Bass Guitar: Sam Davies

Guitar: Sam Lewis

Assistant, Engineer, Percussion, Programmer, Synthesizer: Tom Visser

Composer, Writer: Cam Blackwood

String Arranger: Davide Rossi

Composer, Writer: Jack Savoretti

Composer, Writer: Samuel Dixon

Composer, Writer: Tom Visser

It says video unavailable, maybe he deleted it? :dunno: Is Mika in it?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mellody said:

It says video unavailable, maybe he deleted it? :dunno: Is Mika in it?

Because of I live in Japan. :japan:

What time is it in Germany ? :germany:

🕛It will appear on midnight ( 00:00 28th June )

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

Because of I live in Japan. :japan:

What time is it in Germany ? :germany:

🕛It will appear on midnight ( 00:00 28th June )

Ah, good point! :lol: It's 00:09 now and... I can see it now! :thumb_yello: thanks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sport Playlists.com

http://sportplaylists.com/jack-savoretti-youth-love

Jack Savoretti links up with Mika on new version of ‘Youth and Love’ single

Off the back of scoring his first #1 album, as well as recent blistering arena performances, Jack Savoretti spends no time resting on his laurels and returns with ‘Youth and Love’, this time reimagined, with a guest appearance from international music star Mika.

Produced by Cam Blackwood, with Mika’s vocals recorded at his home studio in Florence, the track is an infectious 80’s-inspired disco track that features two stunning, contrasting vocalists producing melodies that won’t leave your consciousness.

It received a worldwide exclusive play from Zoe Ball on her BBC Radio 2 Breakfast Show.

Talking of the collaboration, Jack comments; “I have always admired the elegance and theatre of performers like Jacques Brel and Charles Aznavour. I think Mika has what they had, and I am honoured to have him performing on this track.”

Speaking further on the two’s partnership on the track, Mika says; “I’m delighted to be dueting with Jack on his song. I first heard his voice on the radio a few years ago.

“He is soulful and the texture of his voice is such a contrast to mine that it works. Added to that, he is a total gent. It’s not often that you get to collaborate with such a charming class act like him.”

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, WeirdChild said:

I am from the uk, but i have never heard of Jack Savoretti before. I do listen to radio 2, so maybe i will hear the new single 

BBC recommend Jack Savoretti in 2019.

On 9 June 2019,

Jack Savoretti appeared again to The Zoe Ball Breakfast.

Jack Savoretti and Backstage Ball

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0006jnm

at 2h15

He chats to Zoe about Proms in the Park and mentions Mika and Casa Mika.

Here is a short audio clip of the broadcast.

MP3 2019.07.09_The_Zoe_Ball_Jack_Savoretti.m4a

🔊AudioMack 2019-07-09-the-zoe-ball-jack-savoretti

BBC Proms in the Park 2019
https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/eb4mzc

• Like 2

Yesterday I found out few things about Jack Savarotti :biggrin2: First of all my cousin was surprised that anyone else than him listen to Savarotti and other things like he performed in Poland, been on morning tv show and he's got some Polish blood. His grandfather was Polish and his mother is half Polish :biggrin2:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yorkshire Times.co.uk

• 11:00 PM 10th July 2019
Jack Savoretti Interview

His last album, Singing To Strangers went to Number 1 earlier this year and he has recently sold out Wembley Arena.

With an autumn tour just announced, Jack Savoretti is one of the biggest names in music at the moment.

As well as playing festival dates in the UK this summer he is also playing concerts across Europe too where his UK success has been replicated. I spoke to Jack about the tour and the special Leeds concert he performed earlier this year.

You have a new single out at the moment which features Mika, how did that happen?

That's right, the track is Youth and Love.

I met Mika on a TV show in Italy and we got on really well, he always seems very enthusiastic and has this real sense for all things European, he speaks at least six languages too, we have a lot of things in common.

How was the special Leeds show earlier this year you did to launch the album?

It was a wonderful night, I didn't expect so many people to turn up for an album launch. We did it in Church, it's a great venue, as you can guess it used to be a church, now the venues are getting bigger all the time but the Leeds album launch was special because it was just me and the violin player which let the songs shine, I have good memories of that night in Leeds.

You are going out on tour in the U.K. too this autumn?
That's right, my job is to go out there and play live and give people a good time. We have an incredible artist too who is going to be the support act too but I'm not allowed to say who it is at the moment but we are very lucky to have them.

How are things doing across Europe for you?

It's taking off everywhere at the moment: Germany, Italy, in fact I'm playing a gig in Italy at the end of this week. Italy really is like a home from home, my roots go right back to Genoa, the city is one of the best kept secrets in Italy. In fact all of Liguria is under rated, in Genoa you have the architecture, the hills, the funiculars etc it is definitely worth a visit. I suppose Italians have a feeling for anything melodic which goes right back to classical music and the opera, my music tends to be melodic so you can see where my inspiration comes from.

How did the album title, Singing To Strangers come about

It's a true story - my daughter was asked what does your dad do for a living? To which she said "he goes around the world singing to strangers" which is a brilliant and accurate way to describe what I do.

The production on the album has an early 1970's feel, was that intentional?

I wanted to make it romantic sounding, I was listening to a lot of old French and Italian records from the 1960's and wanted to create that romantic feeling that they had with them.

You have some festival gigs coming up in the UK too?

We are doing Tynemouth up in the north, I like doing the festivals as the audience are not always there to see you. Then of course we have the UK tour coming up this autumn. I'm looking forward to it very much.

• Like 1

Irish News

• 04 October, 2019 01:00

Jack Savoretti: 'I don't think about freedom any more – I think about staying alive'

Guitar-wielding troubadour Jack Savoretti has been a stalwart of the pub and cafe circuit for nearly 15 years. But recent times have seen the Londoner of Italian heritage rediscovering his European roots in music and playing the largest gig of his career

IOVANNI 'Jack' Savoretti's career has been marked by towering highs and seemingly impassable lows. At 20 he earned a deal with Natalie Imbruglia's manager and a seat in front of some of the industry's most high-powered music executives, who labelled him the "next big thing".

But within five years he had split from his label, deciding that there was too great a gap between what they wanted him to sound like and the dreamy folk music he wanted to create. The result was a lawsuit and spiralling financial woes.

At the same time his wife, actress Jemma Powell, was expecting their first baby.

It was a dark time and Savoretti was only 25.

2019, however, has been kinder. Savoretti scored his first number one album with Singing to Strangers, collaborated with Kylie and Bob Dylan and played to 12,500 at Wembley Arena.

He finally began to explore his Italian heritage – his family hails from Genoa – in his music and relinquished his rakish troubadour image in favour of something more befitting a man in his 30s with two children, living a quiet life in an Oxfordshire village.

"I hope it wasn't a once in a lifetime moment," he says in warm, deep voice.

"But it definitely was something – the old cliche – that I wouldn't have imagined in my wildest dreams.

"It was interesting to see the crowd at Wembley. When I walked on to the stage I remember it being quite terrifying, I remember being quite overwhelmed by the whole thing, and then when I walked on I felt like the audience felt exactly the same way.

"I felt like our crowd was looking around thinking: 'How did we get here?'

"That immediately settled me in and made me realise that we had all gotten there together.

"It became this intimate setting of basically myself and a lot of our audience, who have been with us for a long time. It was a moment of 'Looks like we are doing alright'.

"You got to some shows, especially at Wembley, and people are there for one song. It was really that everybody here was invested."

Savoretti speaks in long, winding sentences, is humorous and thoughtful, often pausing for thought.

Singing to Strangers, his sixth album, evokes the tobacco-soaked sound of Europe's crooners: Charles Aznavour, Serge Gainsbourg and Jacques Brel.

It marks a major shift. After 15 years of grind he has a fanbase large enough to fill Wembley Arena and funding great enough to record in Ennio Morricone's Rome studio.

It wasn't always like this. Savoretti built his reputation on the toilet circuit, playing bars, cafes and pubs across the UK, sometimes to a small crowd, sometimes to an empty room.

He believes those years were instrumental in his development as both a live performer and a song-writer – but wouldn't want to return to them.

"I wouldn't change it for the world but I hope to god I never have to do it again. Put it that way," he says with a throaty chuckle.

"It taught me everything I know but it was gruelling, man, it's not glamorous. It's hard work. I used to come back from tour with less money than before I left. It wasn't good.

Those circuits were gruelling, they were trying. You're not doing it the way you fantasise about doing it."

Savoretti started young. By 16, he had caught the attention of labels, and by 18 he was signed to De-angelis Records, a small independent label set up by Anne Barrett and Eric Ramon.

Despite his own fortunes, he fears for today's stars (Ariana Grande or Billie Eilish for example) who are thrust into the limelight at ever-younger ages.

"I think getting into music and becoming famous are two different things," he says after a lengthy pause.

"There is never a right age for fame, if you ask me. I don't think you are ever ready for fame – unless that is something you really want.

"That's a whole different game."

"But getting into music, I would say, and I say this to my kids, whatever industry it is, whether it is music of banking, get in as quick as you can and make as many mistakes as you can."

At 35, Savoretti is by no means old. But he feels he is edging close enough to middle-age that his priorities have changed – along with his taste in music.

Instead of the folk-rock and flag-waving songs of the Summer of Love, he is turning to the European crooners of his parent's generation. These voices influenced his most recent album, as well as a peppy collaboration with Mika called Youth & Love.

"Most of the music I discovered as a teenager was 60s American music," he explains.

"But I don't know if it's with age or with me changing too and not being a young kid writing poetry under a tree, getting stoned, but now things have changed I identify more listening to a Charles Aznavour album than I do listening to the Eagles right now.

"I feel like I got that out of my system. Those were different times. I lived my dream of the troubadour and the guitar, looking for freedom and all that. I feel like I got there. I feel like I found my freedom.

"Now I've found my freedom I feel like I have to come to terms with what that means, and what being a man these days means – what being an adult these days means.

"Where I find a lot of comfort and a lot of answers to these questions is in the music of Jacques Borels, Charles Aznavour.

"These incredibly honest depictions of struggle and love and life and death. These are all the things I think about now.

"I don't think about freedom anymore. I think about staying alive... and being a good father and a good husband."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

allmusicitalia.it

:italia:
Jack Savoretti: in radio la nuova versione di “Youth & Love” feat. Mika

E’ uscito Youth & Love, il nuovo singolo del cantautore Jack Savoretti, che per l’occasione ha coinvolto in questa nuova avventura l’eclettico Mika.

Sono passati pochi mesi dall’uscita di Singing To Strangers (BMG), album che ha esordito direttamente in vetta alla classifica degli album più venduti in Inghilterra

(Qui la nostra videointervista di presentazione del progetto).

A questo successo sono seguiti il sold out alla Wembley Arena di Londra e un tour che ha toccato numerose città italiane. Ora, dopo un’ultima tappa italiana al Flowers Festival e dopo aver aperto i concerti americani di Dido, l’artista ha lanciato Youth & Love in una versione inedita.

Il brano, prodotto da Cam Blackwood, ricorda le sonorità degli anni ’80 e il contrasto vocale dei due artisti crea un effetto incredibile e inaspettato.

“Ho sempre ammirato l’eleganza di artisti come Jacques Brel e Charles Aznavour, credo che Mika abbia quel tipo di fascino e sono onorato di aver collaborato con lui su questa nuova versione del brano”.

Queste le parole di Jack Savoretti, alle quali si sono aggiunte quelle di Mika.

“Sono contento di duettare con Jack su questo brano, ho ascoltato per la prima volta la sua voce alla radio alcuni anni fa. E’ pieno di sentimento e il timbro della sua voce crea un forte contrasto che funziona! A questo si aggiunge il fatto che è un gentiluomo e di classe”.

:uk:

Jack Savoretti: the new version of "Youth & Love" feat. Mika

Youth & Love, the new single by singer-songwriter Jack Savoretti, was released, which for the occasion involved the eclectic Mika in this new adventure.

A few months have passed since the release of Singing To Strangers (BMG), an album that made its debut directly at the top of the list of best-selling albums in England

(Here is our video interview to present the project).

This success was followed by the sold out at the Wembley Arena in London and a tour that touched many Italian cities. Now, after a last Italian stop at the Flowers Festival and after opening Dido's American concerts, the artist has launched Youth & Love in an unedited version.

The song, produced by Cam Blackwood, recalls the sounds of the 80s and the vocal contrast of the two artists creates an incredible and unexpected effect.

"I've always admired the elegance of artists like Jacques Brel and Charles Aznavour, I think Mika has that kind of charm and I'm honored to have collaborated with him on this new version of the song."

These are the words of Jack Savoretti, to which Mika's added.

“I'm happy to duet with Jack on this song, I listened to his voice on the radio for the first time a few years ago. It is full of feeling and the timbre of his voice creates a strong contrast that works! Added to this is the fact that he is a gentleman and classy ".

• Like 1