2019 - Sept.16 @ Corona Theatre, Montreal: PICS / VIDS / REPORTS

mellody

2nd night in Montreal! Looking forward to your reports, photos and videos! :wub2:

:canada:

======

PICS

======

======

VIDS

======

@kreacher

@mel458

@dcdeb

@sariflor

=======

REPORS

=======

@kreacher 4162644

@starduxt  4162755

@sariflor 4162831

@lollipop_monkey  4162918

======

PRESS

======

Le Canal Auditif 4162733

Edited by Kumazzz
updating
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve been making more of an effort to film songs I haven’t filmed before, so here’s Underwater and some Tiny Love and a little We Are Golden...

Edited by kreacher
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kreacher said:

Love Today, complete with whispering and ................nope sorry, I just can’t do it *walks out the door*

D904F8C9-3E49-4524-928B-EAF63E09DB86.MOV

"now I'm dancing, dancing, dancing, dancing, don't care who can see me dancing" :mf_lustslow: I have the impression that he feels more and thinks less, compared to previous tours - I guess that's what makes these new shows so special. :wub2: I hope he can carry this feeling also to the bigger shows in Europe. :blush-anim-cl:

• Like 3

And then... There was yesterday’s show! For the first time, I was standing just in front of him, front of stage. Was eager to see if he would go in the crowd again, which he did, she besides me 😱🎉😁

although songwise, it was the same show, there was an extra craziness about the second one that made it special. The crowd was wild, and kept cheering at the end.

To top the cherry, he met and briefly talked to everyone who was standing in line in the dark back alley behind the venue (line was almost going into the crossing street) and for that, even if I’m just a distant face to him, makes me love him even more. Mika is an amazing and unique performer, but an even more amazing and unique human being. And I’m not the only one saying this 🥰

1F0841E5-C6C5-4EA4-A49D-6F489BC26493.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I wasn’t sure if I was gonna even queue much for this since in the morning I wasn’t feeling great and even pondered asking if someone wanted to trade a balcony seat for my floor ticket and I’d pay them the difference. But I finally got up and started getting ready around 10:30 or so, then my roommate Yang messaged me that the queue wasn’t long yet so I’m like screw it, I’ve gotta go queue or I’ll regret it! The day was lovely and warmer than the day before and I had a fun time with the Mika fans again, including exploring a pharmacy with Naomi and Rose, and walking to get poutine with Stephanie and Mélanie and just generally chatting with folks. 

Once doors opened Yang got held up getting in so was separated from us then someone pushed in front of her, :( put otherwise that was the only kerfuffle that I’d heard about.

I got a spot front row again just a tad right of his piano. Over the 4 gigs Kiesza had grown on me (her type of music just isn’t what I usually listen to), but now I especially dig Giant In My Heart. During You’re The Best I was filming a little bit and she spotted me, and pointed at me when she sang “you’re the best”. ❤️

Since I’ve more often than not been on the other side of the piano I used this opportunity to take several videos of him playing.

Mika opened with Ice Cream again then Dear Jealousy (still the best song ever!).

/extreme fangurl mode activated/ He knelt down on center stage during Big Girl and I had a clear view of his cheek and his jaw and his throat from the side and all of a sudden I was really struck by how perfect it is. Like obvs I’ve seen him from the side before (actually I had quite an unhealthy obsession with that region for some years!) but I guess it’s been a while since I focused on that specific detail cuz DAYYYYUMMMMM! Ofc I then took like 20 photos as he sang and not a single one does justice to him! I’m serious, like, how can one side of a face be so so striking?! Ofc, the front part isn’t too bad either 😛 /end extreme fangurl mode/

I didn’t film Lollipop but I hope someone got a good video of him as he was singing & playing piano because he was making funny faces and otherwise being adorable. 

At first he forgot the lyrics to Popular Song, but quickly recovered.

The set list was the same as the night before, yes Elle Me Dit but no Sanremo or Tomorrow.

A little girl at the left end of the stage had a sign written in French. He went and looked at it, then went back again later and read some more, then a few different times I saw him doing some dancing or smiling or singing for her and he took the sign and put it in his piano. Could anyone read what it said? During Elle Me Dit he pulled her up on stage. Poor girl seemed a bit nervous and in awe but did great. It was so adorable! I hope someone got a video of the amazing moment for her.

He whispered a lot in French at the beginning of Love Today while on the floor. I don’t know what he said but it was sexy af, even before he started humping the floor.

I hadn’t yet filmed the finale, Tiny Love/Stay High, so I decided to do that this time, the last time I’ll see him in who knows how long. Of course my phone cut off the video after one & a half “we’re gonna stay HIIIIIIIIIIGH”s cuz it’s memory was too full. Ooh I could’ve smashed my phone right then and there if I hadn’t more important things to do!

We gathered outside afterward in the alley at the back hoping he’d come out to greet us all, and there were many! Again I was nervous he wouldn’t come out and even if he did that I’d get caught too far from him and wouldn’t even be able to say thank you to him. But they lined us up along a wall in a much appreciated fashion and all of a sudden he was out! SUCH RELIEF!!! The security told us only autographs, no pictures!

I used Yang’s phone to film him signing her NPIH magazine edition (in two places!) but it was so dark all you can see is his hand writing thanks to the security guy’s flashlight, then she filmed me (it was too dark to see I think, but the audio is clear) as I told him that I had nothing for him to sign, just a gift for him. OH MY GOD I WAS SO NERVOUS, I’M SURPRISED AN ACTUAL SENTENCE FORMED! He said thank you, then looked at it and once he saw what it was he seemed so happy and said he didn’t have the book yet and told me thank you again, and I’m like THANK YOU and blurted out can I please have a hug even though I don’t think anyone else had really asked for a hug. When he said yes my brain stopped working but my body took over. I remember his arm around me but I can’t recall feeling myself touching him at all. It took 14 gigs and what like 7 meetings with him to finally work up the nerve to ask him for anything other than his scribble. Afterward my heart was still pounding up in throat. Even tho so many of us were there he stopped for everyone, talking to those who could form words and signing things. It was all very orderly and couldn’t have gone much better. He thanked us all and said some lovely stuff to the group which hopefully someone filmed to share. 

He really is the best! I know I say that a lot, but yeah. He is magical, enthralling, gorgeous, talented and all that fun stuff, but he’s also just as kind and generous and thoughtful ❤️ Ugh f*ck me, he’s making me a bit mooshy on the plane just thinking about everything.

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kreacher said:

I wasn’t sure if I was gonna even queue much for this since in the morning I wasn’t feeling great and even pondered asking if someone wanted to trade a balcony seat for my floor ticket and I’d pay them the difference. But I finally got up and started getting ready around 10:30 or so, then my roommate Yang messaged me that the queue wasn’t long yet so I’m like screw it, I’ve gotta go queue or I’ll regret it! The day was lovely and warmer than the day before and I had a fun time with the Mika fans again, including exploring a pharmacy with Naomi and Rose, and walking to get poutine with Stephanie and Mélanie and just generally chatting with folks. 

Once doors opened Yang got held up getting in so was separated from us then someone pushed in front of her, :( put otherwise that was the only kerfuffle that I’d heard about.

I got a spot front row again just a tad right of his piano. Over the 4 gigs Kiesza had grown on me & I especially dig Giant In My Heart. During You’re The Best I was filming a little bit and she spotted me, and pointed at me when she sang “you’re the best”. ❤️

Since I’ve more often than not been on the other side of the piano I used this opportunity to take several videos of him playing.

Mika opened with Ice Cream again then Dear Jealousy (still the best song ever!).

/extreme fangurl mode activated/ He knelt down on center stage during Big Girl and I had a clear view of his cheek and his jaw and his throat from the side and all of a sudden I was really struck by how perfect it is. Like obvs I’ve seen him from the side before (actually I had quite an unhealthy obsession with that region for some years!) but I guess it’s been a while since I focused on that specific detail cuz DAYYYYUMMMMM! Ofc I then took like 20 photos as he sang and not a single one does justice to him! I’m serious, like, how can one side of a face be so so striking?! Ofc, the front part isn’t too bad either 😛 /end extreme fangurl mode/

I didn’t film Lollipop but I hope someone got a good video of him as he was singing & playing piano because he was making funny faces and otherwise being adorable.

The set list was the same as the night before, yes Elle Me Dit but no Sanremo or Tomorrow.

A little girl at the left end of the stage had a sign written in French. He went and looked at it, then went back again later and read some more, then a few different times I saw him doing some dancing or smiling or singing for her and he took the sign and put it in his piano. Could anyone read what it said? During Elle Me Dit he pulled her up on stage. Poor girl seemed a bit nervous and in awe but did great. It was so adorable! I hope someone got a video of the amazing moment for her.

He whispered a lot in French at the beginning of Love Today while on the floor. I don’t know what he said but it was sexy af, even before he started humping the floor.

I hadn’t yet filmed the finale yet, Tiny Love/Stay High, so I decided to do that this time, the last time I’ll see him in who knows how long. Of course my phone cut off the video after one & a half “we’re gonna stay HIIIIIIIIIIGH”s cuz it’s memory was too full. Ooh I could’ve smashed my phone right then and there if I hadn’t more important things to do!

We gathered outside afterward in the alley at the back hoping he’d come out to greet us all, and there were many! Again I was nervous he wouldn’t come out and even if he did that I’d get caught too far from him and wouldn’t even be able to say thank you to him. But they lined us up along a wall in a much appreciated fashion and all of a sudden he was out! SUCH RELIEF!!! The security told us only autographs, no pictures!

I used Yang’s phone to film him signing her NPIH magazine edition (in two places!) but it was so dark all you can see is his hand writing thanks to the security guy’s flashlight, then she filmed me (it was too dark to see I think, but the audio is clear) as I told him that I had nothing for him to sign, just a gift for him. OH MY GOD I WAS SO NERVOUS, I’M SURPRISED AN ACTUAL SENTENCE FORMED! He said thank you, then looked at it and once he saw what it was he seemed so happy and said he didn’t have the book yet and told me thank you again, and I’m like THANK YOU and blurted out can I please have a hug even though I don’t think anyone else had really asked for a hug. When he said yes my brain stopped working but my body took over. I remember his arm around me but I can’t recall feeling myself touching him at all. It took 14 gigs and what like 7 meetings with him to finally work up the nerve to ask him for anything other than his scribble. Afterward my heart was still pounding up in throat. Even tho so many of us were there he stopped for everyone, talking to those who could form words and signing things. It was all very orderly and couldn’t have gone much better. He thanked us all and said some lovely stuff to the group which hopefully someone filmed to share. 

He really is the best! I know I say that a lot, but yeah. He is magical, enthralling, gorgeous, talented and all that fun stuff, but he’s also just as kind and generous and thoughtful ❤️ Ugh f*ck me, he’s making me a bit mooshy on the plane just thinking about everything.

If I remember correctly, at the beginning of Love Today, he was talking about hearing the heart of the theater 😉

4 minutes ago, cathouzouf said:

If I remember correctly, at the beginning of Love Today, he was talking about hearing the heart of the theater 😉

Thank you for explaining :flowers2:That makes his movements make a bit more sense

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, kreacher said:

😛

Great recap Kreacher! I hope someone got a video of Elle Me Dit from this or the previous show :pray: (it's my favourite song) and amen sister, I am so happy I got to see Mika last tour in Montreal, just to hear him speak French, other than bonjour & merci, everything else is gobbledegook to me, but Mika could read the ingredients on a cereal box and make it sound sexy AF!:mikalove:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kreacher said:

I got a spot front row again just a tad right of his piano. Over the 4 gigs Kiesza had grown on me (her type of music just isn’t what I usually listen to), but now I especially dig Giant In My Heart. During You’re The Best I was filming a little bit and she spotted me, and pointed at me when she sang “you’re the best”. ❤️

At first he forgot the lyrics to Popular Song, but quickly recovered.

I hadn’t yet filmed the finale, Tiny Love/Stay High, so I decided to do that this time, the last time I’ll see him in who knows how long. Of course my phone cut off the video after one & a half “we’re gonna stay HIIIIIIIIIIGH”s cuz it’s memory was too full. Ooh I could’ve smashed my phone right then and there if I hadn’t more important things to do!

WOW!!!!!!!!! what did you gave to him? What a magical and unique moment! One day I will try to wait and be there to see him! 

8 hours ago, kreacher said:

A big book about a Maurice Sendak exhibit I saw at a museum in NYC https://www.themorgan.org/exhibitions/sendak

:thumb_yello: How nice!!  I think you found the perfect gift for MIKA - and deserved his hug, which you were brave enough to ask for! :naughty: I'm really happy for you!! 😍 Thanks for excellent reports and videos - from all the special intime shows!!:clap::fisch: I suppose you'll save these MIKA treasures in your heart forever...:blush-anim-cl:

Love, love

me

• Like 1

Beautiful photos from

Le Canal Auditif

https://lecanalauditif.ca/concerts/tiny-love-tiny-tour-le-passage-de-mika-au-theatre-corona-le-16-septembre-2019/#photo-1

7 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Le Canal Auditif

https://lecanalauditif.ca/concerts/tiny-love-tiny-tour-le-passage-de-mika-au-theatre-corona-le-16-septembre-2019/#photo-1

• 17 septembre 2019

Tiny Love Tiny Tour : le passage de Mika au Théâtre Corona le 16 septembre 2019

En fin de semaine, c’était le retour de Mika sur scène, et c’est le cas de le dire pour son public montréalais, puisque la dernière fois qu’il a chanté ici date de l’été 2015! La foule était très fébrile à l’idée de ce spectacle, même que les billets se sont vendus en moins de 10 minutes. C’était une chance rare d’avoir un billet pour l’une des deux représentations de cette petite tournée américaine se présentant sous le nom d’un de ses nouveaux simples : Tiny Love.

Invitant pour première partie Kiesza, ce fut un vent de fraîcheur avant la tornade Mika. Elle était accompagnée uniquement de son guitariste et d’une petite guitare de style ukulele. Keisza nous a présenté ses dernières compositions. Nous rappelant un accident qui l’a forcé de prendre du recul par rapport à sa carrière il n’y a pas si longtemps, elle nous offre une prestation posée, mais colorée et énergique à sa façon. Rapidement, la foule devient son confident et elle nous livre son cœur sur table. Avec sensibilité, elle dédie une chanson d’au revoir à certains amis qui seraient partis trop vite dernièrement. Finalement, elle finit avec le succès qui l’a propulsé : Hideaway. Très calme et doux comme version, elle adapte la version pop énergique en une qui ressemble plus à son image d’aujourd’hui. 

Sans trop se faire désirer, Mika saute sur scène en débutant avec Ice Cream et Dear Jealousy. En toute sobriété et simplicité, il porte du blanc et nous présente le spectacle comme était sans artifices et écrans de projection ; il voit son public et s’amuse avec lui dans une plus grande intimité qu’en grande salle. Dans le même ordre d’idée, sur scène il n’y a que les principaux musiciens, pas de choristes ni d’instruments de surplus. Ainsi, on observe un travail plus pointilleux sur l’éclairage coloré rappelant directement l’univers de Mika

Il présente à plusieurs reprises ses chansons avec une introduction vague et poétique attisant l’énergie du public. Il rend aussi hommage à des couleurs, dont le rose avec sa chanson Origin of Love, écrite à Montréal. De plus, il raconte qu’il détestait le bleu, mais que récemment il a su l’apprécier puisqu’elle est celle qui illustre chacun d’entre nous intérieurement. Il nous livre ainsi une nouvelle chanson calme et puissante. Contrairement à certains spectacles où le public jase pendant les chansons plus calmes, un respect sincère planait dans l’air du Théâtre Corona. 

Sans perdre cette volonté de créer une bulle particulière avec la foule, il nous demande de nous fermer les yeux et de nous imaginer dans une ville différente. On s’efforce à rêver, mais lorsqu’on se rend compte qu’il est descendu dans la foule, pu personne n’a les yeux fermés. C’est à ce moment que les premières notes de Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) jouent. La foule en délire hurle les paroles et se déchaîne en compagnie de Mika

Coup de coeur de la soirée : Happy Ending. Même si les choeurs féminins occupant une grande partie de la composition de la chanson provenaient de la trame de l’album, ce fut une interprétation émotionnelle. Surtout, Mika a conclu la chanson avec le refrain, mais sans micro dans un silence total de la salle.

Il a interprété plusieurs autres succès, dont Underwater, Lollipop, Relax, Take it easy, Elle me dit et We are Golden. Il revient en rappel avec Grace Kelly pour honorer la chanson qui l’a propulsé au sommet de sa popularité.

Pour mot de fin, un spectacle de Mika est définitivement un évènement à rajouter à sa bucket list. Voici la gallerie complète des photos de la soirée.

:uk:Google translator

Reveal hidden contents

Tiny Love Tiny Tour: Mika's passage at the Corona Theater on September 16, 2019

At the end of the week, it was Mika's return on stage, and this is the case for his Montreal audience, since the last time he sang here dates from the summer of 2015! The crowd was very excited about the show, even as tickets sold in less than 10 minutes. It was a rare chance to get a ticket for one of the two performances of this little American tour featuring one of his new singles: Tiny Love.

Inviting for the first part Kiesza, it was a breath of fresh air before the tornado Mika. She was accompanied only by her guitarist and a small guitar ukulele style. Keisza introduced us to her latest compositions. Reminding us of an accident that forced her to take a step back from her career not so long ago, she offers us a posed but colorful and energetic performance in her own way. Quickly, the crowd becomes her confidant and she gives us her heart on the table. With sensitivity, she dedicates a goodbye song to some friends who have gone too fast lately. Finally, she ends with the success that propelled her: Hideaway. Very quiet and sweet as a version, she adapts the energetic pop version into one that looks more like her current image.

Without much desire, Mika jumps on stage by starting with Ice Cream and Dear Jealousy. In all sobriety and simplicity, he wears white and presents us the show as it was without tricks and projection screens; he sees his audience and has fun with them in a greater intimacy than in a big hall. In the same vein, on stage there are only the main musicians, no choristers or surplus instruments. Thus, one observes a more precise work on the colored lighting directly recalling the universe of Mika.

He repeatedly presents his songs with a vague and poetic introduction that fuels the energy of the audience. He also pays tribute to colors, including the pink with his song Origin of Love, written in Montreal. In addition, he says he hated blue, but recently he has appreciated it because it is the one that illustrates each of us inwardly. He gives us a new song, calm and powerful. Unlike some shows where the public talk during the quieter songs, a sincere respect hung in the air of Corona Theater.

Without losing this desire to create a particular bubble with the crowd, he asks us to close our eyes and imagine ourselves in a different city. One strives to dream, but when they realize that he has descended into the crowd, no one has their eyes closed. That's when the first notes of Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) play. The delirious crowd screams the words and breaks out in the company of Mika.

Favorite of the evening: Happy Ending. Even though the female choruses occupying a large part of the song's composition came from the frame of the album, it was an emotional interpretation. Above all, Mika concluded the song with the chorus, but without microphone in a total silence of the room.

He performed several other hits including Underwater, Lollipop, Relax, Take It Easy, Elle Me Dit and We are Golden. He encores with Grace Kelly to honor the song that propelled him to the top of his popularity.

As a final word, a show by Mika is definitely an event to add to your bucket list.

Here is the complete gallery of the photos of the evening.

30 PICS

17924265_LeCanalAuditif_Montreal(1).thumb.jpg.3ca7771b6e61c8da8c24b4b952524cb2.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

1144628943_LeCanalAuditif_Montreal(2).thumb.jpg.97fdd43e685ab1902e53ecd9cf336e7d.jpg

1757731098_LeCanalAuditif_Montreal(3).thumb.jpg.13c70ff4852e76e86c41dbc69988fd7f.jpg

1011857156_LeCanalAuditif_Montreal(4).thumb.jpg.50e3cc3350f3d8743a05f89f68856919.jpg

543005457_LeCanalAuditif_Montreal(5).thumb.jpg.978d31a9351349bf0f60f6613dad98ae.jpg

2038781948_LeCanalAuditif_Montreal(6).thumb.jpg.5a975e81c43bb85944bab5edc16e2137.jpg

2140813674_LeCanalAuditif_Montreal(7).thumb.jpg.f564ee22996580caa555959eb26eaf86.jpg

107999296_LeCanalAuditif_Montreal(8).thumb.jpg.2202962a47d4ed8592c68197a28bd0ab.jpg

1269291650_LeCanalAuditif_Montreal(9).thumb.jpg.e8d9fae8f90d13f663ce6a448b18fd1e.jpg

184134905_LeCanalAuditif_Montreal(10).thumb.jpg.6b2b5200c7fbce75759b7bc668012ce1.jpg

494413068_LeCanalAuditif_Montreal(11).thumb.jpg.89ae0691aa0a52a48cb98f1770570d3a.jpg

821202361_LeCanalAuditif_Montreal(12).thumb.jpg.8a0712e0f0fd62350e73bbae82503979.jpg

1358303414_LeCanalAuditif_Montreal(13).thumb.jpg.3a24ca09773dcba7458bf5a7485a68a6.jpg

947936135_LeCanalAuditif_Montreal(14).thumb.jpg.277ab1c22476bcdee6c7d12b826dd767.jpg

1227040577_LeCanalAuditif_Montreal(15).thumb.jpg.496bf01d3d0b0b649878540ba96f8c45.jpg

569826677_LeCanalAuditif_Montreal(16).thumb.jpg.8cf164103cd6b3c787143093a2af8050.jpg

1457323394_LeCanalAuditif_Montreal(17).thumb.jpg.23d36dd8b63ebb6ed91d08f25ea728f5.jpg

1743702517_LeCanalAuditif_Montreal(19).thumb.jpg.09503d4992ea3385fa842e0d8d0cc1fd.jpg

1344771256_LeCanalAuditif_Montreal(20).thumb.jpg.e2109fb29845f3adad20d83656cbc57b.jpg

358052148_LeCanalAuditif_Montreal(21).thumb.jpg.bf1078e20af818e86794388aa5be63b3.jpg

632461375_LeCanalAuditif_Montreal(22).thumb.jpg.e7d4b4231247d712cc31a58595eb9f11.jpg

366272850_LeCanalAuditif_Montreal(23).thumb.jpg.48909c6128ab76f73584c96b4c6ea8f7.jpg

719787750_LeCanalAuditif_Montreal(24).thumb.jpg.b0f72e4d16d1968816acb43b7b744869.jpg

159618812_LeCanalAuditif_Montreal(25).thumb.jpg.18dd12132b3f1dc2990f69e8bf5c0152.jpg

2129466566_LeCanalAuditif_Montreal(26).thumb.jpg.fae7dd5c04013d3a5eb06ef182e932c6.jpg

1169239460_LeCanalAuditif_Montreal(27).thumb.jpg.d9e707358930cc87858ba063e54ffada.jpg

949441686_LeCanalAuditif_Montreal(28).thumb.jpg.fad28f1007543f0355514ab451677e95.jpg

717040380_LeCanalAuditif_Montreal(29).thumb.jpg.eabc34ff159c9dc5a192526e2f1663e1.jpg

1890872748_LeCanalAuditif_Montreal(30).thumb.jpg.03a477156a2b2666bfcb402598564632.jpg

199772934_LeCanalAuditif_Montreal(31).thumb.jpg.6670601bd33fb00a8c3b8dd9decd43f9.jpg

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Mocha said:

Omg, j'étais dans la ruelle, mais c'était tellement long et j'avais tellement mal au pied que je suis parti. En plus du gars de sécurité qui disait qu'il n'allait pas venir 😭😭😭 je suis tellement triste

mel458 says "Omg, I was in the alley, but it was so long and my foot hurt so much that I left. In addition to the security guy who said he wasn't going to come 😭😭😭 I'm so sad"

after the show, Mika and his band ate at Foiegwa across the street. I was there getting post-concert food/drinks with friends, and his band comes in ... then 30 minutes later Mika comes in. There were just a few other people in the restaurant. We got to talk to him for a few minutes and got a quick photo - the other group that was still at the restaurant then (around midnight) also got a quick chat & photo in. What a nice surprise!

• Like 7

Well...I haven't posted on MFC for a very long time 😊 but these gigs were so special to me that I just had to...When I heard that he was coming back to Canada and that my Canadian friends were going to be there (the Toronto and Calgary gang going over) I figured that -since I've been to most of his Canadian gigs over the years and see it as my second 'local' gig 😋- I simply had to!!! Any excuse to see the gang and get up to some of our usual shenanigans, and also see the Montreal girls who I haven't seen since 2009! 😄

The two shows were fantastic and I thoroughly enjoyed them. Mika was in great form, and especially during the second night I thought that he was in a great mood and had a fun, playful vibe to him. He seemed happy and relaxed. I've noticed this time round that he has grown a lot as a performer and seems so relaxed and comfortable on the stage, it's like he feels a lot better in his own skin and even though he was always great, I found him even better this time. I don't know how to explain it but for me it was a very real and clear feeling. Like he's matured as an artist and performer. 

I got a standing ticket for the first gig and a balcony front row seat for the second gig, and loved them both even though they were different. The advantage of the first night was that I had a great spot, 3-4th row in the center depending on how the crowd moved, etc, which -with the lack of barrier- meant that I was very close and had a great view of Mika. He came into the crowd for Big Girl as you know and then he was very close again, about 2 people far or so, which was good fun since he was going all out and so was everyone else around him. It was great to see that everyone was really respectful and nobody (that I saw anyway) tried to grab him, etc, which is what I would have feared if I'd known that he was going to do that! He seemed to enjoy his little stint right there in the middle of it all.  

The gig was absolutely fantastic, but I was a bit annoyed that he didn't do San Remo, since I've loved all the new songs that he's released (a first for me in a few years!!) and I was really looking forward to hearing them live...but the ones he did, I loved. Dear Jealousy is probably my favourite for now, I love the way his voice sounds in that one, but I also really like how he sounds in the San Remo recording  which is why I wanted to hear it live. When he left the stage for the last time I kept saying: " He'll be back in a moment, he hasn't done San Remo" but I stood there like a lemming and Mika did not come back out 😅😅 

He didn't come out after the gig which was disappointing, as it's been years now since I saw him last and during the last few London shows it was impossible to talk to him, so I was really hoping that he'd come out, but it was not to be.

The second night I didn't want to go through the whole queuing/stress of a standing ticket and wanted to have time to spend with my friends during the day so I got a balcony seat, which was front row center so also great views. Of course this time the view was more distant, but as a trade-off his mood seemed sillier and this gave a good chance to see the full picture and watch everything properly without missing out on the details and things going on in the sidelines...which is also nice. 

The gig was great, he killed the new songs, and once again I was disappointed at the lack of San Remo...but I guess I'll have to wait until next time! I did wish he'd do all the new ones instead of some old ones which I don't particularly care for such as Popular or Lollipop. On a slightly critical note (sorry Mika, it wouldn't be me if I didn't dish it out 😅) I preferred the way he did Happy Ending in the older/earlier days. I'm not that keen on the way he does it now, especially the end, as I preferred the old tune that he followed then..even if this is one of my favourites live! It was nice that he could do the last bit a capella though and that we could hear it, since the venue was so small. I love small venues and simple stripped back shows, they are definitely always my favourite Mika shows! 

After the second night he did come out and we had the chance to have a little chat, which was lovely as it had been years!!! He said it himself, that he hadn't seen some of us for so long, but that it was 'heartwarming' to see us again and that really made me feel all warm. I think that I'm in fangurl mode again big time after these gigs, hahaha!!! Unbelievable 😜

It was SO lovely to see the Montreal girls again after so long, although they look exactly the same as 10 years ago!!! All in all it was just an amazing few days which I will be revisiting and remembering for a long time now, as we had so much fun and such a great time as always. Until the next time! 😍

I didn't take any photos, and only took a few videos. but here are the ones that I did take:

15 September

Happy Ending

TOOL

Dear Jealousy

Stay High

16 Sept

Dear Jealousy

TOOL

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

These two shows were everything I didn't know I needed. 🥰

I hadn't seen Mika since he played the Adelphi in London in October 2015, and I had almost forgotten how great his shows really are. I try to go to concerts rather frequently, and while a couple of artists have come close, these shows really reminded me that Mika is in a class by himself. I do believe there will be future fans (who probably aren't even born yet) who will discover Mika's music and wish they had a time machine to go back and see him live – if I may employ an overused comparison, much like people of my generation tend to speak about wishing to go back in time and see Queen live.

For the first Montreal show I had floor tickets, and ended up near the front on the far right side; the second night I had a seat in the balcony for a different perspective. There was no barrier in this theatre, so the first night we were right up against the stage. This show opens with a cool monologue about love and energy and the Big Bang - I'll probably try to transcribe it at some point, if no one else has already. He then bounds on stage and launches into Ice Cream, which is just killer live and will probably have a place on his setlist for a long time.

The Tiny Love Tiny Tour is beauty in its simplicity - there's really no set to speak of, and it seems to be all smaller venues. It's just Mika, the band, and the music. Both nights his voice was in great form, and he seemed genuinely pleased to be back on stage.

He's completely re-worked Lollipop – not sure if this version is new for this tour or if he's played it before, but it's jazzy and sassy and shows a spot-on progression/maturity 12 years after LICM. 

"Mama told me what I should know; too much candy gonna rot your soul. If she loves you let her go, cause love only gets you down.

But now I'm 36 years, and all that bulls**t I was told

I live my life, and love was found –

And mama, it never got me down."

The new songs are really, really great. Don't get me wrong, No Place In Heaven is a good album – but I think this new album is going to be several notches above it. Whatever combination of his headspace, his creative process, his collaborators, and any other factors - it all seems to have come together to create a really solid bunch of songs, and that's having only heard a handful of them.

Tiny Love is an anthem for the ages. It doesn't really sound like today, it doesn't sound like yesterday... it wouldn't have been amiss in 1982 and I don't think it will sound dated in 2032. It's definitely even better live than the recording - it just weaves from section to section beautifully.

Blue is another new one that's really well done, simultaneously powerful and delicate. During this tour he's bathed in blue light as he sings Blue, which then progresses into Underwater, still bathed in blue-ish light. Pretty cool how something as simple as lighting can add so much.

He did Elle Me Dit both nights, which was a highlight each time. The vibe in that theatre during that song was just on fire. The crowd was really great both nights - on the floor everyone was super into the music and really enjoying it, but there was little to no pushing and shoving or other ridiculousness. When he went off-mic at the end of Happy Ending, the crowd respectfully quieted down to hear him. (That part is such a treat - if I had at all forgotten how lovely his voice is, that was quite the reminder. 💕).

All in all, two really stellar shows. As we sit here on the verge of the My Name Is Michael Holbrook era, I feel like we're about to see some greatness from Mika in the coming year. I'm so glad he's back, and I can't wait to see what's in store.

• Like 8

Well, I was supposed to be at this show, but for personal reasons, I couldn't make it.

I was so glad to hear that a long time fan got to use my ticket. He had come a long way and the night before was his very first concert.

After the show, Mana (lollipop_monkey) spoke with Mika and he signed this for me 

70942694_753607868442685_8032557075177406464_n.jpg

• Like 7