@Sivan at-ace-hotel-los-angeles-21-reports-4163128

========

PRESS

========

Edited by Kumazzz
updating
  • Thanks 1

Here are my horrible photos lol

Great show, nice set, he didn’t play anything from no place in heaven which surprised me.

There apparently is an after party but only people with some special stickers had access, no one could tell me how the stickers were obtained so ¯\_(シ)_/¯ 

D6A7AA0E-1640-41FA-94B7-833C8193BB40.jpeg

108F3F90-3D08-49B0-B56E-C14F67D33E68.jpeg

4BF26FF0-B5D9-4EE3-93B1-92B73C9CE9D8.jpeg

AA977EEE-D6DA-4F41-B78E-43E345E36D27.jpeg

B8D36F46-0E7F-45D5-BA0A-1CA2BF558E8B.jpeg

342DC284-A382-41E1-8FBB-F43C77162CD1.jpeg

110B1EA8-A55B-4BA6-969E-328616186A91.jpeg

40704899-3C7B-4E54-82B0-5A170F73C5ED.jpeg

D295B5F8-C60C-4B5F-8F50-D7FE6326E3A2.jpeg

13566AB3-1980-4421-85D1-0FFC474F8508.jpeg

E2358822-41B8-4422-91F1-1ACDBBB57369.jpeg

8B40CBBD-09C8-4BF7-8243-20174C2A83BA.jpeg

0AB4CA73-A5A4-4D39-AA0F-6C9DA31C11B8.jpeg

8B15BE83-BAA9-4252-A1E7-784D614968E7.jpeg

83CC6352-F9BE-4FED-A1B7-5B6CF749248B.jpeg

01C18EC6-F4BC-4916-9E62-DA5F1096A54C.jpeg

D06E6D56-7836-4652-B1F6-E70133616196.jpeg

26516A1B-0C0A-4A68-BAF5-CA4A69ADE0C3.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Thanks a lot @NaoMika

Setlist

Ice Cream

Dear Jealousy

Relax

Origin of Love

Big GirlTiny Love

Blue

Underwater

Lollipop

Popular

Tomorrow

Happy Ending

Love Today

We Are Golden

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Grace Kelly

Tiny Love reprise

Stay Hugh ( finale )

https://twitter.com/Mika4Berries/status/1175651455086129152

EFDAw9kUEAAEwIW.thumb.jpg.296f6f939eff26d598ab1d3658d1745e.jpg

• Like 2

It was so good seeing mika again after so long! The venue was so beautiful! I was front row all the way to the right (mika's left). I danced my ass off so hopefully not too embarrassing videos or pictures of me out there 😂 

Mika sounded amazing even with a cold.  I missed seeing that energy on the stage!.

I will try posting few pix and maybe a video later but I didn't take many cause I wanted to just enjoy the music! . Got a lot of interaction from mika during the show which made it extra special. Thank you mika!!! 

The set up of the stage was a bit awkward for me. There was a gap between us and the stage that they wanted us to keep most of the show. Closer to the end it got better cause Charlotte came over to stand with me so we were able to rock it out together 😁 I feel it would have been even more fun if I could stand with more of the mfcers (a guy next to me was sitting the whole time. He was kinda dragged into the show by another fan 😂).

I wish he did sanremo and stuck in the middle!!! And many others... I could have gone an extra hour ☺️ at least! 😂 

After the show we almost gave up but then mika came out and went through everyone pretty fast. I got a hug (I asked if it's ok cause he has a cold and he said he is over the contagious stage so who am I to argue?! 😂) and a very quick talk but then he had to leave. He seemed like he was tired. 

Thank you Mika for coming to say hi 🤗 and thank you for an amazing show! 

Awsome night! ❤️ When is the next time??? 

Edited by Sivan
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sivan said:

It was so good seeing mika again after so long! The venue was so beautiful! I was front row all the way to the right (mika's left). I danced my ass off so hopefully not too embarrassing videos or pictures of me out there 😂 

Mika sounded amazing even with a cold.  I missed seeing that energy on the stage!.

I will try posting few pix and maybe a video later but I didn't take many cause I wanted to just enjoy the music! . Got a lot of interaction from mika during the show which made it extra special. Thank you mika!!! 

The set up of the stage was a bit awkward for me. There was a gap between us and the stage that they wanted us to keep most of the show. Closer to the end it got better cause Charlotte came over to stand with me so we were able to rock it out together 😁 I feel it would have been even more fun if I could stand with more of the mfcers (a guy next to me was sitting the whole time. He was kinda dragged into the show by another fan 😂).

I wish he did sanremo and stuck in the middle!!! And many others... I could have gone an extra hour ☺️ at least! 😂 

After the show we almost gave up but then mika came out and went through everyone pretty fast. I got a hug (I asked if it's ok cause he has a cold and he said he is over the contagious stage so who am I to argue?! 😂) and a very quick talk but then he had to leave. He seemed like he was tired. 

Thank you Mika for coming to say hi 🤗 and thank you for an amazing show! 

Awsome night! ❤️ When is the next time??? 

Thank you Sivan for your report. I always read fans' reports with a huge pleasure❤️

So it's true that Mika had a cold? Poor boy. But if you (he) say that it's over the contagious stage so for Mexico City he should be absolutely OK.

And he came to meet you after the show!!!!! I'm so happy for you!

• Like 1

What an amazing show :)
One highlight for me was sitting right behind a little girl and her parents (she looked to be about 6 to me?). She was wearing an adorable pink dress with candy printed all over it and fuzzy, glittery pink sleeves. She stood up on her chair the whole time so she could see, and when Mika ran down the aisle right next to her, she looked stunned, and her parents looked overjoyed! It made me so happy to see her enjoying the show. :D

It was also so nice to meet you and your daughters, @nvk!!

I didn't take many photos, but here are two that are ok. I also shared some videos that are on my Instagram story (deanna_etc) right now, which someone from the MFC Instagram account reposted.

70734136_614673365729437_2703502958724644864_n.jpg

70687603_443761809573645_8215982943567347712_n.jpg

• Like 11

LA!! This was the last stop on the tour for me, and I treasured it! Check out my Mika-inspired outfit: 

IMG_20190921_184828_1.jpg

I thought seeing Mika in a seated venue would be weird, and... it was weird. I did like that without having to queue, we had a fun day in LA without having to worry about what time to arrive to the venue. But I missed seeing everyone and hanging out before the show! We caught up a bit when I got to the venue -- it was great to see @Sivan after so long, and see some of the other fans we've been hanging out with this whole trip! 

Getting the seats we wanted was also a process. Like others, I had multiple sets of tickets to try to get a better seat. Luckily Kira had a friend who wanted to come, so we gave our second pair to him and his +1. Then there was more reshuffling before the show as @NaoMika had an extra pair of tickets that were even closer that were going unused that she offered to Kira and I. Thank you for being so kind! 

Finally, everyone had seats, but Mika's music is not sitting music!! Some folks were coming up to get closer to the stage, then the ushers would ask them to return to their seats, then they would come back... This was pretty distracting to me as I was sitting in the aisle. But I hope everyone was able to enjoy the show, from wherever they were at! 

Anyway, we snagged a front row spot for Kiesza, since the ladies sitting there hadn't arrived yet. She had a new outfit tonight, check out this awesome jumpsuit!!

IMG_20190921_201159.jpg

She was pointing at the people singing along and she and Chris both seemed happy to recognize some familiar faces, as well as make some new fans! I'm gonna miss her too! 

When the actual show started, I could tell Mika was still feeling his cold. He missed a couple of notes (just a couple through the whole show, amazingly!), which made me appreciate how technically flawless his performances usually are. And seriously, performing a beautiful, energetic gig like his while sick?? Wow!! It really shows how talented he is. He mentioned the cold before Blue, telling us that this song is really difficult to sing, and he has a cold, so we were going to be kind while he sung it. Which we were! And it was gorgeous.

From the beginning, but especially after that, I gave up on hearing Happy Ending a capella. Even though he was still sounding great, I didn't think he would want to fill the venue with his voice tonight. I couldn't believe it when he quieted the band and the audience!! It was absolutely stunning. So authentic and beautiful, even when he's sick. I think that made a big impression on the crowd. Here's a video of it someone posted on twitter: https://twitter.com/traciglee/status/1175642184000790531?s=20

Another memorable moment was when he came down for Big Girl, he walked up and down the aisles while singing. He even got up on a chair for part of it... right in front of Kira and me!! It would have been really awkward to take a pic lol but I won't forget that!! I'm not sure if he sang right in front of us on purpose but I'm gonna say it was :) One of my favorite touches from this tour is when asking the audience to sing Big Girl, he encourages it with the line "she can't hear you!!" I found that really charming. 

IMG_20190921_213230.jpg

Tonight he wore a couple of accessories from people in the crowd, Naomi's hat and this headband with his name on it. Ha! 

IMG_20190921_221916.jpg

And I got a video of the jump in Relax this time!! 

After the show, we wanted to go home because we had to get to the airport at 5 AM this morning, but the friend we were staying with wasn't home yet, so we decided to just chill with everyone waiting for Mika behind the venue while we waited for him to be ready. It took a while, so we ended up getting to see Mika, even though it also took him a while. The security at the venue told us that he wasn't coming out, like, 10 minutes before he came out, so I'm not sure what that was about. Anyway, he was in a bad way. He could barely talk so he wasn't saying much, just quietly whispering. I still appreciated the chance to thank him for the show, and even though he didn't say anything out loud, he smiled when he saw my outfit. It was so nice of him to spend a little time with everyone who waited, even though he was tired. 

It's hard to believe that my time living in Mika land has come to an end for now. I enjoyed every show on this tour so much. It was so fun spending time with all the other great fans brought together by Mika! And he made every stop magical. 

Edited by 77red
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, 77red said:

LA!! This was the last stop on the tour for me, and I treasured it! Check out my Mika-inspired outfit: 

IMG_20190921_184828_1.jpg

I thought seeing Mika in a seated venue would be weird, and... it was weird. I did like that without having to queue, we had a fun day in LA without having to worry about what time to arrive to the venue. But I missed seeing everyone and hanging out before the show! We caught up a bit when I got to the venue -- it was great to see @Sivan after so long, and see some of the other fans we've been hanging out with this whole trip! 

Getting the seats we wanted was also a process. Like others, I had multiple sets of tickets to try to get a better seat. Luckily Kira had a friend who wanted to come, so we gave our second pair to him and his +1. Then there was more reshuffling before the show as @NaoMika had an extra pair of tickets that were even closer that were going unused that she offered to Kira and I. Thank you for being so kind! 

Finally, everyone had seats, but Mika's music is not sitting music!! Some folks were coming up to get closer to the stage, then the ushers would ask them to return to their seats, then they would come back... This was pretty distracting to me as I was sitting in the aisle. But I hope everyone was able to enjoy the show, from wherever they were at! 

Anyway, we snagged a front row spot for Kiesza, since the ladies sitting there hadn't arrived yet. She had a new outfit tonight, check out this awesome jumpsuit!!

IMG_20190921_201159.jpg

She was pointing at the people singing along and she and Chris both seemed happy to recognize some familiar faces, as well as make some new fans! I'm gonna miss her too! 

When the actual show started, I could tell Mika was still feeling his cold. He missed a couple of notes (just a couple through the whole show, amazingly!), which made me appreciate how technically flawless his performances usually are. And seriously, performing a beautiful, energetic gig like his while sick?? Wow!! It really shows how talented he is. He mentioned the cold before Blue, telling us that this song is really difficult to sing, and he has a cold, so we were going to be kind while he sung it. Which we were! And it was gorgeous.

From the beginning, but especially after that, I gave up on hearing Happy Ending a capella. Even though he was still sounding great, I didn't think he would want to fill the venue with his voice tonight. I couldn't believe it when he quieted the band and the audience!! It was absolutely stunning. So authentic and beautiful, even when he's sick. I think that made a big impression on the crowd. Here's a video of it someone posted on twitter: https://twitter.com/traciglee/status/1175642184000790531?s=20

Another memorable moment was when he came down for Big Girl, he walked up and down the aisles while singing. He even got up on a chair for part of it... right in front of Kira and me!! It would have been really awkward to take a pic lol but I won't forget that!! I'm not sure if he sang right in front of us on purpose but I'm gonna say it was :) One of my favorite touches from this tour is when asking the audience to sing Big Girl, he encourages it with the line "she can't hear you!!" I found that really charming. 

IMG_20190921_213230.jpg

Tonight he wore a couple of accessories from people in the crowd, Naomi's hat and this headband with his name on it. Ha! 

IMG_20190921_221916.jpg

And I got a video of the jump in Relax this time!! 

After the show, we wanted to go home because we had to get to the airport at 5 AM this morning, but the friend we were staying with wasn't home yet, so we decided to just chill with everyone waiting for Mika behind the venue while we waited for him to be ready. It took a while, so we ended up getting to see Mika, even though it also took him a while. The security at the venue told us that he wasn't coming out, like, 10 minutes before he came out, so I'm not sure what that was about. Anyway, he was in a bad way. He could barely talk so he wasn't saying much, just quietly whispering. I still appreciated the chance to thank him for the show, and even though he didn't say anything out loud, he smiled when he saw my outfit. It was so nice of him to spend a little time with everyone who waited, even though he was tired. 

It's hard to believe that my time living in Mika land has come to an end for now. I enjoyed every show on this tour so much. It was so fun spending time with all the other great fans brought together by Mika! And he made every stop magical. 

Thank you for your report with all these details ❤️ Helps take away the sting of not being there a little bit!

Your outfit looks awesome 👌 

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, 77red said:

Aww, thanks for this sweet report! I wish I could have been there with you guys, but I appreciated your pics and updates so much!

Let's hope the Big M won't stay away that long and that we'll have the chance to dance together again soon! :yay:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Aww, thanks for this sweet report! I wish I could have been there with you guys, but I appreciated your pics and updates so much!

Let's hope the Big M won't stay away that long and that we'll have the chance to dance together again soon! :yay:

3 hours ago, kreacher said:

Thank you for your report with all these details ❤️ Helps take away the sting of not being there a little bit!

Your outfit looks awesome 👌 

Wish y'all could have been there too! It was so lovely to see both of you in NYC, I can't wait for next time! Which won't be quite so long if Mika keeps his word :) 

• Like 1

Apologies for the late report! Lots of travel (and a work day) between Mika night and now. But it was another wonderful night with Mika in Los Angeles.

Let's go through it! Venue was incredible: my friend compared it to Sagrada Familia Cathedral in Barcelona, which doesn't miss the mark too much! It's got intricate moulding on every surface, and the ceilings in the music hall are vaulted. Over-the-top in a very "Mika" way.

Indy and I snuck to the front row for Kiesza (since it was a seated gig, there were some empty seats up front). This was her best night yet! She was very comfortable on stage, and seemed thrilled to have familiar faces up front. We knew all the words to her songs by now. 

At a seated show, the stage is much lower since they expect the audience to be seated. We all were seated for Kiesza's acoustic set. I don't know why we were so worried that everyone would be sitting for Mika … because after the band came on, then Mika skipped out onto stage, everyone leapt to their feet immediately. Of course!

Ice Cream sounded great, but during Dear Jealousy was when I noticed the cold. Mika's nose was a bit stuffed up, and you could hear it when he sang or said "m" or "n." Poor Mika!

In Relax, some fans from the rows further back rushed up to be close to the stage. This was a bit annoying, especially for folks up front whose view was blocked -- but I think Mika got a kick out of the visceral reaction that some fans had to the songs.

During Big Girl, he put on his jacket again (some songs deserve jackets!). He gave an intro about how we're all going to a place…a place that is now closed … but if we all close our eyes, we'll be transported there. And then he ran right off the stage and skipped into the audience! Big Girl is such a party and everyone was dancing. At one point, Mika climbed up on the seats right in front of us, and put his hand on the man in the row ahead to balance as he sang! I didn't get any photos of this but it was a magical moment. He was RIGHT THERE!

Lollipop was a total treat. He gave the same monologue about how his mom should have warned him about the BOY next door. The two men in the row in front of us turned to each other and high fived!!  Another "pro" of the seated show--it's a lot easier to experience what other fans are feeling, especially those at their first show! Mika's openness is clearly resonating with his audience, and I'm glad he feels comfortable to share that with us.

Highlight of the show was hands down acapella Happy Ending. We couldn't believe that he sang with no mic, in this huge theatre, with a cold-- and sounded amazing. Unlike SF no one was screaming; the hall was completely quiet. This moment is what everyone was talking about when I was standing in the lobby after the show. He must know how impressive his voice is, and how much of a gift it is to hear it unfiltered. It seemed like everyone who walked out of the show was gushing about this moment.

He did Blue, too. I think this was the first point in the night when he acknowledged the cold. He said something along the lines of "this song is very tricky to sing, doubly so when you are sick, so please go easy on me." And we did. Again, the theater was absolutely quiet. So quiet that Mika actually had to signal his pianist to turn the volume down. And his voice did crack a couple times. But wow, the best way to experience this song is sitting with thousands of others in rapt attention. It's just beautiful--and something I will miss most about this tour.

About halfway through the night his hair was crazy, all flat on the top and sticking out to the sides. When he came back for the encore he had combed it down. Beautiful!

Despite being sick, Mika never ran out of steam. At the very end of the night, when everyone was partying to "Stay High," I couldn't believe how powerful his voice still sounded! Still hitting all the high notes. So thankful.

As we walked out, I spotted Perez Hilton waiting for Mika after the show! They must have had a backstage meetup.

We milled about in the lobby for a while, then tracked everyone down at the back stage door, which was all the way through a parking lot and around the back of the venue. There weren't too many people waiting, maybe about 30-40. We did stand around and chat for a while (nice to have a chance to say goodbye to all the friends we've made on this tour!). A couple big trucks pulled up to load out the equipment. Then a staff member at the venue came outside and said "Mika's not going to come out! No way! Go home!" We all kind of laughed at this because we knew it wasn't true.

Then just like that, the big black SUV pulled up, and the manager popped out. He formed us into a straight line. And Mika appeared :) Indy and I had nothing for him to sign, and he seemed a little confused when we just thanked him over and over again. Very star-struck! I will kick myself about this until the next tour -- think of something more meaningful to say! -- and I know this because I had a dream about seeing Mika and being tongue-tied again last night! Haha! But I am glad we got to express how much we appreciated this whole tour and all the time he's spent with the fans along the way.

P.M.D. is real. We slept about three hours between the gig and our flights, and I have pretty much had Mika's music (new and old!) on loop since then. It's been such a long time, and these shows have felt like a way for me to reconnect with so much of this music that I'd lost track of in the intervening years. So many beautiful songs, and so many friends to discuss them with.

Thank you to everyone (merci beaucoup!) we met along the way. And to Mika most of all. Hope to see you all before too long!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 9/23/2019 at 1:55 PM, Kumazzz said:

OMG! i just realized something! it was me he came and bowed with the hat too....and he was singing Girl in the BLUE.....i had a blue dress hahahaha i didnt think of that till now. THANK YOU FOR THIS VIDEO!!!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, superstar said:

Apologies for the late report! Lots of travel (and a work day) between Mika night and now. But it was another wonderful night with Mika in Los Angeles.

Let's go through it! Venue was incredible: my friend compared it to Sagrada Familia Cathedral in Barcelona, which doesn't miss the mark too much! It's got intricate moulding on every surface, and the ceilings in the music hall are vaulted. Over-the-top in a very "Mika" way.

Indy and I snuck to the front row for Kiesza (since it was a seated gig, there were some empty seats up front). This was her best night yet! She was very comfortable on stage, and seemed thrilled to have familiar faces up front. We knew all the words to her songs by now. 

At a seated show, the stage is much lower since they expect the audience to be seated. We all were seated for Kiesza's acoustic set. I don't know why we were so worried that everyone would be sitting for Mika … because after the band came on, then Mika skipped out onto stage, everyone leapt to their feet immediately. Of course!

Ice Cream sounded great, but during Dear Jealousy was when I noticed the cold. Mika's nose was a bit stuffed up, and you could hear it when he sang or said "m" or "n." Poor Mika!

In Relax, some fans from the rows further back rushed up to be close to the stage. This was a bit annoying, especially for folks up front whose view was blocked -- but I think Mika got a kick out of the visceral reaction that some fans had to the songs.

During Big Girl, he put on his jacket again (some songs deserve jackets!). He gave an intro about how we're all going to a place…a place that is now closed … but if we all close our eyes, we'll be transported there. And then he ran right off the stage and skipped into the audience! Big Girl is such a party and everyone was dancing. At one point, Mika climbed up on the seats right in front of us, and put his hand on the man in the row ahead to balance as he sang! I didn't get any photos of this but it was a magical moment. He was RIGHT THERE!

Lollipop was a total treat. He gave the same monologue about how his mom should have warned him about the BOY next door. The two men in the row in front of us turned to each other and high fived!!  Another "pro" of the seated show--it's a lot easier to experience what other fans are feeling, especially those at their first show! Mika's openness is clearly resonating with his audience, and I'm glad he feels comfortable to share that with us.

Highlight of the show was hands down acapella Happy Ending. We couldn't believe that he sang with no mic, in this huge theatre, with a cold-- and sounded amazing. Unlike SF no one was screaming; the hall was completely quiet. This moment is what everyone was talking about when I was standing in the lobby after the show. He must know how impressive his voice is, and how much of a gift it is to hear it unfiltered. It seemed like everyone who walked out of the show was gushing about this moment.

He did Blue, too. I think this was the first point in the night when he acknowledged the cold. He said something along the lines of "this song is very tricky to sing, doubly so when you are sick, so please go easy on me." And we did. Again, the theater was absolutely quiet. So quiet that Mika actually had to signal his pianist to turn the volume down. And his voice did crack a couple times. But wow, the best way to experience this song is sitting with thousands of others in rapt attention. It's just beautiful--and something I will miss most about this tour.

About halfway through the night his hair was crazy, all flat on the top and sticking out to the sides. When he came back for the encore he had combed it down. Beautiful!

Despite being sick, Mika never ran out of steam. At the very end of the night, when everyone was partying to "Stay High," I couldn't believe how powerful his voice still sounded! Still hitting all the high notes. So thankful.

As we walked out, I spotted Perez Hilton waiting for Mika after the show! They must have had a backstage meetup.

We milled about in the lobby for a while, then tracked everyone down at the back stage door, which was all the way through a parking lot and around the back of the venue. There weren't too many people waiting, maybe about 30-40. We did stand around and chat for a while (nice to have a chance to say goodbye to all the friends we've made on this tour!). A couple big trucks pulled up to load out the equipment. Then a staff member at the venue came outside and said "Mika's not going to come out! No way! Go home!" We all kind of laughed at this because we knew it wasn't true.

Then just like that, the big black SUV pulled up, and the manager popped out. He formed us into a straight line. And Mika appeared :) Indy and I had nothing for him to sign, and he seemed a little confused when we just thanked him over and over again. Very star-struck! I will kick myself about this until the next tour -- think of something more meaningful to say! -- and I know this because I had a dream about seeing Mika and being tongue-tied again last night! Haha! But I am glad we got to express how much we appreciated this whole tour and all the time he's spent with the fans along the way.

P.M.D. is real. We slept about three hours between the gig and our flights, and I have pretty much had Mika's music (new and old!) on loop since then. It's been such a long time, and these shows have felt like a way for me to reconnect with so much of this music that I'd lost track of in the intervening years. So many beautiful songs, and so many friends to discuss them with.

Thank you to everyone (merci beaucoup!) we met along the way. And to Mika most of all. Hope to see you all before too long!

thank you for this :) was good to see you! hope we meet again soon :)

• Like 1

On 9/24/2019 at 3:38 PM, superstar said:

Thanks a million to both you Kira and your sister Indy - for your detailed and wonderful reports, pics and vids from the MIKA gigs in NA!! :flowers2: I remember with pleasure,  when we had a little chat in Montreal.  You were by my side at row 5, at the first concert 10.2.15 - with tickets that you won! And Indy sat next to you.  I'll never forget her reaction when MIKA started to sing "Happy ending" :tears:   So happy for both of you - for these new changes with MIKA...:wub: :fisch:

Love, love

me  

• 4 months later...

Los Angeles! Tickets go on sale for the El Rey show on April 15 in a few minutes (I don't see a thread for this show yet), and I was just reminiscing about this Ace Theatre show. Hope to see some more MFC members at the El Rey! And so ready for a GA Mika gig!