Kumazzz

La Fête De La Musique @NICE 21 June 2019 VIDS/PICS/REPORTS

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, krysady said:

 

I think it's the same interview posted by Eriko above  :wink2:

Oh. I missed it. Thank you. I deleted my post :hypo:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Oh. I missed it. Thank you. I deleted my post :hypo:

Don't worry, there's so many news lately, it can be quite confusing :wink2:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

France Bleu Azur

 

Tous à Nice pour la Fête de la Musique - Mika

 

 

 

 

OobZ94KOO7U.jpg.74b1c1e98ead6b4abe9e38c1ba0d6435.jpg

 

 

 

Here is an interview  translation into English:

 

We are in Nice on Massena Square. Mika is with us. How do you do?

 

Mika: Good. In addition, the weather is beautiful. Summer has been delaying with coming, but it's finally here. What can you know from the sweat that flows down my face. Summer has come.

 

What is your favourite season?

 

Mika: To be honest I like changing seasons. Spring is great. And autumn too. I generally like changes.

 

We can call 2019 the year of Mika. New album ...

 

Mika: It's definitely a year of changes. New record after four years. The release of new music, preparation of performances, concerts all over France, Europe and all over the world ... It's funny that every time I have the impression that it is my first time.

 

You start a new chapter. Actually, you're starting from scratch.

 

Mika: Every time a new album comes out, we start everything from the beginning. Well, maybe we have more experience, so together with the new experience we feelit a little differently.

 

The new disc has a special color. The theme is your name, your official name.

 

Mika: Yes, it's my official name that I never really used. My mother changed my name an hour after my birth. This is my father's name. That's why I'm called "junior". And I thought it was a bit like a literary pseudonym. And that gave me incredible freedom. It allowed me to create an album as if I had never released the first one.

 

This is an album that traveled a lot. You wrote him in the United States, in London and in Italy.

 

Mika: That's right. Written in the States, recorded in Brussels and London, and part was created in Italy when it was very hot. But Italy was at the end of this trip. These were the last weeks of creation. The first weeks were the most difficult, I wrote songs that talk about very personal things. At the end I felt more free, liberated ... and that's why I wrote "Ice Cream". This is a hymn for hot weather, for summer, for cars ... when you open the car door, the hot air from its interior hits you in the face. You feel that you can do everything, but the heat makes you don't want to move and you are frustrated. This is a strange impression that only happens during the biggest summer heat.

 

Don't you have the impression that you are living a double life? In France, in Italy. I watched your Italian program "Stasera Casa Mika" and then The Voice in France. Don't get lost sometimes?

 

Mika: People do not realize ... It's not just France and Italy. People see me differently in Asia, differently in France, in England or in Italy. I do not see it as a double life. I once heard an interview with Mick Jagger. He said that the secret that he managed to survive so many years is that he is like a cameleon. And this idea of changing the skin, and at the same time remaining oneself is very important for the artist. Even more for the artist than for the singer.

 

Are you a cameleon?

 

Mika: Absolutely. I must be to survive. The environment is changing, the panorama is changing. And sometimes we want to match our colors to the surroundings to disappear. But from time to time you have to get out from the background and take on vivid colors. And that's what I did while preparing a new album.

 

There is also a beautiful song from the TV series "La Compagna del Cigno".

 

Mika: "La Compagna del Cigno" is the series that probably had the greatest success this year in Italy. It tells the story of a group of young musicians from the conservatory in Milan. It's a bit like the movie "Fame" from the eighties, but it's about classical music and it's happening nowadays. My friend shot it, so I just gave him the song. It's funny that over time I make friends with people who are very creative and this causes some kind of cooperation and exchange of ideas. Eight years ago, such things did not happen to me. Now it happens more often. And I really like it because I feel less lonely.

 

Parents can not tell which of their children they love the most because they love them all. But which song is your favorite on the new album and why?

 

Mika: I hope my parents would say that I am their favorite child. But I know that it is definitely not me. It's my fantasy that I'm their favorite. And when it comes to the song, there is a beautiful song on the album called "Paloma". But above all, there is a song you will hear soon and it is called "Tiny Love". This is an amazing song. Just amazing. So amazing that I did not want to publish it as the first sigle. The first part of this song lasts 4 minutes. And then there is the second part, which lasts three and a half minutes. This song breaks all patterns. It's a kind of landscape in which almost nothing is repeated. It's a kind of love letter to love. It talks about how thanks to love you can survive everything.

 

We are on Massena Square. The weather is beautiful. It's summer. We have a Music Festival ...

 

Mika: And that makes me think about my childhood. I have been walking around this square hundreds of times since I was one year old. Every year, every summer, in September, I came here with my mother and my family. Not far from here, my sister Paloma was born at the flower market. She began to leave my mother's belly - literally - at the flower market. It was the morning of July 8. So, this city, this place is part of my childhood.

 

And your life.

 

Mika: And my life.

 

And the city of Villeneuve-Loubet.

 

Mika: Ah, yes. Villenueve-Loubet. A member of my family had a home there. We landed there like a bunch of pirates. In the eighties, we invaded this house by traveling from London in our Toyota Previa filled to the brim with olive oil, noodles, canned tuna ... all we needed to celebrate holiday time.

 

And the last question. On the stage of "La Fete de la Musique" you are surrounded by a hundred of dancers from the "Spotlight" school of Nice.

 

Mika: Yes, "Spotlight". They have great energy. There is something strange. Dancers are often present in TV now. What can make a show stand out is the energy radiating from the people who perform. When I saw these young people on stage, I saw in their eyes the joy of being here. They give more of joy than 40 professional dancers. This hundred is so eager to perform that you can not help but smile at them. It gives me energy.

 

Thank you for the conversation. Can we make an appointment that one day we will go together for an ice cream in Nice?

 

Mika: Of course. What is your favorite taste?

 

Pistachio.

 

Mika: Oh, mine too. We are made for each other!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sara penny said:

Grazie mille.Puoi mettere anche quella di Golden Pop? 

@Sara penny

we are talking at

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2019 at 7:06 AM, Kumazzz said:

France Bleu Azur

 

Tous à Nice pour la Fête de la Musique - Mika

 

 

 

 

OobZ94KOO7U.jpg.74b1c1e98ead6b4abe9e38c1ba0d6435.jpg

 

 

On 6/23/2019 at 2:43 AM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

 

 

Here is an interview  translation into English:

 

We are in Nice on Massena Square. Mika is with us. How do you do?

 

Mika: Good. In addition, the weather is beautiful. Summer has been delaying with coming, but it's finally here. What can you know from the sweat that flows down my face. Summer has come.

 

What is your favourite season?

 

Mika: To be honest I like changing seasons. Spring is great. And autumn too. I generally like changes.

 

We can call 2019 the year of Mika. New album ...

 

Mika: It's definitely a year of changes. New record after four years. The release of new music, preparation of performances, concerts all over France, Europe and all over the world ... It's funny that every time I have the impression that it is my first time.

 

You start a new chapter. Actually, you're starting from scratch.

 

Mika: Every time a new album comes out, we start everything from the beginning. Well, maybe we have more experience, so together with the new experience we feelit a little differently.

 

The new disc has a special color. The theme is your name, your official name.

 

Mika: Yes, it's my official name that I never really used. My mother changed my name an hour after my birth. This is my father's name. That's why I'm called "junior". And I thought it was a bit like a literary pseudonym. And that gave me incredible freedom. It allowed me to create an album as if I had never released the first one.

 

This is an album that traveled a lot. You wrote him in the United States, in London and in Italy.

 

Mika: That's right. Written in the States, recorded in Brussels and London, and part was created in Italy when it was very hot. But Italy was at the end of this trip. These were the last weeks of creation. The first weeks were the most difficult, I wrote songs that talk about very personal things. At the end I felt more free, liberated ... and that's why I wrote "Ice Cream". This is a hymn for hot weather, for summer, for cars ... when you open the car door, the hot air from its interior hits you in the face. You feel that you can do everything, but the heat makes you don't want to move and you are frustrated. This is a strange impression that only happens during the biggest summer heat.

 

Don't you have the impression that you are living a double life? In France, in Italy. I watched your Italian program "Stasera Casa Mika" and then The Voice in France. Don't get lost sometimes?

 

Mika: People do not realize ... It's not just France and Italy. People see me differently in Asia, differently in France, in England or in Italy. I do not see it as a double life. I once heard an interview with Mick Jagger. He said that the secret that he managed to survive so many years is that he is like a cameleon. And this idea of changing the skin, and at the same time remaining oneself is very important for the artist. Even more for the artist than for the singer.

 

Are you a cameleon?

 

Mika: Absolutely. I must be to survive. The environment is changing, the panorama is changing. And sometimes we want to match our colors to the surroundings to disappear. But from time to time you have to get out from the background and take on vivid colors. And that's what I did while preparing a new album.

 

There is also a beautiful song from the TV series "La Compagna del Cigno".

 

Mika: "La Compagna del Cigno" is the series that probably had the greatest success this year in Italy. It tells the story of a group of young musicians from the conservatory in Milan. It's a bit like the movie "Fame" from the eighties, but it's about classical music and it's happening nowadays. My friend shot it, so I just gave him the song. It's funny that over time I make friends with people who are very creative and this causes some kind of cooperation and exchange of ideas. Eight years ago, such things did not happen to me. Now it happens more often. And I really like it because I feel less lonely.

 

Parents can not tell which of their children they love the most because they love them all. But which song is your favorite on the new album and why?

 

Mika: I hope my parents would say that I am their favorite child. But I know that it is definitely not me. It's my fantasy that I'm their favorite. And when it comes to the song, there is a beautiful song on the album called "Paloma". But above all, there is a song you will hear soon and it is called "Tiny Love". This is an amazing song. Just amazing. So amazing that I did not want to publish it as the first sigle. The first part of this song lasts 4 minutes. And then there is the second part, which lasts three and a half minutes. This song breaks all patterns. It's a kind of landscape in which almost nothing is repeated. It's a kind of love letter to love. It talks about how thanks to love you can survive everything.

 

We are on Massena Square. The weather is beautiful. It's summer. We have a Music Festival ...

 

Mika: And that makes me think about my childhood. I have been walking around this square hundreds of times since I was one year old. Every year, every summer, in September, I came here with my mother and my family. Not far from here, my sister Paloma was born at the flower market. She began to leave my mother's belly - literally - at the flower market. It was the morning of July 8. So, this city, this place is part of my childhood.

 

And your life.

 

Mika: And my life.

 

And the city of Villeneuve-Loubet.

 

Mika: Ah, yes. Villenueve-Loubet. A member of my family had a home there. We landed there like a bunch of pirates. In the eighties, we invaded this house by traveling from London in our Toyota Previa filled to the brim with olive oil, noodles, canned tuna ... all we needed to celebrate holiday time.

 

And the last question. On the stage of "La Fete de la Musique" you are surrounded by a hundred of dancers from the "Spotlight" school of Nice.

 

Mika: Yes, "Spotlight". They have great energy. There is something strange. Dancers are often present in TV now. What can make a show stand out is the energy radiating from the people who perform. When I saw these young people on stage, I saw in their eyes the joy of being here. They give more of joy than 40 professional dancers. This hundred is so eager to perform that you can not help but smile at them. It gives me energy.

 

Thank you for the conversation. Can we make an appointment that one day we will go together for an ice cream in Nice?

 

Mika: Of course. What is your favorite taste?

 

Pistachio.

 

Mika: Oh, mine too. We are made for each other!

 

 

a same video on YouTube

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.