Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Angry Mika has enough.

 

He seem like a kid who wants something from his mother :naughty:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, miknikel said:

nine months of pregnancy and eggs. This may suggest a birth or rebirth

 

Mika's rebirth maybe? 

#mikaisback 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It reminds me of MIKA. And 2007.

Makes me feel like starting over. 😂❤️

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, violet_sky said:

It reminds me of MIKA. And 2007.

Makes me feel like starting over. 😂❤️

 

Welcome back! :wub2:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love it so much!!!! :wub2:

It's a masterpiece and I can't wait for the new album!!!!! :swoon:

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While yesterday I thought I could just ignore the video, it came back to my mind every time I woke up this night - I feel I need to understand the video to understand the full meaning of the song. The only thought that came out of it so far though is that it might have to do with overcoming depression - Gregory came to my mind, maybe this was around the same time when Mika wrote the song? I have to watch the video again though to see if I can fit that theory into it. RL is calling now, let's see when I find time...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not yet 24 hours from the video release and already more than 80'000  etries!!!!!

 

I wonder if Mika knows about our discussion about the meaning of all symbols in the movie :wink2:

I am sure he would be happy to know about the mess he put in our lives :roftl:

 

image.png.92cddf7bfc57da0ae0429e843a121e1a.png

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What  a beautiful  lyrics: so  delicate, poetic and full of love :wub2: I probably have to listen to the song itself a few more times before it comes in completely; the structure is so layered and different from normal song structures, that I have to get used to it. 

 

20 hours ago, mellody said:

 

As for the latter, I hope so, I want it to be about Andy. I'm just confused about the female hand on the cover and the line "My name is Michael Holbrook, I was born in 1983" - how do these fit in for you?

 

On the first part it's the opposite to me, I can't get enough of the "Oooh Tiny love" part, with all its additions and variations. :wub2: The "hiiiiigh" is a little to often for me though, it might start getting on my nerves after the 1000th listen. :teehee:

Anyway I'm sure at the gigs neither will bother us too much. :naughty:

 

 

For me the song is about loved ones. I can't place the female hand either. I interpret the text "My name is Michael Holbrook, I was born in 1983" in such a way that a loved one makes you realize that you are good as you are. Sometimes you doubt about the person you are and whether you  are good  enough; you  struggle within  yourself. At such a moment you might need someone who accepts you as the person who your are,  and thus confirm, that you are allowed to be youselve... in this  particular case: Michael Holbrook. I don't know if this makes sense to others, but that's how I interpret it now.

 

Although I, like others, am curious about the original meaning behind this song, I also like  this fase where everyone gives his/her own interpretation. Nothing is right or wrong, it's just how a song makes you feel. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I love the song very much , everything is perfect to me but the way he says the last "dancing" …..and can't explain why ….:teehee:

As for the clip ,sure it's full of symbols and probably several interprétations are possible

I wonder if one of them coudn't be his duality feelings towards women ?

Could explain the dark (even scaring……..😱) parts , and the more shiny ones when they are on phone :dunno:

Edited by carafon
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ~Wicky~ said:

Although I, like others, am curious about the original meaning behind this song, I also like  this fase where everyone gives his/her own interpretation. Nothing is right or wrong, it's just how a song makes you feel. 

 

I think this is the purpose of this video. We can have our own interpretation accoring to our empathy or education or self experience...

Andrew Whiston (W.I.Z.) is a director who already did some outstanding musical videos.

After Wikipedia: "Many of these videos, in addition to featuring the song and the performers, also follow a running narrative, and may contain a political or social message".

 

here is an interview with him from last year.

 

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, carafon said:

I love the song very much , everything is perfect to me but the way he says the last "dancing" …..and can't explain why ….:teehee:

As for the clip ,sure it's full of symbols and probably several interprétations are possible

I wonder if one of them coudn't be his duality feelings towards women ?

Could explain the dark (even scaring……..😱) parts , and the more shiny ones when they are on phone :dunno:

He had explained that a song on the album talked about his straight side and about loving a woman with a love that wasn't "physical", or something similar.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Loo said:

For me; just as the melody is a set of genres, the clip is a set of symbols (like Rain).

 

I will interpret the object as a planet or a moon (well, an egg is very intersting interpretation and has it's meaning too) .

Here is a photo of one of Saturn's moon:

 

image.thumb.png.33a98c84dc15468158742ef8c4f5fe3f.png

 

And at the end of the video Mika is dancing on his planet (Universe is appearing on the left).

Sort of Little Prince on his tiny planet :fangurl:

At last he found his place to be himself.

 

image.thumb.png.fdf7d01082554caf8c884745d1679fe0.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the end, only he knows the hidden meaning of all the symbols in his clips, and he won't say them.
So we might as well have fun finding them ourselves.  :wink2:

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Not yet 24 hours from the video release and already more than 80'000  etries!!!!!

 

I wonder if Mika knows about our discussion about the meaning of all symbols in the movie :wink2:

I am sure he would be happy to know about the mess he put in our lives :roftl:

 

image.png.92cddf7bfc57da0ae0429e843a121e1a.png

 

He knows that, and yes, he is very happy!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Loo said:

 

He knows that, and yes, he is very happy!

Really? We'll see during his Q&A stories on Instagram. Fans posted lots of questions and many of them are asking for the meaning of the video 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 1:20 PM, Szara. said:

 

A beautiful song. Full of love. My heart soars every time I listen to it. You can hear the style of Queen in it.:wub2:

 

 

@szára Oh yessss i'm agree with you!!!!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Loo said:

In the end, only he knows the hidden meaning of all the symbols in his clips, and he won't say them.
So we might as well have fun finding them ourselves.  :wink2:

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Loo said:

He had explained that a song on the album talked about his straight side and about loving a woman with a love that wasn't "physical", or something similar.

 

But wasn't that about the song "Blue", that it's a declaration of love to a woman he has no physical interest in? Or was there another interview I missed?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mellody said:

 

But wasn't that about the song "Blue", that it's a declaration of love to a woman he has no physical interest in? Or was there another interview I missed?

 

I remember the same thing: it was "Blue"

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, A. Clay said:

 

I saw and laughed!
Will he answer seriously or will he invent one of his usual stories?  :biggrin2:
Which questions will he choose as well?

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.