18 minutes ago, mellody said:

After listening several times, I agree, that it sounds like it's about some sort of addiction. Could be a person, a habit, an item - or actual drugs/alcohol, which of course I hope it isn't.

Maybe he's addicted to chainsaws - they hurt him, right? :lmao:

In fact the song has grown on me as well now. It's still my least fave, but it slowly crawls into your head. Addictive. :mf_rosetinted: :teehee:

i think you're right! :lmao: He's a "slave to the rhythm" of that sweet chainsaw motor 

I was just thinking today how this song is like a little bug that crawls into your brain and makes a nest there where it lives & dances around. And the times when you aren't thinking of the song it's just sleeping.

I guess it makes sense if it's about addiction cause he made it addictive as f**k

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

16 minutes ago, kreacher said:

i think you're right! :lmao: He's a "slave to the rhythm" of that sweet chainsaw motor 

I was just thinking today how this song is like a little bug that crawls into your brain and makes a nest there where it lives & dances around. And the times when you aren't thinking of the song it's just sleeping.

I guess it makes sense if it's about addiction cause he made it addictive as f**k

But with a chainsaw, shackles are not a problem anymore... :teehee:

Edited by giraffeandy
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, giraffeandy said:

But with a chainsaw, shackles are not a problem anymore... :teehee:

Maybe the shackles stand for the protective clothing he should wear for not getting hurt. :mf_rosetinted: :naughty:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, mellody said:

Maybe he's addicted to chainsaws - they hurt him, right? :lmao:

4 hours ago, kreacher said:

You just won best comment of the year on the MFC! That line won't be the same ever again :lmfao:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, sara09 said:

You just won best comment of the year on the MFC! That line won't be the same ever again :lmfao:

Great. Now we have one song about Mika's cat and one about his chainsaw collection. What's next? "Platform Ballerinas" being about his dogs? :naughty:

• Haha 3

On 10/8/2019 at 5:38 AM, dcdeb said:

It's grown on me as well, but not my favorite either. Curious, what's the worst song on the album, in your opinion?

Missed this question - atm worst song is Stay High, but I'm not keen on I Went To Hell Last Night, Blue and Platform Ballerinas either.

I think the harder question would be what is my favourite song?

From the "Le Fatto Quotidiano" interview:

Your current period is not simple.

I would say sad, but sadness is like a drug: it has an intoxicating effect.

With that quote, I'd say that's what Cry is about, sadness. It makes him cry, but he feels drawn towards it. I don't think I'd have made this connection without this interview, because for me, sadness certainly isn't something I find intoxicating or am drawn towards. Maybe I did as a teenager, but not anymore today.

I love finding these little clues about his songs in interviews. :teehee:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mellody said:

With that quote, I'd say that's what Cry is about, sadness. It makes him cry, but he feels drawn towards it. I don't think I'd have made this connection without this interview, because for me, sadness certainly isn't something I find intoxicating or drawn towards. Maybe I did as a teenager, but not anymore today.

That's it, you're right! I would also never have interpreted it this way, but after reading this bit it totally makes sense!

:thumb_yello:

On 10/8/2019 at 7:38 AM, dcdeb said:

Curious, what's the worst song on the album, in your opinion?

Ice Cream :aah:

• Like 2

On 10/8/2019 at 6:38 AM, dcdeb said:

Curious, what's the worst song on the album, in your opinion?

Blue

5 hours ago, Starlight said:

Eso es, tienes razón! Tampoco lo hubiera interpretado de esta manera, pero después de leer este fragmento, ¡tiene sentido!

: thumb_yello:

Great discovery! The song speaks of sadness. I read the lyrics again...it's so sad...poor boy...he is very sad and he always always always with  smile...🥺

Edited by Megustaelpulpo

On 10/21/2019 at 10:54 PM, mellody said:

With that quote, I'd say that's what Cry is about, sadness. It makes him cry, but he feels drawn towards it. I don't think I'd have made this connection without this interview, because for me, sadness certainly isn't something I find intoxicating or am drawn towards. Maybe I did as a teenager, but not anymore today.

I wasnt too far off then :lmfao:

• Like 1

On 10/21/2019 at 11:45 PM, krysady said:

Ice Cream :aah:

Same for me …….It's been ok in live concerts and acoustic versions but on the recording I feel like there is Maria Sharapova playing a match in the next room :naughty:

• Haha 1