Another "hello from The Netherlands"

Michelluuuh

Hey folks,
Okay, well, here's my story. Make yourself a cup of tea, because it's a long one.
When Life in Cartoon Motion came out, I was 5 years old. Relax, Take it Easy, Lollipop, Big Girl and Grace Kelly were on the radio all the time. 
I really loved those songs, but as the time passed by, the songs were played less and less on the radio. And at that time, the radio was my main source for music. 
All the years after that, I didn't listen to Mika anymore, but everytime songs from his first album came on the radio, I got that happy, nostalgic feeling. 
Earlier this year, I was thinking about Grace Kelly. I rememberd that I really liked that song when I was younger (ugh, younger, as if I'm old xD) So I looked it up on Spotify. 
And on that day, somewhere in May 2019, me being 17 years old, I found out that all the songs above were from one artist. For 12 years I didn't know!
At that time, my exam period just ended (I passed, yay!) and I began listening to all his songs and I caught myself listening to it all day, every day. I watched some interviews from him
(my French isn't that good and I can't speak Italian so I was verrryyy grateful for the English interviews haha) and I really liked his personality. I watched some of his shows online
and I was amazed by his performances. Two days after that, he announced his new tour. It was ment to be. Usually I think a thousand times before I buy something, but this, I had to buy
myself a ticket. Sooooooo, I'm going to my first concert ever next year, on my own, and I'm glad it's one from Mika.
I've been following the mikafanclub Instagram and this website for a while, so it was about time I signed up for this website. 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, kreacher said:

Welcome to MFC! :bye:

Your story made me smile, it was kinda like a fairy tale.

Congrats on your first Mika gig, you're in for a treat!

Awww thank you @kreacher. This summer I was thinking about writing some stories and maybe when I'm better at writing, I want to write a book , so I see that as a big compliment. Your comment made me smile too!❤️

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mikasister said:

Hello @Michelluuuh and welcome to the MFC. :welcomeani: Enjoy the forum. I leave you some threads that may interest you :wink2:

(…)

And it's always good as a new member, take a look at the Guidelines

https://www.mikafanclub.com/mika-fan-club-guidelines/

Thanks for the threads and thanks for the tip!😘 (Omg, I just found out that there are Mika emoticons on this website hahahaha:mikadas::lmao:)

• Like 2

Hello :welcomeani:to the MFC! I've already made my tea (I'm tea addicted :D) so it was really good story. Normal one, I'm so happy about your story. You found Mika etc.

I'm sure everyday you will learn new things about him. It always happen to me. I'm fan of Mika for ages but everyday I find new thing from somewhere. It's really enjoyable, trust me. Btw I'm 17 y.o too :grandma:

• Like 1

Hello, @Michelluuuh, welcome to the MFC! :D I saw that Eriko gave you the link to the MFC subtitling team's page, now you'll be able to enjoy all the interviews you want and deeply fall into Mika's universe (warning: there's no way back :naughty:)

20 hours ago, Michelluuuh said:

It was ment to be. Usually I think a thousand times before I buy something, but this, I had to buy
myself a ticket. Sooooooo, I'm going to my first concert ever next year, on my own, and I'm glad it's one from Mika.

About that, I have a similar story! You brought some really nice memories :wub2:

I'm sure you're gonna have a wonderful time - and hope it'll be the first of many! 

Have lots of fun here :bye:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sara09 said:

Hello, @Michelluuuh, welcome to the MFC! :D I saw that Eriko gave you the link to the MFC subtitling team's page, now you'll be able to enjoy all the interviews you want and deeply fall into Mika's universe (warning: there's no way back :naughty:)

About that, I have a similar story! You brought some really nice memories :wub2:

I'm sure you're gonna have a wonderful time - and hope it'll be the first of many! 

Have lots of fun here :bye:

Thank you for your sweet comment!
I've looked on the subtitling page and I noticed that quite a lot video's don't work, often the ones from 2014 and older. *Cries in French, Italian and English* :crybaby:

What's your similar story @sara09?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Michelluuuh said:

I've looked on the subtitling page and I noticed that quite a lot video's don't work, often the ones from 2014 and older. *Cries in French, Italian and English* :crybaby:

I'm not impulsive (at all!) and I had never been to a gig before, I really don't feel comfortable in crowded places. One day I just woke up and decided that I was going to attend one of his gigs, even if it had to be on my own. I bought my ticket and the next summer I was there - far away from any expectation ahah 

Yes, I noticed too! Let me write to the team, I'll let you know ^_^

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/17/2019 at 12:26 AM, Michelluuuh said:

We want everyone to be able to enjoy the subbed videos so please explain more precisely the problen with the subbed videos into a pm to @Subtitling Team