2019 Attitude Awards, Oct 9, London

Kumazzz

2 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

:dunno: I don't know how to get Mika's cover issue of Attitude Magazine / November 2019

https://pocketmags.com/us/attitude-magazine

Here is small jpg files from Pressreader.

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/attitude/20191010

p-70+71

897937093_p7071.thumb.jpg.dd0c0fa7697dfa85b4ae63dde99647f9.jpg

p-73

p73.thumb.jpg.80a01bd63c717d2f2b997ee514ad2e91.jpg

p-74

p74.thumb.jpg.7ca63068af702f007a7a4f324bdc3c43.jpg

p-76

p76.thumb.jpg.61f1bbe33aeece0721524f4c6f0813b7.jpg

Wow, some interesting information about his family in there! T4p. For those who don't have time to decipher the small writing, here's the sentences I found most interesting:

"My brother is against some of the things on the album and he was very vocal about that. I'm just going to have to suffer those consequences."

"We're the most traditional and untraditional family. I'm certainly not the only one with a non-conventional sexuality in my family, but all that has come afterwards." (he talked about his coming-out to his family before)

And, talking about Andy, he says "I haven't written any songs about him on the album..." :blink:

And I find it very cute what the journalist writes about Beauregard, who was at the apartment where he met Mika. :wub2:

• Like 7

2 hours ago, mellody said:

And, talking about Andy, he says "I haven't written any songs about him on the album..."

Thought so, lol.

We're the most traditional and untraditional family. I'm certainly not the only one with a non-conventional sexuality in my family, but all that has come afterwards

Fortune? :teehee:

And, talking about Andy, he says "I haven't written any songs about him on the album..." :blink:

I had a hunch that Tomorrow it's not about Andy :original:

And another interesting sentence about Ice Cream: 

I have to ask... was that autobiographical?  "It doesn't matter, does it?" he grins, pointing out that he isn't actually a fan of ice cream.  "I can't stand it... It gives me stomach ache." 

:teehee:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, krysady said:

And another interesting sentence about Ice Cream: 

I have to ask... was that autobiographical?  "It doesn't matter, does it?" he grins, pointing out that he isn't actually a fan of ice cream.  "I can't stand it... It gives me stomach ache." 

:teehee:

And now we can guess what definition of Ice Cream he means. :lmfao:

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, krysady said:

I had a hunch that Tomorrow it's not about Andy :original:

That's possible - but "Ready To Call This Love" and "Stay High"? I'm still considering whether to believe that he just said this because he wants to sound more available to the readers (or other reasons), or to rethink my interpretation of some songs. For now it's the former, as I don't have enough time for the latter. :naughty:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mellody said:

That's possible - but "Ready To Call This Love" and "Stay High"?

I dont hear Ready to call this love as a love song but as encouraging someone to believe in love; and Stay hight just sounds like 'nonsense that flows with the beat' to me :aah:

32 minutes ago, WeirdChild said:

he often contradicts himself in interviews so I am still inclined to believe tomorrow is about Andy

He does, but did he explicitly say in any interview that Tomorrow is about Andy though? ( genuine question, Im not being snarky  :aah: )

51 minutes ago, Martyna said:

He suggested it, a little bit :naughty:

EDGE: You write in the paradoxes, in the contradictions, in the multiple meanings. One of the things I love so much about "Tomorrow" is I felt it could be about a one night hook up or about two people who've been dating for a while...

MIKA: Or if you analyze it even closer it could be about a one-night hookup getting back together with someone that you've been with for a very long time but you swore you would never be with again.

I knew of this but 'it could be about' is very ... 'you can call me bi' lol. You could read his answer as him simply aknowledging that the song has multiple meanings/is open for interpretations not that it really means what he says :aah: Thats why I asked if he talked more explicitly.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mellody said:

"My brother is against some of the things on the album and he was very vocal about that. I'm just going to have to suffer those consequences."

I can't think of anything on the album that his brother would object to besides talking about Paloma's accident. That must be what he's talking about right?

• Like 2

The following morning, Mika appears on television Lorraine.

REPLAY

https://www.itv.com/hub/lorraine/1a9360a2514

Lorraine - Thursday 10 Oct 8.30am

Pop sensation Mika joins Lorraine on the sofa to talk about the release of his new album My Name Is Michael Holbrook, and facing his personal demons in his music.

:no: I can't watch...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Just_Me said:

I can't think of anything on the album that his brother would object to besides talking about Paloma's accident. That must be what he's talking about right?

I went to hell last night is about "a friend" who is addicted. We have no idea who this is, it might be someone Fortuné knows...

Also Mika said at some point that a song is about his Dad, we don't know which one that is, either.

But sure, it could also be about Paloma.

In any case it's not that bad (anymore), apparently - at least Fortuné turned up at the La Cigale gig. But it might be the reason why he wasn't in the family pics in Paris Match. :dunno:

• Like 5

Okay so I took one for the team and bought the magazine. I took photos of the pages, hopefully it's clear enough to read (sorry about my thumb in the last one) 

[edited for clarity]

As for not writing songs about Andy... yeah he does often contradict himself and I don't think we should take everything he says at face value, practically ever. I'm sure that there are some things that he just doesn't want to talk about. Secondly, this interview was definitely done aaaages ago. At one point he mentions that Andy just finished his documentary about the Afghani refugees, which if I remember correctly he started in the summer of 2018. It is possible that he hasn't written Tomorrow at that point since we also know that there were changes made to the album even a couple months ago... He also mentions his mum's health issues in the interview but doesn't want to go into detail which again tells me (at least) that many many things have changed both professionally and in his personal life in between the interview taking place and current day. That's my interpretation anyway. And without going on for much longer here's the photos!

72469791_1520124528112369_7153797850063699968_n.jpg

72231462_2302124853432515_3935842686421958656_n.jpg

72185830_2564968906859571_2692779962984824832_n (1).jpg

72482568_491789181662913_2951252009686138880_n.jpg

Edited by Mikaistheorigin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, mellody said:

That's possible - but "Ready To Call This Love" and "Stay High"? I'm still considering whether to believe that he just said this because he wants to sound more available to the readers or to rethink my interpretation of some songs. For now it's the former, as I don't have enough time for the latter. :naughty:

Probably we will get many more different versions of the stories in the following interviews, as always :teehee:

2 hours ago, Mousetrap said:

And what about the most personal album then :fisch: 

All his albums are personal, imo, probably the only difference is that in the past he was hiding behind some imaginary characters and starting with TOOL things have totally changed  :original:

28 minutes ago, mellody said:

But it might be the reason why he wasn't in the family pics in Paris Match.

He was in a Greek island those days, at a friend's wedding, I guess that's why he wasn't there for that photoshoot :wink2:

• Like 4

7 hours ago, mellody said:

Wow, some interesting information about his family in there! T4p. For those who don't have time to decipher the small writing, here's the sentences I found most interesting:

4 hours ago, WeirdChild said:

he often contradicts himself in interviews so I am still inclined to believe tomorrow is about Andy

3 hours ago, ellie said:

He does, but did he explicitly say in any interview that Tomorrow is about Andy though? ( genuine question, Im not being snarky  :aah: )

2 hours ago, Martyna said:

He suggested it, a little bit :naughty:

EDGE: You write in the paradoxes, in the contradictions, in the multiple meanings. One of the things I love so much about "Tomorrow" is I felt it could be about a one night hook up or about two people who've been dating for a while...

MIKA: Or if you analyze it even closer it could be about a one-night hookup getting back together with someone that you've been with for a very long time but you swore you would never be with again.

2 hours ago, Mousetrap said:

So does Mika still write songs about relationships he had before Andy more then 13 years ago? Or does he white songs about other people again? And what about the most personal album then :fisch: 

I figured by "I haven't written any songs about him on the album..." he meant he didn't consciously set about writing a song about Andy, like he didn't think "awww i'm gonna write a sweet song about my loverboy ❤️❤️ and how we hooked up again", but i don't think he could help some songs ending up about Andy anyway. So until he specifically says who Tomorrow is about, I'm gonna keep thinking its about Andy

• Like 4

I think the interview was made in may 2019 because the journalist says  that the five years old nephew brought him a cake from his recent birthday. And Beauregard was born in May. 

47 minutes ago, Mikaistheorigin said:

Okay so I took one for the team and bought the magazine. I took photos of the pages, hopefully it's clear enough to read (sorry about my thumb in the last one) 

As for not writing songs about Andy... yeah he does often contradict himself and I don't think we should take everything he says at face value, practically ever. I'm sure that there are some things that he just doesn't want to talk about. Secondly, this interview was definitely done aaaages ago. At one point he mentions that Andy just finished his documentary about the Afghani refugees, which if I remember correctly coincided with when he had instagram for a couple of months in spring/summer of 2018. It is possible that he hasn't written Tomorrow at that point since we also know that there were changes made to the album even a couple months ago... He also mentions his mum's health issues in the interview but doesn't want to go into detail which again tells me (at least) that many many things have changed both professionally and in his personal life in between the interview taking place and current day. That's my interpretation anyway. And without going on for much longer here's the photos!

72469791_1520124528112369_7153797850063699968_n.jpg

72231462_2302124853432515_3935842686421958656_n.jpg

72185830_2564968906859571_2692779962984824832_n (1).jpg

72482568_491789181662913_2951252009686138880_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, ellie said:

No way its that old, cover stories are done 2-3 months in advance usually.

Sure and that's my mistake for conflating the two timelines of the documentary being filmed with this interview, I'm not saying that the interview was done a year ago. It probably was done in May of this year. My main point still stands though that a) Tomorrow could have been a last minute addition b) we shouldn't believe everything he says, c) I agree with this too:

44 minutes ago, kreacher said:

I figured by "I haven't written any songs about him on the album..." he meant he didn't consciously set about writing a song about Andy, like he didn't think "awww i'm gonna write a sweet song about my loverboy ❤️❤️ and how we hooked up again", but i don't think he could help some songs ending up about Andy anyway. So until he specifically says who Tomorrow is about, I'm gonna keep thinking its about Andy

Edited by Mikaistheorigin