It's coming out to get us, get us
You better run away while it let us
'Cause like it or not
Everyday we get a little better at jealousy
We [?]
Only problem is that it's wrong and (?)
And every single person, even you, even me
Is jealousy

Also not sure all of the rest is correct, some things sound a bit different, but I don't have a better suggestion now.

Just about the green instead of grey I'm sure, as green is the colour of jealousy. And I'm pretty sure I hear "it's wrong" in that other line. The line before could be something with "common".

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, mellody said:

About the missing lyrics, he really sings too fast! A few bits though:

I am sick of seeing everything
Deep in shades of green
(Dear jealousy)
Jealousy
It took a while for me to see
I thought I was the one who's jealous
But you're jealous of me
(Dear jealousy)

It's coming out to get us, get us
You better run away while it let us
'Cause like it or not
Everyday we get a little better at jealousy
We [?]
Only problem is that it's wrong and (?)
And every single person, even you, even me
Is jealousy

Also not sure all of the rest is correct, some things sound a bit different, but I don't have a better suggestion now.

Just about the green instead of grey I'm sure, as green is the colour of jealousy. And I'm pretty sure I hear "it's wrong" in that other line. The line before could be something with "common".

At this point: I don't need to be the richest guy [?] is enough 

I hear "I don't need to be the richest, I know enough is enough", without the word guy 

Edited by sara09
  • Like 2

I didn't think there'd be another song on the album that I could love only nearly as much as Tiny Love, but here it is. :lol: It's definitely my #2 of the new songs so far - the only reason why I like Tiny Love even more is because it's so deep and personal and has so many parts and layers, that makes it super special. But Dear Jealousy brings a huge smile to my face, it just sounds sooo good - everything, the melody, the rhythm, the fast and pointed singing, the 90s feel, the sound of the lyrics (not sure about the meaning yet, that'd mean I'd have to understand it :teehee: ) - and especially I love the way it builds up - the part which starts with "Jealousy, stop confusing me" is the highlight - the song is like "Cool! - Hey! - Wow! - WTF?! - WOOOWWW! - :swoon:" to me. :naughty:

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, sara09 said:

At this point: I don't need to be the richest guy [?] is enough 

I hear "I don't need to be the richest, I know enough is enough", without the word guy 

Now that you say it, I agree ... although the first "enough" sounds weird, it might be something different, or just adjusting the word to fit the music.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, mellody said:

I didn't think there'd be another song on the album that I could love only nearly as much as Tiny Love, but here it is. :lol: It's definitely my #2 of the new songs so far - the only reason why I like Tiny Love even more is because it's so deep and personal and has so many parts and layers, that makes it super special. But Dear Jealousy brings a huge smile to my face, it just sounds sooo good - everything, the melody, the rhythm, the fast and pointed singing, the 90s feel, the sound of the lyrics (not sure about the meaning yet, that'd mean I'd have to understand it :teehee: ) - and especially I love the way it builds up - the part which starts with "Jealousy, stop confusing me" is the highlight - the song is like "Cool! - Hey! - Wow! - WTF?! - WOOOWWW! - :swoon:" to me. :naughty:

I know!!!! Mika is magic :swoon:I can't believe how much I love all the songs in his new album 
I knew I would love them but I also thought Tiny Love would be my fav in this album then Sanremo came and I love both in the same way and now that Dear Jealousy is out I love it right away too :woot_jump:

I do love Ice Cream but it had to  grow on me...and the three others just got me hooked at the speed of light :swoon:

What a wonderful treasure chest this album is :wub2:

And there are still many we don't know yet :excite:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, mellody said:

:mf_lustslow: :swoon:

Not tired anymore now. :lmao:

@krysady you're right, it has a MJ feel to it - not a certain song, but idk, the rhythm, and the high voice in the background, it does remind me of MJ as well.

I find a reference to Like a Prayer by Madonna, both in the structure and the choir, whereas the title reminds me of Dear Prudence by the Beatles (lots of Beatles in this album imo 😁)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, pupaclaudia said:

I find a reference to Like a Prayer by Madonna, both in the structure and the choir

Yes, that too, you're right! :thumb_yello:

The Sound Of An Orchestra it's my fav till now, it sounds like genuine Mika, not like other singers... and it won't be on the album :sad:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mellody said:

That introduction at the gig suggests that it's about Michael being jealous of Mika:

or vice versa - as in the lyrics it's "thought I was the one who's jealous but you're jealous of me". :naughty:

As Mika said just before the song " It's an open letter to a jealousy bastard that I am" ( sorry for the word but it is a quotation 😁 )

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 1

"Tiny Love" is still my fav (but I have a doubt when I listen  to "Tomorrow"... ). But this "Dear Jealousy" is a really good song !! I'm so happy with this ending and this chorus, it will be great in live... 

OMG... this album will be juste wonderful... 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, pupaclaudia said:

I find a reference to Like a Prayer by Madonna, both in the structure and the choir, whereas the title reminds me of Dear Prudence by the Beatles (lots of Beatles in this album imo 😁)

Thanks! It was something sooo familiar in "Dear Jealousy"'s refrain and now I know what! :flowers2:

I like the song but not that much. It sounds like some mainstream pop song and not so mikaish at all. 

Edited by Mousetrap
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Hannah_ said:

Wow Mika’s album is filled with so many different sounds but I love them all! I don’t know how I’m going to cope when the rest release though 😅 these last few weeks have already been so much haha

When MIKA decided to go by ' @mikasounds ' he sure knew what HE was talking about !

[ALL the song artists out there , even though their song lyrics are different each song, 

each of their individual song collections, to me, SOUND the SAME]

Edited by A. Clay
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, krysady said:

Yes, that too, you're right! :thumb_yello:

The Sound Of An Orchestra it's my fav till now, it sounds like genuine Mika, not like other singers... and it won't be on the album :sad:

Interesting point of view. You don't want to know what I thought when I listened to LICM the first time! :teehee: Many of the songs sounded so familiar to me, like they were from other well-known artists (Queen, Beatles etc.), but it always was just the sound, not something he had actually used from those songs. To me, that IS the Mika style. :lol:

I agree that SOAO is fantastic, and I hope it'll be on a deluxe version of the album. But a) I'm glad we're getting more NEW songs, and b) I think the album has a topic, and SOAO doesn't fit to that topic.

• Like 5