Sanremo - Song and Lyrics Discussion

Irem Aytepe

Credits:

Sanremo

℗ 2019 Republic Records, a Division of UMG Recordings, Inc.

Released on: 2019-09-06

Producer, Studio Personnel, Engineer, Associated Performer, Keyboards, Programming: Mark Crew

Producer, Studio Personnel, Engineer, Associated Performer, Keyboards, Programming: Dan Priddy

Studio Personnel, Mixer: Dan Grech

Studio Personnel, Assistant Mixer: Charles Haydon Hicks

Studio Personnel, Assistant Mixer: Joel Davies

Studio Personnel, Asst. Recording Engineer: Sam Makar

Studio Personnel, Engineer: Beatriz Artola

Studio Personnel, Engineer: Ian Mercel

Associated Performer, Additional Keyboards, Programming, Vocals: MIKA

Associated Performer, Additional Keyboards, Programming, Vocals: David Sneddon

Associated Performer, Drums: John Blease

Associated Performer, Guitar: Tim Van Der Kuil

Associated Performer, Electric Bass: Pete Randall

Associated Performer, Keyboards: Mitchell Yoshida

Composer Lyricist: MIKA

Composer Lyricist: David Sneddon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At first I didn't know what to think, but the more I listen to it, the more I get to understand it. It's, in my case, one of those songs that need time, to get the intention behind it, process it. After this third single, it seems to me that the fil rouge of this album is the imagery. They're so different, yet each one of them allows you to see a clear picture of what he's narrating, it's all extremely evocative. Just like he said, a proper journey through songs. Can't wait to discover the rest of it! 

• Like 6

Also, do you remember the story he posted some months ago with a mimosa and the sentence "take me to the place with the yellow flowers"? 

Turns out it was a hint :teehee: I was hoping so much for it to be new lyrics, it sounds so poetic! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, sara09 said:

Also, do you remember the story he posted some months ago with a mimosa and the sentence "take me to the place with the yellow flowers"? 

Turns out it was a hint :teehee: I was hoping so much for it to be new lyrics, it sounds so poetic! 

I think it is.

EDtl86pU0AAHyhL.thumb.jpg.6c1d5155a2a33b87616ed9882234241c.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I translated the lyrics in Italian: 

Ho tradotto il testo in italiano: ❤️

Pelle marrone chiaro
Labbra come un Campari
E parole come la soda
Posso venire?
Fammi entrare
Voglio andare dove
Le notti sono accecanti
E il sole continua a splendere

Se potessi,vorrei essere
In una piccola città in Italia
Chiudi gli occhi, vieni via con me
Domani noi saremo

Seduti in riva al mare
A bere il sole
Sei qui, quindi perché non andiamo
A ballare a Sanremo?
Possiamo essere lì tra un paio d'ore
Proprio quel posto con i fiori gialli
In un posto che conosciamo solo noi
Tramonto a Sanremo

Per sentirsi così
È uno su un milione
Un momento sospeso
Possiamo sigillarlo
Con un tenero bacio
Come in un film
Realizzato da Fellini
Adoro che tu abbia bisogno di me

Laggiù brilli come una stella
Non importa nemmeno chi sei
Tienimi la mano e viaggia lontano
Per via dei tuoi occhi, noi saremo

Seduti in riva al mare
A bere il sole
Sei qui, quindi perché non andiamo a
Ballare a Sanremo?
Proprio quel posto con i fiori gialli
In un posto che solo noi conosciamo
Tramonto a Sanremo
(Tramonto a Sanremo)

Lì puoi brillare come una stella
C'è un posto per te chiunque tu sia
So che sei stanco della pioggia
Ma domani noi saremo

Seduti in riva al mare
A bere il sole
Ballare a Sanremo?
Proprio il posto con i fiori gialli
Da qualche parte che solo noi conosciamo
Tramonto a Sanremo

Seduti in riva al mare
A bere il sole
Ballare a Sanremo?
Proprio il posto con i fiori gialli
Da qualche parte che solo noi conosciamo
Tramonto a Sanremo
(Tramonto a Sanremo)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Keyboards: Mitchell Yoshida

Thanks a lot @Anna Ko Kolkowska

finally I know his name.

Here is Mitchell Yoshida's website.

https://www.mitchellyoshida.com/

About Mitchell

Mitchell is a versatile composer, producer, and multi-instrumentalist living in Los Angeles.

He has composed a wide range of genres for film, television, games, apps, and art films/installations. He has also created and implemented strategically branded sounds and UI/UX design for a number of top tier technology companies.

Mitchell is a member of the group Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros and frequently records as a studio musician in LA and New York.

Mitchell studied composition and performance at the University of Southern California.

• Like 1

I don't know if it's already on MFC somewhere but he mentioned the music video for Sanremo in this interview:

https://www.edgemedianetwork.com/entertainment/music//281448#.XXLrOpLXWkA

"I'm working with a guy called W.I.Z., he's a director for my music videos. He did the "Tiny Love" video and we're doing another video for the song, "San Remo," which is based on homosexuality in the 1960s. All filmed on real film."

And also:

"From, "San Remo" not being about San Remo at all, but being about growing up gay and being a 13-year-old gay walking around the streets of San Remo and feeling incredibly intimidated by every other masculine presence that seems more beautiful, more slim, more heterosexual — just cooler and better than you'd think you could ever be. That's what that song is about. It's not obvious but it's in there."

Edited by giraffeandy
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

I don't know if it's already on MFC somewhere but he mentioned the music video for Sanremo in this interview:

https://www.edgemedianetwork.com/entertainment/music//281448#.XXLrOpLXWkA

"I'm working with a guy called W.I.Z., he's a director for my music videos. He did the "Tiny Love" video and we're doing another video for the song, "San Remo," which is based on homosexuality in the 1960s. All filmed on real film."

And also:

"From, "San Remo" not being about San Remo at all, but being about growing up gay and being a 13-year-old gay walking around the streets of San Remo and feeling incredibly intimidated by every other masculine presence that seems more beautiful, more slim, more heterosexual — just cooler and better than you'd think you could ever be. That's what that song is about. It's not obvious but it's in there."

Thank you ery much for this interview!!!! :flowers2:

Yes, Mika already said that there is a story behind 'Sanremo". First thing for me was his article for Repubblica about holidays in Italy - in Sanremo. But I I didn't think about a homosexuality. 

On the other hand when we listen to lyrics, I rather thought about Mika and Andy being together watching a sunset....

Sounds that the video made again by WIZ will be a very interesting one!

Anyway at last we have an interview by someone who already listened to the album!!!!! And we know another title on the record: "Platform Ballerinas" :thumb_yello:

Video and pics at Cittavecchia ( Stari Glad, Croatia ) on 7 September 2019

2 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

La Voce del Popolo

https://lavoce.hr/uncategorized/mika-sceglie-fiume-come-location-del-suo-nuovo-video

Mika sceglie Fiume come location del suo nuovo spot (video e foto)

La star britannica ha girato le scene in Cittavecchia

• Autore: Helena Labus Bačić. Foto Željko Jerneić -
  • Settembre 7, 2019

Nella calle Pod Voltun in Cittavecchia, nei pressi del Parco archeologico, si svolgono le riprese del video musicale della grande stella britannica Mika, molto amato in Italia per le sue apparizioni in diversi show televisivi e come giudice di talent. Da quanto appreso dai produttori del video, che dovrebbe uscire entro la fine del mese, a scegliere Fiume come location (al posto dell’Avana, capitale di Cuba) è stato il regista dello spot, W. I. Z., già autore di video per stelle del calibro di David Bowie e gruppi come Oasis e Massive Attack.

Il video è ambientato negli anni Cinquanta del secolo scorso in una città costiera italiana e promuove la tolleranza e l’amore verso le minoranze sessuali. E non a caso: Mika (pseudonimo di Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr.), infatti, è fidanzato con il regista Andreas Dermanis. I due fanno coppia fissa da oltre dieci anni anche se della loro storia d’amore non si sa molto, in quanto entrambi preferiscono mantenere la loro relazione lontana dai riflettori.

L’arrivo di Mika sul set in Cittavecchia assieme ai suoi collaboratori (la base dell’équipe si trova nel RiHub), ha suscitato molta eccitazione tra alcune giovani turiste ungheresi, capitate nei pressi del set proprio nel momento in cui il cantante si avvicinava alla calle Pod Voltun.
Il cantante libanese (è nato a Beirut nel 1983) naturalizzato britannico, rilascerà il 4 ottobre il suo nuovo album “My name is Michael Holbrook”.

:uk:google translator

Reveal hidden contents

Mika chooses Fiume as the location of his new spot (video and photo)

The British star shot the scenes in Stari Grad

In the Pod Voltun street in Cittavecchia, near the Archaeological Park, the music video of the great British star Mika takes place, much loved in Italy for her appearances on various TV shows and as a talent judge. From what was learned from the producers of the video, which should come out by the end of the month, to choose Fiume as location (instead of Havana, capital of Cuba) was the director of the spot, WIZ, already author of videos for stars of the caliber by David Bowie and groups like Oasis and Massive Attack.

The video is set in the fifties of the last century in an Italian coastal city and promotes tolerance and love towards sexual minorities. And not by chance: Mika (pseudonym of Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr.), in fact, is engaged to the director Andreas Dermanis. The two have been making a steady pair for over ten years even though not much is known about their love story, as they both prefer to keep their relationship away from the spotlight.

Mika's arrival on the set in Cittavecchia together with his collaborators (the team's base is in RiHub), aroused much excitement among some young Hungarian tourists, who happened to be near the set just as the singer approached the calle Pod Voltun.
The Lebanese singer (born in Beirut in 1983) naturalized British, will release his new album "My name is Michael Holbrook" on October 4th.

JER_1351.jpg.fa23b29307c3cff130148bf887bf4f53.jpg

JER_1424.thumb.jpg.657d5c1b58c78f090371fa54ec7c7ff2.jpg

JER_1418.thumb.jpg.ef7af65b32422d14a69ffc2bed7bd26c.jpg

JER_1432.thumb.jpg.50431be4795ed5688f710c557846b027.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1