2019 - Mika @ Ace Hotel Theater, Los Angeles, USA, 21 Sept

Sivan

On 9/10/2019 at 12:26 PM, rubberduckiiz2 said:

11 days to go, L.A.! 😁
If anyone is interested in meeting up, I recommend Grand Central Market as a spot! It's a 15-17 minute walk from the Theatre, but it has a great ice cream spot called McConnell's that I'll probably hit up before the gig anyway because I can't travel downtown without indulging ;) 🍦

Hi @rubberduckiiz2!

Thanks for the suggestion! I am interested in checking this ice-cream place out ... something to bribe the kids with before the gig so that they behave :).  We are coming to LA the night before, so I can send a private email to you and everyone interested in getting together closer to the gig date with my phone # and we can then just text each other to confirm the plans. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vanne Gavela said:

Hey guys! I'm also going to the show in LA im SO excited!!!!! I'm from Ecuador, I'm visiting my family in Chatsworth and this is my first MIKA concert ever.. I can't wait !! I hope to meet some of you, it's always great to have new Mika friends 

Hi @Vanne Gavela!

It's my first MIKA gig as well :) . Everyone here says we are going to really enjoy it :) 

On 9/11/2019 at 7:04 PM, nvk said:

Hi @rubberduckiiz2!

Thanks for the suggestion! I am interested in checking this ice-cream place out ... something to bribe the kids with before the gig so that they behave :).  We are coming to LA the night before, so I can send a private email to you and everyone interested in getting together closer to the gig date with my phone # and we can then just text each other to confirm the plans. 

That sounds great!

On 8/9/2019 at 10:51 PM, nvk said:

Hi Sivan,

I respond to your question here in the main thread as for some reason I didn't get an email notification from the Calendar that you posted a question for me there.

Anyway, the kids are 12 and 6. Both are excited to go to the show :).

I booked a hotel near LAX for now, as we are flying into LA the night before (Friday @ 7 pm), and we have an early morning flight on Sunday @ 8 am, so I believe staying near the airport is our best bet. What do you think? I am not looking forward to going back to LAX late at night (the little one, I am sure, will be exhausted) but it's probably better than going to the airport early in the morning. Or Sunday morning traffic is fine? I just want to make sure I don't miss my flight :). 

What time should we leave LAX on Saturday afternoon to make it downtown around 5 pm or so? I hope to have time to feed the kids dinner somewhere, so if you have any recommendations for Japanese food (or pizza), I'd be great.

Also, if any MFC's are meeting for dinner somewhere, I'd love to join the group and meet everyone in person. 

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Hey @nvk I guess you didn't tag me so I didn't see the response earlier but I guess you got your answers right? I will be front row balcony center or front row on the floor all the way to the right of look at the stage. Long story.... 😂

@Sivan

Hi! Yeah ... sorry, I didn't know how tagging worked at that time ... :) :) 

Thanks for getting back to me! We are in the back of Orchestra Right (the very beginning of row AA) - Wow! You can be in the front row on the floor but also want to be in the balcony?? Why the latter?? 

On 9/15/2019 at 11:27 PM, nvk said:

@Sivan

Hi! Yeah ... sorry, I didn't know how tagging worked at that time ... :) :) 

Thanks for getting back to me! We are in the back of Orchestra Right (the very beginning of row AA) - Wow! You can be in the front row on the floor but also want to be in the balcony?? Why the latter?? 

So are you next to me?? 

I will be ROW A seat 12...it is ALL the way to the right. what seats you have? so we can say hi hehe. oh and at first i had balcony tickets and my cousin in la said she would like to join....but then @Charlotte Christy Sluder told me there was one sit available on the front row (i wasnt sure my cousin in la is coming for sure so i got it just in case) but then she said she is coming so i felt bad leaving her there.... BUT NOW! it's all good she found another friend to come so they will be at the balcony :) FHEW!

1 hour ago, ethanpies said:

I am SO excited for the show tomorrow :)

I'm bringing my best friend who has never even HEARD Mika.

:lol3: Good idea?

GREAT idea! You are a good friend. Mika is the best possible show to see, ever. Your friend owes you!

• Like 3

On 9/19/2019 at 11:12 AM, Sivan said:

So are you next to me?? 

I will be ROW A seat 12...it is ALL the way to the right. what seats you have? so we can say hi hehe. oh and at first i had balcony tickets and my cousin in la said she would like to join....but then @Charlotte Christy Sluder told me there was one sit available on the front row (i wasnt sure my cousin in la is coming for sure so i got it just in case) but then she said she is coming so i felt bad leaving her there.... BUT NOW! it's all good she found another friend to come so they will be at the balcony :) FHEW!

@SivanLucky you!! :) No, we are in AA, not A ... :( Seats 2, 3, and 4. I didn't know about presale and during the regular sale AA was as close as I could get without having to pay a fortune for three tickets ... I will be glad to visit you in row A say "hi"! :) 

20 hours ago, ethanpies said:

I am SO excited for the show tomorrow :)

I'm bringing my best friend who has never even HEARD Mika.

:lol3: Good idea?

As long as your friend knows people will be standing up and dancing and not sitting in their seats, fine. 

• Haha 1

@nvk

Hey!  I use Lyft/Uber to get around to and from the airport so I highly recommend using them to get around with your kids.  I haven't had any bad experiences in LA using Lyft/Uber so you should be in good hands for the time being :) Also there's a specific pick up area if you'll be taking Lyft/Uber it should say "Ride Share Pick-Up Area".  

Lyft/Uber has a flat rate and an option to tip at the end so you'll know how much you're spending and there's a map you can follow on your phone so you'll know how long it'll take to get to where you're going!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

• Like 1

I totally forgot to check this thread before today lol

I’m here and in lower balcony C120!

I’m not sure if I’ll have time to wait after the show for Mika tonight but I hope all of you firsttimers have fun!!!!!

52 minutes ago, Daisuke said:

I totally forgot to check this thread before today lol

I’m here and in lower balcony C120!

I’m not sure if I’ll have time to wait after the show for Mika tonight but I hope all of you firsttimers have fun!!!!!

@Daisuke

Thanks! :) You, too!! :)

On 9/20/2019 at 11:18 PM, nvk said:

@SivanLucky you!! :) No, we are in AA, not A ... :( Seats 2, 3, and 4. I didn't know about presale and during the regular sale AA was as close as I could get without having to pay a fortune for three tickets ... I will be glad to visit you in row A say "hi"! :) 

Was nice meeting you!! Hope you had fun 😁 @nvk

Edited by Sivan

@Sivan

Nice meeting you!! It was a great experince, with some lessons learned.... :). No kids next time, as it's not realistic to have a kid stay (not sit) for the whole show... We had to leave before the end of the gig because the little one couldn't stay any more and we couldn't see anything behind everyone standing :). Oh well, I know now what to expect next time and am certainly looking forward to his next gigs (January-February, maybe??? :)). I hope you had a chance to say "hi" to him! 

5 minutes ago, nvk said:

@Sivan

Nice meeting you!! It was a great experince, with some lessons learned.... :). No kids next time, as it's not realistic to have a kid stay (not sit) for the whole show... We had to leave before the end of the gig because the little one couldn't stay any more and we couldn't see anything behind everyone standing :). Oh well, I know now what to expect next time and am certainly looking forward to his next gigs (January-February, maybe??? :)). I hope you had a chance to say "hi" to him! 

I just posted a little review in the after the show section 😊 yeah must have been hard for you with 2 kids. I'm sorry you had to leave 😕😞 I had a blast. I'm glad I've decided to go to the front row. Mika was by me a lot 😅 hope we can all be at the front together next time.