Tiny Love

Here is a part of the email from Mikasounds.

"Today Mika releases his brand new song “Tiny Love” as well as revealing the artwork for the upcoming album ‘My Name is Michael Holbrook’ out October 4. Pre-order the album HERE to receive ‘Tiny Love’ instantly. 

Of the track, MIKA says, "The most important thing in the world is the love we have for those around us, the love others offer us and the love we have for ourselves. That love can feel so massive and yet at the same time it’s so tiny and imperceivable to others. This song is a conscious decision to provoke that emotion.”

Today Mika will also release his brand new video for Tiny Love. Available to watch on YouTube at 4pm BST. 

Of the video Mika said:
“I knew I needed a different sort of director for this video, more art and film based. W.I.Z. was the perfect choice. From every detail in pre-production, to the art direction and casting, he has one thing in mind; to illustrate a complex narrative that he has written in his head. I am very proud of what he has made. An emotionally epic video for a song full of heart and love. Huge and Tiny at the same time."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, mellody said:

Yes. That's why I quoted the lyrics by @Poisonyoulove, they seem correct, as opposed to the others. ;)

Thanks, and it's boggling my mind a bit that everyone is going with "don't know what the messin"... like, with his accent that may be how it sounds, but that phrase makes no sense in English! :lmfao:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mellody said:

As for the latter, I hope so, I want it to be abot Andy. I'm just confused about the female hand on the cover and the line "My name is Michael Holbrook, I was born in 1983" - how do these fit in for you?

I think that the video will show more of the history. There is so many symbols in it. That's why I watched several times and I am sure I haven't found all the meanings.

Hard brain work ahead, Mika fans :wink2:

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Poisonyoulove said:

Thanks, and it's boggling my mind a bit that everyone is going with "don't know what the messin"... like, with his accent that may be how it sounds, but that phrase makes no sense in English! :lmfao:

Yes, I suppose it's just the first version someone posted somewhere, and many others copied it. I also heard immediately "don't know what they're missing" when Mika posted the little snippet of the video.

• Like 2

Lyrics for this song are absolutely stunning! Worth waiting that long :biggrin2: In the video I can see many symbols like tiny fragile egg just like Mika's tiny love, the way he looks at that woman, sometimes like he is afraid of her (afraid of losing love) or looking at her with so much respect. My fave moment in the video is when she 'grabb' him in her hands :wub2: 

Things I've noticed in the video... The woman is wearing a wedding band on her left hand, while Mika is wearing one on his right hand. It was common for gay couples to wear rings on their right hands, at least before gay marriage became legal here, I'm not sure if it's still much of a thing. 

There is a "9" and a photo of his mom on the wall.

The woman is looking at him as if she's sketching him, but it's an egg. (No bald jokes please!:mf_rosetinted:) Eggs would usually represent fertility? Not sure what to make of that.

At around 1:18 he makes a motion with his hands very similar to when the woman later puts her hands around him.

There are a couple changes from the original version! At around 0:20 when he's lip syncing to the mirror, in the forbidden version he is just gazing to the side looking melancholy. And right after the skull wearing the hat, in the original, we got some close ups of some of the men in the wall photo... in the official version instead we get a couple extra seconds of Mika looking over the woman's shoulder.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Poisonyoulove said:

The woman is looking at him as if she's sketching him, but it's an egg. (No bald jokes please!:mf_rosetinted:) Eggs would usually represent fertility? Not sure what to make of that.

It can be an egg but as well it can be a sort of a moon or a planet.

On the first photo we can see bottles of milk -is it a symbol of The Milky Way?

image.thumb.png.3523c88e08f79e3948c72e8af067d994.png

At the very end as well we can see Mika on the "egg" (?) or a moon? And on the left the Universe starts to appear.

All the time we have this pattern of Huge and Tiny.

image.thumb.png.7db287616b7df2cc3dd0f07b0071f7e3.png

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 1

On YouTube under the video there are "Tiny Love" lyrics.

“Tiny Love” Lyrics:

It’s not a sunrise over canyons shaped like hearts

It isn’t bursting into song in Central Park

It’s not the outline of your face drawn in the stars

It’s the still there Monday morning kind of love

There’s no dramatic declarations in the rain

It’s not a love that finds its pleasure after pain

I couldn’t train a bunch of doves to spell your name

It’s a don’t know what they’re missing kind of love

Our kind of love

It gets better everyday

Crazy colors in the gray out of tiny love

It’s a tiny love

My life was Dull

I use to walk in a different way

Now I’m dancing, dancing, dancing, dancing

Don’t care who can see me dancing

Oh, oh tiny love

Oh, oh tiny love

Oh, oh tiny love

This tiny love has spoken

And bigger hearts get broken

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh tiny love

So small that you can’t find us

The world revolves around us

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh tiny love

This kind of love it can be no other way

One kind of love blows the other ones away

Sometimes it’s tough others think we’re acting strange

But it’s our kind of love, our kind of love

Oh, oh tiny love

Oh, oh tiny love

My name is Michael Holbrook

I was born in 1983

No I’m not losing my mind it’s just this thing that you do to me

You get me high on a tiny love

You get me high

And if it all goes bad and our loves attack the sun

I give up a hundred, thousand loves for just this one

It’s not a sunrise over canyons shaped like hearts

It isn’t bursting into song in Central Park

We may be tiny to the world but in our hearts

We be giants with our tiny, tiny love

Video Directed by Wiz (@wizfilmmaker)

Video Producer: Fred Bonham-Carter

Video Editor: Ed Hanbury for My Accomplice

Music video by MIKA performing Tiny Love. © 2019 Republic Records, a Division of UMG Recordings, Inc.

• Like 1

Our loves attack the sun? Hmm, not sure about that, even if it's the official lyrics - the ice cream lyrics video wasn't correct either. :teehee:

About the video... I think I just don't get it. Whatever. The song is genius, I don't think any kind of video could've done it justice for me - maybe except another one like Last Party, where it's just Mika singing into a camera. Or a live video, like of the Bocelli concert. Although there's too much around him as well, with dancers etc.. Maybe at some point I'll get it, if Mika talks about it in interviews, or someone here posts a thought about it that makes sense to me. But for now - video no, song YESSS! :bleh:

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

The video reminds the "Matrix" movie. Lots of layers and references.Never ending story.

I like the first Matrix movie, but it's incomplete... the 2nd and 3rd part of the movie get worse with every minute. :lmfao: I seriously regretted watching part 3. :doh:

The Tiny Love video isn't disturbing to me, as it's the case with Beautiful Disaster - but I feel like I don't even get the most basic layers of it, not even getting started on stuff like eggs, cherries and milk bottles. :aah: I don't even know if him and the woman are supposed to be lovers in the video, it doesn't feel like a love but like a really weird relationship, like he's so vulnerable and she doesn't care at all - what it has to do with the beautiful love of the song, I really don't get. :dunno:

• Like 6