2019 - Mika @ Brooklyn Steel, New York, USA, 12 Sept

Kumazzz

Ok, so it seems I’m coming to NY again (well, the first time I’m coming for Mika) I’m very excited since I love this city! And Mika its just the cherry on top 😃

Edited by maggie112
  • Like 4

No fan pre-sale? Probably because we bought them all. I arrive on the 12th in NYC and could go to this one too. I guess they are available tomorrow at 10 am Eastern time. 

1 hour ago, Kirnah said:

Do you guys know who is gonna be treated as "US/Canada resident"? I'm in US on J1 visa, so technicly I live and work here. 

If you have a US mailing address, you should be consider a US resident. Did you get the email with instructions with on to redeem your code so that you get the free CD?

On 7/18/2019 at 3:36 PM, sarac said:

No fan pre-sale? Probably because we bought them all. I arrive on the 12th in NYC and could go to this one too. I guess they are available tomorrow at 10 am Eastern time. 

Were you able to get a ticket for the 12th, Sara? There was an Amex presale on Wednesday, not sure how the sale went today.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

If you have a US mailing address, you should be consider a US resident. Did you get the email with instructions with on to redeem your code so that you get the free CD?

Not yet, I just got an email with informations like "Thank you for your purchase. Your confirmation number is...." (it also says that my ticket will bedelivered at 07.23)

8 hours ago, Kirnah said:

Not yet, I just got an email with informations like "Thank you for your purchase. Your confirmation number is...." (it also says that my ticket will bedelivered at 07.23)

If you have the order number you will have the ticket 😊

Hi, I will attend NYC gigs, looking forward to seeing MFCers!:group_hug:

Brooklyn Steel was listed as one of "10 Best Live Music Venues in America" by RS.  That's cool!

MIKA will have 2 gigs there - Great. :thumb_yello: 

Can't wait. See you there!

10 Best Live Music Venues in America
From big rooms to intimate spaces, here’s a selection of some of the country’s best live music spots
By Rolling Stone 

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/10-best-live-music-venues-in-america-767070/brooklyn-steel-new-york-city-767228/

JFYI - Venue info

Brooklyn Steel

https://www.boweryevents.com/brooklyn-steel/

ADDRESS
319 Frost Street, Brooklyn, NY 11222

MAP
https://www.bowerypresents.com/new-york-metro/shows/brooklyn-steel  

Outside

-  I hope the weather will be fine... there is no loof when you're queueing.. 

XAReU2jzf4moHNpMRmGpiyjmuYTM1ZEmbjYOFSf2

Inside

- pretty big venue with 1,800 capacity!

taCaF71bM4yc9WJLlM8kMi9L1fJLjJB8LqT2F5MT

NaoMika☆

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm so very, very excited for my Mika tour. Just like the Deadheads used to follow the Dead around, I'm following Mika around. I have tickets to every concert here in the states. I'm looking forward to seeing all of you. I haven't been on the East coast or Canada for years. 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2019 at 4:00 AM, NaoMika said:

Hi, I will attend NYC gigs, looking forward to seeing MFCers!:group_hug:

Brooklyn Steel was listed as one of "10 Best Live Music Venues in America" by RS.  That's cool!

MIKA will have 2 gigs there - Great. :thumb_yello: 

Can't wait. See you there!

10 Best Live Music Venues in America
From big rooms to intimate spaces, here’s a selection of some of the country’s best live music spots
By Rolling Stone 

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/10-best-live-music-venues-in-america-767070/brooklyn-steel-new-york-city-767228/

JFYI - Venue info

Brooklyn Steel

https://www.boweryevents.com/brooklyn-steel/

ADDRESS
319 Frost Street, Brooklyn, NY 11222

MAP
https://www.bowerypresents.com/new-york-metro/shows/brooklyn-steel  

Outside

-  I hope the weather will be fine... there is no loof when you're queueing.. 

XAReU2jzf4moHNpMRmGpiyjmuYTM1ZEmbjYOFSf2

Inside

- pretty big venue with 1,800 capacity!

taCaF71bM4yc9WJLlM8kMi9L1fJLjJB8LqT2F5MT

NaoMika☆

see that place in the front?? That's mine. :) 

• 1 month later...

Just a bit of info for New York-bound fans...

I contacted the venue about a few things and here's what they told me.

First, there will be no staff at the venue until the doors open at 7 p.m.

If you're planning to send anything to the venue for Mika, there won't be anyone there to accept it until then. I may send some flowers on behalf of MFC - I think we have some money in our fan club Paypal account. I will also be taking Mika's birthday gift for him -- we're still trying to work out how I'm going to get it to him.

I don't recomment queuing too early at the venue for several reasons:

1. It's not a very nice area. Check it out on Google street view to see what I mean, if you haven't already.

2. There are no really close coffee shops or places to get a bite to eat or use the toilet.

3. There's no cover, if the weather is bad -- right now, the forecast is for 81F  and a 40% chance of showers on Thursday; only 70F and cloudy on Friday. But that could change, so we'll need to keep an eye on it.

Just FYI, the people at the venue sent me this little map of places to eat that are in the area. The closest is Nick's Coffee Shop -- the others are probably 15 minutes walk or more away.

Screenshot_2019-09-09 Coffee shop near 11222.png

That's what I know so far. If I learn more, I'll update this thread!

See you all soon!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

What does “queuing too early” exactly means outside of Italy? 🤔😂

I’m joking since I understand that there won’t ever be >100 people at 8 AM 😂 but I really don’t have any clue about when a consistent number of people starts showing up at a Ny show 

Edited by maggie112
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dcdeb said:

If you're planning to send anything to the venue for Mika, there won't be anyone there to accept it until then. I may send some flowers on behalf of MFC - I think we have some money in our fan club Paypal account. I will also be taking Mika's birthday gift for him -- we're still trying to work out how I'm going to get it to him.

1. It's not a very nice area. Check it out on Google street view to see what I mean, if you haven't already.

2. There are no really close coffee shops or places to get a bite to eat or use the toilet.

3. There's no cover, if the weather is bad -- right now, the forecast is for 81F  and a 40% chance of showers on Thursday; only 70F and cloudy on Friday. But that could change, so we'll need to keep an eye on it.

Just FYI, the people at the venue sent me this little map of places to eat that are in the area. The closest is Nick's Coffee Shop -- the others are probably 15 minutes walk or more away.

See you all soon!

I've been looking into this too. There's a McDonalds w/ a bathroom (and a Dollar Tree) near that Staples (on Deb’s map next to Highway 278), a 7 minute walk according to google.  There's a City Fresh Market grocery store and a coffee shop called Tar Pit 3 mins away (i dunno if either have restrooms). As a last resort, there are restrooms at Cooper Park, just 5 mins from the venue.

FYI, that place called Brooklyn Zoo is NOT A REAL ZOO :mad:

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, kreacher said:

a coffee shop called Tar Pit 3 mins away

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7176593,-73.9413511,3a,75y,133.25h,95.85t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s2xGDtoVErHu240T3_fc09g!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

378458648_(21).thumb.png.da63e5e7c845f9bd3465ec64c8d2fd89.png

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Tar-Pit

Highlights info row image
135 Woodpoint Rd
11211 Brooklyn, New York
+1 917-705-8031

Hours 07:00 - 19:00
Closes in 45 minutes

• Like 1

Tripadviser

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60827-d15048008-Reviews-Brooklyn_Steel-Brooklyn_New_York.html

Nearby Restraunts

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dcdeb said:

If you're planning to send anything to the venue for Mika, there won't be anyone there to accept it until then.

Thanks for your info, Deb-san.

I was also planning to send some flowers to celebrate kicking off the Tiny Love Tiny Tour.  OK, I will get it delivered after 7pm.

NaoMika☆

7 hours ago, dcdeb said:

See you all soon!

Thanks a lot Deb for the info. 

I’m looking forward to see you all 😘

• Like 2