Hello Bonjour !

Florine

Hello everyone !

I'm new here, Ii just joined the fan club.

My name is Florine, I live in France and I'm 25.

I don't want to bother you in here, I'm not used to talk with other people. I'm fan of Mika since many many years and like a lot of us -i guess- I discover him with Relax. Then he was a phenomen and I fell in love with him since I was too young to understand what it was to love an artist.

I'm a lonely person. I was bullied in school. I'm not here to complain or to excessively share my life but I just want to make sure you all knows how much Mika can mean to me. He's a light in my darkness. I'm probably not as fan as a many of you could be but I truly truly love and admire him. I saw him on stage twice during his last Tour and it was amazing.

As I said before, I'm a lonely person. I have no Real Life friends and I spend all my days alone, except when I'm with my brother who I love really much. I 'm not used to be with other people but I think that it is really really hard to live a passion alone that's why I wanted to try to rejoin a community. I don't know if I have a place here, maybe I'm too late or too "bizarre" but anyway I'm thankful to all of you who are going to read my message !!

• Like 7

Hi Florine and welcome to the MFC :bye:

Lots of shy people here who don't talk much (at first), but we all share your love of Mika.  Will you be seeing him when he tours this year?

• Like 1

Hello Florine and welcome to the MFC.  :welcomeani: I'm sure you'll find lovely people here as I did. I'm also a shy person  but over the years and the different situations in life, have made me open a little more and Mika has helped me in this. I hope you enjoy this forum and if you need help do not hesitate to ask.

Maybe for your shyness, something that can help you  is to talk with other Mika fans in your own language and share you love for Mika with them, and who knows, maybe you will be able to meet one of them in the next concerts and you will not feel so alone, so, I leave you the french thread. 

Edited by Mikasister
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, silver said:

Hi Florine and welcome to the MFC :bye:

Lots of shy people here who don't talk much (at first), but we all share your love of Mika.  Will you be seeing him when he tours this year?

Thank you !

Yes i actually have my tickets for 3 show so I'm very happy and excited !

It's something very beautiful to be able to share our love for him!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

Hello Florine and welcome to the MFC.  :welcomeani: I'm sure you'll find lovely people here as I did. I'm also a shy person  but over the years and the different situations in life, have made me open a little more and Mika has helped me in this. I hope you enjoy this forum and if you need help do not hesitate to ask.

Maybe for your shyness, something that can help you  is to talk with other Mika fans in your own language and share you love for Mika with them, and who knows, maybe you will be able to meet one of them in the next concerts and you will not feel so alone, so, I leave you the french thread. 

Thank you for your kindness :)

Thank you for sharing the thread, it's a very large community and it's really beautiful to see the fans from all around the world here. Yes, I think it's easier to talk in our own language, I guess I'm gonna try !

But I don't know how it is with english or italians fans but in France you constantly feel like all the people knows everyone and they are apart. They are a group and if you're not in this group then you don't deserve to be a fan of Mika. When I was at a concert, girls who acted like they were Mika's friends put me down. They didn't recognize me because I wasn't there for years and I wasn't in the group so they told me not to be at the first row during the show and they told me I didn't deserve to hae the love of Mika or to be a fan. So I almost spent the whole show crying. I was so ashamed and terrified to talk in the Mika fan community 'til today.

• Sad 4

12 minutes ago, Florine said:

Thank you for sharing the thread, it's a very large community and it's really beautiful to see the fans from all around the world here. Yes, I think it's easier to talk in our own language, I guess I'm gonna try !

But I don't know how it is with english or italians fans but in France you constantly feel like all the people knows everyone and they are apart. They are a group and if you're not in this group then you don't deserve to be a fan of Mika. When I was at a concert, girls who acted like they were Mika's friends put me down. They didn't recognize me because I wasn't there for years and I wasn't in the group so they told me not to be at the first row during the show and they told me I didn't deserve to hae the love of Mika or to be a fan. So I almost spent the whole show crying. I was so ashamed and terrified to talk in the Mika fan community 'til today.

I'm really sad to read that. It is so unfair. 

It is always good to surround yourself with the appropriate people and here there are loving fans that will surely help you. I'm sure Mika would not like this kind of behavior and whoever does it is not a fan of Mika. Being a fan does not mean knowing everything about the artist or attending 100 concerts, it is supporting him, his music and buying it, at least that's what I think.

Don't worry. I think you are in the right place and you'll fine the right people. :hug:

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, Florine said:

This is terrible behaviour from people who call themselves fans - Mika would be ashamed to hear of this sort of thing.  I hope they weren't MFC members.

There are always small cliques who think they are "special", but I have always believed that the MFC tries very hard to be inclusive and not shut people out.  When I've met Mika fans at gigs who are not MFCers, I just encourage them to join! 

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, silver said:

This is terrible behaviour from people who call themselves fans - Mika would be ashamed to hear of this sort of thing.  I hope they weren't MFC members.

There are always small cliques who think they are "special", but I have always believed that the MFC tries very hard to be inclusive and not shut people out.  When I've met Mika fans at gigs who are not MFCers, I just encourage them to join! 

The work here is amazing because you made us a family. You don't let anyone being an outsider and I think that's why it's a very special site. 

I'm not as informed about Mika as they were becuse alone I don't know how to inform myself or how to discover a lot of things about him. What he likes etc but even if I'm "not like them" they should at least leave me alone. I was bullying this day and now when I think about those moments I though that it was very unfair from them considering of what Mika could think of them. 

Welcome to the MFC and have a lot of fun here. I´m Sabine from Germany. Of course you have your place here and this is the best place to learn more about Mika. I´m sorry you experienced such a bad behaviour at a concert in France but beleive me I know a lot of fans from France and they all were always very nice and helpful when I met them. Of course there are groups who are more friends than others but I never was excluded by the French fans from MFC. And during the time I met fans who are real life friends now and who mean a lot to me thanks to Mika. 

• Like 2

Hi Florine 

Believe me ,you can live a happy fan's life without being in first row !

(I've never been there and I'm living at ease with that ,  just being proud I didn't change just "to be in the place you have to be " )

Mika is singing for everyone  from the first to the last row , and being "the best fan" doesn't mean being the best human being … :wink2:

So ,don't care about the ones that rejected you and don't worry ,you can meet friendly people on second or third round as well as here :thumb_yello: 

By the way what are the gigs you're going to ?

(I think that having an appointment before the show could help you to find your place among the fans)

I guess Strasbourg is one of them ???? :naughty:

Edited by carafon
  • Like 4

Welcome Florine! Find your place here, it's a big forum (very big) but there's a place for everyone.  :huglove:

I do know people who regularly exhibit the indecent behaviour you describe, but you shouldn't worry, because they are actually people who are suffering emotionally.
They think that being as close as possible to Mika, as often as possible, gives them special rights over him. And that is absolutely not the case.
Even if he accepts gifts and parties, he doesn't believe he owes them anything more than to the other fans, who, as Alba said, support him in other ways.

In addition, this is group harassment, a behaviour that Mika hates. So you can be sure that even if they think they are, they are absolutely not in Mika's heart!

So enjoy your arrival here and the new friends you will make, as well as the real life around you.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sabine64 said:

Welcome to the MFC and have a lot of fun here. I´m Sabine from Germany. Of course you have your place here and this is the best place to learn more about Mika. I´m sorry you experienced such a bad behaviour at a concert in France but beleive me I know a lot of fans from France and they all were always very nice and helpful when I met them. Of course there are groups who are more friends than others but I never was excluded by the French fans from MFC. And during the time I met fans who are real life friends now and who mean a lot to me thanks to Mika. 

Hello and thank you for your kind words! we're almost neighboor because I live between France and Germany !

I try to be a positive person and I can't wait to be at the future show, maybe this will be the chance for me to meet great and kind people !!

6 hours ago, carafon said:

Hi Florine 

Believe me ,you can live a happy fan's life without being in first row !

(I've never been there and I'm living at ease with that ,  just being proud I didn't change just "to be in the place you have to be " )

Mika is singing for everyone  from the first to the last row , and being "the best fan" doesn't mean being the best human being … :wink2:

So ,don't care about the ones that rejected you and don't worry ,you can meet friendly people on second or third round as well as here :thumb_yello: 

By the way what are the gigs you're going to ?

(I think that having an appointment before the show could help you to find your place among the fans)

I guess Strasbourg is one of them ???? :naughty:

Hello :) thank you very much for your words, it means a lot to me.

I like the way you see things. Deep down in me I know that Ii love Mika for myself, I don't really need to be surrounded by anyone else to love him but it's always painful when people who seems to be very fan as you are told you that you are not loved by the artist himself. But anyway, I'm here to start a new beginning and I'm already so so glad !

Yeah I think it would be nice to have an appointment! I'm going in Montbéliard, Dijon and Bercy. Of course Strasbourg is on my list !!!!!! 😎

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Loo said:

Welcome Florine! Find your place here, it's a big forum (very big) but there's a place for everyone.  :huglove:

I do know people who regularly exhibit the indecent behaviour you describe, but you shouldn't worry, because they are actually people who are suffering emotionally.
They think that being as close as possible to Mika, as often as possible, gives them special rights over him. And that is absolutely not the case.
Even if he accepts gifts and parties, he doesn't believe he owes them anything more than to the other fans, who, as Alba said, support him in other ways.

In addition, this is group harassment, a behaviour that Mika hates. So you can be sure that even if they think they are, they are absolutely not in Mika's heart!

So enjoy your arrival here and the new friends you will make, as well as the real life around you.

I was thinking about Mika back then, he certainly do not approve those kind of behavior. It's sad because I think we should be as kind and nice as he wants us to be, as fans we have to be an example. Anyway, I'm here to have a new beginning and thanks to people like you it's a good start.

Do you think Mik knows there are people like me, like us who loves him without being always there ?

Hello Florine and welcome to the MFC!  :welcomeani:

You don't have to worry, everybody has their place here!  We just enjoy the same passion, and you will find that a lot of Mika fans have the same kind of background as you :wink2:

I admit that I myself am part of a group of fans who are lucky to be able to follow Mika around quite a lot, but in the end it's just different individual Mika fans who managed to become very good friends.  I hope you will be able to find that yourself.   In the meantime, have fun here!!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Florine said:

Hi Florine :bye:

I am French too and I am so sorry you had a bad experience with French Mika fans :tears:

Not everyone is that way I promise you :itsok:

MFCers are usually very friendly.

I am sure if you get to know fans through the forum and you meet them at concerts it will be totally different :group_hug:

When I was at Bobital and lots of drunk people were there and pushing us to the point that a few fans fell we were all holding on to each other,  it was the opposite.

Maybe wearing an MFC badge at concerts would be a good idea.

I think the best way to treat those people who are mean is to ignore them. They have no idea what a good Mika fan is and no right to say such things to you. Each fan's love has the same worth for Mika and that is the truth. :hug:

What concerts will you go to? I'm going to Nantes. (Maybe to Caen but I don't know if that will work out)

I hope you get to meet Mika and talk with him after a concert during this tour because it is one of the most wonderful feelings in the world :wub2:

I'm glad you decided to join MFC and I wish you a happy peaceful time here. Sending you a huge wave of love,  hugs and kisses :huglove::huglove::huglove:

You can pm me anytime in French I'll be happy to chat with you :thumb_yello:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Florine said:

I was thinking about Mika back then, he certainly do not approve those kind of behavior. It's sad because I think we should be as kind and nice as he wants us to be, as fans we have to be an example. Anyway, I'm here to have a new beginning and thanks to people like you it's a good start.

Do you think Mik knows there are people like me, like us who loves him without being always there ? 

He knows a lot of things without showing it, don't worry!  :thumb_yello:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Florine said:

Mika knows more than we can imagine and he has a good memory, I swear. :yes:  

• Like 2

Florine, hello and welcome to the MFC! I'm Sara :bye:

I'm a very introverted and shy person and that's what I wrote in my very first post here. People started telling me about their shyness and one of those comments made me find one of the most precious friends I have. Everyone made me feel so welcome, I found support, unity, friendship. Something that started as a passion became more than that. As a person who never felt like I was belonging, I found my place in Mika's universe. MFC is the place where people could get this, as well as all the emotions this journey brings and that no one outside of the "bubble" could see the same way. So yes, I promise, you do have a place here. People can be mean, and unfortunately it also happens where you least expect it, but it's full of kind and caring people as well and I'm sure you're gonna find them here! Have an amazing stay :hug:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Hi Florine :bye:

I am French too and I am so sorry you had a bad experience with French Mika fans :tears:

Not everyone is that way I promise you :itsok:

MFCers are usually very friendly.

I am sure if you get to know fans through the forum and you meet them at concerts it will be totally different :group_hug:

When I was at Bobital and lots of drunk people were there and pushing us to the point that a few fans fell we were all holding on to each other,  it was the opposite.

Maybe wearing an MFC badge at concerts would be a good idea.

I think the best way to treat those people who are mean is to ignore them. They have no idea what a good Mika fan is and no right to say such things to you. Each fan's love has the same worth for Mika and that is the truth. :hug:

What concerts will you go to? I'm going to Nantes. (Maybe to Caen but I don't know if that will work out)

I hope you get to meet Mika and talk with him after a concert during this tour because it is one of the most wonderful feelings in the world :wub2:

I'm glad you decided to join MFC and I wish you a happy peaceful time here. Sending you a huge wave of love,  hugs and kisses :huglove::huglove::huglove:

You can pm me anytime in French I'll be happy to chat with you :thumb_yello:

I'm so overwhelmed by all of your messages here. Thank you to eveyone here, you made me feel so good here and it's priceless!

It's a good idea for the MFC badge, do you have one ? Does anyone has one ?

"we were all holding on to each other" wonderful. I feel better just by reading your message and all your words. you have no idea.

I'm going to Dijon, Montbeliard and Paris bercy (first time I'm attending an huge show in a huge place!!)

Okay thank you, I will send you a message as soon as possible. All the love for you and kisses !!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gabry74 said:

Hi Florine! :bye:

I'm Gabriella and I live in Italy, nice to meet you and welcome to the MFC! :welcomeani:

Have fun here and I hope to see you in the next tour! :cheer::mika1:

Hello Gabriella ! Thank you :) I hope to see you too! Are you attending some concerts in France ? 

• Like 1