My Name Is Michael Holbrook - Mika's new album 2019

mellody

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/11/2019 at 4:34 PM, Paoletta said:

Finally also me have a CD!!! :cheer:

YES - finally me too got my two CD's this week!! :clap:About 3 weeks ago, I sent a mail and asked when they would be sent. I got a very quick answer - with "thank you for your patience" and the CD's were on their way to me the same week!  After listening to all the tracks carefully, while reading the lyrics enclosed the inlay, I can honestly say that I smile - and I mean it!! 😍 After the wonderful NPIH alb. I didn't know what to expect next time from MIKA - but I'm not disappointed!! :thumb_yello: Imo this's a great alb. full of good songs.  There's a couple of tracks that won't be worn out in my CD player, but all in all I LOVE this alb. :wub: In a way it's quite diff. from his other albums, but still it's very  recognizable MIKA - mostly because of his voice of course :fisch:

My fav. songs so far are Tomorrow, Platform Ballerinas, Paloma and I went to hell last night.  The first two because they're so joyful and funny - the two others because they're so beautiful,  with a strong and meaningful lyric.  Also Tiny Love Reprise will be a classic,  I think.  Several of the others are pure quality,  and will grow on me - after more listening :mf_lustslow:

THANK YOU - Michael Holbrook, you're still the one & only - the very best! :fangurl:I do hope I can see the fab. show of The Revelation Tour, next year. A new London gig would be great!! :blush-anim-cl:   

Love, love

me 

• Like 11

Got my dispatched email a couple of hours ago regarding my CD and vinyl order! I'm getting up early tomorrow just so I can be straight at the door when the postie comes (usually between 9 - 10am) ! 😀

• Like 1

On 12/13/2019 at 6:25 AM, TinyLove_CJ said:

IT'S HEEEEERE! 😍 🎉

_20191213_114829.JPG

On 12/13/2019 at 6:41 AM, silver said:

Got mine too :wub2:

ooooh so big & pretty!

can someone post the track list please? I checked several sites & can't find any that actually say which songs are on which side of the record. Thanks

• Like 2

CD : TAIWAN ( Chinese Taipei )

百變米卡 (MY NAME IS MICHAEL HOLBROOK)
米卡 / Mika
......................................................................................................
發行公司: 環球音樂(Universal Music)
發行日期: 2019-10-25
類  別: 西洋專輯>男歌手

★全英音樂獎、MTV音樂獎、世界音樂獎加持,音樂大玩家2019全新大碟
★有請Bastille、Rag n Bone Man、Calvin Harris之御用操盤手製作專輯
★收錄"Ice Cream"、"Tiny Love"、"Sanremo"等13首最新力作

仿若21世紀的Freddie Mercury,音樂結合Pop、Pop Rock、Glam Rock、Dance Pop,MIKA的出現讓樂壇充滿無與倫比的色彩,同時讓流行音樂有了全新的定義,更著別出心裁的編曲思維,MIKA不斷突破自我、打破音樂框架,獲得全球無數歌迷愛戴。2019年,拋出全新專輯的MIKA,將再次驚艷世人。

本名Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr.的MIKA,現年36歲,2006年出道的他,出生於黎巴嫩的貝魯特,9歲時全家搬往倫敦定居,幼年時接受俄羅斯歌劇女高音Alla Ablaberdyeba的歌唱訓練,隨後在西敏聖彼得皇家音樂學院就讀,培養了深厚音樂基礎。MIKA出道13年以來,多次擠上英國金榜與美國告示牌排行,並在2007年獲得BBC年度新聲冠軍、2008年全英音樂獎英國突破性藝人、葛萊美獎最佳舞曲入圍肯定,在全球更擁有超過1000萬張的專輯銷售、32國獲頒金唱片或白金唱片認證,堪稱21世紀的音樂天王之一。繼上一張專輯【No Place in Heaven天堂滿載】釋出之後,MIKA除了進行巡演,也開始想要尋找真實的自我,「我想知道我來自哪裡,我想知道我的本名Michael Penniman Holbrook Junior是怎麼來的?在專輯完成之前,我就想好專輯名稱了,它代表著是一個宣言,且對我來說是一個挑戰。我認為我們不需要凡事完美,我們需要的其實是自我特色與豐沛的情感,並且擁有表達自己的自由」,伴隨這樣的尋找自我的動力,MIKA同時也著手開始創作歌曲,經歷過兩年往返於邁阿密與托斯卡尼的過程,MIKA的新專輯逐漸成形;最後他飛到布魯塞爾,完成專輯的錄音,交出這張萬眾期盼的大作【My Name Is Michael Holbrook】。

【My Name Is Michael Holbrook】請到了英國王牌製作人Mark Crew(Bastille、Rag n Bone Man、Calvin Harris),以及獨立搖滾樂團The Servant的主唱Dan Black加入音樂製作,打造MIKA的全新作品;開場歌曲同時也是主打單曲之一的"Tiny Love",透過種族多元的意識,打造了愛情的各種面向,彰顯出MIKA跳脫常規的音樂創作思維;首支主打單曲"Ice Cream"充滿了濃厚復古的韻味,在帶有Dance Pop與Disco的氛圍中,凸顯了MIKA獨特的聲線,並在YouTube上突破百萬人點閱;而除了兩支主打單曲之外,"Sanremo"、"Dear Jealousy"、"Tomorrow"等作品也都是專輯中的亮點,處處充滿MIKA獨一無二的音樂魔力,讓人再次體驗到睽違四年的感動。

CD 1

曲序 曲名 演唱人
1 Ice Cream 米卡
2 Tiny Love 米卡
3 Dear Jealousy 米卡
4 Paloma 米卡
5 Sanremo 米卡
6 Tomorrow 米卡
7 Ready To Call This Love 米卡
8 Cry 米卡
9 Platform Ballerinas 米卡
10 I Went To Hell Last Night 米卡
11 Blue 米卡
12 Stay High 米卡
13 Tiny Love (Reprise)

Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mika-My-name-is-Michael-Holbrook-2019-TAIWAN-OBI-CD-SEALED/223767909522?epid=7034645916&hash=item34199b5492:g:fJkAAOSwvqhdtAxf

sl1600.thumb.jpg.1041d673235772b7cf766c516c169511.jpg

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.8000e30bb9004d75549082f5e2c19d53.jpg

• Like 2

On 12/17/2019 at 10:38 AM, kreacher said:

can someone post the track list please? I checked several sites & can't find any that actually say which songs are on which side of the record. Thanks

ugh fine don't answer my question. i'll just order it and find out for myself.  :annoyed_h4h:

thanks for not answering, seriously. i've been looking for a good reason to order this besides "pretty, do want!" :lol3:

33 minutes ago, kreacher said:

ugh fine don't answer my question. i'll just order it and find out for myself.  :annoyed_h4h:

thanks for not answering, seriously. i've been looking for a good reason to order this besides "pretty, do want!" :lol3:

Why does it matter which tracks are on which side?  Get it anyway :naughty:

On 12/17/2019 at 5:38 PM, kreacher said:

ooooh so big & pretty!

I know it's late but I've seen the vinyl today in a bookshop, I was so happy even though I didn't buy it because I don't have a player for vinyl... But here's the tracklist:

20191227_172216.thumb.jpg.93e91f1139bb5b0d56700a4d59731691.jpg

Edited by giraffeandy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

I know it's late but I've seen the vinyl today in a bookshop, I was so happy even though I didn't buy it because I don't have a player for vinyl... But here's the tracklist:

20191227_172216.thumb.jpg.93e91f1139bb5b0d56700a4d59731691.jpg

thank you!

a shop was selling it even?! Awesome 😍 i hope some rando just happens upon it & is curious enough to buy it and they end up loving it and then  buying all Mika's other stuff and joining MFC

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 2

It's from Korean site.

http://www.hottracks.co.kr/ht/record/detail/0602577969669

MIKA - MY NAME IS MICHAEL HOLBROOK [LP]

2527584.jpg.3b2fa018a9525f8d517ab6ab51c4d9f5.jpg

Track List

DISC 001

No. 곡명 듣기
01 [SIDE A] TINY LOVE 듣기
02 ICE CREAM 듣기
03 DEAR JEALOUSY 듣기
04 PALOMA 듣기
05 SANREMO 듣기
06 TOMORROW 듣기
07 [SIDE B] READY TO CALL THIS LOVE (FEAT. JACK SAVORETTI) 듣기
08 CRY 듣기
09 PLATFORM BALLERINAS 듣기
10 I WENT TO HELL LAST NIGHT 듣기
11 BLUE 듣기
12 STAY HIGH 듣기

TINY LOVE REPRISE

• Like 3

:japan:

Japanese version

AMAZON https://www.amazon.co.jp/マイ・ネーム・イズ・マイケル・ホルブルック-MIKA/

マイ・ネーム・イズ・マイケル・ホルブルック

( including VONUS TRACKS for JAPAN : Sound Of An Orchestra / It's My House )

SL1500_.thumb.jpg.a013911516dd4f03fe259df0c70db383.jpg

SL1163_.thumb.jpg.5d763059f4480465e031bb63516b3659.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
typo
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2019 at 11:20 PM, Mikasister said:

It's my favorite. The particular Mika's Bohemian Rhapsody  :wub2:

I really love Tiny Love because, exactly like Bohemian Rhapsody, is a mixture of different sounds, very particular.. and even the words are so beautiful!!! I totally agree with you @Mikasister!

It is definitely Mika's masterpiece for me.

No surprise: Queen and Freddie have been my first love and they still are and will be forever... number one for me 😊

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Camilla Serendipity Gotti said:

I really love Tiny Love because, exactly like Bohemian Rhapsody, is a mixture of different sounds, very particular.. and even the words are so beautiful!!! I totally agree with you @Mikasister!

It is definitely Mika's masterpiece for me.

No surprise: Queen and Freddie have been my first love and they still are and will be forever... number one for me 😊

At first it was my favorite but after listening the album time after time I have others that I love, I Went To Hell Last Night is one of them, Dear Jealousy, Paloma, Platform Ballerinas and of course, Tiny Love Reprise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikasister said:

At first it was my favorite but after listening the album time after time I have others that I love, I Went To Hell Last Night is one of them, Dear Jealousy, Paloma, Platform Ballerinas and of course, Tiny Love Reprise.

Oh yes I even love Tomorrow and Stay high and Ready to call this love. Mmm it's quickier to say the only one I don't like at all that is Cry. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Camilla Serendipity Gotti said:

Oh yes I even love Tomorrow and Stay high and Ready to call this love. Mmm it's quickier to say the only one I don't like at all that is Cry. :rolleyes:

Mine is Blue

For me it didn't change much from the first time I listened to the album. The ones I had as favourites are still my favourites. Especially Platform Ballerinas. :naughty:

Some songs grew on me like Sanremo or I Went To Hell Last Night. :wink2:

But I still love the entire album and for me it's perfect :wub2:

• Like 1