Dear Jealousy

Irem Aytepe

5 minutes ago, mellody said:

but it always was just the sound, not something he had actually used from those songs.

True, but this time I find that he got much more influence for some songs from other singers... It's interesting, indeed, because when I've heard his songs for the first time, I was amazed by how authentic and unique they sounded to me, like no one else. 

I'm happy too for the new songs, I'm sure there will be some brilliant ones and people will find their favorites soon, not much to wait now :thumb_yello: I know I am extremely happy for Tomorrow, that song only reminds me of Mika, 100% Mika :wub2:

I rather find that Ice Cream and Tiny Love doesn't fit to the same album... after all SOAO it's about love as well, with a classical touch, and this is about Michael Holbrook, I hope you're right and we will get it on the deluxe version :original:

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, krysady said:

True, but this time I find that he got much more influence for some songs from other singers

Its his vocal styling thats a bit imitative of other artists no? And the rather unoriginal themes/song structures that seems overdone, even by himself.

Thanks @Irem Aytepe for your try at the lyrics. I think they're not quite right yet, but we're on a good way with your suggestions! :lol:

When I look at the movements of his lips in the video from that radio station Eriko posted here, I get different results than just from hearing.

We got one thing in common, (Amen?)

the only problem is that it's wrong and

and every single person even you without me (it could be even you even me, not sure)

is jealousy

I think sara was right with

I don't need to be the richest, I know enough is enough (not "the richest guy")

I think it's "this bed wasn't made for three", not band.

And then when he sings "you'd better run away..." - "while it let us" makes sense, but in the video he clearly sings a "b", so it would be "you'd better run away but it let us" - that doesn't really make sense - could it be something with "letters"? :dunno: 

Edit: maybe it's "but it led us"?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ellie said:

Its his vocal styling thats a bit imitative of other artists no? And the rather unoriginal themes/song structures that seems overdone, even by himself.

Yes, his voice in Dear Jealousy sounds like that, and the structure of Tiny Love it's an attempt to follow the same recipe of Bohemian Rhapsody, obviously. Maybe this time it was harder for him to find inspiration for new songs, and that's why it took so long... we'll get the whole picture when the album will be out, I'm sure there will be some nice surprises for everyone, we know he has the potential :teehee:

• Like 1

On 9/13/2019 at 12:47 AM, sara09 said:

At this point: I don't need to be the richest guy [?] is enough 

I hear "I don't need to be the richest, I know enough is enough", without the word guy 

And I understand "I don't need to be the richest star " :naughty:

• Like 2

After hearing this live a few times and listening to it numerous times, I'm 99 percent confident in these lyrics ;)

Jealousy, bring the music back to me

Dear Jealousy
You know every part of me
Hiding where no one can see
I want you to leave
Dear Jealousy
Why you smiling creepily?
Your fingertips keep holding on
But your tricks won't work on me

Oh baby, I'm jealous, I'm jealous, I'm jealous of us
I'm jealous of everything that I know we could be, but never really seems enough
I'm jealous, I'm jealous of everyone
Jealous of the man I used to be, and the man I could become

I'm jealous of your face, of your lips, of your eyes
Jealous of your house and the car you drive
Jealous of your truth and I'm jealous of lies
I'm jealous (dear jealousy)
Jealous of the ground beneath my feet
Jealous of your mouth and the air we breathe
Jealous of the way that you look at me
I'm jealous

It's coming out to get us, get us
You better run away while it let us
'Cause like it or not
Every day we get a little better at jealousy
We got one thing in common

Amen

The only problem is that it's wrong and
Every single person, even you, even me
Is jealousy

Dear jealousy
When did you move in with me?
This bed wasn't made for three
It's time for you to leave

Oh baby, I'm jealous, I'm jealous, I'm jealous of us
I'm jealous of everything that I know we could be, but never really seems enough
I'm jealous, I'm jealous of everyone
Jealous of the man I used to be, and the man I could become

I'm jealous of your face, of your lips, of your eyes
Jealous of your house and the car you drive
Jealous of your truth and I'm jealous of lies
I'm jealous (dear jealousy)
Jealous of the ground beneath my feet
Jealous of your mouth and the air we breathe
Jealous of the way that you look at me
I'm jealous

'Cause like it or not

Amen
Only problem is that it's wrong and
Is jealousy

Jealousy
Bring the music back to me
I can't even write a song
If you're standing over me
(Dear jealousy)
Jealousy
I'll take the good times with the rough
I don't need to be the richest guy
No enough is enough
(Dear jealousy)
Jealousy
Stop confusing me
I am sick of seeing everything
In deeper shades of GREEN
(Dear jealousy)
Jealousy
It took a while for me to see
I thought I was the one who's jealous
But you're jealous of me
(Dear jealousy)

'Cause like it or not

Amen
Only problem is that it's wrong and
Is jealousy

We better run away while it let us
'Cause like it or not

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Can't stop listening to this song! It's amazing!:wub2:

Now I don't know if I prefer this or Tiny love..both beautiful in different ways.

I really hope for a big promotion around this song, DJ is perfect for the radio (more than Ice Cream)..and the release of MNIMH is closer everyday...where's the promotion? :emot-sad: Maybe after the 4th October..?

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, *Denise* said:

Can't stop listening to this song! It's amazing!:wub2:

Now I don't know if I prefer this or Tiny love..both beautiful in different ways.

I really hope for a big promotion around this song, DJ is perfect for the radio (more than Ice Cream)..and the release of MNIMH is closer everyday...where's the promotion? :emot-sad: Maybe after the 4th October..?

I guess it will be after 4th October. The question is where's going to be the promotion? I know he'll come to Spain the 19th and for sure he will sing Ice cream and It is assumed that some other. It would be nice if it was this one or Sanremo. "Dear Jealousy"would have been great as the first single.

• Like 3

This part is the most difficult to sing for me. He's is so fast that my tongue rolls up like a twister. :insane: :sweatdrop:

'Cause like it or not
We got one thing in common

Amen
Only problem is that it's wrong and
Is jealousy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/13/2019 at 12:47 AM, sara09 said:

At this point: I don't need to be the richest guy [?] is enough 

I hear "I don't need to be the richest, I know enough is enough", without the word guy 

In the videos from NY I can hear clearly that you're right. :thumb_yello: He makes a short pause between "richest" and "I know".

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Mikasister said:

I guess it will be after 4th October. The question is where's going to be the promotion? I know he'll come to Spain the 19th and for sure he will sing Ice cream and It is assumed that some other. It would be nice if it was this one or Sanremo. "Dear Jealousy"would have been great as the first single.

Will you go to see him the 19th Alba  ?   :wink2:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sara09 said:

Same :naughty: the feeling reminds me of when I was trying to learn "Good Gone Girl", so fast! 

Yeeesss Sara, exactly my thoughts. :hi5: 

What I did with  TBWKTM was listening  the songs and  wrote all the lyrics in a notebook and while I listened to the songs I sang it reading the lyrics and in the end I managed to learn and sing it as fast as Mika but now I'm busy and to lazy to do the same. :sweatdrop:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

What I did with  TBWKTM was listening  the songs and  wrote all the lyrics in a notebook and while I listened to the songs I sang it reading the lyrics and in the end I managed to learn and sing it as fast as Mika but now I'm busy and to lazy to do the same. :sweatdrop:

Ahah, that's for sure a very efficient strategy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sara09 said:

Same :naughty: the feeling reminds me of when I was trying to learn "Good Gone Girl", so fast! 

Yes, that, and BIOTG as well. :aah:

Anyway I've probably been listening to DJ at least 50 times since it was released, and meanwhile I don't feel that lost anymore if I try to sing the fast chorus. :lol3: Although I still often forget the "like it or not", but it's all a question of practise... At least we still have some time until the gigs (although lots more songs to learn until then, too! :aah: ).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, mellody said:

Yes, that, and BIOTG as well. :aah:

Anyway I've probably been listening to DJ at least 50 times since it was released, and meanwhile I don't feel that lost anymore if I try to sing the fast chorus. :lol3: Although I still often forget the "like it or not", but it's all a question of practise... At least we still have some time until the gigs (although lots more songs to learn until then, too! :aah: ).

A few months of practice will help, yes! Hopefully by then I'll be able to sing all the things he's jealous of in the right order :teehee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Mikasister said:

but no, Alba, it's the hot temperatures that are responsible.841.PNG.85cb53cdb85782e8d1baa79689af3b86.PNG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/15/2019 at 1:08 PM, Mikasister said:

Agree.

Maybe there will be promotion in Italy and France for sure (especially in Italy because we have 12 dates, not sold out for now). I expect he'll be more present in other countries too..
I've a feeling the album is going to be amazing and it must be appreciated all over the world!

• Like 2