Mika in Canadian Press 2019

Kumazzz

Télé-Québec

Cette année-là

INSTAGRAM

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2458b6HYSH/

Cette semaine, on revisite 1957 en compagnie de l’indémodable Michel Louvain.

Cette année-là, il s’est emparé du cœur des Québécoises avec sa chanson 🎶 Buenas noches mi amor. 🎶

Et devinez qui Marc Labrèche a rencontré « par hasard » au Café Cléopâtre?

Nul autre que le coloré chanteur Mika qui s’est grandement confié à lui...

👉 #cetteannéelà, ce samedi dès 20 h à @telequebec!

:uk:
This week, we revisit 1957 with the timeless Michel Louvain.
That year, he seized the hearts of Quebecers with his song "Buenas noches mi amor". 🎶

And guess who Marc Labrèche met "by chance" Café Cleopatra?
None other than the colorful singer Mika who has been very much entrusted to him ...

👉 Do not miss #thisyear this Saturday at 8 pm at @telequebec!

FACEBOOK

Il fallait bien revenir en 1957 pour retrouver dans une même émission Michel Louvain, Bobino, et MIKA!

Tout cela dans l’habituel enrobage aussi funny que biodégradable de Cette année-là. On vous attend ce samedi dès 20 h à Télé-Québec!

It was necessary to return in 1957 to find in a same emission ,Michel Louvain, Bobino, and MIKA!
All this in the usual funny and biodegradable coating of that year. We are waiting for you this Saturday at 8 pm at Télé-Québec!!

71174766_718789318566820_9059919565982531584_o.thumb.jpg.3c04616cbe3a56d30f7a5336d930e7b9.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Télé-Québec

Cette année-là

INSTAGRAM

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2458b6HYSH/

Cette semaine, on revisite 1957 en compagnie de l’indémodable Michel Louvain.

Cette année-là, il s’est emparé du cœur des Québécoises avec sa chanson 🎶 Buenas noches mi amor. 🎶

Et devinez qui Marc Labrèche a rencontré « par hasard » au Café Cléopâtre?

Nul autre que le coloré chanteur Mika qui s’est grandement confié à lui...

👉 #cetteannéelà, ce samedi dès 20 h à @telequebec!

:uk:
This week, we revisit 1957 with the timeless Michel Louvain.
That year, he seized the hearts of Quebecers with his song "Buenas noches mi amor". 🎶

And guess who Marc Labrèche met "by chance" Café Cleopatra?
None other than the colorful singer Mika who has been very much entrusted to him ...

👉 Do not miss #thisyear this Saturday at 8 pm at @telequebec!

FACEBOOK

Il fallait bien revenir en 1957 pour retrouver dans une même émission Michel Louvain, Bobino, et MIKA!

Tout cela dans l’habituel enrobage aussi funny que biodégradable de Cette année-là. On vous attend ce samedi dès 20 h à Télé-Québec!

It was necessary to return in 1957 to find in a same emission ,Michel Louvain, Bobino, and MIKA!
All this in the usual funny and biodegradable coating of that year. We are waiting for you this Saturday at 8 pm at Télé-Québec!!

71174766_718789318566820_9059919565982531584_o.thumb.jpg.3c04616cbe3a56d30f7a5336d930e7b9.jpg

this should be quite interesting...

• Like 2

ICI Radio Canada : L'effet Pogonat

du vendredi 27 septembre 2019

https://www.icimusique.ca/articles/21387/audio-mika-en-entrevue-a-leffet-pogonat

mika-catherine-pogonat-leffet-pogonat-en

Audio : Mika en entrevue à L'effet Pogonat

🔻 m4a file ( audio / 15.9 MB ) 2019.09.27_CANADA_L'effet Pogonat Articles ICI Musiqu.m4a

Le populaire auteur-compositeur-interprète Mika lance ces jours-ci un nouvel album intitulé My Name Is Michael Holbrook. L'animatrice Catherine Pogonat l'a rencontré pour une discussion à bâtons rompus à propos, entre autres, de la meilleure manière de faire de la pop intelligente et sensible.

https://www.instagram.com/catpogonat/

IG story

71191989_478813869626150_67228267596815645_n.thumb.jpg.b638c8d2ee0cab560ae0ab15197d9418.jpg

EFeLb2TWwAExjHT.thumb.jpg.36fece43cf45c6577f2b294a0191082a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

https://www.icimusique.ca/articles/21387/audio-mika-en-entrevue-a-leffet-pogonat

🔻 m4a file ( audio / 15.9 MB ) 2019.09.27_CANADA_L'effet Pogonat Articles ICI Musiqu.m4a

Le populaire auteur-compositeur-interprète Mika lance ces jours-ci un nouvel album intitulé My Name Is Michael Holbrook. L'animatrice Catherine Pogonat l'a rencontré pour une discussion à bâtons rompus à propos, entre autres, de la meilleure manière de faire de la pop intelligente et sensible.

IG story

71191989_478813869626150_67228267596815645_n.thumb.jpg.b638c8d2ee0cab560ae0ab15197d9418.jpg

EFeLb2TWwAExjHT.thumb.jpg.36fece43cf45c6577f2b294a0191082a.jpg

Another very interesting interview. I will try to write it down and translate into English.

And we can hear 30 seconds of "Stay High" !!!!!!!!!!! (at 14:00)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

So I did a translation into English. I think this interview is very interesting and Mika talks about many thing we did not find in other interviews.

L'effet Pogonat 27/09/2019 ICI Radio Canada

Catherine Pogonat talks with Mika.

😄 Hello Mika.

M: Hello.

😄 You are releasing a new album where you introduce yourself “My Name Is Michael Holbrook”. It's like you were re-introducing yourself. Like you were introducing yourself to your audience in a new way.

M: Absolutely. I had a feeling like it was really necessary. To re-introduce myself to my audience but as well to re-introduce myself to myself. To rediscover myself. Using my official name Michael Holbrook I can rediscover Mika. But I mean Mika before he releases his first album. To talk about yourself in a third person may be pretty pretentious. But acually it's something opposite, it's to be honest, to search the truth, to reveal yourself even more in the reflection of myself and in other people's eyes, in the eyes of my audience, the people who has been following me for a long time. Why now? Because it has been 12 years. If I don't do this now, what will I do? I will repeat the same things? To say the same things? To sing the same songs? I can't do this. My career has been built on my life, my real life. I am not a traditional “hit-machine”, which is looking for someone to write hit songs according to the current sound. Not at all. I represent an universe. Some songs became hits. Always by chance or by surprise. But it's something more than that. It was very important to make this reset to have a possibility to have a career for next 10-20 years.

😄 But there is something more - even if it's not a hit in the radio – this sense of pop. This sense of the music, which brings us closer to the sky. You know what I mean? I wonder if it's a pressure. Because you have this capacity to “create a bridge between us and the sky”, as says Francis Cabrel... Is it a pressure?

M: No. It's not a pressure. It's a necessity. This is something different. It's for example... in a song “Tomorrow” from my new album...

😄 Which I love...

We can hear a part of the song.

M: This idea to make us feel warmer, more human. It puts our spirits high, it warms our hearts. This is pop. I love pop. I don't like popular things.

😄 And this is something different.

M: It's very different. And in pop you can be demanding, you can be poetic... You have to be universal, which does not mean reducing. You have to find a synthesis of things. It's not a reduction. There is a big difference between both as well.

😄 And the nuance is very important. Because sometimes there is this pejorative meaning. When we say “pop”, people say: “it can be commercialized at any price, to be liked at any price”. And this is not this.

M: But as well... for example in pop.. in a real pop there is love, there is color, there is politics, there is sex, there is sexuality, there is everything. And in pop of 70', 80' there was a huge amount of sensuality. Then we come to 90' - end of 90' – and then... we think it's pop. But pop became extremely commercialized. And what was culture pop like Warhol in 80' it becomes commercialized. This is why there is a huge reduction of sensuality, sex, politics in popular pop. I think there is a way to fight this. A lot of people does it. I am only a part of the group of people saying that pop can be poetic.

😄 And intelligent.

M: Yes, but there are many versions of intelligence. It depends. You could have read... I don't know... George Sanders, Shakespeare, Graham Greene... and you can write pop... this is a sort of intelligence... But even if you haven't read all these books, there is a way to create an intelligent pop. Intelligence can be expressed in many different ways. It's rather a boldness to put a real life, your personal life, a life of people around us into our song, even if there is a melody. Even if there are some hooks, we can put some poetry into it.

😄 And this is what you wanted to say... You say that you were furious to become a logo. And that you wanted to keep a distance from this logo.

M: Yes, because at the same time I lost distance with industry, promo... but not the promo which we are doing here... industry in general:  album releases ... all these changes which take place... from one month to another we are in a completely different industry... with a different purpose... It contaminated my love of music... I had to separate them again... Because music is for ever, industry changes from one day to another...

We can hear a part of the song “Tiny Love”.

😄 Apart from the song “Tomorrow” that I like a lot, there is another song on your album that I like and it's “Tiny Love – reprise” , the last song. Which is very orchestral, with choirs, which is very epic, and it makes me feel like when I saw you in a symphony version here in Montreal. What is your relation with an orchestra, with classical music?

M: Classical music is essential in my life. If you enter my dressing room, you can hear Philippe Jaroussky, who is a great counter-tenor. And then you can hear Brian Eno or Wu-Tang Clan...  But classical music for me it's... when you say “classical” it's wide. Because, what is “classical music”?... But... I don't know. It's a big influence... It gives me a perspective. It gives me an idea that you don't need to think too much about what will happen with a song, with an album in a short time.  But as well how it will evolve in 10 years. If I am proud of something it's not the amount of albums I sold, it's not numbers, it's not money... because I spend a lot of money – especially for my production. So I am not really attached to it... it is the thing that when I listen to, for example “Grace Kelly”, “We Are Golden” … I mention pretty old songs... But anyway they don't sound old. They were created some time ago, but the sound is not old. Maybe because I came from classical music, so my sound is not attached to any moment. What counts is the lyrics and the melody. So classical music is very important to give us a perspective. You don't need to be afraid of classical music. It is not for snobs. Not all. I loved pop music. So when I was in London Royal Conservatory I used to say to people there: “look, I love it (pop)” and it was a little snobbish. Then my professor told me: “if you do pop music and if I find you working on it, I will expel you”. So I had to do it in secret. And then I was going to night clubs and to indie scenes and I used to say: “I love classical music”. And they were answering: “Oh,what is this?”

😄 You were in both worlds.

M: So what do I do? I do the mix of both in my own music and I invent my own bubble.

We can hear a part of a symphonic version of “Grace Kelly”

😄 You are the same Mika with the Orchestre Syphonique de Montreal as the Mika I saw in Corona Theatre with your new songs. You are the same but there is a different part that steps forward. In this little venue in Montreal you loose yourself in an incredible way. The way you are moving is very impressive.

M: (laughing) Really... I am moving, I am not dancing. It's a big difference. I can't dance.

😄 You have long limbs. And when you are moving it creates very special movements.

M: It's very “Jack” from the movie “The Nightmare Before Christmas” by Tim Burton. (singing) “What's this, what's this, It's falling in the air”... Or a little bit of “Edward Scissorhands”.

(I put here a video with the song - it is not in the interview)

😄 And people were in symbiosis with you. They were jumping. It was a crazy energy in the room.

M: What is so beautiful, if I move my arm, they move their arms too. What I like too is when I sing in a festival with a lot of people in the audience or when I sing in Corona, it can take a little more time to create this atmosphere. We forget everything. We forget the context. For 1 hour 45 minutes we forget the life. Strangely we talk about life. There are sad moments, very intense moments, emotional moments. But we forget the life outside. Even when there are a lot of people, the intensity is still there. Everything makes more sense when I am on stage. It's cathartic.

😄 Everything makes more sense. Everything is finding sense?

M: Maybe everything is finding sense. But maybe it's the same for you, when you are in front of your microphone, when you are live in the radio. I can imagine that things become more clear. It's easier to decide. To take decisions. Me, in my private life, when I wake up in the morning I am not able to take decisions. I am good-for-nothing. But if you put me on stage, if you put me in the recording studio, everything is becoming clear. And after four years I missed this clearness. Now I can see that even if life snaps you straight in the face, when life is not stable, ah be... It doesn't mean that you should avoid the scene. Maybe you should do even more. You should be more present. To enjoy this clarity. To enjoy the distance from yourself. I can tell you that I am less egocentric and less egoist when I do my job than when I do not work. Because I become less materialist, I am less obsessed by small things from my life. My perspective changes when I sing on stage. And I am extremely grateful that this experience of “Michael Holbrook”, the album brought me back to this feeling.

We can hear a small part of "Stay High”.

😄 There is a song where we have Mika in “rock” version - “Stay High” with the rock'n'roll spirit. We want to dance “pogo”. We want to jump. Was it this spirit to dance, to jump on the walls?To get high?

M: To get high with music. To get high with something which does not leave you with hangover. On this album the word “high” is very present. I think we can hear it in four songs. I talk a lot about colors as well. I see music in colors. I really associate music with colors. And yes, there were moments during recordings when I was singing and I was completely wet with sweat. I wanted to catch it and to put it in the album.

😄 There is a thing I would like to show you, Mika. A little suggestion for the continuation of your tour. I developed a choreography to “Relax”. I will show you.

We can hear the song “Relax” and Mika's laughter. They start to dance.

M: I can promise you. Next time when I play a gig in Montreal I will dance it. I will not forget.

😄 Promised?

M: If I forget, ah, be, you can make me “a dare” to do anything you want. You will decide.

😄 If I manage to go to the first row and if you see a girl making these movements you will recall that it was my choreography . Thank you very much, Mika.

M: Thank you.

...........................................................................................

• Thanks 7

On 9/27/2019 at 11:28 AM, Kumazzz said:

Télé-Québec

Cette année-là

Télé-Québec

Cette année-là

Les condifences de Mika

Marc Labrèche a rencontré « par hasard » au Café Cléopâtre le coloré chanteur Mika qui s'est grandement confié à lui…

https://cetteanneela.telequebec.tv/emissions/100534034/1957-michel-louvain/48948/les-condifences-de-mika

w800_h450.thumb.jpg.c136507688c020124d1a597648987280.jpg

The site says

" Cette vidéo ne peut être visionnée dans le pays où vous vous trouvez.
S’il y a erreur, merci de cliquer ici pour nous le signaler. "

I tried to D/L by 

http://offliberty.io/

fortunately got the MP4 file !

( 67.7MB )

:france: to :uk:

Translation by @Anna Ko Kolkowska thanks a lot !

Marc Labreche met „by chance” in a Cafe Cleaoptre a colorful singer Mika, who decided to make a confession to him.

Marc Labreche: I can't wait to listen to the new album which Mika – a very talented Mika – will release the 4th of October.

A very strange thing has happened to me last week... After recording a program, I wanted to relax a little – as you know... we are sweating, we give us totally, this adrenaline... i went to the Cafe Cleopatre, on the oposite side of the street... a very nice place...

Another journalist: Well, when you mentioned it now we will not be able to go there any more.

Marc: It was the room upstairs, it was empty. Everybody left already. It was so quiet. I sat at the bar alone. And when I came there last week... and what a surprise... This is the magic of life... Mika was there.. He was sitting at the bar with a drink (sorry I don't know the drink name he mentioned). I had a feeling that he wanted to make a confession, he wanted to share a lot of things spontaneously – We did not know each other... And I think I was a good listener for him. For more a camera was there...

A comment in the background:For those who don't know this place, Cafe Cleopatre is a great place of confession for people who got a success. Tonight it's Mika's turn.

Mika:... My first show in Montreal. Yes, it was a great moment! I completely messed it up.

Marc: How is it?

Mika: I remember it. It was a at thebeginning...I was excited... it was like this (he shows with his hands)... And I say from stage: „I love Toronto!!!!”

Marc: Not bad.

Mika: I blown it all up.

Marc: Don't worry. You were young at that time. You were... 12-14 year old?

Mika: No!

Marc: This new album which will be realised soon. It is something special on it according to you. Why?

Mika: After 4 albums, after a lot of experience I wondered what to do next. What will be the next chapter? To understand and to continue my fight in this profession, in music I had to find back this love of music. To find back this feeling which we can feel here (Mika touches Marc's stomac). It is here or it may be lower as well.

Marc: It can be this area too...

A comment in the background: I did not want to discuss with Mika about my areas... He worths much more. I had to change a subjet drastically.

Marc: Would you like to have children?

Mika: Do you have children?

Marc: Yes.

Mika: I would like to... maybe... yes... But if I hate my children? What would I do?

Marc: Oh, but... Yes. I would like to say that it does not happen. But unfortunately it happens.

A comment in the background: I liked this conversation but it started to make me feel uncomfortable.

Marc: Do you have friends which are artists?

Mika: Friends? I don't know. Maybe you could introduce someone?

Marc: Oh, yes. They are many!

Mika: I've met Robert Lepage here. ( Robert Lepage - Wikipedia )

Marc: Oh, yes. Great!

Mika: Once I took a flight... One day earlier I cancelled a TV show to see his performance in „Marquess de Sade”. And I've seen him. I tell you, I've seen him. I have never seen him on stage and this time I have seen everything. After the show I've met him. I was so exited. I took a photo with him. He was very nice. And I posted it on Twitter. Next day I was with my friend Olivia Levy. And she sais to me: „Are you crazy or what”? I look at her.. „But what”? And she: „You asked me 150 times to let you meet Robert Lepage and then you insult him with yout tweet”. Actually in my excitation, I was so in a rush I posted a photo with a comment: „Finally I meet Robert Le Page and I can tell you that it was a disappointment”.

Mika: I wanted to write: „And it was not a disappointment”. I haven't seen him since then. All I can tell you is that „socializing” - I am not the best in it. I always put „my foot in the mouth”, I entre into a bad conversation...

Marc: It's great. This sort of people are the best artists. You are perfect.

A comment in the background:And here I decided to thank Mika very much. Really to thank him.

Marc: Thank you very much Mika. Really thank you.

A comment in the background: To tell him he was very generous. In all this.

Marc: Thank you, you were very generous. In all this.

A comment in the background: To tell him that I was very happy.

Marc: I am very happy.

A comment in the background: Le Cafe Cleopatre. A place of confession for artists with success.

Edited by Kumazzz
adding a translation
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

Télé-Québec

Cette année-là

Les condifences de Mika

Marc Labrèche a rencontré « par hasard » au Café Cléopâtre le coloré chanteur Mika qui s'est grandement confié à lui…

https://cetteanneela.telequebec.tv/emissions/100534034/1957-michel-louvain/48948/les-condifences-de-mika

w800_h450.thumb.jpg.c136507688c020124d1a597648987280.jpg

The site says

" Cette vidéo ne peut être visionnée dans le pays où vous vous trouvez.
S’il y a erreur, merci de cliquer ici pour nous le signaler. "

I tried to D/L by 

http://offliberty.io/

( 67.7MB )

An interview not like any other :roftl::mfr_lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

An interview not like any other :roftl::mfr_lol:

What does he say? Usually I understand bits & pieces, but I guess this is too unusual to understand with very limited French. :teehee:

5 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

( 67.7MB )

So here is a translation into English.

Tele Quebec

Marc Labreche met „by chance” in a Cafe Cleaoptre a colorful singer Mika, who decided to make a confession to him.

Marc Labreche: I can't wait to listen to the new album which Mika – a very talented Mika – will release the 4th of October.

A very strange thing has happened to me last week... After recording a program, I wanted to relax a little – as you know... we are sweating, we give us totally, this adrenaline... i went to the Cafe Cleopatre, on the oposite side of the street... a very nice place...

Another journalist: Well, when you mentioned it now we will not be able to go there any more.

Marc: It was the room upstairs, it was empty. Everybody left already. It was so quiet. I sat at the bar alone. And when I came there last week... and what a surprise... This is the magic of life... Mika was there.. He was sitting at the bar with a drink (sorry I don't know the drink name he mentioned). I had a feeling that he wanted to make a confession, he wanted to share a lot of things spontaneously – We did not know each other... And I think I was a good listener for him. For more a camera was there...

A comment in the background:For those who don't know this place, Cafe Cleopatre is a great place of confession for people who got a success. Tonight it's Mika's turn.

Mika:... My first show in Montreal. Yes, it was a great moment! I completely messed it up.

Marc: How is it?

Mika: I remember it. It was a at thebeginning...I was excited... it was like this (he shows with his hands)... And I say from stage: „I love Toronto!!!!”

Marc: Not bad.

Mika: I blown it all up.

Marc: Don't worry. You were young at that time. You were... 12-14 year old?

Mika: No!

Marc: This new album which will be realised soon. It is something special on it according to you. Why?

Mika: After 4 albums, after a lot of experience I wondered what to do next. What will be the next chapter? To understand and to continue my fight in this profession, in music I had to find back this love of music. To find back this feeling which we can feel here (Mika touches Marc's stomac). It is here or it may be lower as well.

Marc: It can be this area too...

A comment in the background: I did not want to discuss with Mika about my areas... He worths much more. I had to change a subjet drastically.

Marc: Would you like to have children?

Mika: Do you have children?

Marc: Yes.

Mika: I would like to... maybe... yes... But if I hate my children? What would I do?

Marc: Oh, but... Yes. I would like to say that it does not happen. But unfortunately it happens.

A comment in the background: I liked this conversation but it started to make me feel unconfortable.

Marc: Do you have friends which are artists?

Mika: Friends? I don't know. Maybe you could introduce someone?

Marc: Oh, yes. They are many!

Mika: I've met Robert Lepage here.

Marc: Oh, yes. Great!

Mika: Once I took a flight... One day earlier I cancelled a TV show to see his performance in „Marquess de Sade”. And I've seen him. I tell you, I've seen him. I have never seen him on stage and this time I have seen everything. After the show I've met him. I was so exited. I took a photo with him. He was very nice. And I posted it on Twitter. Next day I was with my friend Olivia Levy. And she sais to me: „Are you crazy or what”? I look at her.. „But what”? And she: „You asked me 150 times to let you meet Robert Lepage and then you insult him with yout tweet”. Actually in my excitation, I was so in a rush I posted a photo with a comment: „Finally I meet Robert Le Page and I can tell you that it was a disappointment”.

Mika: I wanted to write: „And it was not a disappointment”. I haven't seen him since then. All I can tell you is that „socializing” - I am not the best in it. I always put „my foot in the mouth”, I entre into a bad conversation...

Marc: It's great. This sort of people are the best artists. You are perfect.

A comment in the background:And here I decided to thank Mika very much. Really to thank him.

Marc: Thank you very much Mika. Really thank you.

A comment in the background: To tell him he was very generous. In all this.

Marc: Thank you, you were very generous. In all this.

A comment in the background: To tell him that I was very happy.

Marc: I am very happy.

A comment in the background: Le Cafe Cleopatre. A place of confession for artists with success.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

In today's La Presse

Redécouvrir Mika

https://www.lapresse.ca/arts/musique/201909/29/01-5243394-redecouvrir-mika.php

Nous avons rencontré Mika à la mi-septembre dans un hôtel du centre-ville de Montréal, au lendemain de deux spectacles survoltés qu’il venait de livrer au théâtre Corona, sans autres effets spéciaux que sa générosité, ses mouvements de danse déchaînés et son énergie débordante.

C’est que le chanteur britannique d’origine libanaise a choisi de « casser » son nouveau matériel et son spectacle de ce côté-ci de l’Atlantique – les représentations de Montréal arrivaient tout de suite après New York et juste avant San Francisco. Sa tournée des grands amphithéâtres européens commencera en 2020, et il promet qu’il repassera par chez nous très bientôt.

« Je voulais commencer avec des publics qui me donnent quelque chose, qui ne veulent pas juste prendre, confie-t-il, détendu et chaleureux. Avec l’esprit que j’ai en ce moment, c’était important d’aller dans des endroits qui comptent, où j’ai un lien. »

Il ne s’est pas trompé : lors du deuxième soir au Corona, alors que le spectacle était clairement terminé et qu’il saluait la foule pour une dernière fois avant de quitter la scène, les spectateurs continuaient de taper des mains en lui criant… merci.

« C’est bizarre, c’est moi qui est en train de remercier et après, c’est eux qui me remercient », dit-il, songeur, notant « l’intelligence du public ». 

« Après quatre ans d’une vie assez compliquée, c’est comme s’ils avaient compris que je voulais faire un grand truc émotionnel pour me reconstruire. »

Deuil et maladie dans sa famille immédiate et chez des proches : le chanteur ne s’en cache pas, il est passé à travers une grande période de turbulences personnelles au cours des dernières années. L’idée que « ce que tu prends comme des choses qui vont toujours être là commence à s’effriter » l’a fortement ébranlé. Il l’avoue, ce disque, « né directement de la tristesse », lui a permis de se sentir « moins loser ».

« J’ai pu me retrouver sans la patine des années et retrouver mon bonheur. Et c’est seulement ce bonheur dru, rude, qui peut m’aider à combattre la réalité de la vie. Pas dans le sens de la carrière, mais de la vraie vie, qu’on doit tous vivre. »

L’après-télé

On le perçoit dans la conversation, Mika sentait aussi le besoin de prouver qu’il avait encore une légitimité comme artiste. C’est que cet album arrive après plusieurs années de présence intensive à la télé – il a entre autres été juge pendant deux saisons à la téléréalité X Factor en Italie et coach à The Voice en France de 2014 à 2019.

Bien sûr, il ne regrette pas cette expérience, pendant laquelle il a vraiment pu être lui-même. « J’ai pu m’exprimer dans un monde où on a très peu la possibilité de le faire. Je ne me suis pas fait chier et je n’ai aucun regret. » Mais il a « du mal à imaginer » qu’il y reviendra un jour, préférant le travail au long cours de la musique à l’immédiateté et à l’éphémère de la télé.

« J’ai dû me séparer de ça pour ne pas devenir addict. » L’objectif étant maintenant de démontrer que ce n’est pas parce qu’on le voyait à l’écran toutes les semaines ou qu’il a fait des pubs pour Peugeot qu’il ne peut plus surprendre.

« C’est une provocation délicieuse. Quand j’ai annoncé que je faisais un nouvel album, les gens disaient “mais qu’est-ce qu’il a encore à raconter ?”. Et moi, je me disais “je vais vous casser les couilles”. » Son but ? Affirmer sa place comme « un artiste qui travaille dans la pop, mais qui n’est pas dirigé par la commercialisation de sa propre musique ».

« Ce n’est pas sale de faire de la télé si on reste nous-mêmes. Ce n’est pas sale de faire de la musique pop et mélodique si nos histoires racontent des choses. »

Il a d’ailleurs tenu à faire un disque avec très peu de collaborateurs « plutôt que du collage », toutes les chansons ont été composées chez lui — « c’était la règle, je ne voulais pas travailler avec des gens qui ne venaient pas chez moi » — et s’est laissé inspirer par les couleurs pour créer les différentes ambiances du disque.

« J’ai décidé de faire de la pop qui parle de la vie, de religion, de sexualité, de politique. Comment donner un contexte à toutes ces choses sans devenir lourd ? Eh bien les couleurs, c’est une manière très efficace et universelle de créer des chapitres. »

Authenticité

Il est clair que ce cinquième album est celui de la vérité et de l’authenticité pour Mika, et c’est avec ce feu et « cette énergie que vous avez vue en spectacle » qu’il va le défendre. « C’est comme si je déchirais mes propres habits. » C’est d’ailleurs pour se remettre en contact avec lui-même qu’il a utilisé son nom civil, Michael Holbrook, comme titre de l’album.

« Ça m’a permis de faire une sorte de reset sur qui j’étais. De reconnaître mon père. De dire merci à ma mère. De dire “je suis Mika, le fils de mes parents”. Pour comprendre qui je suis et d’où je viens, sinon je ne vais jamais pouvoir continuer, même si je dois continuer tout seul. Bizarrement, Michael Holbrook m’a aidé à redécouvrir Mika. »

Pop, My Name Is Michael Holbrook, Mika, Universal Music, sortie vendredi.

• Like 2

:uk:Google translate to English:

Spoiler

We met Mika in mid-September in a hotel in downtown Montreal, the day after two highly charged shows that he had just performed at the Corona Theater, with no other special effects than his generosity, unbridled dance moves and his overflowing energy.

The British singer of Lebanese origin chose to "break" his new material and show on this side of the Atlantic - the Montreal performances were just after New York and just before San Francisco. His tour of the big European amphitheatres will begin in 2020, and he promises that he will come back home very soon.

"I wanted to start with audiences who give me something, who just do not want to take," he says, relaxed and warm. With the spirit I have right now, it was important to go to places that matter, where I have a connection. "

He was not mistaken: during the second night at the Corona, when the show was clearly over and he greeted the crowd for the last time before leaving the stage, the spectators continued clapping and shouting at him ... thank you.

"It's weird, it's me who is thanking and after, it's them who thank me," he said pensively, noting "the intelligence of the public."

"After four years of a rather complicated life, it's as if they realized that I wanted to do a great emotional thing to rebuild myself. "

Mourning and illness in his immediate family and relatives: the singer does not hide it, he has gone through a great period of personal turbulence in recent years. The idea that "what you take as things that will always be there begins to crumble" has shaken it. He admits, this disc, "born directly from sadness", allowed him to feel "less loser".

"I was able to find myself without the patina of years and find my happiness. And it's only that hard, tough happiness that can help me fight the reality of life. Not in the sense of career, but of real life, that we all have to live. "

The post-TV

We see him in the conversation, Mika also felt the need to prove that he still had legitimacy as an artist. This album comes after several years of intensive presence on TV - he has been judge for two seasons at X Factor show in Italy and coach at The Voice in France from 2014 to 2019.

Of course, he does not regret this experience, during which he really could be himself. "I was able to express myself in a world where there is very little opportunity to do it. I was not pissed off and I have no regrets. But he has "hard time imagining" that he will return one day, preferring the long-term work of music to the immediacy and ephemeral of TV.

"I had to separate from that so as not to become addicted. The goal now is to show that it is not because we saw him on the screen every week or that he did ads for Peugeot that he can not surprise anymore.

"It's a delicious provocation. When I announced that I was making a new album, people were saying "but what else has it to tell?" And I said to myself, "I'm going to break your balls." " Its goal ? Assert his place as "an artist who works in pop, but who is not led by the marketing of his own music".

"It's not dirty to do TV if we stay ourselves. It's not dirty to make pop and melodic music if our stories tell stories. "

He also made a record with very few collaborators "rather than collage", all songs were composed at home - "it was the rule, I did not want to work with people who did not come at home "- and was inspired by the colors to create the different environments of the disc.

"I decided to make pop talking about life, religion, sexuality, politics. How to give context to all these things without becoming heavy? Well colors, it's a very effective and universal way to create chapters. "

Authenticity

It is clear that this fifth album is that of the truth and the authenticity for Mika, and it is with this fire and "this energy that you saw in spectacle" that it will defend it. "It's like I tear up my own clothes. It is also to get back in touch with himself that he used his name, Michael Holbrook, as the title of the album.

"It allowed me to do some sort of reset on who I was. To recognize my father. To say thank you to my mother. To say "I am Mika, the son of my parents". To understand who I am and where I come from, otherwise I will never be able to continue, even if I have to go on my own. Oddly, Michael Holbrook helped me rediscover Mika"

Edited by Just_Me
  • Thanks 1

Métro Montréal

https://journalmetro.com/culture/2384260/de-mika-a-michael/

À la découverte de soi

Mika a puisé dans son for intérieur pour l’écriture de son nouvel opus My Name Is Michael Holbrook.

My Name Is Michael Holbrook, le cinquième album de Mika, sera disponible dès vendredi.

Après une pause de création, Mika a eu besoin d’un nouveau souffle. Pour ce faire, il a fait table rase des équipes des grands studios avec qui il collaborait pour mieux s’entourer. Celui qu’on a connu il y a 12 ans (déjà!) avec les hits Relax, Take It Easy et Grace Kelly a puisé dans ses racines et enquêté sur lui-même pour retrouver Michael Holbrook, l’homme derrière Mika.

Métro l’a rencontré dans un hôtel du centre-ville de Montréal au lendemain d’une série de deux spectacles donnés au Corona en septembre.

Bonjour Mika, ou plutôt Michael. Ces deux noms renvoient-ils à des personnes différentes pour vous?

Il y avait beaucoup de différences entre les deux avant. Chaque fois que quelqu’un m’appelait par mon nom, Michael Holbrook, ça me provoquait une tension dans l’estomac. Vraiment, ça me donnait des frissons. Je ne sais pas pourquoi, et c’est ce que j’ai voulu comprendre. Je me suis dit : peut-être si je confronte cette chose, qui n’a pas l’air si importante, mais qui est fondamentale en vérité, je pourrais non seulement trouver un sujet et un discours à explorer, mais je pourrais aussi débloquer une partie de moi-même.

Est-ce que ce processus vous a réconcilié avec Michael?

Oui. Lors d’un roadtrip, je suis allé voir d’où venait la famille de mon père, en Géorgie. J’ai vu tous les tombeaux avec mon nom de famille dans le cimetière de Bonaventure et c’était presque… Ah! C’était concret! Ça fait partie de moi. C’est arrivé pendant une période très turbulente pour moi et ma famille, donc heureusement que j’ai lancé cette enquête sur moimême pour faire la paix avec une partie de moi. Ça m’a aidé à survivre et à gérer mes émotions pendant une période extrêmement douloureuse et difficile. Tout cela s’est manifesté dans un album qui a été fait en temps réel avec la vie, qui est né d’une tristesse et de préoccupations profondes, mais qui fait danser. C’est un énorme paradoxe.

«Je vais crier, hurler le plus fort possible. Je vais me casser la gueule, parce que j’ai quelque chose à dire.» Mika

On sent d’ailleurs ce contraste en l’écoutant…

Oui, c’est dans l’ombre et la lumière. C’est une combinaison délicieuse, en fait, ce contraste. La pop et le populaire sont deux choses complètement différentes pour moi. La pop a la possibilité d’être très poétique. C’est ce que j’ai voulu totalement assumer sur cet album.

S’agit-il d’un retour aux sources?

C’est un retour à l’irrévérence de mes sources. Et aussi au lâcherprise de ma jeunesse. Quand on écrit un album pour des raisons personnelles, on ne pense pas aux conséquences, parce qu’elles ne sont pas aussi importantes que l’émotion. C’est donc un album où on sent que je me fiche totalement des opinions! C’est pour ça que les mélodies sont tellement chaudes, qu’il y a tellement de couleurs… Ce n’est pas quelque chose qui cherche à plaire ou à être dans un style en particulier, ça existe dans son propre univers.

Ça donne un album très honnête, très intime…

… Et très direct. Je sens que ce que j’ai à dire est important et pertinent. Je crois que j’ai retrouvé cette urgence de communiquer, ce que je n’avais pas ressenti depuis des années!

Ces dernières années, vous avez été coach à The Voice en France, et à X Factor en Italie. Comment ces expériences ont-elles changé votre approche de la musique?

Elles n’ont pas changé mon approche de la musique. Elles m’ont donné un peu de distance, qui m’a permis de réexaminer mon processus créatif. C’était très utile, parce que ça m’a donné une manière de parler avec les gens et de m’exprimer. En revanche, à un certain moment, il faut dire que c’est addictif. On y trouve la reconnaissance très vite, tellement vite, beaucoup plus qu’en musique.

Vous dites que Blue est votre chanson préférée de l’album, pourquoi?

Parce que c’est un moment suspendu. C’est une véritable lettre d’amour aux femmes de ma famille. Quand on dit qu’on aime quelqu’un, ce n’est pas seulement dans la joie et le succès. C’est dire : «Je t’aime dans tes moments les plus bleus. Quand tu ne t’aimes pas, moi je t’aime.»

En écoutant San Remo, on imagine une chanson qui invite aux vacances, mais en fait, il s’agit plutôt de votre regard de jeune adolescent homosexuel sur cet endroit en Italie?

Oui. C’est très représentatif de l’album. Il y a toutes ces mélodies, c’est doux et poétique, mais en fait il y a un fond plus intense, plus dark et plus personnel.

À l’image des contrastes de l’album, diriez-vous que la chanson Tiny Love parle du grand amour?

Exactement! Je voulais casser les clichés des chansons d’amour. Ça m’a amusé, et ça a évolué très naturellement. J’ai réalisé qu’une chanson d’amour n’a rien à voir avec l’amour pour une personne; c’est plus grand que ça, c’est plus large, et c’est aussi minuscule, parce que c’est transparent.

:uk: Google translator

Spoiler

Discovering yourself

Mika has drawn in his heart to write his new album My Name Is Michael Holbrook.

My Name Is Michael Holbrook, Mika's fifth album, will be available on Friday.

After a creative break, Mika needed a new breath. To do this, he made a clean sweep of the teams of major studios with whom he collaborated to better surround himself. The one we knew 12 years ago (already!) With the hits Relax, Take It Easy and Grace Kelly drew on his roots and investigated himself to find Michael Holbrook, the man behind Mika.

Métro met him at a hotel in downtown Montreal the day after a series of two shows given at the Corona in September.

Hello Mika, or rather Michael. Do these two names refer to different people for you?

There were a lot of differences between the two before. Every time someone called me by name, Michael Holbrook, it made me feel tense in my stomach. Really, it gave me chills. I do not know why, and that's what I wanted to understand. I said to myself: maybe if I confront this thing, which does not look so important, but which is fundamental in truth, I could not only find a topic and a speech to explore, but I could also unlock a part of myself.

Did this process reconcile you with Michael?

Yes. During a roadtrip, I went to see where my father's family came from, Georgia. I saw all the tombs with my last name in the Bonaventure cemetery and it was almost ... Ah! It was concrete! It's part of me. It happened during a very turbulent time for me and my family, so luckily I started this investigation on myself to make peace with a part of me. It helped me survive and manage my emotions during an extremely painful and difficult time. All this manifested itself in an album that was made in real time with life, which is born of a sadness and deep concern, but that makes dance. It's a huge paradox.

«I'm going to scream, scream as loud as I can. I'm going to break my mouth because I have something to say.» Mika

We also feel this contrast by listening to him ...

Yes, it's in the shade and the light. It's a delicious combination, in fact, this contrast. Pop and the popular are two completely different things for me. Pop has the opportunity to be very poetic. That's what I wanted to totally assume on this album.

Is it a homecoming?

It is a return to the irreverence of my sources. And also to the cowardice of my youth. When you write an album for personal reasons, you do not think of the consequences, because they are not as important as the emotion. So this is an album where you feel that I do not care about opinions! That's why the melodies are so hot, that there are so many colors ... It's not something that seeks to please or to be in a particular style, it exists in its own universe.

It gives a very honest album, very intimate ...

... and very direct. I feel that what I have to say is important and relevant. I think I found this urgency to communicate, which I had not felt in years!

In recent years, you have been a coach at The Voice in France, and at X Factor in Italy. How have these experiences changed your approach to music?

They have not changed my approach to music. They gave me a little distance, which allowed me to re-examine my creative process.

It was very helpful because it gave me a way to talk to people and to express myself. On the other hand, at a certain point, it must be said that it is addictive. There is recognition very quickly, so much faster than in music.

You say that Blue is your favorite song on the album, why?

Because it's a suspended moment. It's a real love letter to the women of my family. When we say we love someone, it is not only in joy and success. It means: "I love you in your most blue moments. When you do not love yourself, I love you. "

While listening to San Remo, we imagine a song that invites to the holidays, but in fact, it is rather your look of young homosexual teenager on this place in Italy?

Yes. It's very representative of the album. There are all these melodies, it's sweet and poetic, but in fact there is a more intense, darker and more personal background.

Like the contrasts of the album, would you say that the song Tiny Love speaks of the great love?

Exactly! I wanted to break the clichés of love songs. It amused me, and it evolved very naturally. I realized that a love song has nothing to do with love for a person; it's bigger than that, it's wider, and it's also tiny, because it's transparent.

page 1

2019-10-2_Metro_Montreal_p1.thumb.png.3680a65328704bc3055e201be9b8e2ae.png

page 13

2019-10-2_Metro_Montreal_p13.thumb.png.348d605e68788b3aa55fbf6b1f5c49c8.png

ART-Mika-2000.thumb.jpg.facc5570009e85bee3fe6cef5642a1e3.jpg

• Like 1

le Soleil

https://www.lesoleil.com/arts/redecouvrir-mika-23d6d1f41e1e737c4561c86691e0aa98

Pressreader https://www.pressreader.com/canada/le-soleil/20191003/page/33/textview

• 3 octobre 2019 9h00
 Redécouvrir Mika
  • Josée Lapointe / La Presse

MONTRÉAL — La super-vedette Mika est de retour sur disque et sur scène après quatre ans. Avec ce cinquième album intitulé «My Name Is Michael Holbrook», qui sera lancé vendredi, le chanteur de 36 ans veut faire la preuve que musique pop peut rimer avec profondeur, et surtout que la télé ne lui a pas fait perdre son mojo.

Nous avons rencontré Mika à la mi-septembre dans un hôtel du centre-ville de Montréal, au lendemain de deux spectacles survoltés qu’il venait de livrer au théâtre Corona, sans autres effets spéciaux que sa générosité, ses mouvements de danse déchaînés et son énergie débordante.

C’est que le chanteur britannique d’origine libanaise a choisi de «casser» son nouveau matériel et son spectacle de ce côté-ci de l’Atlantique — les représentations de Montréal arrivaient tout de suite après New York et juste avant San Francisco. Sa tournée des grands amphithéâtres européens commencera en 2020, et il promet qu’il repassera par chez nous très bientôt.

«Je voulais commencer avec des publics qui me donnent quelque chose, qui ne veulent pas juste prendre, confie-t-il, détendu et chaleureux. Avec l’esprit que j’ai en ce moment, c’était important d’aller dans des endroits qui comptent, où j’ai un lien.»

Il ne s’est pas trompé : lors du deuxième soir au Corona, alors que le spectacle était clairement terminé et qu’il saluait la foule pour une dernière fois avant de quitter la scène, les spectateurs continuaient de taper des mains en lui criant… merci.

«C’est bizarre, c’est moi qui est en train de remercier et après, c’est eux qui me remercient», dit-il, songeur, notant «l’intelligence du public».

«Après quatre ans d’une vie assez compliquée, c’est comme s’ils avaient compris que je voulais faire un grand truc émotionnel pour me reconstruire.»

Deuil et maladie dans sa famille immédiate et chez des proches : le chanteur ne s’en cache pas, il est passé à travers une grande période de turbulences personnelles au cours des dernières années. L’idée que «ce que tu prends comme des choses qui vont toujours être là commence à s’effriter» l’a fortement ébranlé. Il l’avoue, ce disque, «né directement de la tristesse», lui a permis de se sentir «moins loser».

«J’ai pu me retrouver sans la patine des années et retrouver mon bonheur. Et c’est seulement ce bonheur dru, rude, qui peut m’aider à combattre la réalité de la vie. Pas dans le sens de la carrière, mais de la vraie vie, qu’on doit tous vivre.»

L’après-télé

On le perçoit dans la conversation, Mika sentait aussi le besoin de prouver qu’il avait encore une légitimité comme artiste. C’est que cet album arrive après plusieurs années de présence intensive à la télé — il a entre autres été juge pendant deux saisons à la téléréalité X Factor en Italie et coach à The Voice en France de 2014 à 2019.

Bien sûr, il ne regrette pas cette expérience, pendant laquelle il a vraiment pu être lui-même. «J’ai pu m’exprimer dans un monde où on a très peu la possibilité de le faire. Je ne me suis pas fait chier et je n’ai aucun regret.» Mais il a «du mal à imaginer» qu’il y reviendra un jour, préférant le travail au long cours de la musique à l’immédiateté et à l’éphémère de la télé.

«J’ai dû me séparer de ça pour ne pas devenir addict.» L’objectif étant maintenant de démontrer que ce n’est pas parce qu’on le voyait à l’écran toutes les semaines ou qu’il a fait des pubs pour Peugeot qu’il ne peut plus surprendre.

«C’est une provocation délicieuse. Quand j’ai annoncé que je faisais un nouvel album, les gens disaient : “mais qu’est-ce qu’il a encore à raconter?”. Et moi, je me disais : “je vais vous casser les couilles”.» Son but? Affirmer sa place comme «un artiste qui travaille dans la pop, mais qui n’est pas dirigé par la commercialisation de sa propre musique».

«Ce n’est pas sale de faire de la télé si on reste nous-mêmes. Ce n’est pas sale de faire de la musique pop et mélodique si nos histoires racontent des choses.»

Il a d’ailleurs tenu à faire un disque avec très peu de collaborateurs «plutôt que du collage», toutes les chansons ont été composées chez lui — «c’était la règle, je ne voulais pas travailler avec des gens qui ne venaient pas chez moi» — et s’est laissé inspirer par les couleurs pour créer les différentes ambiances du disque.

«J’ai décidé de faire de la pop qui parle de la vie, de religion, de sexualité, de politique. Comment donner un contexte à toutes ces choses sans devenir lourd? Eh bien les couleurs, c’est une manière très efficace et universelle de créer des chapitres.»

Authenticité

Il est clair que ce cinquième album est celui de la vérité et de l’authenticité pour Mika, et c’est avec ce feu et «cette énergie que vous avez vue en spectacle» qu’il va le défendre. «C’est comme si je déchirais mes propres habits.» C’est d’ailleurs pour se remettre en contact avec lui-même qu’il a utilisé son nom civil, Michael Holbrook, comme titre de l’album.

«Ça m’a permis de faire une sorte de reset sur qui j’étais. De reconnaître mon père. De dire merci à ma mère. De dire : “je suis Mika, le fils de mes parents”. Pour comprendre qui je suis et d’où je viens, sinon je ne vais jamais pouvoir continuer, même si je dois continuer tout seul. Bizarrement, Michael Holbrook m’a aidé à redécouvrir Mika.»

Spoiler

Rediscover Mika

MONTREAL - Super-star Mika is back on record and on stage after four years. With this fifth album entitled "My Name is Michael Holbrook", which will be released Friday, the 36 year old singer wants to prove that pop music can rhyme with depth, and especially that the TV did not make him lose his mojo.

We met Mika in mid-September in a hotel in downtown Montreal, the day after two highly charged shows that he had just performed at the Corona Theater, with no other special effects than his generosity, unbridled dance moves and his overflowing energy.

The British singer of Lebanese origin chose to "break" his new material and show on this side of the Atlantic - the Montreal performances were just after New York and just before San Francisco. His tour of the big European amphitheatres will begin in 2020, and he promises that he will come back home very soon.

"I wanted to start with audiences who give me something, who just do not want to take," he says, relaxed and warm. With the spirit I have right now, it was important to go to places that matter, where I have a connection. "

He was not mistaken: during the second night at the Corona, when the show was clearly over and he greeted the crowd for the last time before leaving the stage, the spectators continued clapping and shouting at him ... thank you.

"It's weird, it's me who is thanking and after, it's them who thank me," he said pensively, noting "the intelligence of the public."

"After four years of a rather complicated life, it's as if they realized that I wanted to do a great emotional thing to rebuild myself."

Mourning and illness in his immediate family and relatives: the singer does not hide it, he has gone through a great period of personal turbulence in recent years. The idea that "what you take as things that will always be there begins to crumble" has shaken it. He admits, this disc, "born directly from sadness", allowed him to feel "less loser".

"I was able to find myself without the patina of years and find my happiness. And it's only that hard, tough happiness that can help me fight the reality of life. Not in the sense of career, but of real life, that we all have to live. "

The post-TV

We see him in the conversation, Mika also felt the need to prove that he still had legitimacy as an artist. This album comes after several years of intensive presence on TV - he has been judge for two seasons at X Factor show in Italy and coach at The Voice in France from 2014 to 2019.

Of course, he does not regret this experience, during which he really could be himself. "I was able to express myself in a world where there is very little opportunity to do it. I'm not pissed off and I have no regrets. "But he" has a hard time imagining "that he will return one day, preferring the long-term work of music to immediacy and ephemeral TV.

"I had to part with that so as not to become addicted." The goal now is to demonstrate that it's not because you see it on the screen every week or that it's been ads for Peugeot that he can not surprise anymore.

"It's a delicious provocation. When I announced that I was making a new album, people were saying, "but what else has he to tell?" And I said to myself: "I'm going to break your balls." Assert his place as "an artist who works in pop, but who is not led by the marketing of his own music".

"It's not dirty to do TV if we stay ourselves. It's not dirty to make pop and melodic music if our stories tell stories. "

He also made a record with very few collaborators "rather than collage", all songs were composed at home - "it was the rule, I did not want to work with people who did not come at home "- and was inspired by the colors to create the different environments of the disc.

"I decided to make pop talking about life, religion, sexuality, politics. How to give context to all these things without becoming heavy? Well colors, it's a very efficient and universal way to create chapters. "

Authenticity

It is clear that this fifth album is that of the truth and the authenticity for Mika, and it is with this fire and "this energy that you saw in spectacle" that it will defend it. "It's like I'm tearing up my own clothes." It's also to get back in touch with himself that he used his name, Michael Holbrook, as the title of the album.

"It allowed me to do some sort of reset on who I was. To recognize my father. To say thank you to my mother. To say: "I am Mika, the son of my parents". To understand who I am and where I come from, otherwise I will never be able to continue, even if I have to go on my own. Oddly enough, Michael Holbrook helped me rediscover Mika. "

2019_10.03_CANADA_lesoleil-p33.thumb.jpg.957f15bd99e0f7f9e54cd1b5a45b44dc.jpg

lesoleil_com.jpg.f1f4017bbb9981d3ee13ef568feb223d.jpg

lesoleil.com_color.thumb.jpg.28303f068c7ba20f3d978a62fda3ddbe.jpg

Mika a livré deux spectacles survoltés au théâtre Corona, à Montréal, sans autres effets spéciaux que sa générosité, ses mouvements de danse déchaînés et son énergie débordante.

-- La Presse Hugo-Sébastien Aubert

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Fugues

décembre 2019

PDF file of the issue https://www.fugues-2019-vol-36-no-09-.pdf

Le cadeau de la Musique

Mika se dévoile avec «My Name Is Michael Holbrook» 

Composé entre Miami, Londres et la campagne Toscane, l’opus se compose de 13 titres aux sonorités pop irrésistibles parmi lesquels le très hot Ice Cream,l’émouvant Tiny Love, le dépaysant Sanremo  ou encore Dear Jealousy, dernier simple en date présenté par l’artiste. L’auteur aborde des thématiques très personnelles et retourne à l’essence de ce qu’il est: «Je parle de ma vie, de choses jamais dites, je parle de ma famille… c’est un album extrêmement personnel avec énormément de joie, qui fait danser et pleurer», nous avait confié Mika en interview, lors de son passage à Montréal. 

Dernière mise à jour le 22 novembre 2019

Spoiler

Mika unveils with "My Name Is Michael Holbrook"

Composed between Miami, London and the Tuscan countryside, the opus is composed of 13 tracks with irresistible pop tones, including the hot Ice Cream, the moving Tiny Love, the exotic Sanremo or Dear Jealousy, latest simple presented by the artist. The author approaches very personal themes and returns to the essence of what it is: "I speak of my life, of things never said, I speak of my family ... it is an extremely personal album with a lot of joy , which makes dancing and crying, "Mika told us during an interview in Montreal.

Last updated on November 22, 2019

The "Fugues" interview in Montreal is HERE:bye:

fugues_idees-cadeaux-2019-vol-36-no-09_p_89.thumb.jpg.5cd1549916951b583b7e14121f77a570.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2019 at 10:43 PM, cathouzouf said:

On 12/14/2019 at 6:53 AM, izabeil said:

I want to go!!!!

:wink2: here is the thread

Mika as a guest ICI Télé «En direct de l'univers» 18 Jan 2020

Good luck !! :crossed:

Assister aux enregistrements

Publiccible.com

Mika is mentioned in the interview of Jean-Philippe Dion.

Julie Belanger.com

• 23 décembre 2019
Le bonheur selon...Jean-Philippe Dion – Être bien par Julie Bélanger

J’ai eu le plaisir de côtoyer Jean-Philippe pendant quelques années à la radio. Derrière le gars travaillant et perfectionniste, qui cumule les succès comme producteur et animateur, y’a aussi un gars très drôle, vrai et attachant. À son tour de se dévoiler et de nous faire découvrir sa vraie nature!

Un voyage dont tu te rappelleras toute ta vie?

Je sais que ça peut paraître un peu cliché, mais pour moi, la tournée avec Céline Dion, c’est un événement marquant dans ma vie. Non seulement nous suivions la plus grande chanteuse au monde, mais nous étions aussi une gang d’amis (caméramans, recherchistes, etc.) à vivre ça ensemble. Ce sont des gens que je côtoie encore. Et toutes les occasions sont bonnes pour se faire un souper retrouvaille de la tournée de Céline, haha.

Personnellement, il y a aussi eu mon voyage en Thaïlande que j’ai fait l’an passé, qui a été extraordinaire. J’ai décroché totalement. J’étais dans une période où j’avais besoin de prendre ce pas de recul pour mieux regarder en avant. Il y a plein de décisions que j’ai prises à ce moment qui sont en cours en ce moment.

Je me rappelle aussi de voyages mémorables avec Accès Illimité, dont celui à Londres avec Mika. Nous étions chez lui et sa voisine d’à côté, c’était Beyoncé et celle d’en face, Adele. Je me disais: « est-ce qu’on vit vraiment ça en ce moment? ».

Spoiler

Happiness according to ... Jean-Philippe Dion -

I had the pleasure of rubbing shoulders with Jean-Philippe for a few years on the radio. Behind the hardworking and perfectionist guy, who has had success as a producer and host, is also a very funny, real and engaging guy. It's his turn to reveal himself and let us discover his true nature!

A trip you will remember all your life?

I know it may sound a little cliché, but for me, the tour with Céline Dion is a milestone in my life. Not only were we following the greatest singer in the world, but we were also a gang of friends (cameramen, researchers, etc.) living this together. These are people I still meet. And every opportunity is good to have a reunion supper from Celine's tour, haha.

Personally, there was also my trip to Thailand that I did last year, which was extraordinary. I picked up completely. I was in a period when I needed to take this step back to better look forward. There are a lot of decisions that I made at the moment that are in progress at the moment.

I also remember memorable trips with Unlimited Access, including one in London with Mika. We were at his house and his neighbor next door was Beyoncé and the one opposite Adele. I was like, "Are we really going through this right now? ".

( it's taken on 2015/03/04 19:47 in Mika's place in London. )

moi-et-cie-mika-103-pj.thumb.jpg.db6cd3a2ad97c7cb751ecb539be501fc.jpg

VIDS in 2015

• Thanks 1

A Journal of Musical Things.com

Published on December 26th, 2019 | by Zoe Orion

AJoMT’s Zoe picks the Top 5 albums of 2019 - A Journal of Musical Things

Artist: Mika
Album: My Name Is Michael Holbrook

Mika is ready to be himself on My Name Is Michael Holbrook, his boldest and most personal album to date. Mika himself describes the album as an ‘explosion of joy, colour, and emotion,’ and I honestly can’t put it any better than that. Although his sound is sugary sweet, authenticity is at the core of what Mika does. The human elements and the personal aspects always shine through the fantastical, which is what makes Mika such an important and unique pop artist.