My Name Is Michael Holbrook - Mika's new album 2019

mellody

9 minutes ago, Irem Aytepe said:

i cried when i listened reprise. Suddenly

so emotional

9 minutes ago, Irem Aytepe said:

WHEREVER WE GO

I WANNA STAY HIGH NOT LOW

Exactly. As Paloma says. Im in love of this song. Tiny Love is my favorite but this one is amazing. :cloud:

• Like 2

Wow, this album was definitely worth the wait! Some songs really shocked me in a good way, especially I Went to Hell Last Night and Tiny Love Reprise. I also already love Paloma and Stay High. I need to listen to the other new songs a few more times, but I think I'll end up loving most, if not all of them. :wub2:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MatanBenYosef224 said:

It has a bit of Beatles sound, or is just me? 

absolutely, exactly my thought. I love it! :fangurl:

I love Paloma's voice in TL Reprise, it's very beautiful and warm. :wub2: I'd love to hear him sing a duet with her!

My least fave song is Cry. It might grow on me, but for now I think it's gonna be the one I'll skip. Didn't think there'd be one I'd skip on this album, but hey, all the rest is just AMAZING, so I don't mind. There HAS to be one I like the least. :teehee:

It's gonna be hard for me to make a list of faves! :lmfao:

• Like 5

Just now, mellody said:

I love Paloma's voice in TL Reprise, it's very beautiful and warm. :wub2: I'd love to hear him sing a duet with her!

My least fave song is Cry. It might grow on me, but for now I think it's gonna be the one I'll skip. Didn't think there'd be one like that on this album, but hey, all the rest is just AMAZING, so I don't mind. There HAS to be one I like the least. :teehee:

WOW When I Heard "Cry" for the first time, I Was like....  I Don't Know. :bored:

Also for me it's somehow the least favorite... 

I Agree about Paloma voice, Is so Warm! her "tiny love" is her child? :mf_lustslow: me doing some thinking, Wish MIKA would really make a duet with her!!!

• Like 2

So, which is the song about fans then? :teehee: I'd have thought it's "Stay High", but as he sings "Baby" and "fingertips on my skin", that doesn't fit too well... though it's possible.

I think it might be Platform Ballerinas - the way we look after a long day of queueing but still dance like mad at his gigs, I can see some similarities... :naughty:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, mellody said:

My least fave song is Cry. It might grow on me, but for now I think it's gonna be the one I'll skip. Didn't think there'd be one I'd skip on this album, but hey, all the rest is just AMAZING, so I don't mind. There HAS to be one I like the least. :teehee:

Yeah, Cry is definitely my least fave so far too. But I agree that it will be hard to make a list of faves, because right now my list of contenders is pretty long! 

2 minutes ago, mellody said:

So, which is the song about fans then? :teehee: I'd have thought it's "Stay High", but as he sings "Baby" and "fingertips on my skin", that doesn't fit too well... though it's possible.

I think it might be Platform Ballerinas - the way we look after a long day of queueing but still dance like mad at his gigs, I can see some similarities... :naughty:

I had the same thought, Platform Ballerinas lyrics seem like they could be about the fans (or at least they fit the bill better than the other songs). 

I was also surprised by some songs because none of its was like I imagined myself ! For the moment, I already knew my favorites before I listened the album : Tiny Love, Tomorrow, Dear Jealousy… If I must choose the news one, I really love Paloma and Stay High the most. I don't count the Tiny Love reprise; since it's clearly above all the rest. I knew I would love this reprise but I didn't hope it to be so good !! God , Tiny Love and its reprise is an absolute masterpiece ! :cloud:And now I'm absolutely certain it's his best song  (for me, of course) ! It seems it's a symphonie !  

'Cry', I imagined so worse when I read about the "R&B" stuff... than finally, it appeared to be better I thought... I don't dislike the chorus... It's not like I really love this song so much, but if you imagine the worst, you can only be relieved. And the more I listen and the more I love "Platform Ballerinas". I already adore the lyrics I understand, maybe because I'm myself a girl who absolutely don't fit in the mold ! Ican totally see myself scream those lyrics like a crazy ! I really love "I went to hell last night", even if I' maybe the only one who prefers the beginning ! Well, I think I will make a complete review tomorrow. 

But of course, I love this album. :wub2:

Edited by Presci1108
  • Like 2

Yup, Cry is mediocre at best. The only song I listened to only once. I know its still  early for rankings or something but here's my top 3 from MNIMH 

1. Tiny Love

2. I Went To Hell Last Night

3. Dear Jealousy

Just outside top 3 is Platform Ballerinas

Share your best trio :)

Edited by toyboy94
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NancylovesM said:

Sitting here waiting, waiting, waiting in Canada 🙇‍♀️.  I'm jealous, jealous, jealous of you all overseas!

It"s our "sweet revenge" after the "Tiny Love , Tiny Tour" being on your sidr :naughty:

Stay high …….:wink2:

• Like 3

CRY

Cause I can’t be your slave to the rhythm
I've got needles on my feet
Won't be nice to get a little bit into you
Cause trust me I'm a little bit into you

Cause I can't be your bitch to the rhythm
I’ve got shackles on my feet
Won't be nice to get a little bit close to you
Cause trust me I'm a little bit into you

Must be a reason why
A reason why we fall in love
Give me a reason why
I'm hurting for the both of us

Must be a reason why
A reason why we fall in love
Give me a reason why
It hurts so much

Don't make me
Cry, cry, cry, cry, cry

If it’s only pain you deliver
Then why does my heart not see
Why do I keep on finding ways to be next to you
When no one makes me feel more alone than you

l'll be ok again, I'll be ok again
I'll be ok again, I won't cry over you
Don't make me cry

Edited by BiaIchihara
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

PLATFORM BALLERINAS

Dancing in her platform ballerinas
That's about as girly as she is
She ain't like no other señorita
And she won't ever let you forget

She says: Don't believe everything you see
That a girl wakes up with makeup
And her heart on her sleeve
She says it better be yourself your making

Cuz every other girl out there is taken

She says oh come on!
Dancing like she loves it with her best dress
Spinning jumping messing up her hair
But it doesn't matter
Cuz that don't make her less of a girl

And her hips she moves
Grooving to the music like a woman do
Throws her body in it not for me not you
But for her
And that that don't make her less of a girl

Dancing in her platform ballerinas
Like she's dancing in her kitchen at home
She says that life is made up of decisions
But everyone of them has been her own

She says oh come on...

When that song comes on
She don't know the words but she still sings along
Everybody's laughing but it doesn't even matter
Cuz that don't make her less of a girl

She don't have to aim to miss
Blowing up her lips to make them best to kiss
Cuz that won't even help to get a guy to kiss her better
And that don't make her less of her a girl

Edited by BiaIchihara
  • Thanks 2

I WENT TO HELL LAST NIGHT

I want to hell last night, followed you there
I was standing by your side
The saddest thing I've ever seen
Made me angrier than I’ve ever been

But in the darkest place
Our saving grace
After all we've been through
Though it kills me to say this
There's a little bit of God in you

There's a little bit of God in everything
From the sun in the sky to the tears that we cry
From the dirt that we hold
To our diamonds and gold

I finally realized
Just how lonely you have really been
Why couldn't I see it before
Is that why you let the devil in

In that darkest place I will follow you

When you’re dark and your sad
And your future's just as bad

When you’re hurt and you’re sour
Even in your darkest hour
There's a little bit of god in everything

From the king to the fool
To the bastards back at school
There's a little bit of God in everything (Getting all your diamonds and gold)

And though you might not be
In the finest company

When you’re hurt and you're sour
Even in your darkest hour

From a priest to the heart
To the man who start a war

And one day you will see
Part of you is part of me

Edited by BiaIchihara
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

STAY HIGH

What comes up must come down
I learned it in my science class so I'm not that dumb
Your finger tips upon my skin
You bring the sunshine to my window baby let it in

Wherever we go
I wanna stay high not low
Wherever we go
We're gonna get higher than the sun my baby
Wherever we go
I wanna stay high not low
Wherever we go
We're gonna stay High

What comes up must come down
But you and me we're floating above the ground
Our generation, has so much gloom
Cause there ain't no money left to alter the baby boom

Don't let me down now now, cause
I've been high for so long
That I don't know how to come down
Don't try, I don't even care if you lie
You, me
We're gonna stay high

Edited by BiaIchihara
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, carafon said:

It"s our "sweet revenge" after the "Tiny Love , Tiny Tour" being on your sidr :naughty:

Stay high …….:wink2:

Fair enough!! Ha ha. I made it till midnight but am too tired to give it my full attention.  A demain! 

And I listened to Cry for only a minute, but I like it!  I think it will grow on me for sure 😁

• Like 2

My immediate reaction when I listened to I Went to Hell Last Night was... This sounds like it could be a Beatles song. I was a little shocked hearing the sound from Mika, not that I don't like it. It's just so interesting. The Ooohs and Aaahs in the song are very reminiscent of the songs from I think Rubber Soul and Revolver and the beginning really made me thing of A Day in the Life. Such a different sound!

• Like 3

I have to say I have another favorite song and this is... "I Went To Hell Last Night" OMG what a wonderful song and yes, it's sounds like Beatles and some other band from 70's. I can't stop listening to it. Mika has surprised me with this new sound. :wub2:

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

I have to say I have another favorite song and this is... "I Went To Hell Last Night" OMG what a wonderful song and yes, it's sounds like Beatles and some other band from 70's. I can't stop listening to it. Mika has surprised me with this new sound. :wub2:

After re-listening , I totally agree ! The surprise gone, this song is just wonderful ! 

And thanks for the lyrics. I think I found "my" song with "Platform Ballerinas". It's totally me ! (and I think a lot of girls/women will agree !)

Edited by Presci1108
  • Like 2

Waaaaahhh I reaally really love this album. Some songs are so heavy, some songs are so funny and funky, but all songs are so beautifull in their own way! I see that many of you don't really like 'cry', I have that one on repeat and really like that song! :D I also love I went to hell last night and Stay high! :D And wow the Tiny Love Reprise!!!! I thought the Tiny Love couldn't be better, but wow the choirs and Paloma singing...! It's heartbreaking but so beautiful! I really really love this whole album! ❤️ 

• Like 4

I love all the new songs :swoon:

The only one I can't connect with is cry. The rest of them took me straight to heaven :cloud: Tiny love reprise is so beautiful. It made me cry. Paloma got me sobbing. I went to hell last night is absolutely wonderful :wub2: It reminded me of Bowie and Queen and the Beatles. I love Stay High too. Both lifted me up after the tears. I also love Ready to call love :wub2: It fells like being in love and loved,  just like Sanremo :wub2:Both voices go so well together :wub2: Platform Ballerinas grew on me after listening to it twice. Maybe cry will too :wink2: Blue is out of this world :wub2:This album is an emotional rainbow and  it makes me so happy :fangurl: My fav is still Tomorrow :swoon:

I yet have to listen to all of them on repeat to get to know them more,  but  it's love at first hearing for this album for almost all the songs :fangurl:

Thank you for this masterpiece Mika :hug:😍🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

I fell asleep while writing this and I had a Mika dream :wub2:

It was a meet and greet with fans and we were walking with  Mika on a road in a wood then we were by a pool (but not a deep one) and Mika sang for us and he talked and joked a lot with us. I was sitting by the pool feeling a bit shy, then suddenly  I grabbed him by his wrist because he was dancing and giggling so much he was about to fall into the water. Before that I was in the back of a big car that was going backwards on that same road (an unknown man was driving it) and I called Melachi and Amira who were there and they followed the car.  It was a stolen car belonging to a man from Belgium.

Then when I left I had a big bag with lots of Mika stuff in it and also the papers for the car and I threw away the stolen car's papers but I kept all the Mika stuff

I had a strange dream last night :lmfao: But the Mika part was long and wonderful :swoon:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Got it. I went to Fnac this morning and there wasnt a lot of CD's on  the shelves. Dunno if they had not put all them yet or if they had already sold them. I am super excited :excite:

20191004_113938.jpg

20191004_113959.jpg

20191004_114606.jpg

20191004_114431.jpg

• Like 7

I don't know what to say ... Except maybe Cry, I love them all ! Paloma, Tiny Love (and the reprise), ready to call this love ... WOW !

I'm so glad he used the piano again, le melodies are so great, the lyrics are powerfull, it made me cry and shudder !

Thank you Mika, we waited a long time but it was sooo worth it !

• Like 3