2019 - Mika @ Ace Hotel Theater, Los Angeles, USA, 21 Sept

Sivan

18 minutes ago, Sivan said:

i can't see a thread for this.... anyone going to this one??? where are my Mika buddies??? 🙈

Yeah, sorry we didn't have time yet to open threads about the NA shows, or add them to the calendar... there'll be a RSVP list on the calendar event once we set it up, I'll add a link to it to your post then. ;)

Would love to see you again, but I'll have to pass - maybe next time, I'm still planning to visit California again some day. :wub2:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mellody said:

Yeah, sorry we didn't have time yet to open threads about the NA shows, or add them to the calendar... there'll be a RSVP list on the calendar event once we set it up, I'll add a link to it to your post then. ;)

Would love to see you again, but I'll have to pass - maybe next time, I'm still planning to visit California again some day.

Awww ok! yeah you are a BIT far! im thinking all the LA area people have moved on! Charlotte is going but we have separated seats :( it wont be like old times, thats for sure.
I also got a ticket for my mini Mika but the venue says it's 5 and up and she will be 3. it's her birthday that week and i would SO love taking her with me! im trying to figure that one out. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sivan said:

Awww ok! yeah you are a BIT far! im thinking all the LA area people have moved on! Charlotte is going but we have separated seats :( it wont be like old times, thats for sure.
I also got a ticket for my mini Mika but the venue says it's 5 and up and she will be 3. it's her birthday that week and i would SO love taking her with me! im trying to figure that one out. 

Well maybe some will find their way back here with those shows. :)

Good luck for taking your daughter. It's really different for every venue. My daughter's only 2, she won't sit still and start crying when she gets tired, so I'm not even thinking about taking her - but I'll take my 5yo son to Paris and Luxemburg, he's always curious and happy about new experiences, so I think he'll enjoy it. :)

• Like 2

Mika will be 3 then and she loves music and shows. she might want to leave before it ends but not sure :)

I think it will be fine though. I got first row center for the balcony which can be great for her to just enjoy it and see well. argh! i have to figure this out! lol if mika was 2 i wouldnt think about taking her either. Your son will enjoy it for sure :)

Well maybe some will find their way back here with those shows. :)

Good luck for taking your daughter. It's really different for every venue. My daughter's only 2, she won't sit still and start crying when she gets tired, so I'm not even thinking about taking her - but I'll take my 5yo son to Paris and Luxemburg, he's always curious and happy about new experiences, so I think he'll enjoy it. :)

• Like 1

On 7/10/2019 at 1:32 PM, Sivan said:

Finally came on here!  It’s been so long.  I miss everyone.  The OGs are still here.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Sivan,

I respond to your question here in the main thread as for some reason I didn't get an email notification from the Calendar that you posted a question for me there.

Anyway, the kids are 12 and 6. Both are excited to go to the show :).

I booked a hotel near LAX for now, as we are flying into LA the night before (Friday @ 7 pm), and we have an early morning flight on Sunday @ 8 am, so I believe staying near the airport is our best bet. What do you think? I am not looking forward to going back to LAX late at night (the little one, I am sure, will be exhausted) but it's probably better than going to the airport early in the morning. Or Sunday morning traffic is fine? I just want to make sure I don't miss my flight :). 

What time should we leave LAX on Saturday afternoon to make it downtown around 5 pm or so? I hope to have time to feed the kids dinner somewhere, so if you have any recommendations for Japanese food (or pizza), I'd be great.

Also, if any MFC's are meeting for dinner somewhere, I'd love to join the group and meet everyone in person. 

Many thanks in advance for your help!

• Like 1

On 8/11/2019 at 9:02 AM, miknikel said:

Chloé, we're waiting for the drawing.   :wink2:

Just curious what kind of drawing you are talking about.... sorry, I am kind of new to forums and fan chats :)

7 minutes ago, nvk said:

Just curious what kind of drawing you are talking about.... sorry, I am kind of new to forums and fan chats :)

I used to try and draw the sold out drawing before Yasmine releases hers 😁 i did those two for Montreal and then MexicoDB9919EA-FA90-4CCB-B4FB-0BEA203575F4.thumb.jpeg.749944ce19812912c10ed63e49c57498.jpegAB933020-D748-49BD-BE83-5616195B5051.thumb.jpeg.15b0964028b3d6f4963f608bcb8c48fa.jpeg

• Haha 1

On 8/10/2019 at 7:51 AM, nvk said:

Hi Sivan,

I respond to your question here in the main thread as for some reason I didn't get an email notification from the Calendar that you posted a question for me there.

I booked a hotel near LAX for now, as we are flying into LA the night before (Friday @ 7 pm), and we have an early morning flight on Sunday @ 8 am, so I believe staying near the airport is our best bet. What do you think? I am not looking forward to going back to LAX late at night (the little one, I am sure, will be exhausted) but it's probably better than going to the airport early in the morning. Or Sunday morning traffic is fine? I just want to make sure I don't miss my flight :). 

What time should we leave LAX on Saturday afternoon to make it downtown around 5 pm or so? I hope to have time to feed the kids dinner somewhere, so if you have any recommendations for Japanese food (or pizza), I'd be great.

Also, if any MFC's are meeting for dinner somewhere, I'd love to join the group and meet everyone in person. 

Just a little tip, if you put an @ before the username, like this : @Sivan , the member usually gets a notification about your post. ;)

On 8/10/2019 at 1:51 AM, nvk said:

Hi Sivan,

@mellody Hey!  I just joined the fan club today so I hope I'm doing this correctly lol.  But anyways I'm from downtown LA and also going to the LA concert so I thought I could answer your questions! 

So staying near LAX is a great idea so you can make it to your departing flight at LAX.  Sunday morning traffic isn't that bad but always a good rule of thumb to be there 3 hours before your flight.  From LAX to downtown LA by car at that time could take 30-60minutes depending on how long you're in downtown LA until you reach your destination.  If it were me, I'd leave LAX by 4:15pm at the latest. 

If you want really good Japanese food, there's an amazing restaurant in Little Tokyo that makes fresh udon (you can even see them make the udon from your seat!)  It's called Marugame Monzo.  I recommend calling them before you get there to reserve a seat because it's a small intimate restaurant that can fill fast.  :)  They do fusion and traditional udon! 

If you have any more questions about getting around DTLA or what to do, I'd be happy to help you or anyone else out!

• Like 1

@Amelia Fong

Hi Amelia,

I believe your response was for me (nvk) :), but I am sure I am not the only one anyway in the forum who will appreciate the insights from a local :). Many thanks for taking the time to share what you know about LA restaurants and downtown commute!

Do you mind another question? Any advice on getting from LAX to the venue (and back)? Taxi (a flat rate option?), Uber (doesn't have one but am willing to sign up), FlyAway? With two kids, what would be my best option? I did my homework but still find all these options a bit confusing (so used to driving myself ... but wont' risk renting a car and driving in LA :)). 

Thank you again!

• 3 weeks later...

11 days to go, L.A.! 😁
If anyone is interested in meeting up, I recommend Grand Central Market as a spot! It's a 15-17 minute walk from the Theatre, but it has a great ice cream spot called McConnell's that I'll probably hit up before the gig anyway because I can't travel downtown without indulging ;) 🍦

• Like 1