2019 - Contact FM #GrandLive in Laon 28 June REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

Kumazzz

mikainstagram

🌈 I’ve been wanting to say this for a while. This evening, walking around @villedelaon before a show, I came across this street all covered with multicolored umbrellas.

An unexpected 🌈 sky in a medieval street a few steps away from a monumental Gothic cathedral. I thought I would take this opportunity to wish everyone a happy #pride weekend. It’s not always easy to be proud.

Sometimes it takes a while to get there and the journey can be painful and scary.

Sometimes it has to be fought for. God knows how many people have fought suffered and died for it.

I owe my own #pride to all those brave men and women who fought and risked everything for the more tolerant and accepting world I am able to live in. I will not take it for granted and hope to do it justice. There is so much more to accomplish but right now I just want to say thanks. Thank you to those who paved the way; the activists, the writers, protesters, journalists. The artists, the singers, the tolerant sisters, brothers, mothers and fathers who accept and love instead of hate. My family. My mother and father and siblings.

My friends. But also to those teachers of my childhood who knew I was gay before I ever came out to anyone. Who cultured what they saw as an asset and protected me. Allowing me to find a way to shine, overcome fear and to eventually be #proud of who I am.

Thank you. A part of you stays with me always. Happy #pride everyone Mika x

64545037_2321081724627224_4184452081979017688_n.thumb.jpg.4c090b3e6107fa0787c2e999b61798bf.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • silver changed the title to 2019 - Contact FM #GrandLive in Laon 28 June REPORTS/PICS/VIDS