Tiny Love

20 hours ago, carafon said:

Could you dm me only the text  please?

Hi :bye:Do you collect the tiny love stories to make a book for Mika as you had planned to? That's awesome :thumb_yello:

EDIT: I found your post about it.

Well done @carafon

Edited by crazyaboutmika

On 8/25/2019 at 4:42 PM, carafon said:

I've collected the messages ,cleaned them (non answers ,pp, happy birthday messages and so on) and using as little space as possible I ended with 88 pages that means 44 recto/verso

Tell me if you want the files

If we give up and somebody else want to do it ,let me know as it's quite a long process

Great job Carafon :flowers2::hug: I think it would be a lovely gift for Mika :wub2:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Hi there! I’d quite like to try to contribute to all of your theorising, I hope that’s alright ☺️

Returning once more to the subject of the number 9 (because theorising is almost more fun when there may never be a definitive answer, and all interpretations can be considered!) I saw an interview the other day in which Mika discussed that he liked the number 3, calling it a ‘magic number’, a term often used to refer to 3 owing to its significance in many things such as religion, biology, and how it’s the perfect amount of things to list for effect (see what I did there 😉). Mika said he used to wear things such as watches in threes because he liked the number.

9 is 3 squared, aka 3x3, so could that make 9 significant to him for being almost the ultimate magic number? If this album is him showing how he has developed and become stronger it could point to him having strengthened from 3 to 3x3?? This would perhaps fit with the x9x you spotted on his shirt too. I’ll be the first to admit this is all probably too far fetched as an explanation, but I wanted to share it anyway!

Here’s a piece which offers some examples which explain three’s status as a ‘magic number’- https://www.phactual.com/3-the-magic-number/

and here’s the video I saw Mika mention it in, starting at 1:19- https://youtu.be/bjqiNVAalHw 

He also happens to confirm in a question afterwards that if he was an animal he’d be a duck, which I guess could link to the geese thing you were discussing earlier?? 😅

• Like 5

FACEBOOK

Tiny Love Video Shoot

27 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

FACEBOOK

Tiny Love Video Shoot

9 photos

Check out these beautiful stills taken by Andrew 'Wiz' Whiston and his team during the Tiny Love video shoot.

Head over to YouTube now to watch the full video! https://youtu.be/GmVOp7mqjP8

https://www.facebook.com/pg/mikasounds/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10156870374613040

70217441_10156870375018040_8644612527860219904_o.thumb.jpg.4f7952f1347be56694f82be36860f322.jpg

69889258_10156870375073040_2676507169418903552_o.thumb.jpg.684576366519032e0c68cd06af1da2ef.jpg

69697131_10156870374978040_6122970085154881536_o.thumb.jpg.08c48d3b0ce60b662d276127ffa73c6d.jpg

69977427_10156870375143040_8690875982837448704_o.thumb.jpg.e72ae53d2d85c2d8979c0b1590093fab.jpg

70088585_10156870375308040_5646618887307919360_o.thumb.jpg.55cb76b4d7174209f23fa7ba9e36242a.jpg

69460567_10156870375203040_1679452089568198656_o.thumb.jpg.18c91a7e888293f8004917ae2cb60612.jpg

69458642_10156870375368040_9207807736799035392_o.thumb.jpg.41598f41d84b7104249189fc4f330191.jpg

69356547_10156870375423040_2967217150449680384_o.thumb.jpg.41e05d0f121f83bceb7a1956fb4bcb08.jpg

69762050_10156870375513040_4211134641098194944_o.thumb.jpg.eaae88938fd761446e987a13801b70e5.jpg

15 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

FACEBOOK

69416019_10156870589783040_2299329214567940096_o.thumb.jpg.da7f328843c322eaf60e5b499cd3b1dd.jpg

70254183_10156870589843040_4929803018997596160_o.thumb.jpg.8f1d75a7904ac6f7af57581559444ab7.jpg

69599114_10156870589883040_198804436879933440_o.thumb.jpg.f1084b3bdfe007a00b000d318062ce1a.jpg

69986386_10156870590028040_620973071804661760_o.thumb.jpg.951706cfdbfcf3d20ecf861b9f8dcb15.jpg

70478220_10156870590058040_4630933802695262208_o.thumb.jpg.9610c26967d4279b931bfb6f78902d92.jpg

69424162_10156870590158040_8868896523216224256_o.thumb.jpg.f8bc5a1567a2846b24fe49542d7c0a25.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

David Sneddon ( co-writer of "My Name Is Michael Holbrook )

davidsneddonmusic's profile picture

davidsneddonmusic

Spent a crazy two years with this genius in various parts of the world. He doesn’t settle for “that’ll do” and constantly pushes himself creatively in areas that very few modern artists do. Glad to have been along for the ride on this shamelessly joyful, intricate and massive, tiny song. Bravo Mr Holbrook @mikainstagram

• Like 5

This morning when I was half-awake, I suddenly had the idea that Ronke and Mika represent two parts of the same person in the video, MIKA (Ronke) and Michael Holbrook (Mika). With this idea, the video suddenly makes sense to me. Not every bit, but most of it. The way I see it now, it's Mika's life story. The beginning was at the time when Mika was young, vintage clothes, braces - the separation of Mika from Michael. With Mika being the songwriter, the showman, and Michael his sensitive side, his fears. They're writing songs together, at the piano. Then Mika becomes bigger and bigger. At some point he's so big that he blocks Michael's view on the universe - then it's the line 'My name is Michael Holbrook...', and Mika realizes he needs Michael - when Ronke sings "I'd give up a hundred thousand loves for just this one". After that, they're equally sized again, and again they're writing songs together at the piano.

The piano part fits to what Mika says about going back to writing songs the way he did for his first album.

The eggs might represent his sensitivity.

Not sure about the cherries yet, a guess is that they might stand for the good things in life - when Ronke eats the cherries, it somehow suggests decadence - it might be the big Mika becoming too decadent, too self-centered and ignoring his sensitive, vulnerable side. The eaten cherries on the floor might mean that others get all the good things (see "Promiseland").

I still can't make sense of the milk bottles and the knife. The skull, though a wild guess, might refer to Mika's suicidal tendencies at a certain point in his life (see "I'm gonna kill myself" in WAG).

I got this idea of the two representing two sides of the same person because of what Ronke wrote under Mika's IG post, about Wiz wanting to create "an inner world, inhabited just by these 2 people".

• Like 16

Finally a czech review of Tiny Love, it got 9/10, Sanremo too:

https://musicserver.cz/clanek/61810/mika-tiny-love/

(I know nobody on MFC will appreciate it but I'm glad that at least someone here writes about the new songs and album...)

Edited by giraffeandy
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, giraffeandy said:

Finally a czech review of Tiny Love, it got 9/10, Sanremo too:

https://musicserver.cz/clanek/61810/mika-tiny-love/

(I know nobody on MFC will appreciate it but I'm glad that at least someone here writes about the new songs and album...)

I appreciate it because i feel the same when I post somehting about Mika on spanish press thread. Sometimes I feel if it doesnt happen in Ialy or France it's not interesting. So. I'm glad for you and Czech fans that Mika has some attention in your country.:hug:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/2/2019 at 11:43 AM, crazyaboutmika said:

Hi :bye:Do you collect the tiny love stories to make a book for Mika as you had planned to? That's awesome :thumb_yello:

EDIT: I found your post about it.

Well done @carafon

As the gig's date is soon and Deb didn't ask me for it, I guess we gave up this idea. But I still have the files in case someone wants them to go on

On 9/7/2019 at 10:52 PM, mellody said:

This morning when I was half-awake, I suddenly had the idea that Ronke and Mika represent two parts of the same person in the video, MIKA (Ronke) and Michael Holbrook (Mika). With this idea, the video suddenly makes sense to me. Not every bit, but most of it. The way I see it now, it's Mika's life story. The beginning was at the time when Mika was young, vintage clothes, braces - the separation of Mika from Michael. With Mika being the songwriter, the showman, and Michael his sensitive side, his fears. They're writing songs together, at the piano. Then Mika becomes bigger and bigger. At some point he's so big that he blocks Michael's view on the universe - then it's the line 'My name is Michael Holbrook...', and Mika realizes he needs Michael - when Ronke sings "I'd give up a hundred thousand loves for just this one". After that, they're equally sized again, and again they're writing songs together at the piano.

The piano part fits to what Mika says about going back to writing songs the way he did for his first album.

The eggs might represent his sensitivity.

Not sure about the cherries yet, a guess is that they might stand for the good things in life - when Ronke eats the cherries, it somehow suggests decadence - it might be the big Mika becoming too decadent, too self-centered and ignoring his sensitive, vulnerable side. The eaten cherries on the floor might mean that others get all the good things (see "Promiseland").

I still can't make sense of the milk bottles and the knife. The skull, though a wild guess, might refer to Mika's suicidal tendencies at a certain point in his life (see "I'm gonna kill myself" in WAG).

I got this idea of the two representing two sides of the same person because of what Ronke wrote under Mika's IG post, about Wiz wanting to create "an inner world, inhabited just by these 2 people".

Very interesting 👍.     I wonder if the milk bottles could be a reference of the next Michael Holbrook (The third) 🤔

Edited by carafon
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, carafon said:

Very interesting 👍.     I wonder if the milk bottles could be a reference of the next Michael Holbrook (The third) 🤔

don't know... if it's his life story, the milk bottles are too early on to be referring to the future. Just the egg in the end may. (according to my interpretation)

Meanwhile I'm wondering whether it's vice versa, because if Gregory represents Michael, it might also be Mika's fears becoming too big, so Ronke would be Michael and Mika MIKA. Or maybe the video even plays with both ways. If I see Mika and Ronke as two parts of the same person and the video as Mika's life story, I'm suddenly not surprised anymore about the missing explanations in the IG live. I watched it again, with this thought in my mind, and this time it felt to me like Mika was struggling to explain it as good as he possibly can, without sounding schizophrenic or giving away too much about his emotions. I mean, he's always talked about "we" and "us", when it actually would've been "I" and "me", he talked about being like Jackyll and Hyde, the songwriter vs the performer. And I'm sure these two sides of him are really hard to put into words. He said the song is a journey. Probably we'd understand it better if we had the full version, all the 12 parts - but also surely there's a reason, besides than it being too long for the album, that he shortened it. In that Belgian interview he said he'd live the album one step at a time. And I just hope the time will come that he'll be ready to release the full demo, so we can fully understand it. Or be even more confused, who knows. :lmfao:

Also I had a thought about the knife meanwhile, again referring to Gregory, who isn't just sensitive but also can be clumsy and hurt others with his big hands (there was this scene in Casa Mika...) - so the knife might refer to Mika (Michael) hurting others. Just think about him leaving Andy to run away to Montreal, LYWID and all that. I think it's because his fears became too big, connected to Paloma's accident - y'know, all those stories we know from the TOOL interviews.

All this complexity, many things intertwining - I'm really not surprised anymore that he talked 40 minutes without being able to explain it. :teehee: Maybe we need to look for the goose in an old interview. My thought was that it might just refer to travelling, as wild geese travel, and it's part of his life. But it really might be something he mentioned years ago in an interview. :aah:

About the fans' tiny love stories, I wonder why he never got back to it. The same evening he tweeted to encourage fans to keep the stories coming, then one of the stories got a Like from him, and that was it - although he said he'd share some of the stories. :dunno: Maybe he just didn't have enough time - or he didn't expect to get such personal stories and was overwhelmed by all those emotions and thus couldn't go back to dealing with it.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, mellody said:

About the fans' tiny love stories, I wonder why he never got back to it. The same evening he tweeted to encourage fans to keep the stories coming, then one of the stories got a Like from him, and that was it - although he said he'd share some of the stories. :dunno: Maybe he just didn't have enough time - or he didn't expect to get such personal stories and was overwhelmed by all those emotions and thus couldn't go back to dealing with it.

Maybe didn't expect so many answers and being in a big trouble to make a choice :naughty:

On 9/7/2019 at 10:52 PM, mellody said:

The skull could also be one of his ancestors laughting at him….

As for the knife it may be associated to the rope ……..that depending on the global meaning could be kind of an umbilical cord ???

8 hours ago, mellody said:

don't know... if it's his life story, the milk bottles are too early on to be referring to the future. Just the egg in the end may. (according to my interpretation)

Could be kind of "if I want a MH3 I have to know who is MH2 ??🤔

Or need to liberate MH from Mika ?

If we go back to the suicidal tendency ,the beginning could be a missed hanging (as there's the rope on the chair) that could explain that they are both out of breathe

And the split of Mika and MH could happen out of this missing ….like falling on the floor the one person would break into 2 separate ones who sometimes hate and sometimes love each others ?

Edited by carafon
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, carafon said:

Could be kind of "if I want a MH3 I have to know who is MH2 ??🤔

I had a similar thought when he said in an interview that he had to do this album now, to go on with his life and career from there. Interesting that you connect this with the milk bottles... there might be some truth in it. 🤔

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mellody said:

I had a similar thought when he said in an interview that he had to do this album now, to go on with his life and career from there. Interesting that you connect this with the milk bottles... there might be some truth in it. 🤔

Because in any case they'll need a "substitute" milk feeder 

That picture confirms even more to me that Tiny Love is about Mika / Michael

EERwFcYWsAAuujG.jpg

I didn't notice that yet in the video, but also here his clothing shows the splitting - not only the braces, but also the T-Shirt sleeve, one is up, the other is down.

We usually don't see Mika in sleeveless shirts, but I remember at the aftershow party of his 30th birthday in Avenches, after he had left the fan's party and was in his private tent, at one point I caught a quick glimpse of him when the tent foil was open, and he was wearing a sleeveless shirt. Although it was just a second and I don't often pay attention to what he's wearing, that stayed in my mind, because I thought it was such an unusual look for him. OK yeah it was hot that day and all, so I might be wrong - but I think that's more the "private" Mika -> Michael. 

• Like 2

On 9/10/2019 at 12:20 PM, mellody said:

Meanwhile I'm wondering whether it's vice versa, because if Gregory represents Michael, it might also be Mika's fears becoming too big, so Ronke would be Michael and Mika MIKA. Or maybe the video even plays with both ways. If I see Mika and Ronke as two parts of the same person and the video as Mika's life story, I'm suddenly not surprised anymore about the missing explanations in the IG live. I watched it again, with this thought in my mind, and this time it felt to me like Mika was struggling to explain it as good as he possibly can, without sounding schizophrenic or giving away too much about his emotions. I mean, he's always talked about "we" and "us", when it actually would've been "I" and "me", he talked about being like Jackyll and Hyde, the songwriter vs the performer. And I'm sure these two sides of him are really hard to put into words. He said the song is a journey. Probably we'd understand it better if we had the full version, all the 12 parts - but also surely there's a reason, besides than it being too long for the album, that he shortened it. In that Belgian interview he said he'd live the album one step at a time. And I just hope the time will come that he'll be ready to release the full demo, so we can fully understand it. Or be even more confused, who knows. :lmfao:

Also I had a thought about the knife meanwhile, again referring to Gregory, who isn't just sensitive but also can be clumsy and hurt others with his big hands (there was this scene in Casa Mika...) - so the knife might refer to Mika (Michael) hurting others. Just think about him leaving Andy to run away to Montreal, LYWID and all that. I think it's because his fears became too big, connected to Paloma's accident - y'know, all those stories we know from the TOOL interviews.

All this complexity, many things intertwining - I'm really not surprised anymore that he talked 40 minutes without being able to explain it. :teehee: Maybe we need to look for the goose in an old interview. My thought was that it might just refer to travelling, as wild geese travel, and it's part of his life. But it really might be something he mentioned years ago in an interview. :aah:

I love your explanations Mellody,  the video totally makes sense :thumb_yello: Mika did go back on our stories today and I'm glad he did :wub2:

• Like 2

On 9/10/2019 at 10:43 AM, carafon said:

👍As the gig's date is soon and Deb didn't ask me for it, I guess we gave up this idea. But I still have the files in case someone wants them to go on.🤔

I totally think we should make a book from it for Mika. It would be such a very nice gift :wub2:

I am all for opening a thread and starting a book project. Can you send me the files online please? @carafon

• Like 2

Here's a short video of Tiny Love from New York, by @Anilado

What I find interesting there is that he points on himself and says "you", and points on the fans and says "me".

It doesn't get easier with the interpretation. :aah: Maybe the gig reports can bring some new insights. :dunno:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mellody said:

3 hours ago, mellody said:

@Anilado

Sorry I quoted it twice. Oh my I'm teary again. I can't get over how beautiful Tiny Love is at a concert :swoon:

Thank you for sharing Mellody :hug:

As to your comment on the video I remember he said one of his songs would talk about his fans...could it be the reason why? We do share love with him and he gets high on our love as much as we get high on his? Sharing love on stage through songs make us become the same entity maybe :dunno:I mean it feels that way :wub2: Not sure this makes sense :lmfao:but I can't wait to share all those emotions with him again :wub2:

• Like 1

Indeed @crazyaboutmika I had the same thought after this gesture. And listening to the lyrics with this in mind, it might even fit (apart from the fact that I hope he wouldn't give up a hundred thousand loves for ours :teehee:) - the video doesn't fit though, at least not that I can imagine right now.

But who knows, it might just be possible the song has different meanings and this is just another layer of it. Or, as you wrote, the fans as part of "MIKA", why not. It'd be :wub2: :swoon:to think he wrote this (also) for / about us.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I totally think we should make a book from it for Mika. It would be such a very nice gift :wub2:

I am all for opening a thread and starting a book project. Can you send me the files online please? @carafon

Please DM me your mail and I'll send it

6 hours ago, mellody said:

Indeed @crazyaboutmika I had the same thought after this gesture. And listening to the lyrics with this in mind, it might even fit (apart from the fact that I hope he wouldn't give up a hundred thousand loves for ours :teehee:) - the video doesn't fit though, at least not that I can imagine right now.

But who knows, it might just be possible the song has different meanings and this is just another layer of it. Or, as you wrote, the fans as part of "MIKA", why not. It'd be :wub2: :swoon:to think he wrote this (also) for / about us.

If we remember that the song origilany had 11 parts everything is possible even if it doesn't seem that logical

BTW the tiny story he choiced as winner makes me feel even stronger that there might be something about MH the third in the clip 

• Like 1

I think this is the first LIVE performance on 27 July 2019,

at Teatro del Silenzio, Lajatico, Italy.

@kreacher is it correct ?

10 hours ago, Kumazzz said: