2019 - The Fillmore, San Francisco, 18 Sept PICS/VIDS/rEPORTS

Kumazzz

:usa:

Tiny Love Tiny Tour in San Francisco !!!

Setlist

Ice Cream

Jealousy

Relax, Take It Easy

Origin of Love

Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)

Tiny Love

Blue

Underwater

Lollipop

Popular

Tomorrow

Happy Ending

Love Today

We Are Golden

Grace Kelly

Tiny Love (reprise)

Stay High

======

PICS

======

@77red 2019-the-fillmore-san-francisco-18-sept-4162846

======

VIDS

======

========

REPORTS

========

@foomika  2019-the-fillmore-san-francisco-18-sept-4162816

@77red  2019-the-fillmore-san-francisco-18-sept-4162846

@superstar  2019-the-fillmore-san-francisco-18-sept-4162902

@tiibet  mika-the-fillmore-san-francisco-18-9-2019/

=======

PRESS

=======

RIFF Magazine 2019-the-fillmore-san-francisco-18-sept-4162819

Edited by Kumazzz
updating
  • Like 1

It was so much fun! I loved when he really got everyone to dance with his "1, 2, 3" countdown. So grateful to be able to see him for the first time tonight. Like many, I've been a big fan ever since Grace Kelly was released. Doesn't it seem like he's always playing in Europe though? 

*Thanks for posting the setlist! I appreciate it! 

Hope y'all enjoyed yourselves also. Dreams do come true. I'll have to get together with other Mika fan club members the next time I go to one of his concerts. I need dancing buddies.

Snapchat-1851372396.jpg

IMG_20190918_211125.jpg

Edited by foomika
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

RIFF Magazine

http://www.riffmagazine.com/slideshow/mika-20190918/

SLIDESHOW: MIKA and Kiesza play new songs, new arrangements at the Fillmore

ftd-1-3.thumb.jpg.e95faffac42019c4f2638b1ed891fa46.jpg

MIKA performs at The Fillmore in San Francisco on Sept. 18, 2019. Photos: Joaquin Cabello

SAN FRANCISCO — MIKA brought his Tiny Love Tiny Tour to the Fillmore Wednesday, giving longtime fans a preview of his forthcoming fifth album, My Name Is Michael Holbrook.

The show was also a great excuse to put on a happy face with the poppy, cheerful sounds of the Beirut-born, London-based singer-songwriter. MIKA earned widespread acclaim and commercial success with his 2007 debut album, Life In Cartoon Motion, and hit singles like “Grace Kelly,” “Lollipop” and “Love Today.” That record sold 7 million copies worldwide. Its three successors weren’t as successful in the U.S. but were certified platinum elsewhere.

The new album promises more of the same, but with a high dosage of earnest storytelling that MIKA has been known to pepper throughout his records. He began the record with a concept to look into his own past.

At the San Francisco show, he blended energetic stage presence with baroque pop and his signature eight-octave voice, including an excellent falsetto. The set included new cuts “Ice Cream” and “Tiny Love,” and a healthy helping of the 2007 debut—the aforementioned songs as well as “Relax, Take It Easy.” MIKA even hopped off the stage to sing “Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)” amid a sea of dancing fans.

He also included a few choice tunes from 2009’s The Boy Who Knew Too Much, 2012’s The Origin of Love and 2015’s No Place In Heaven.

The tour kicked off last week in New York and ends next week in Mexico City.

Setlist

1. Ice Cream
  2. Jealousy
  3. Relax, Take It Easy
  4. Origin of Love
  5. Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)
  6. Tiny Love
  7. Blue
  8. Underwater
  9. Lollipop
  10. Popular
  11. Tomorrow
  12. Happy Ending
  13. Love Today
  14. We Are Golden
  15. Grace Kelly
  16. Tiny Love (reprise)
  17. Stay High

riff-6-3.thumb.jpg.5ef1add5da6d48665ac41059e4b6a137.jpg

riff-7-3.thumb.jpg.e539fee5331cfbed542019e8620650af.jpg

riff-8-3.thumb.jpg.d3a77ce38369f9483defb566916c88f9.jpg

riff-9-3.thumb.jpg.de472b78d3e284ce3ecc7d425e36e9bb.jpg

riff-10-3.thumb.jpg.232008789a68c2be1337fc1c8ecc1716.jpg

riff-11-3.thumb.jpg.b8b3860f72f1440dd9dc4ff5ea2ef9f6.jpg

riff-12-3.thumb.jpg.0f7ada005612c36a35821d75231b5714.jpg

riff-13-3.thumb.jpg.6a1922d2e0baa5c5b41c53c4a44d834f.jpg

riff-14-3.thumb.jpg.3177f0f5226c8af2ac238a0c6a51178f.jpg

riff-15-3.thumb.jpg.e2bddacd13f5d08177341596eb678fef.jpg

riff-16-3.thumb.jpg.7db10fdd9a34a1fa4f7f8c242a662311.jpg

riff-18-3.thumb.jpg.d71b18b607ffe9aa4671b9a4f7a6dbb3.jpg

riff-19-3.thumb.jpg.7f6ea109f4af623e405f2972cff13dc9.jpg

riff-20-3.thumb.jpg.82936cc529e3684492a4a656e5c95247.jpg

Joaquin Cabello  IG story

https://www.instagram.com/stories/joaquinxcabello/

69311147_2383441531893348_417596779975699496_n.thumb.jpg.03c0cbea48f2eaee8924cee7d2514772.jpg

• Like 8

8-Octave range? :teehee: Mika already said back in 2007 when the Media wrote about a 5-octave range that he'd be an alien if that was true. :lmfao:👽

I love the ice cream poster, would be a fab merch article! :wub2:

From the videos I saw on IG, he went down in the crowd again for BG - the crowd seemed a bit crazier than in NY and Montreal though, he had to struggle to get through. :teehee: Looks like he enjoyed it though.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mellody said:

8-Octave range? :teehee: Mika already said back in 2007 when the Media wrote about a 5-octave range that he'd be an alien if that was true. :lmfao:👽

I love the ice cream poster, would be a fab merch article! :wub2:

From the videos I saw on IG, he went down in the crowd again for BG - the crowd seemed a bit crazier than in NY and Montreal though, he had to struggle to get through. :teehee: Looks like he enjoyed it though.

Yes, I heard from Kira and Indy (@superstar and @77red) and they said the show was, of course, fantastic. I'm not sure if they got to see him after the show, I couldn't stay up past 3 a.m., which was midnight their time. I hope they'll check in here later to file a report. They said he went into the audience for Big Girl and sang the ending of Happy Ending off-mic again. I think he can do both of those things in the smaller venues -- this was about 1300. The Brooklyn venue was larger, about 1800.

• Like 2

Is seeing Mika in the city where you live always transformative? Or is that just the city where I live? 

I moved to San Francisco four years ago, so I obviously haven't seen him since then. But I've also never seen him across the street from a favorite dinner spot, biking distance from my place, a bus ride home after... Somehow that made it even more special. 

My first Mika gig was also in the bay area, in Oakland in 2009. @sarac, @BangBangLou, Kira (@superstar) and I had a mini reunion in this queue which was amazing! I'll see y'all next time, and hopefully it won't be another 10 years before we're all together again!!
IMG_20190918_183957.jpg

Kira and I got a good spot on the left side of the stage. Entering the venue went much more smoothly than in Brooklyn, thank goodness! They even served drinks to people in the front before the show! From the fan experience this venue was nice, not crap like Mika said, haha. The lights also weren't so strong from behind so it was much easier to see him during the show.

Kiesza was good, she's gotten more and more comfortable each night I've seen her (NYC x2 + here). She recognized the French fans for being at every show, and was tickled by Kira and I singing along to Giant in my Heart. Lots of eye contact from Chris as always. It's been fun to be a part of her return to the stage!

When Mika came on (a couple minutes late...) it was amazinggggggg!!!!!!! He wasn't interacting with the audience much at the beginning, but you could see on his face that he was having a great time. One moment that I really enjoyed was when Max came up to join Mika for Relax, and then they both jumped at the same time, with Max copying Mika's signature jump. Very cute, I hope someone recorded that! I think this was the best version of Dear Jealousy I've heard so far as well. They really nailed the harmonies!

Before Big Girl he started talking and told us about his journey to the venue. Apparently he walked 1 hour and 20 minutes to get here, because his phone had no more data so he couldn't call a lyft. While he was explaining this the keyboardist was playing the notes that would lead into Big Girl, and Mika told him to stop because the story wasn't interesting enough to warrant the background track, LOL. Anyway, first he asked someone how to get to The Fillmore, and they told him "that's an area" (which it is!) and then left. Then he was frustrated by a lady who looked like she was going to give him directions but just went back to her friend and had another conversation. Anyway, he finally made it, on foot, before the band (which explains why we didn't see him come in), and described having a sublime moment of dancing in the middle of the floor. All this to set up his entrance into the crowd for Big Girl!! He didn't go in the crowd in NYC, so I was so happy to experience this! The audience was SO into it!! That was when I knew the show was going to be really special.

At the piano before Tiny Love he complained about the lady who didn't give him directions again, I think he was really shook by that :P. But the song was awesome of course. Tonight he didn't introduce Tomorrow as a new song at all, he just went right into it, and Kira and I absolutely lost it while everyone else was a bit confused. But over the course of the song, you could feel the crowd go from "what is this song?" to "I love this song!!" which was really amazing. But Kira and I were singing along and jumping the entire time, SO happy to hear it again!! Mika smiled when he caught a glimpse of us singing to the chorus and jumping around. My heart...

He sang the end of Happy Ending without the mic, which it took a bit for the crowd to catch on to, but then we were absolutely transfixed. It was so genuine and so beautiful. Absolutely amazing. 

At the piano for Lollipop, he admitted "I played this gig partially for the poster," because at The Fillmore they make a poster for an artist that sells out and give it out at the exit. He said he imagined putting the posters up in his house and showing his grandchildren someday. But he complained that the first poster he got for his first gig here over a decade ago was a giant lollipop, and this one is a huge banana split with ice cream on it. He was miffed, but also a little tickled, that his career would be summed up with penis symbols.

He wore the button-down shirt the entire gig tonight, and only changed into the t-shirt + scarf for the encore. He came back with a glass of water, and had a very genuine moment of disgust after he stuck his finger in and it was dirty. "Cheers," he raised the glass, "even though it's water," and promised that it would be less than four years next time. YES!!! 

Afterwards, they set up a barricade outside behind which we could wait for Mika. People were generally pretty nice, a woman even gave Nina her poster because they had run out by the time Nina was exiting. I didn't notice what time it was when he came out, but he stayed for a long time, signing posters and chatting with the very long line of people who had gathered. Kira asked him if it was the best show ever (she thinks so) and he said "I loved it." And he said "You two were phenomenal during Tomorrow" which,........ AHHHHH. I'm no more articulate about moments like that than I was when I was 16! 

Another thing he told another fan was that he's getting a cold, which I could kind of hear. His voice cracked a little bit during Blue and Happy Ending. I hope he can get some good rest before LA. 

Anyway, to sum it all up, last night was incredible. One of the best shows I've seen, but only made better by the fact that I made the trip to New York to see him there as well. Thank you, Mika. Can't wait to have you back. 

I took all my pictures of Mika during the show on Kira's phone since it has a better camera, but here's one of the poster: 

IMG_20190918_231441.jpg

Thank you Lucy for taking these!! Even though they're blurry I think they really captured the moment ❤️ 

received_499103707586874.jpeg

received_1367051000140332.jpeg

Edited by 77red
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 4

28 minutes ago, 77red said:
Is seeing Mika in the city where you live always transformative? Or is that just the city where I live? 

I moved to San Francisco four years ago, so I obviously haven't seen him since then. But I've also never seen him across the street from a favorite dinner spot, biking distance from my place, a bus ride home after... Somehow that made it even more special. 

My first Mika gig was also in the bay area, in Oakland in 2009. @sarac, @BangBangLou, Kira (@superstar) and I had a mini reunion in this queue which was amazing! I'll see y'all next time, and hopefully it won't be another 10 years before we're all together again!!
IMG_20190918_183957.jpg

Kira and I got a good spot on the left side of the stage. Entering the venue went much more smoothly than in Brooklyn, thank goodness! They even served drinks to people in the front before the show! From the fan experience this venue was nice, not crap like Mika said, haha.

Kiesza was good, she's gotten more and more comfortable each night I've seen her (NYC x2 + here). She recognized the French fans for being at every show, and was tickled by Kira and I singing along to Giant in my Heart. Lots of eye contact from Chris as always. It's been fun to be a part of her return to the stage!

When Mika came on (a couple minutes late...) it was amazinggggggg!!!!!!! He wasn't interacting with the audience much at the beginning, but you could see on his face that he was having a great time. One moment that I really enjoyed was when Max came up to join Mika for Relax, and then they both jumped at the same time, with Max copying Mika's signature jump. Very cute, I hope someone recorded that! I think this was the best version of Dear Jealousy I've heard so far as well. They really nailed the harmonies!

Before Big Girl he started talking and told us about his journey to the venue. Apparently he walked 1 hour and 20 minutes to get here, because his phone had no more data so he couldn't call a lyft. While he was explaining this the keyboardist was playing the notes that would lead into Big Girl, and Mika told him to stop because the story wasn't interesting enough to warrant the background track. Anyway, first he asked someone how to get to The Fillmore, and they told him "that's an area" (which it is!) and then left. Then he was frustrated by a lady who looked like she was going to give him directions but just went back to her friend and had another conversation. Anyway, he finally made it, on foot, before the band (which explains why we didn't see him come in), and described having a sublime moment of dancing in the middle of the floor. All this to set up his entrance into the crowd for Big Girl!! He didn't go in the crowd in NYC, so I was so happy to experience this! The audience was SO into it!! That was when I knew the show was going to be really special.

At the piano before Tiny Love he complained about the lady who didn't give him directions again, I think he was really shook by that :P. But it was awesome of course. Tonight he didn't introduce Tomorrow as a new song at all, he just went right into it, and Kira and I absolutely lost it while everyone else was a bit confused. But over the course of the song, you could feel the crowd go from "what is this song?" to "I love this song!!" which was really amazing. But Kira and I were singing along and jumping the entire time, SO happy to hear it again!! Mika smiled when he caught a glimpse of us singing to the chorus and jumping around. My heart...

He sang the end of Happy Ending without the mic, which it took a bit for the crowd to catch on to, but then we were absolutely transfixed. It was so genuine and so beautiful. Absolutely amazing. 

At the piano for Lollipop, he admitted "I played this gig partially for the poster," because at The Fillmore they make a poster for an artist that sells out and give it out at the exit. He said he imagined putting the posters up in his house and showing his grandchildren someday. But he complained that the first poster he got for his first gig here over a decade ago was a giant lollipop, and this one is a huge banana split with ice cream on it. He was miffed, but also a little tickled, that his career would be summed up with penis symbols.

He wore the button-down shirt the entire gig tonight, and only changed into the t-shirt + scarf for the encore. He came back with a glass of water, and had a very genuine moment of disgust after he stuck his finger in and it was dirty. "Cheers," he raised the glass, "even though it's water," and promised that it would be less than four years next time. YES!!! 

Afterwards, they set up a barricade outside behind which we could wait for Mika. People were generally pretty nice, a woman even gave Nina her poster because they had run out by the time Nina was exiting. I didn't notice what time it was when he came out, but he stayed for a long time, signing posters and chatting with the very long line of people who had gathered. Kira asked him if it was the best show ever (she thinks so) and he said "I loved it." And he said "You two were phenomenal during Tomorrow" which,........ AHHHHH. I'm no more articulate about moments like that than I was when I was 16! 

Another thing he told another fan was that he's getting a cold, which I could kind of hear. His voice cracked a little bit during Blue and Happy Ending. I hope he can get some good rest before LA. 

Anyway, to sum it all up, last night was incredible. One of the best shows I've seen, but only made better by the fact that I made the trip to New York to see him there as well. Thank you, Mika. Can't wait to have you back. 

I took all my pictures of Mika during the show on Kira's phone, but here's one of the poster: 

IMG_20190918_231441.jpg

Thank you Lucy for taking these!! Even though they're blurry I think they really captured the moment ❤️ 

received_499103707586874.jpeg

Oh, thank you so much for your repost. All your anecdotes are priceless :fangurl:

And your talk with Mika..... I am so happy for you!!!!!!

• Like 1

@77red Many thanks for your detailed report, I love reading these - it's second best to being there! :wub:

@dcdeb He did the off-mic Happy Ending even in Bercy with 17,000 people, so I think that depends rather on the acoustics of the venue than on the size. About going in the crowd during BG, I suppose you're right that it's a question of the venue size, and of the atmosphere in the crowd. Maybe he can do it in London or Zurich and a few more, but in some other places they'd probably eat him alive. :aah:

Btw, how did he do it at this gig to go in the crowd, as there was a barrier - did he go around the barrier on the side, or climb over it? :blink:

36 minutes ago, mellody said:

@77red Many thanks for your detailed report, I love reading these - it's second best to being there! :wub:

@dcdeb He did the off-mic Happy Ending even in Bercy with 17,000 people, so I think that depends rather on the acoustics of the venue than on the size. About going in the crowd during BG, I suppose you're right that it's a question of the venue size, and of the atmosphere in the crowd. Maybe he can do it in London or Zurich and a few more, but in some other places they'd probably eat him alive. :aah:

Btw, how did he do it at this gig to go in the crowd, as there was a barrier - did he go around the barrier on the side, or climb over it? :blink:

I saw a video on Instagram and it seems to me that he climbed over it. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, lormare73 said:

I saw a video on Instagram and it seems to me that he climbed over it. 

He climbed over it in the center! There was a small platform on the other side of it that he used to get over into the crowd. Here's a (blurry, sorry!) video of him jumping back over to return to the stage.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Buckle up, this is going to be a long one. 

After the New York show I told everyone I'd be happy with just that -- the show was amazing, the songs were fresh and creative, Mika was beautiful. It was lucky that I could see him a couple more times on this tour, but just that one show would have been enough for me.

I was so, so wrong.

San Francisco (my 12th time seeing Mika) may very well have been the best concert ever. 

I was jetlagged. We queued for a while—starting at 1:30pm or so. No one saw Mika go into the venue, even though we watched the band trickle in and saw them unloading equipment. A couple jaunts by the open venue door let us hear soundcheck, but we weren’t sure: is it just Max in there, singing Tiny Love? Is that why no one’s singing the ‘my name is Michael Holbrook’ line? Or is Mika inside and somehow escaped notice of the dozen of us who had been there all afternoon?

Getting into the venue was smooth. Though the queue line wrapped all the way down the block and around a parking lot, they loaded people in slowly, in an orderly fashion (nothing like New York!). 77red and I found ourselves on the piano side of the stage, at the barrier.

Venue had a much smaller stage than Brooklyn Steel, and was overall more compact. They had chandeliers hanging

I enjoyed the Kiesza set more tonight. She seemed more at ease than in New York, and noticed some of the front row French fans who had been to all the shows – she called them “the groupies”! We sang along to her songs which she seemed to get a kick out of, and the crowd was enthusiastic about her performance of Hideaway.

Listen: it was all great up to this point, but something was different when the band came out and the intro was playing. The venue was electric. And it just exploded when Mika skipped out to Ice Cream. He was smiling very visibly, so happy and energetic.

Jealousy was fantastic tonight. He intro’d with the jealous bastard line then launched into it. Something I noticed especially tonight was the harmonizing with the band.

Relax was a good way to loosen up the crowd. Max cracked me up—this was the only song where he came to the front of the stage to accompany Mika and he strutted up like he was a little bird. He and Mika synced up for the Relax jump (you can see this in the photo above!) which was awesome.

After TOOL, Mika told us about his day which seemed to explain his good mood. It was actually pretty funny, the keyboardist was playing some accompaniment and Mika told him to stop because the story was so incredibly stupid.

He said he woke up in an absolutely rotten mood (like his mother and grandmother and great-grandmothers) and tried to use his phone but was out of data! He walked out to get a coffee, and asked the barista how to get to the Fillmore. Barista said “that’s an area” and walked away. Mika tried again – asked someone if he could catch a cab on the street. They said “catch a Lyft?” – obviously, not possible, no data! So finally Mika walked up to someone who looked like a nice lady, and asked her how to get to the Fillmore, the venue. She said she wasn’t sure, then walked over to a friend, ostensibly to ask for directions. Mika said he stood there for about four minutes, fully expecting her to come back and tell him how to get to the venue, only to finally realize…she just went and had another conversation. He was extremely pissed off and ended up walking an hour and twenty minutes to the venue!

Here’s our explanation for why no one saw him walk in! Rather than pulling up in a car, he just walked right in, before everyone! He said he arrived before the band, and had one of his “best ever dancing moments” on the empty Fillmore floor. And he had to do it again …. That’s when Big Girl started and Mika with his long legs just stepped over the barrier and into the crowd. He walked all the way to the middle of the floor and the entire place went nuts.

He had taken his jacket off but put it back on before Big Girl, and before he told this whole story. Said something along the lines of, “some songs deserve a jacket.” Just cracked me up that the song that deserved a jacket… was Big Girl.

Blue is an amazing song. Even tonight, Mika’s voice broke a bit (he mentioned after the show he is getting a cold) but being so close I was in awe of the vocal performance. He is doing things on this song that I’ve never heard him do. Blue absolutely quiets the venue—this happened in Brooklyn too—it’s a short, tender song but everyone shuts up and listens to it in awe. We’re so lucky to see it on this tour. It’s slow, and very challenging. I don’t know how many subsequent tours he will perform it. Feeling blessed.

The transition from Blue to Underwater is brilliant—it’s a slow song to a slow song, but the crowd reacted so well to Underwater. I love that song but didn’t expect that it would get such a loud cheer from everyone.

Next up was Lollipop. Mika told us a story about how the Fillmore venue creates a poster for any artist that sells the venue out. Back in 2007, they created him a poster for selling out … that was a hand holding a huge lollipop. And for tonight’s show, they created him a poster … that was a huge banana split with dolloped cherries and big ice cream bars. He talked about being a grumpy old man, sitting in his grumpy old chair, looking at these posters hanging on his wall with his grandchildren … and having to say that his crowning achievements were all documented by penis imagery. The whole crowd was in stitches at this point – and Mika added on that society will probably be in a place by then that his grandkid probably wouldn’t care at all.

Tonight even more than New York it was fun to watch the band chemistry. Mika had a ton of energy and was playing piano longer, or breaking off a song to monologue, and it was fun to watch the band make eye contact with each other to stay in sync. This was especially apparent in Lollipop – they started off with the piano battle as usual and then Mika just stopped playing and started talking. The band were looking around and trying to guess when to actually start the song.

I don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed a performance of Popular Song more than this. The whole crowd was belting out the “la-la’s” even before the first verse, and that blew Mika away. He kept having the crowd take it over because we were so loud.

Tomorrow had no intro as he did in New York. He just launched right into it. Indy and I have been looking forward to this song since we heard it Friday. I was trying not to expect that he would play it (since he skipped it in Montreal) but when it started we just went gaga. The verses. The chorus. The crowd was actually tentative at first but by the second verse the spell was cast. This song is one for the ages. Indy and I were jumping and yelling IN THE BACKSET OF MY VINTAGE BENZ at every chorus, it was perfect.

Happy Ending. No mic. NO MIC. Nuff said.

During Love Today, he laid his whole body down on the stage and as the band started playing, yelled out “Can you hear that?? That’s my big heart beating.” I cannot stress enough how jubilant Mika seemed at this show. He had us all close our eyes and “dance like no one is watching, and,” if I heard right, “scream like it’s your last shower on earth.” And the crowd did, we did we did!

This whole venue seemed to know all his songs, up and down the albums. Much more than New York this was noticeable. Also noticeable – Mika never went offstage to change into a T-shirt. Did he forget! Did he not need to?

After the encore, he and the band came back on. He had put the tee on at that point, but forgot to tuck it in, so he made a big show of doing it on stage. In the Grace Kelly intro, he did his knock bit, and then identified an audience member who he thought had a sexy voice. He kept trying to get this one guy to answer his knocking, the audience totally didn’t get it, and everyone kept screaming when he knocked. And we screamed even more when he finally gave up and said “I want to talk to you …”

Unlike in New York, Mika didn’t cuddle or grind on his band mates during any of the songs, but he did introduce everyone during the bows. He just yelled everyone’s names – they all left the stage, and he stayed out smiling and waving for a while. Just overcome. Such a beautiful moment.

After the show, they gave out posters and apples to everyone who was leaving. A big crowd of use congregated, and the venue set up some barricades for folks to wait behind. Mika’s manager came out and said “we’re going to bring Mika out” (so funny – like he’s an animal!) and said no selfies, just autographs. Mika walked out with his dorky backpack and his dimples looking like an absolute doll. He probably spent 30 minutes making sure to speak with every single person, sign every poster, and answer every question. So, so gracious and patient. Indy and I got to thank him for tonight. I tried to ask if he thought it was the best gig ever, and he looked me in the eye and said “I loved it.” He apologized for having been away for so long—I know he doesn’t remember that we saw him in this same city 10 years ago, but it kind of felt like it. He also told us he noticed us going wild during Tomorrow. We said, of course! It’s an amazing song.

So thankful for our kind-hearted and infinitely talented pop star. This show left me so empty and so, so full. Mike4life13!

I'll upload some photos/videos in a bit.

Edited by superstar
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

@foomika @77red and @superstar thank you for sharing reports! Sounds like a wonderful magical night 😍

His story before big girl had me cracking up! I kinda love him more for admitting that he too runs out of phone data, gets brushed off when asking for help, and has to walk places.

Posters I get, but why apples?

10 hours ago, 77red said:
I didn't notice what time it was when he came out, but he stayed for a long time, signing posters and chatting with the very long line of people who had gathered. Kira asked him if it was the best show ever (she thinks so) and he said "I loved it." And he said "You two were phenomenal during Tomorrow" which,........ AHHHHH. I'm no more articulate about moments like that than I was when I was 16!

Awww, this makes me so happy. So glad you gals got to see him, and that he did "Tomorrow". Hard to believe that first Oakland show was 10 years ago already 🥰

• Like 1

9 hours ago, superstar said:

So thankful for our kind-hearted and infinitely talented pop star. This show left me so empty and so, so full. Mike4life13!

You have such a way with words! And I think this is the best description ever -- it's exactly how I'm feeling. So empty, and so, so full! :mikalove:

Thanks. I'm so glad that you and your sister got to see him again, AND that I got to see you! ❤️

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

YouTube

user binarybruin

What a great show!!! I have a feeling that with each concert Mika is getting more and more involved in the show. He gives 100% , 150% 200% of himself. Almost impossible to imagine what the show would look like at Revelation Tour ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

• Like 3

• 6 months later...