1 hour ago, mellody said:

I hope we were able to help you already.

For everyone who asks themselves the same question: Members cannot change their own usernames, so please contact me or @dcdeb by Direct Message, if a change is needed, and tell us the name you'd like to have.

Of course we don't do this if someone just likes to have a different username every month because they get bored easily. :bleh: But if, for example, you just registered and made a mistake in your name, we can change it.

Karin, I have changed both of these user names recently. 👍 If anyone else has a change, we would really like to limit that, because as Karin says it's confusing if you've made a lot of posts already, and just want to change on a whim. If, however, you've recently joined and realize you made a mistake in choosing your user name, do let us know!

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean, it was hard for many of us until we got used to this forum, don't worry   If you need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask 

Karin, I have changed both of these user names recently. 👍 If anyone else has a change, we would really like to limit that, because as Karin says it's confusing if you've made a lot of posts already,

All the videos with translations are in the "The MFC Subtitling Team's Subtitled Videos" :  https://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/32471-the-mfc-subtitling-teams-subtitled-videos/#comments   Also ever

Posted Images

• 3 months later...

Dear mods

A French new member had lots of problems registering due to her eyesight, she couldn't see the bot check images well :sad:

Is there any way to add an alternate way to confirm that you are not a bot when you register? Like with sound for example? It would be very useful for fans who can not see well. She opened a thread about it but it's in French and I told her I would bring this problem to your attention. Thank you for reading me :huglove:

4 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Dear mods

A French new member had lots of problems registering due to her eyesight, she couldn't see the bot check images well :sad:

Is there any way to add an alternate way to confirm that you are not a bot when you register? Like with sound for example? It would be very useful for fans who can not see well. She opened a thread about it but it's in French and I told her I would bring this problem to your attention. Thank you for reading me :huglove:

I did reply to them but then my internet dropped out :hair:.

I don't think we have any control over the anti-bot software as I think it is part of the software supplied by our web host (and I think it is from a third company).  We can ask the provider if there is any anti-bot software that doesn't need you to visually identify something, but I'm not sure there is anything else we can do.

I can sympathise with the problem, as I have a visual impairment myself and when I've encountered the bot stuff elsewhere I quite often have several attempts before I get it right.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, silver said:

I did reply to them but then my internet dropped out :hair:.

I don't think we have any control over the anti-bot software as I think it is part of the software supplied by our web host (and I think it is from a third company).  We can ask the provider if there is any anti-bot software that doesn't need you to visually identify something, but I'm not sure there is anything else we can do.

I can sympathise with the problem, as I have a visual impairment myself and when I've encountered the bot stuff elsewhere I quite often have several attempts before I get it right.

Mellody pointed out that you can listen as well. And I agree those bots are a pain  :hug:

Dear mods, would you please close those two threads. Several of us asked this new member to check if a thread already exists before posting.

https://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/34817-mika-jechante-pub-pour-la-sncf-french-railways/?tab=comments#comment-4193899

https://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/34816-ça-ne-sortira-pas-dici/?tab=comments#comment-4193857

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Dear mods, would you please close those two threads. Several of us asked this new member to check if a thread already exists before posting.

https://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/34817-mika-jechante-pub-pour-la-sncf-french-railways/?tab=comments#comment-4193899

https://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/34816-ça-ne-sortira-pas-dici/?tab=comments#comment-4193857

I've closed the thread, but please remember this member has visual difficulties and they may be finding it hard to use the forum (though I am sure you have already offered to help them).

• Like 1
12 hours ago, silver said:

I've closed the thread, but please remember this member has visual difficulties and they may be finding it hard to use the forum (though I am sure you have already offered to help them).

Indeed but maybe I could make a screen cap so she understands better how to do a search. Thank you Silver :huglove:

edit: I asked her to follow the rules with a pm in French today. Fingers crossed it works :crossed:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, miknikel said:

please, I lost my emojis on the mfc . Can someone help me get them back?

Is this on a phone or a laptop/PC?

does anyone else see this message at the top of the screen, above the MFC logo?

[[Template core/front/global/favico is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tonight is the first i've ever seen something like it.

i'm using the default mfc 2020 theme, and i see the message when i'm looking at threads and when i was in my profile

1 hour ago, kreacher said:

[[Template core/front/global/favico is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

i'm using the default mfc 2020 theme, and i see the message when i'm looking at threads and when i was in my profile

Me too

1 hour ago, kreacher said:

I just got that for the first time when I logged in...

3 hours ago, lormare73 said:

Me too

3 hours ago, Starlight said:

I just got that for the first time when I logged in...

I got the same message yesterday as I said in "Software Update" thread but when I refresh the page it disappears to appear again after a while :dunno:

4 hours ago, kreacher said:

Yes, I posted about that in the Software Updates yesterday, many fans got it... and now it's still on my screen.

5 hours ago, krysady said:

Yes, I posted about that in the Software Updates yesterday, many fans got it... and now it's still on my screen.

ah yes, i see that now. my bad! i think i really thought i was posting in that thread :doh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 10/19/2020 at 9:46 PM, silver said:

Do you just not have the button for the emojis, or is the list of emojis not being displayed?

this is what I have silver, but when I select the emojis, the painting is empty. No more emojis are availablemfc.PNG.416cc3301c35dafb865e26819022b781.PNG