2019 - Sept.12 @ Brooklyn Steel NYC : PICS / VIDS / REPORTS

Kumazzz

Kreacher thank you, thank you for "Tomorrow" !! I'm so happy to be able to hear it !! I love it so much, it's definitely my favorite with "Tiny Love" ! :wub2:   Wonderful song !! 

Ah, and "Blue" is also a sweet song (yes, it's definitely reminds me "Ordinary Man"), but "Tomorrow" hit my heart so much more… So thank you for the time you took ! 

:cloud:

It's a pleasure to see him performing again ! Thank you all ! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kreacher said:

I finally got a video to upload on Vimeo!

Here’s Tomorrow in full!

And here’s Dear Jealousy 

Last one is Blue 

This is absolutely amazing! Thank you so much!!! Can't wait to see Mika in LA!  Really glad you got to enjoy the show ! 

Thank you so, so much to every fan who shared their experience! :hug: When I saw all these videos and pics this morning I really felt like I was there, happy, emotional and pretty much overwhelmed - I think I won't ever forget this day. Can't wait to see what the Tiny Tour will bring in the next days :wub2:

• Like 4

14 hours ago, mellody said:

A first report from @tiibet here:

https://www.mikagigs.com/2019/09/13/mika-brooklyn-steel-12-9-2019/ :wub2:

From the report and the videos I see on IG, here's an attempt on the setlist (not in the right order, obviously):

Ice Cream

Dear Jealousy

Tiny Love

Sanremo

Blue

Tomorrow

Grace Kelly

Relax

Happy Ending

Big Girl

Popular Song

Origin of Love

We Are Golden

Love Today

Lollipop

Underwater

(Stay High)

And here's another bit of 'Tomorrow' (#7, if you scroll through her pix/vids ;)

Nothing from NPIH

70255428_2547399212212994_1789333618041028608_n.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Presci1108 said:

Kreacher thank you, thank you for "Tomorrow" !! I'm so happy to be able to hear it !! I love it so much, it's definitely my favorite with "Tiny Love" ! :wub2:   Wonderful song !! 

Ah, and "Blue" is also a sweet song (yes, it's definitely reminds me "Ordinary Man"), but "Tomorrow" hit my heart so much more… So thank you for the time you took ! 

Tomorrow did the same to me :hug: Blue is beautiful :wub2: Tomorrow made me remember when I was seventeen and so in love :cloud:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Presci1108 said:

I I'm in love with "tomorrow" too. It has a very catchy rhythm, I can't wait to hear it live soon!! 

• Like 3

I'm a few days late but I wanted to post my report here and share some pics!

In the time since I last saw Mika, my life has changed a lot, but I'm so grateful I could make the trip to NYC for these gigs!! Even though I don't live on the east coast anymore, it was amazing to see some of the friends I've made from the past tours and meet new friends! Hope I'll be seeing some of y'all in Cali either this tour or in the future.

One of my favorite moments was running into @sarac. Last time we saw each other was at my very first Mika concert in 2009. I was 16 years old then!! It was so fun to recognize her and catch up!! The enduring love of Mika is a really powerful thing! 

For Thursday, I don't think the show was sold out, and the queue was very reasonable even right before doors opened. There were a lot of people attending their first Mika concert who were very excited! I ended up in the third row, with an awesome view of Mika. The main difference between being there and the front row was the conversations with the surrounding fans. They had a lot of questions about Mika and were surprised that my shirt was from his 2009 tour. I guess it really has been a while! 

The opener, Kiesza, was fun. She taught us a few parts of her songs that we could sing along with which made it more interactive. She also had a great story about her return to music which was pretty touching. The doors were at 7 and she played a short set from 8-8:30.

Mika came on at 9, and he was incredible. 

He opened with Ice Cream, which is a very difficult song to perform live, but he killed it!! I think there's a reason it's the first song, though, haha. But it was a great way to start the show with a bop!! 

The new songs are lovely. I absolutely cannot wait to hear the recorded versions. They are clever and beautiful and I'm in love already! 

For this show, his dancing had evolved since the last time I saw him. He had a few more moves than the old days, but I got the sense that they weren't practiced, rather that he's just more comfortable and willing to move around like that. 36 year old Mika is just as fun as 32 year old Mika (and 30 year old, and 26 year old...) and an even better dancer! 

After the show he came out around 12:15 to say hi to the fans waiting outside. He even took a lot of pictures. I think he knows how much we missed him! He was as gracious and kind as always. 

Thursday was incredible. And it was just beginning... 

"Mika, then and now..." pic that my phone made for me:

DSCN0642-COLLAGE.jpg

Other pics from the show:

IMG_20190912_213456.jpg

IMG_20190912_213542.jpg

IMG_20190912_214605.jpg

IMG_20190912_222017.jpg

Edited by 77red
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I feel really happy to have been to this kick off date of the MNIMH era! 

I flew from Rome and I had been told I was being a little fangirling too much 😂 but it was totally worth it of course

The atmosphere is quite different from Italian shows, I feel really lucky to be able to see different kind of gigs 

F0A4A3F0-83C8-41CE-94D4-A4091B7D360B.jpeg

3BD4D7FC-4AFF-426D-BD7A-49D7C2E10A1C.jpeg

2708FFF4-43A1-4E79-A3FA-CFE4D17D4432.jpeg

2D25E002-A0B7-4B79-8950-C33D5B759C41.jpeg

68F77490-DD58-40BA-BCD8-D3A9A3B3332B.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1