My Name Is Michael Holbrook - Mika's new album 2019

mellody

2 hours ago, Amy hudsone said:

I wasn't expecting that, but the album enters at #6 😫 in France, that's his bad entrance ever, I am shocked

LICM, TBWKTM and TOOL were #1 and NPIH #2

Its not that unexpected though, this album didnt have a hit

5 minutes ago, Amy hudsone said:

The album sold 1000 copies in italy

The sales are clearly disappointing, I hope he is going to keep his positive energy to deal with that

where do you see the sale numbers? Are the digital albums included?

3 minutes ago, Amy hudsone said:

NPIH didn't have a hit too, the break of 4 years has an important effect

Boum boum boum was a top 10 hit and Talked about you charted inside top 40 too :dunno:

I agree about the 4 year break, but if Ice cream had done better, it wouldve sold the album too.

3 minutes ago, Amy hudsone said:

Yes, the digital sales are included.

I find sales numbers in forums or twitter accounts which are dedicated to analyse charts ans sales for each country

thank you

Do you think this is because not as many people buy albums anymore and opt to stream them? This trend has only been going upward since Mika's last album release. I don't think you can even buy albums on iTunes anymore? I don't know, I don't have an iPhone or have I used the service in years. 

I see no point in buying physical CDs or digital copies because I don't use them. I got three digital copies of this album for a ticket purchase, merch purchase and purchase of a vinyl. They are pushing the digital copies with these things to boost the album on the charts because no many people buy them anymore. It's kind of ricidulous. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kreacher said:

i was about to come to this thread complaining how short this album is, but i checked the total length of the others first and MNIMH actually the longest by 8 seconds! :shocked: i wonder why it feels so short to me  

It's because it's so great that you can't believe it's over when you're done listening :cheerful_h4h:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ellie said:

#57 in UK

I just saw it. I hope he is going to be able to realize all his projects especially for the tour, he is self-funding his shows, he used the voice budget to fund his concerts too but that is not going to last for so long.

• Like 1

Dunno how correct information about  sales, I don't know any serious site for that, let us do all to support Mika with streamng and clicking. From Germany I don't expect anything also the album is still in Itune charts, we've got just two critics for the album and they are awful

• Like 1

The sources of information that I used for charts and sales are reliable. iTunes charts don't represent anything in the total sales. Nowadays, streaming represents the biggest part of sales and MNIMH didn't manage to enter any Spotify chart at any country which justify the fact that Mika was #1 on iTunes in France for the whole week but at the end he finished #6 when they added physical sales and streaming.

Fortunately, at least ticket sales for his shows are encouraging.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cat_loves_mika said:

Do you think this is because not as many people buy albums anymore and opt to stream them?

Even Mika mentioned it in his interviews. The music marked has changed. Now they don't sell albums like it was in the past. Streaming and downloading is more important. There is money behind. And I think that if Mika is #1 or #100 the most important is if he gets enough money from sales to cover all the costs he had. He is a source of living for several persons (his musicians, managers ect).

He is a niche artist so he does not expect the same as the top singers of the world.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Even Mika mentioned it in his interviews. The music marked has changed. Now they don't sell albums like it was in the past. Streaming and downloading is more important. There is money behind. And I think that if Mika is #1 or #100 the most important is if he gets enough money from sales to cover all the costs he had. He is a source of living for several persons (his musicians, managers ect).

He is a niche artist so he does not expect the same as the top singers of the world.

He has incredible spotlights and essentially advertising from Spotify, the top streaming service. That's more important that album placement on the charts these days. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I hope he'll sell enough so that everything will be fine for him. :wink2:

Anyway his music deserves much more attention in general.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, lorenzopozzi.45 said:

This morning he said that he and his staff are very happy because the album is going very well and the sales are better than the previous one...

They arent though, maybe better in terms of what their expectations were :aah:

26 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

He isnt doing well on streaming thats why the chart placements are so low even though he sells well enough. The charts do matter from a marketing point of view...

Anyway if theyre happy then 🤷‍♀️