Tiny Love

6 hours ago, virgi said:

Since there are so MANY lovely, sweet and interesting replies to Mika's last ig post, and sharing and reading all this love makes feel good..

What if we start a new hashtag #OurTinyLoveStories on Twitter and anyone who’d like to share his tiny love story write it (or re-post from Instagram) there?

Also I think it would be nice if everyone will end his story with the phrase “My name is … I was born in … and this is my tiny love story”, it becomes even more personal I think (it’s a @Beatrixxx_always ’s idea on her instagram comment and I loved it) 

Hum , not sure that we need another social media for it because he's already got lot of time to read all of them in ig

I also am not sure that everyone wants to give real name and date of birth publicaly……...especialy the date of birth ……...:naughty::teehee:,but your idea takes me to an other one ……

What about collecting and printing all the messages ,put them in a fold or as a book  and give it to him as an extra birthday gift along with the secret garden box ?

Then he'd have a physical souvenir of the emotional tsunami  that "tiny love" created

@dcdeb what do you think ?

Edited by carafon
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, mellody said:

He answered seriously, but it didn't help much - he talked nearly 40 minutes without giving much new info about the song or the video. :lmfao: So, some things seem to be too personal (hey, I thought it was revelation time? :mf_rosetinted::naughty:), others he wants us to find out ourselves. Basically we are still where we were before - but yeah, it'd have surprised me if he had suddenly started to explain things, that's not him - he loves giving us homework. :lmfao:  Anyway, the way I understood it not everything in the video does indeed relate to the song, but is just the director's interpretation - so we have two stories there that are connected to each other and have things in common, but one is Mika's and one is the director's story.

Happy that he answered one of my questions - although he managed to talk around that I wanted to know why a "female" hand (he just explained the hand vs planets thing, which is pretty obvious to me), and said he won't tell about the goose, but if we listened to his interviews we might know. Now where are the Italian and French speakers who understand all the interviews, can we find what he means? :teehee:

Oh yeah, and indirectly he answered another one of my (and many others) questions by saying it's not a romantic love song. Ah well, it'd have been too easy. :aah:

If there was a chicken we would know what that means but now we're confused :lmfao: Or maybe he decided to put chicken and goose in one bag as poultry? :lmfao:

Edited by Dominika
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, carafon said:

Hum , not sure that we need another social media for it because he's already got lot of time to read all of them in ig

I also am not sure that everyone wants to give real name and date of birth publicaly……...especialy the date of birth ……...:naughty::teehee:,but your idea takes me to an other one ……

What about collecting and printing all the messages ,put them in a fold or as a book  and give it to him as an extra birthday gift along with the secret garden box ?

Then he'd have a physical souvenir of the emotional tsunami  that "tiny love" created

Well, as you already read I wrote my story like that and then @virgi had this idea which I like a lot but of course it’s up to the writers of the stories to do it like that or not. Anyway it’s not the date of birth it’s just the year (like Mika does in the song) and also there isn’t the surname. 

But anyway I also think your idea is cute and I like it.

Greetings 

Bea Xx

9 minutes ago, Beatrixxx_always said:

Well, as you already read I wrote my story like that and then @virgi had this idea which I like a lot but of course it’s up to the writers of the stories to do it like that or not. Anyway it’s not the date of birth it’s just the year (like Mika does in the song) and also there isn’t the surname. 

But anyway I also think your idea is cute and I like it.

Greetings 

Bea Xx

I realy love your story ,it's a very touching one :wub2:

I just wondered if it woudn't be too much to read for Mika if there're all the stories both in ig and tw :dunno: .….. but it may be the lazzy person in me who is speaking :naughty::blush-anim-cl:

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Dominika said:

If there was a chicken we would know what that means but now we're confused :lmfao: Or maybe he decided to put chicken and goose in one bag as poultry? :lmfao:

Or goose and pig, as flying animals? :aah:

Maybe it's just an interview that hasn't been released yet, I'm not sure he keeps track on when which interview is released, if he already does interviews for October in July. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kumazzz said:

Tiny Love.

Directed by @wizfilmmaker.

Big Thanks to everyone involved! ~
Producer @bonhamcarterfd
Ep @harrisonimogen
DoP Denzil Armour-Brown
Production Manager @ellierosephipps
1st AD Cordelia Hardy
1st AC Oleg Poupko
2nd AC Angela Garcia
Production Designer @luciered
Costume Designer @leoniehartard
HMU Geraldine Fougerat, Tracy Ejuetami, Alero Ejuetami
Edit @edhanbury @trimediting
Grade George Kay @blackkitestudios
Commissioner Elsa Roberts

@kreacher They don't wrote the actress's name.

Thank you for all this info! 

Mika says her first name in his q&a, sounds like Ronke (spelling?) and that she has a restaurant in Brighton. There is a restaurant called Dough Lover in Brighton owner by Ronke Arogundade.

https://www.absolutemagazine.co.uk/dough-lover-brighton-new-to-the-foodie-scene/

i’ll keep researching 

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Mika: I will answer your questions about Tiny Love.

image.thumb.png.9d8593ffd50359111dac323eb9124692.png

Oh! That question!
I'm going to lie!
It's complicated!
Come on, I'm talking nonsense!
It's....
I...
Too hard!
No, I'm not explaining anything!

Edited by Loo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, kreacher said:

Ronke Arogundade

Her PINTEST

https://www.pinterest.nz/rarogundade/

1976225911_RonkeArogundade.jpg.ba868be4b0f9b4b5b73d75f54374449d.jpg

Dough Lover

looks very cozy nice place.

https://www.instagram.com/explore/locations/290272701491669/dough-lover/

Her INSTAGRAM

https://www.instagram.com/dough_lover_/

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 3

.0.PNG.67281c9d879e55de728e1dbe73dddca5.PNG

I didn't understand everything during Mika's live performance. But, come back to me if I'm wrong, I think many of us have understood the general idea of the clip, namely that you shouldn't try to decipher every detail. He didn't give us a psycho exercise to interpret... 
I find it very clever on his part to leave everyone the interpretation that suits him; for two reasons... The first is that while he gives himself up to us, he keeps a part of mystery. The second, and I think it's very strong of him, he doesn't fall into the trap of the sibyllin. What I mean by that is that he doesn't play it like some authors who make sibyllin just for the pleasure of doing it while explaining to you that their text is nevertheless clear and that if you don't understand it, it comes from you... Congratulations Mika for coming up with this fabulous result so that finally each of your fans can appropriate this song as a little piece of their own story.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kumazzz said:

Her PINTEST

Dough Lover

Her INSTAGRAM

Thank you Eriko. I am translating Mika's chat into Polish for my website (than I will convert it into French) and I as I wanted to learn the name of the actress ( I asked for it on Instagram) I will write it correctly now. Ronke is really amazing!!!!

For more - while doing translation I realized how mamy details I missed!!!!! I am in a halfway. I hope to finish tomorrow.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, miknikel said:

.0.PNG.67281c9d879e55de728e1dbe73dddca5.PNG

I didn't understand everything during Mika's live performance. But, come back to me if I'm wrong, I think many of us have understood the general idea of the clip, namely that you shouldn't try to decipher every detail. He didn't give us a psycho exercise to interpret... 

I understood the contrary, as he said there's a lot of hidden messages, that it's a puzzle for us to decipher. :lmfao: He'll probably drop clues in interviews over the next few years, so one day we'll know the truth, and until then we can only try but will never know for sure. :aah:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mellody said:

I understood the contrary, as he said there's a lot of hidden messages, that it's a puzzle for us to decipher. :lmfao: He'll probably drop clues in interviews over the next few years, so one day we'll know the truth, and until then we can only try but will never know for sure. :aah:

Yes, but for now he's keeping some mystery for himself. On the other hand, by asking us to write about Tyni Love, he lets us take it over to translate our own feelings.   ❤️

• Like 2

6 hours ago, carafon said:

I love your idea, the book would be his 36th birthday's souvenir.:mikalove:

• Like 5

14 hours ago, carafon said:

It would be a nice idea too! 😊

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mellody said:

I agree with you.
Mika never does anything randomly, even in the smallest details, and as he's in extreme control, each piece of his clip has a meaning he wants.
But since he won't explain it, it's up to us to look for it.  :biggrin2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

VIMEO

MIKA tiny love -directors cut

https://vimeo.com/354193473

Digital media
Colour
Running time: 4mins 8secs
Director: WIZ
Writer: Pierre Angeligue
Producer: Fred Bonham-Carter
Production Manager: Ellie Phipps
Directors Assistant: Angie Avgeri
1st Ad: Cordelia Hardy
Runner: Anniston Lewis-Rodriquez
Camera Trianee: Oscar Healey
Dit: Ashley Hicks
Grip: Sid Jones
Gaffer: Bruce Magahy
Electrician: Niall Higgins
Electrician: Andy Laenen
Electrician: Jonny Boomer
Electrician: Dave Allen

Addition Photography: DoP: Ken Eakins
Buyer: Lydia Hicks
Art Dept Assist: Terry Palamara
Make-Up: Tracy Ejuetami
Hair: Alero Ejuteami
Artist Hair & Make Up: Geraldine Fougerat
Artist Stylist: Paloma & Yasmine

Lighting Equipment: C/O Panalux

Catering: C/O Jones & Sons

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

11 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

‘The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death’ -Oscar Wilde

It's from

Salomé

https://www.wilde-online.info/salome-page21.html

Ah! ah! wherefore didst thou not look at me? If thou hadst looked at me thou hadst loved me.

Well I know that thou wouldst have loved me, and the mystery of Love is greater than the mystery of Death.

• Like 3

On 8/18/2019 at 10:38 PM, mellody said:

He answered seriously, but it didn't help much - he talked nearly 40 minutes without giving much new info about the song or the video. :lmfao: So, some things seem to be too personal (hey, I thought it was revelation time? :mf_rosetinted::naughty:), others he wants us to find out ourselves. Basically we are still where we were before - but yeah, it'd have surprised me if he had suddenly started to explain things, that's not him - he loves giving us homework. :lmfao:  Anyway, the way I understood it not everything in the video does indeed relate to the song, but is just the director's interpretation - so we have two stories there that are connected to each other and have things in common, but one is Mika's and one is the director's story.

Happy that he answered one of my questions - although he managed to talk around that I wanted to know why a "female" hand (he just explained the hand vs planets thing, which is pretty obvious to me), and said he won't tell about the goose, but if we listened to his interviews we might know. Now where are the Italian and French speakers who understand all the interviews, can we find what he means? :teehee:

Oh yeah, and indirectly he answered another one of my (and many others) questions by saying it's not a romantic love song. Ah well, it'd have been too easy. :aah:

Honestly I can't recall any goose (OCA, in Italian) reference in Italian interviews, unless it's something still unreleased or cut out.
The only possible link that comes to my mind is the one to the Oca Giuliva theater company, which created some props for Mika's last tour and also for Stasera Casa Mika, but honestly it doesn't seem such a substantial point to me

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Her PINTEST

Dough Lover

Her INSTAGRAM

But this woman is definitely NOT the woman from the video. She looks very different.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

22 hours ago, carafon said:

Well, we could definitely print out the messages, but I'm not sure he really needs them all on paper to read them. And that's going to be an awful lot of paper... I'm also printing out all the names of people who donated to the UNHCR campaign...  But if everyone wants me to do that, I'll try.

21 hours ago, kreacher said:

Thank you for all this info! 

Mika says her first name in his q&a, sounds like Ronke (spelling?) and that she has a restaurant in Brighton. There is a restaurant called Dough Lover in Brighton owner by Ronke Arogundade.

https://www.absolutemagazine.co.uk/dough-lover-brighton-new-to-the-foodie-scene/

i’ll keep researching 

20 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Her PINTEST

Dough Lover

Her INSTAGRAM

3 hours ago, Mousetrap said:

But this woman is definitely NOT the woman from the video. She looks very different.

Yes, the woman's name is Ronke Arogundade -- I should have known that Eriko would find it, too. :) And I agree, that is definitely not her in the photo shown above. It says pinterest.nz which I guess means New Zealand? I think this is just a woman who happens to have the same name. :dunno:

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Well, we could definitely print out the messages, but I'm not sure he really needs them all on paper to read them. And that's going to be an awful lot of paper... I'm also printing out all the names of people who donated to the UNHCR campaign...  But if everyone wants me to do that, I'll try.

It was obviously more to have a memory of that moment than to read it , but to be honest I didn't  figure out how many pages we'd need 

If there are too many ,you're right we'd better give up 

If you want I can try to have a look this sunday  

• Like 1

On 8/17/2019 at 2:17 PM, Loo said:

He had explained that a song on the album talked about his straight side and about loving a woman with a love that wasn't "physical", or something similar.

https://www.wired.it/play/musica/2019/07/01/mika-interview-revelation-tour/ (credits to @virgi for the source :flowers2:)

“There is another song called Blue which opens with the line ‘Blue is a feminine color’ and it’s a love letter to a woman from the perspective of a man that is not sexually interested in women at all, but I decided to write a letter to a woman and to melancholy.”

I don’t think he’s talking from the perspective of his “straight side”, as I don’t think such thing exists, but it could be like a woman representing different sides of the feminine universe, as I remember he’s also singing “blue is like a mother” — a bit like the description he made of the woman in the Tiny Love video, just in a different context

• Like 6

On 8/18/2019 at 10:38 PM, mellody said:

I know what you feel...I was the one asking the question about Tiny Love's artwork. So, I'm split between:

Aaaahh! He read my question so it was a clever question and he liked it! :wub2::wub2: and...

I asked a clever question and he refused to answer it...:crybaby::crybaby:

Even if, obviously, I understand his arguments for not explaining his artwork. Makes me think of Stuck in the middle he never really explained (I think), for the same reasons.

Well, at least, I tried!:original:

• Like 4