Puresession Mika on Facebook live mini concert plus interview 26/06/2019

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Today at 6pm Mika sang live on Facebook page Pure Charts.

Ice Cream, Grace Kelly and a cover She's Always a Woman.

Then a short interview about new album.

It reminds me his old good times. His acoustics are perfect.  :fangurl:

• Like 5

Anything interesting in the interview? Didn't get to watch that part yet - and if I tried, I'd probably put the songs on loop instead, can't get enough of that! :lmfao:🙈

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, mellody said:

Anything interesting in the interview? Didn't get to watch that part yet - and if I tried, I'd probably put the songs on loop instead, can't get enough of that! :lmfao:🙈

I always find something interesting in each interview. Here Mika talks about Doriand and Philippe Caterine - they recorded some songs in December as "Danser entre Hommes" :lol3:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I always find something interesting in each interview. Here Mika talks about Doriand and Philippe Caterine - they recorded some songs in December as "Danser entre Hommes" :lol3:

Like, as a band with that name? Lol! :teehee: Will that be released?

Did he mention anything new about his album apart from the usual story about his family and his name? Like, more song titles or stories behind songs?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mellody said:

Like, as a band with that name? Lol! :teehee: Will that be released?

Did he mention anything new about his album apart from the usual story about his family and his name? Like, more song titles or stories behind songs?

Sorry I don't have time to translate the whole interview.

But he said that this time he decided to make the promo on TV in one unified way. So there will be one pattern for all shows.

There will not be any song in French. The concept of the album is that the songs are from the consciousness level and he did not want to jump into interpretation of his thoughts (to sing the same he thinks).

And coming back to Doriand: People think sometimes that Doriand is/was Mika's lover. No. He has this dandy attitude and it matches with Mika's image. But they have never ever been lovers  :lol3:

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Thanks 2

Pure Break

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/MIKA/interview-110578.html

Mika en interview : "Je ne voulais plus chanter, je devais retrouver ce désir"

En attendant la sortie de son nouvel album "My Name Is Michael Holbrook", emmené par le single "Ice Cream", Mika se confie en interview vidéo à Pure Charts : son retour, pourquoi il ne chantera pas en français sur le disque, ses influences... Regardez !
Mika est prêt à écrire une nouvelle page. Le 4 octobre, le chanteur publiera son cinquième album studio, baptisé "My Name Is Michael Holbrook". « Je n'ai pas écrit pendant deux ans, j'étais bloqué. Je ne voulais plus chanter (...) Je devais retrouver cette envie, ce désir » a-il confié en interview à Pure Charts, lors de sa Pure Session où il a interprété son nouveau single "Ice Cream", son tube "Grace Kelly" et une reprise de "She's Always a Woman" de Billy Joel. Pour trouver l'inspiration et « un petit grain de nouveauté », l'artiste s'est envolé dans le Sud des Etats-Unis, sur la trace de ses ancêtres. « Le fait que ça m'a déstabilisé, ça a jeté une nouvelle lumière sur moi-même. C'était le grain, je savais que je l'avais (...) Le reste a suivi » a analysé Mika, décrivant son nouvel album comme « un retour aux sources où je brûle tout ce qu'il se passe avant et je recommence ».

Un album de "pop extrêmement joyeuse"

Pour enregistrer ses nouvelles chansons, Mika a improvisé un studio chez lui aux Etats-Unis puis dans une petite maison en Toscane, en Italie : « Je voulais être le mec qui avait écrit le premier album "Life in Cartoon Motion" ». S'il a ressenti la volonté de « (se) révéler à (lui)-même », l'interprète de "Golden" assure pourtant que son album ne sera pas mélancolique. « Mais non, c'est totalement l'inverse ! » a expliqué Mika, teasant une orientation « pop extrêmement joyeuse (...) avec la mélodie, avec du rythme » : « Si on va pleurer, c'est toujours mieux de le faire en dansant ». Au micro de Pure Charts, l'artiste a révélé que son projet ne contiendrait pas de chanson en français : « Comme je voulais que ce soit transparent, presque la conscience qui parle, je ne voulais pas d'interprétation (...) C'est pour ça que j'ai pris la décision de ne pas chanter en français ».

Sur son single "Ice Cream", Mika a eu envie de faire ressortir son côté malicieux afin d'« exprimer le désir ». « C'était la fin de l'écriture de l'album, qui a pris deux ans. Je me sentais assez libre parce que j'avais franchi des thèmes et des choses personnelles dans l'écriture de l'album qui étaient assez lourds. Vers la fin, je me sentais plutôt malin, plutôt fun dans l'esprit. Il faisait très chaud, c'était fin août (...) Quand il fait chaud, on a plein de choses qui se passent dans le tête et dans le corps. (...) Tout est possible et en même temps rien n'est possible car on est bloqué par la chaleur » a-t-il confié, assumant une inspiration d'INXS et George Michael, incarnant la « pop irrévérente des années 90 ». Un programme alléchant !

:uk: Google translator

Spoiler

Mika in interview: "I did not want to sing anymore, I had to find this desire"

Until the release of his new album "My Name is Michael Holbrook," led by the single "Ice Cream," Mika says video interview with Pure Charts: his return, why he did not sing in French on the disc, its influences ... Look!
Mika is ready to write a new page. On October 4, the singer will release his fifth studio album, named "My Name Is Michael Holbrook". "I did not write for two years, I was stuck. I did not want to sing (...) I was supposed to meet this desire, this desire "has he told in an interview to Pure Charts at its Pure Session where he performed his new single" Ice Cream ", his hit" Grace Kelly "and a cover of" She's Always a Woman "by Billy Joel. To find inspiration and "a little grain of novelty", the artist flew to the South of the United States, on the trail of his ancestors. "The fact that it destabilized me has thrown a new light on me. It was the grain, I knew I had it (...) The rest followed "analyzed Mika, describing his new album as" a return to the sources where I burn everything that happens before and I start again ".

An album of "extremely happy pop"

To save his new songs, Mika improvised studio at home in the United States and then in a small house in Tuscany, Italy: "I wanted to be the guy who wrote the first album" Life in Cartoon Motion '. " If he felt the desire to "reveal himself (himself)", the interpreter of "Golden" ensures that his album will not be melancholy. "But no, it's totally the opposite ! Explained Mika, teasing an "extremely joyful pop (...) orientation with the melody, with rhythm": "If we're going to cry, it's always better to do it while dancing". At the microphone of Pure Charts, the artist revealed that his project would not contain a song in French: "As I wanted it to be transparent, almost the consciousness that speaks, I did not want interpretation (...) C That's why I made the decision not to sing in French. "

On his single "Ice Cream", Mika wanted to bring out her mischievous side to "express the desire". "It was the end of the writing of the album, which took two years. I felt pretty free because I had gone through themes and personal things in the writing of the album that were quite heavy. Towards the end, I felt pretty smart, rather fun in the spirit. It was very hot, it was late August (...) When it's hot, we have plenty of things happening in the head and body. (...) Everything is possible and at the same time nothing is possible because it is blocked by the heat, "he confided, taking inspiration INXS and George Michael, embodying the" irreverent pop of the 90s ". An attractive program!

Dailymotion

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6/27/2019 at 10:01 AM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Sorry I don't have time to translate the whole interview.

But he said that this time he decided to make the promo on TV in one unified way. So there will be one pattern for all shows.

There will not be any song in French. The concept of the album is that the songs are from the consciousness level and he did not want to jump into interpretation of his thoughts (to sing the same he thinks).

And coming back to Doriand: People think sometimes that Doriand is/was Mika's lover. No. He has this dandy attitude and it matches with Mika's image. But they have never ever been lovers  :lol3:

Mika repeated it several times, so that we understand that with Doriand they are not lovers.
On the other hand, at the end of the interview, he suggests to the journalist (whom he seems to find very much to his liking) to dance between men. :roftl:

Spoiler

Ok, it's reciprocal!

image.thumb.png.fcd41f2793a7fbdebec8a6f5e82755af.png

Edited by Loo
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Loo said:

Mika repeated it several times, so that we understand that with Doriand they are not lovers.
On the other hand, at the end of the interview, he suggests to the journalist (whom he seems to find very much to his liking) to dance between men. :roftl:

Reveal hidden contents

Ok, it's reciprocal!

image.thumb.png.fcd41f2793a7fbdebec8a6f5e82755af.png

Yes. It was so funny that he repeated several times they were never lovers with Doriand 😋😋😋😋 Or maybe he just likes a word "lover" ???? 🙄 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Yes. It was so funny that he repeated several times they were never lovers with Doriand 😋😋😋😋 Or maybe he just likes a word "lover" ???? 🙄 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Spoiler

"Doriand is not my lover."  image.thumb.png.0b4dd113ab297f9d910e41b59c9a23a2.png

"We haven't even kissed, not even once."  image.thumb.png.ee653f9f3d1c724f26bdae942fb58a61.png

You don't feel regret at all!  :biggrin2:

The gesture of the last 13 seconds!  :roftl:

Edited by Loo
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Loo said:

From what I understand he was referring at the song that he, Doriand and Phillipe Katerine have been recorded some time ago in the studio as a trio and the name of the song it's "Danse Entre Hommes" , I guess for Doriand's album. This is the post from IG: 

• Like 1

Yes, he says it's the name of their trio.

That this song will not be on his album, but that this dance between men is not a paso doble!  :biggrin2:

Edited by Loo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Loo said:

Yes, he says it's the name of their trio.

That this song will not be on his album, but that this dance between men is not a paso doble!  :biggrin2:

Yes. "Danse entre hommes" IS the name of the trio. And it's not Mika's project but completely separate thing. Mika said as well that the trio is incredible so let's wait 😁😁😁😁

• Like 2

On 6/27/2019 at 1:25 AM, Kumazzz said:

Three parts of the Pure sessions.  ( 720p )

ICE CREAM ( 40.9mB )

GRACE KELLY ( 49.5MB )

She's Always a Woman ( 59MB )

Thanks a million Eriko 💐🌸🌹🌺 :hug: I love all those three acoustic songs by Mika so much :cloud:and now I can listen to them on repeat :swoon: I'm fangurling so much listening to them :fangurl:

• Like 5