2019 - Mika with Andrea Bocelli Pisa Teatro Del Silenzio 25th July REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

La Nazione

Mika e Bocelli sulle ‘Ali di libertà’ Il figlio Matteo da solo intona le parole di “Sogno” e poi il duetto con il padre
530 words
26 July 2019

Successo della prima serata. E domani il bis con Dua Lipa

di NICOLA PASQUINUCCI

LA STATUA piazzata al centro del teatro del Silenzio a Lajatico è la sintesi dello spirito della quattordicesima edizione del grande concerto di Andrea Bocelli. Quel simbolo si chiama Gabriel, un uomo alato di Daniele Basso che con il suo acciaio lucido risplende al tramonto, quando i musicisti si stavano preparando a far vibrare le prime note di Ali di libertà, il titolo dell’edizione 2019 che prende spunto dall’ultimo album del maestro che sta riscuotendo grande successo in tutto il mondo. Una serata con tanti ospiti prestigiosi, tra i quali Carol Alt,

l’attrice americana Katherine Kelly Lang, la scrittrice Antonella Boralevi solo per citarne alcuni. Una serata che porta anche tante sorprese, la prima è la presenza di Stefano Accorsi, voce narrante. Ma La serata si è aperta con l’Inno dalla sinfonia numero 9 di Beethoven per proseguire in un primo blocco tutto lirico attraverso le note “Di qella pira” di Verdi, “Ah, tout est bien fini... Ô souverain” di Massenet, “Je veux vivre” da Roméo et Juliette di Martinez; “Viva il vino spumeggiante (Brindisi)” da Cavelleria Rusticana di Mascagni, “Au fond du temple saint” da Les Pêcheurs de perles di Bizet, “Pavane op.50 in Fa diesis minore” di Faurét, “O Soave Fanciulla” da La Bohème di Puccini e “Libiamo ne’ lieti calici” da La Traviata di Verdi a Sinfonia n°9 in re minore. Una cavalcata in note tutta sostenuta da Bocelli e, in parte da Larisa Martinez, mentre a dirigere l’orchestra ci pensa Beatrice Venezi, la prima giovane donna italiana a salire sul podio come direttore d’orchestra per la parte classica. Poi la serata prosegue con il maestro Carlo Berini con altre opere classiche fino a introdurre il super ospite della serata, Mika, il cantante che con i suoi successi e presenze in tv ai talent ha segnato questo ultimo decennio della musica internazionale.

Il cantante libanese naturalizzato britannico appare sulle note di Ali di libertà e la platea, sold out, esplode in un forte applauso. Poi il maestro lajatichino resta solo sul palco per intonare “Vivo” e poco dopo torna Mika per restarci da solo con i suoi due successi “Tiny Love” da My name is Michael Holbrook e “Happy Ending” da Life in cartoon. Un boato di applausi e la serata volge al termine, ma prima sul palco appare Matteo Bocelli, il figlio del grande maestro, negli ultimi tre anni, proprio su questo palco, ha visto crescere il suo peso in termini di bravuta e valore. Questa volta è solo per cantare Sogno e dopo arriva il padre per un bel duetto Fall on me. Poi il gran finale di Andrea che si prende tutti gli applausi con Gloria, the gift of life. E la magia del teatro del Silenzio si è dinuovo compiuta. Ma non finisce qui. Domani il secondo e ultimo evento con la cantante Dua Lipa. In questo caso, ci sono ancora biglietti disponibili sul circuito ufficiale.

(Google Translation)

Mika and Bocelli on 'Wings of Freedom' The son Matthew alone intones the words of "Dream" and then the duet with her father

Success of the first evening. And tomorrow the encore with Dua Lipa

NICOLA PASQUINUCCI

THE STATUE placed at the center of the Silence Theater in Lajatico summarizes the spirit of the fourteenth edition of the great Andrea Bocelli concert. That symbol is called Gabriel, a winged Daniele Basso man with his polished steel shines at sunset, when the musicians were preparing to vibrate the first notes of Wings of Freedom, the title of the 2019 that takes its cue from ' latest album of the master who is enjoying great success around the world. An evening with many prestigious guests, including Carol Alt,

American actress Katherine Kelly Lang, writer Antonella Boralevi to name a few. An evening that also brings many surprises, the first is the presence of Stefano Accorsi, narrator. But The evening opened with the hymn from Beethoven's Symphony No. 9 to proceed in a first block around opera through notes "Of qella pyre" by Verdi, "Ah, tout est bien fini ... Ô souverain" Massenet "Je veux vivre" from Roméo et Juliette Martinez; "Long live the sparkling wine (Brindisi)" from Cavelleria Rusticana by Mascagni, "Au fond du temple saint" from Les Pecheurs de perles by Bizet, "Pavane in F-sharp minor op.50" by Faurét, "O Soave Fanciulla" from La Bohème and "Libiamo ne 'happy goblets" from La Traviata in Symphony No. 9 in D minor. A ride in notes all supported by Bocelli and in part by Larisa Martinez, while directing the orchestra thinks Beatrice Venezi, the first young Italian woman to climb on the podium as a conductor for the classical part. Then the evening continues with maestro Carlo Berini with other classic works to introduce the super guest of the evening, Mika, the singer with its successes and appearances in the TV talent has marked the last decade of international music.

The naturalized British Lebanese singer appears on Ali notes of freedom and the audience, sold out, explodes in a loud round of applause. Then the master lajatichino remains alone on stage to sing "live" and soon after Mika back to stay there alone with his two hits "Tiny Love" by My name is Michael Holbrook and "Happy Ending" by Life in cartoon. A roar of applause and the evening comes to an end, but first appears on stage Matteo Bocelli, the son of the great master, the past three years, on this very stage, has increased its weight in terms of bravuta and value. This time it's just to sing Dream and comes after the father to a beautiful duet Fall on me. Then the grand finale of Andrea who takes all the applause with Gloria, the gift of life. And the magic of the Silence Theater has dinuovo accomplished. And there's more. Tomorrow the second and last event with singer Dua Lipa. In this case, there are still tickets available on the official circuit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Long report coming :biggrin2:

Yesterday was the most amazing, lucky day. My friend Serena and I live in close villages and we met thanks to Mika. When we heard the news about Bocelli we decided to take a road trip to Pisa, which is not far from where we live, and go exploring the place, just in case we’d have the chance to find Mika somewhere during the day. When the announcement of the event was made, it was already sold out, so we didn’t even think about getting tickets, cause we were sure there were none. Just to give it a little try, I subscribed to Bocelli’s official fan page on Facebook, with the idea that maybe there could have been some extra tickets. I had no luck with that, but a comment said “if you’re around Lajatico (the place of the event) try and ask to the tourist office”.

So, yesterday morning we got to Lajatico. For the ones who may not know, this is the place where Bocelli was born, so it’s kind of special. The old town is all colored in red and every little spot has a reminder of Bocelli: may it be a statue of him, of the winged man, a painting inside shops, it really is wonderful. In front of the main square, we found the tourist office, and there the dream began. Turns out that a local brought back a few tickets for them to sell, cause in fact he couldn’t go anymore. They also were the cheapest, which was the only possible option for us to get in since tickets are so expensive. We couldn’t believe any of that - and in fact we didn’t until we got into the theatre. It was like, between all these comments on Facebook, we were meant to find the one helping us, you know. It was a strange, beautiful sensation.

In the afternoon, we took the first shuttle to the theatre. “Il teatro del silenzio” is a venue in the middle of a hill, with nothing else around, all surrounded by kilometers of grass, little roads and trees - all you can see looking far are more trees and more hills. All this nature makes the place unbelievable to be in, it looks and feels magic.The theme of the show was “freedom”, in fact there were many references to that. The goal was to raise money to build back a music school in Camerino, a place that unfortunately was affected by a earthquake, so the meaning of the show felt even stronger.

DSCN1987.thumb.jpg.7013bd83c7bce73aa75bf5c44e915000.jpg

DSCN1992.thumb.jpg.6551cfcf77b30933c9b36431fd44be35.jpg

The stage was huge, with the winged man standing in the middle. The scenography was sensational and changed for every song: there were horses, fire juggling, acrobats, ballet dancers, fireworks, confetti, every single thing you can imagine, and Bocelli’s voice can’t be described with words. I found myself shaking when he sang “Inno alla gioia” and had chills when the show ended with “Nessun dorma”, his voice could overpower the whole orchestra and the loud applause of the audience. This show is a memory I’ll forever cherish.

Seeing Mika in such a stunning context was the biggest privilege for me. The first song was “Ali Di Libertà” with Bocelli. The winged man had turned red and there were wings behind them. Mika’s voice was absolutely marvelous, he sang in a perfect Italian and it was such an emotion to hear his voice merging with Bocelli’s voice. After other songs he was interviewed for a while by the host of the show. He said his parents were there to see him and talked a bit about being surrounded by different cultures since he was a kid - and he also said he’s the worst compared to his siblings because he can “only” speak 4 languages, while his sisters can speak 8.

DSCN2014.thumb.jpg.50d86ff19c46f53391927c421a5fa05d.jpg

DSCN2016.thumb.jpg.da1595ddc92811a10165602a9a827f41.jpg

The first song he sang on his own was Tiny Love. You can expect to hear a masterpiece. He said that version was not the same as the one in the album, I think that’s because it was arranged for the orchestra, but let me tell you. The sound changes continuously, every part of the song has a different way of presenting itself. I didn’t understand many words, but as he hinted in some interviews, that’s the first song he wrote, with the line “My name is Michael Holbrook, I was born in 1983”. He also talks about Central Park somehow, but I didn’t understand more of that sentence. So yes, that’s just a harmless tiny little spoiler. (We’re gonna love it!) :wub2:

As for the last one, as Eriko predicted :teehee:, he sang Happy Ending with Ida and Max. Hearing Ida’s voice brought me back to the symphonic gig in Florence and the marvelous memories I made there. The orchestra had this huge sound and Mika’s voice during the whole song, and mostly the chorus, was incredible. He wasn’t standing still, but started moving around, he went down near to the orchestra and then back on stage. I’m sure you saw some pics already, but he had one of my favorite suits, the brown one with little shining stars shaping it. As always, classy and elegant and most of all, he brings joy wherever he goes. He made the whole audience laugh multiple times and at the end of one of his songs he made that cute little laugh he sometimes does. He looked happy and, I imagine he was also quite nervous, but I assure you he spread his light in every corner of that magnificent place.

DSCN2022.thumb.jpg.fbbe92a98a9e69a1d1056681cd454c09.jpg

Hope you enjoyed my report and pics! ^_^

• Like 9
  • Thanks 8

28 minutes ago, sara09 said:

but I assure you he spread his light in every corner of that magnificent place.

Oh, Thank you Sara for your report. You were sooooo lucky to go there and see this fantastic concert live!!!!! :fangurl:

Thank you for all these details about the show and Mika. Saying that he spread his light in every corner sound so sweet!!!!!!

• Like 4

Very nice suit!  :wub2:
Too cute, the anguish he had for "Ali Di Libertà" (and the little note hidden in his pocket).  :cloud:

Too bad his voice was covered by Bocelli's.

"Tiny love" is pretty too, I liked how he got closer to Ida to  spotlight her more.

• Like 1

Just now, Loo said:

Very nice suit!  :wub2:
Too cute, the anguish he had for "Ali Di Libertà" (and the little note hidden in his pocket).  :cloud:

Too bad his voice was covered by Bocelli's.

"Tiny love" is pretty too, I liked how he got closer to Ida to  spotlight her more.

I didn't pay attention until you mentioned it, he was holding a paper to remember the lyrics !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1