don't seem to do very well though.

Some of his music sounds really good, but that song 'Youth and love' sounds pretty boring to me. Although I like the 80s influence. Curious to hear what they did with it.

• Like 3

I'm happy with that good news :biggrin2:

Mika on BBC is always good news :wub2:

I love the radio exposure he's got at the moment :wub2: It's such a pleasure to listen to him :mikalove:

I think he is a lot more on media and that's great :clap: Collabs are always a good idea too :wink2:

Thank you very much for opening the thread Gabry :hug::flowers2:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 6

38 minutes ago, silver said:

I don't think Mika will be there in person - they are just saying that the Jack Savoretti collab will be played tomorrow.

I have to get up for work so I'll check it anyway. If is a song that was changed into a duet with Mika?

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 2

Apparently they already played the song shortly before 8, it's in the recent tracks. I only managed to listen now - has anyone heard it, did they say they'd play it again? And will there be an interview or not? Maybe at least a recorded one...

Edit: just saw the show already started at 6:30, so I guess that was it. 🙄 Did any of you hear it? What's it like, compared to the original song?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, mellody said:

Apparently they already played the song shortly before 8, it's in the recent tracks. I only managed to listen now - has anyone heard it, did they say they'd play it again? And will there be an interview or not? Maybe at least a recorded one...

Edit: just saw the show already started at 6:30, so I guess that was it. 🙄 Did any of you hear it? What's it like, compared to the original song?

I missed it too ! :emot-sad: I was playing the radio almost from the begining and then stopped just for a while to see something else. When I put it back on track I heard: that was Mika and Jack.  :damn:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, mellody said:

Yes they played it just before 8, I luckily managed to hear it. I don't know if there will be any interview or if they will play it again but assume it will be possible to listen to it afterwards. At least I really hope so! I genuinely really liked the song, it's a nice song and I think Mika sounds amazingly beautiful in it. His voice sounds even better than I could remember and not sure how that is even possible. But it's not enough of him of course, it made me even more impatient to hear his voice than I already was. So as a teaser it really works because I really want to hear his singing even more than I already did. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Dominika said:

I missed it too ! :emot-sad: I was playing the radio almost from the begining and then stopped just for a while to see something else. When I put it back on track I heard: that was Mika and Jack.  :damn:

We aren't the only ones... maybe if everyone who missed it tweets to BBC2 and Zoe Ball, they'll play it again? It's not ok to say from 8 and then play it shortly before. 🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yes it is possible to listen back even when the show is still continuing! I didn't realize that at first and feel a bit stupid now. It's a really nice song. Well it's not enough Mika if you ask me (it makes me want more of his voice) but the song is nice and catchy. Mika sounds lovely in it. 

Edited by tiibet
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Finally we will know a guy "J" today ! :thumb_yello:

Mika also went see his concert in Milan last 17th April and he filmed exactly this song "Youth and Love" 🥰

Edited by virgi
  • Like 7