Dear Jealousy

Irem Aytepe

I can't with those verses. He sings too fast and I think he "eats" some letters. I try it every day  and It resisist me, the tongue dances inside my mouth.  Almost get Tiny Love,  Sanremo and Ice Cream but this one... :sweatdrop:

You better run away while it let us
'Cause like it or not

Every day we get a little better at jealousy

Only problem is that it's wrong and
Every single person, even you, even me

Edited by Mikasister
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Mikasister said:

I can't with those verses. He sings too fast and I think he "eats" some letters. I try it every day  and It resisist me, the tongue dances inside my mouth.  Almost get Tiny Love,  Sanremo and Ice Cream but this one... :sweatdrop:

'Cause like it or not

Every single person, even you, even me

You're right, it's difficult, especially the "cause like it or not every day we get a little better at jealousy" - because it's not only fast, but the rhythm of the words isn't like you'd usually speak them. Maybe it works if you try to get the rhythm right first, by just speaking the words slowly in the right rhythm, and then getting faster, and in the end add the melody?

I get it right most of the time now, but in turn, I can't get the melody of Tiny Love right. I think it's because in some parts there are many voices at the same time singing different melodies, and I'm not good at hearing the individual vocals, so I try to sing all the voices at once, which obviously doesn't work. :doh: :lol3:

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, mellody said:

You're right, it's difficult, especially the "cause like it or not every day we get a little better at jealousy" - because it's not only fast, but the rhythm of the words isn't like you'd usually speak them. Maybe it works if you try to get the rhythm right first, by just speaking the words slowly in the right rhythm, and then getting faster, and in the end add the melody?

I get it right most of the time now, but in turn, I can't get the melody of Tiny Love right. I think it's because in some parts there are many voices at the same time singing different melodies, and I'm not good at hearing the individual vocals, so I try to sing all the voices at once, which obviously doesn't work. :doh: :lol3:

I'll try it.  Hope can get it for the gig on November 12th :wink2:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mellody said:

I'm practising tonight and I think it works but in the end my tongue hurts. It's the same when I'm speaking Spanish because it's not my mother tongue. My language is Catalan and  when I speak a long time in Spanish my tongue hurts. :blush-anim-cl:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

I'm practising tonight and I think it works but in the end my tongue hurts. It's the same when I'm speaking Spanish because it's not my mother tongue. My language is Catalan and  when I speak a long time in Spanish my tongue hurts. :blush-anim-cl:

Good to hear it works. :thumb_yello: And a good workout for your tongue, lol! :lol3: Is it the same if you speak English a long time? For me it's a problem with French - my tongue just refuses to produce the right sounds for this language. English and Italian (though the latter I don't speak much yet) are no problem to pronounce, but French... I know how it's supposed to sound, but I just can't get it right. :doh: (admittedly I have no motivation to practise though :teehee:)

• Like 1

OK, fine tuning after hearing this live a few more times and listening to the recording about a million times more! LOL! You're totally right about "I don't need to be the richest, I know enough is enough." And there's an extra "in" in the chorus.

------------------------------------

Jealousy, bring the music back to me

Dear Jealousy
You know every part of me
Hiding where no one can see
I want you to leave
Dear Jealousy
Why you smiling creepily?
Your fingertips keep holding on
But your tricks won't work on me

Oh baby, I'm jealous, I'm jealous, I'm jealous of us
I'm jealous of everything that I know we could be, but never really seems enough
I'm jealous, I'm jealous of everyone
Jealous of the man I used to be, and the man I could become

I'm jealous of your face, of your lips, of your eyes
Jealous of your house and the car you drive
Jealous of your truth and I'm jealous of lies
I'm jealous (dear jealousy)
Jealous of the ground beneath my feet
Jealous of your mouth and the air we breathe
Jealous of the way that you look at me
I'm jealous

It's coming out to get us, get us
'Cause like it or not

We got one thing in common

Amen
The only problem is that it's wrong and
In every single person, even you, even me
Is jealousy

Dear Jealousy
When did you move in with me?
This bed wasn't made for three
It's time for you to leave

Oh baby, I'm jealous, I'm jealous, I'm jealous of us
I'm jealous of everything that I know we could be, but never really seems enough
I'm jealous, I'm jealous of everyone
Jealous of the man I used to be, and the man I could become

I'm jealous of your face, of your lips, of your eyes
Jealous of your house and the car you drive
Jealous of your truth and I'm jealous of lies
I'm jealous (dear jealousy)
Jealous of the ground beneath my feet
Jealous of your mouth and the air we breathe
Jealous of the way that you look at me
I'm jealous

'Cause like it or not

Amen
Is jealousy

Jealousy
Bring the music back to me
I can't even write a song
If you're standing over me
(Dear Jealousy)
Jealousy
I'll take the good times with the rough
I don't need to be the richest
I know enough is enough
(Dear Jealousy)
Jealousy
Stop confusing me
I am sick of seeing everything
In deeper (different?) shades of green
(Dear jealousy)
Jealousy
It took a while for me to see
I thought I was the one who's jealous
But you're jealous of me
(Dear jealousy)

'Cause like it or not

Amen
Is jealousy

We better run away while it let us
'Cause like it or not

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, mellody said:

Good to hear it works. :thumb_yello: And a good workout for your tongue, lol! :lol3: Is it the same if you speak English a long time? For me it's a problem with French - my tongue just refuses to produce the right sounds for this language. English and Italian (though the latter I don't speak much yet) are no problem to pronounce, but French... I know how it's supposed to sound, but I just can't get it right. :doh: (admittedly I have no motivation to practise though :teehee:)

Yes, it is, although my spoken English is poor and I cannot speak it for a long time. I guess I need to practice. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, violet_sky said:

Haha. OMG.

I like it. 🥰

*rubs eyes* Is that THE @violet_sky ???!!!  Wow! Good to see you here!

1 hour ago, cat_loves_mika said:

My friend said this song is just like Touches You lyrically. I guess I can see some similarities if I really think about it, but what do you guys think? 

I guess I can sort of see that, if you're just talking about the lyrics. Musically, it reminds me of Promiseland. Just something about it gives me that Promiseland vibe. In a totally good way. I love both songs.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mikasister said:

Today I was listening this song while working and I'm still thinking It should have been the first single instead of Ice Cream. It's an ideal song to be played on the radios.  

Well, I think Ice Cream was the first single for a lot of reasons. Having a song called Ice Cream is fantastic for a summer release because well... the association of summer and ice cream in general. On the surface, the song is fun and simple and easy to sing along to with it also being sensual which is pretty pleasing as a single for air play with other pop music. With Mika making a comeback on the music scene after a bit, it makes sense why they picked a song that's going to appeal to more general audience and relevant to the time frame it was released in to make more of an impact. I think Dear Jealousy is a fantastic song, but it takes a little more thought to get your head around the concept of the song in my opinion. It's just not as easy of a listen lyrically as Ice Cream, and having very simple but catchy lyrics that are easy to understand is important for a song as a single for the radio. And when I say easy to understand, I mean the narrative or meaning behind the song. I think you could pick any song the Hot 100 and immediate know what it's about with one listen and that's not true for Dear Jealousy, you have to listen to it a few times to get the real meaning behind it. 

• Like 3

I think it depends on the country. In English-speaking countries it might be true that the lyrics are important. In countries where many don't speak English, or not well, I think it's more about the sound. Like, in Germany we often have Spanish summer hits that no one really understands. San Remo probably would've been a great summer song, it sounds like a warm summer's evening. And it's easier to sing along to than to DJ. As I agree that it's better if you can sing along to it, and that's also more the case for Ice Cream than for Dear Jealousy. I'd still love to hear DJ on the radio though. :teehee: 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, mellody said:

I think it depends on the country. In English-speaking countries it might be true that the lyrics are important. In countries where many don't speak English, or not well, I think it's more about the sound. Like, in Germany we often have Spanish summer hits that no one really understands. San Remo probably would've been a great summer song, it sounds like a warm summer's evening. And it's easier to sing along to than to DJ. As I agree that it's better if you can sing along to it, and that's also more the case for Ice Cream than for Dear Jealousy. I'd still love to hear DJ on the radio though. :teehee: 

That's what happens in Spain. When I was talking about DJ as the first single,  I was referring to the sound. It is a pleasant, cheerful melody. Few people don't pay attention to the letters and less if they do not understand them.

Edited by Mikasister
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

Love it more than the one for Tomorrow (even though it's a very similar concept), I even started to make gifs from the video... :teehee:

I love it too and also I love Tomorrow's video. It's like being in one of his concerts. Of all the videos he has made this time, Sanremo, Dear Jealousy and Tomorrow are the ones I like the most. if I have some complaint about  the video is that I can't almost see his beautiful face. 
Btw, can't wait to see your gifs. :naughty:

Edited by Mikasister
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

I love it too and also I love Tomorrow's video. It's like being in one of his concerts. Of all the videos he has made this time, Sanremo, Dear Jealousy and Tomorrow are the ones I like the most. Can't wait to see your gifs. :naughty:

These are just from the first minute of the video...

3ddag4.gif.4b9bb1c592fb90d007a83bf301b77ae5.gif

3ddcer.gif.cb256212327b3d5b1d3971376050d8a8.gif

3ddcr8.gif.390e986d4c2acb683583cc614b806bed.gif

3ddcy9.gif.0ed9ed6789f810646af6674687dc6d48.gif

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

Thank you!  :wub2: :flowers2:

If you want, you can post them in this thread :wink2:

Thanks, here are a few more from the rest of the video, I'll post them in the other thread as well...

3dddxy.gif.69e81370c10e9898c68388ca7d41c493.gif

3ddec2.gif.364341f5461739afd164b920410dad57.gif

3ddf1c.gif.39c82b6620a5ad2953143a7079f9e372.gif

3ddfet.gif.33b5a5c7615005fe661c9457d6376b6b.gif

3ddfm2.gif.f0ac2b3384b815b24643d9498653fa82.gif

• Like 1