Hello from Victoria, Canada

nvk

Hello all,

Greetings from Victoria, Canada! 

In December 2017, I heard a cool song performed by one of the Voice Russia contestants and decided to find out who wrote it. It turned out to be Grace Kelly by MIKA. Okay, since I really liked the song, I started searching for more songs by MIKA just out of curiosity.  That's how I found Relax and realized that I really liked that song many years ago. I lived in the US then, and my step aerobics instructor constantly played it in class (he was really into European music). I just never knew the name of the artist, but I immediately recognized the melody. To cut a long story short, I am fortunate that my 12-year old and my 6-year old liked MIKA's music, too, when I introduced them to it, so we do not argue in the car what music to play (we do have different favorites, though, so we take turns selecting what song to listen to next). 

Lately, I've been visiting MIKA's site and the forum occasionally but decided to register today once I saw there will be shows in North America. I look forward to meeting all of you virtually and perhaps some of you personally at the show.  Sadly, the closest locations to me are LA and San Francisco. Does anyone know if there's a chance there will be a show in Vancouver?? Flying to Montreal is not an option, unfortunately. It's just not fair that - as of now - there are two shows in Eastern Canada and none in Western Canada :)), but I still would really like to come to the show n (any!) with my both kids, so I guess I need to plan for a mini-vacation in September :).  

Warmest wishes to all!

• Like 4

Hello @nvk and welcome to the MFC.  :welcomeani: Enjoy the forum. You'll find everything about Mika here.If you need help just have to ask.  I hope you can attend at least two shows. Mika live is pure magic and happiness:wub2:

Hello and welcome to the MFC and have a lot of fun here. I´m Sabine from Germany. Before you buy tickets for LA or San Francisko check at which age the venues let kids in, I saw a venue with only over 16 years old..... But I hope you can bring your kids to one or two of his shows because he is so worth to travel.....

• Like 1

Mika has such a huge audience in Québec compared to English speaking Canada I guess we're out of luck. I'm in Toronto and have seen him in Vancouver as well but that was when he was doing music full time so he had more extensive tours. You will enjoy LA though. Great fans in the US and you'll probably see a celeb or two at the show.

• 3 weeks later...