Beware of fake Mika accounts on Social Media!

mellody

• 2 months later...

I might be wrong obviously but I think there a new (maybe their old ) fake Mika doing the rounds on Twitter they havnt followed my Mika account but they have my personal (the one linked here) and are dming me as Mika 

I doubt Mika has the time do this and thought I should let people know 

I don’t  know how to add a photo unfortunately sorry 

Edited by Rebecca Wiseman
Tried to add photo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Rebecca Wiseman said:

Twitter they havnt followed my Mika account but they have my personal (the one linked here) and are dming me as Mika 

If you have set the option to receive DM's from anyone on Twitter, you'll get a lot of spam. Be careful and change the settings to receive DM's only from people that follows you and you follow them back :wink2:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, krysady said:

If you have set the option to receive DM's from anyone on Twitter, you'll get a lot of spam. Be careful and change the settings to receive DM's only from people that follows you and you follow them back :wink2:

Oh I followed them back because I follow everyone back especially since I just assumed it was a fan account until they messaged me 

their account has now been suspended 

• Like 3

I've heard from a few people today that there's someone on Facebook trying his luck again, pretending to be Mika. The account is called Mika Holbrook Penniman, but no one gave me a link, so I don't know WHICH Mika Holbrook Penniman it is... but anyway, it's a good reminder to be careful and remember that Mika will not contact you like that on social media. He just won't. You might be tempted to think that it's really him, but I guarantee it is not!

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

I just saw one on FB that is pretty well made, with Mika's original profile photo and links. https://www.facebook.com/MIKA-109561501595590/?comment_id=Y29tbWVudDo0NjQ3OTYzMzgzMjc1NzlfNDY5MDA3NDQ3OTA2NDY4 - they're asking people in Mika's comments to DM them. I've reported them, hope it'll be taken down soon.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Here’s what looks to be a new fake Instagram account to avoid (doesn’t seem like a fan page to me). I reported a lot of these in the last few months (I find it interesting how often I get targeted by fake celebrity accounts) but Instagram hasn’t looked into them yet according to my support inbox.

https://instagram.com/_mikaholbrook_jr?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I’ll be blocking and reporting this one now that I’ve shared it. Unfortunately 300+ people have followed already.

There is a new Fake Mika on Tiktok, I did follow out of curiosity and they are messaging saying they are Mika 

I Have reported them but not sure how to link a TikTok Account but there name is MikaTikok_Privatepage and they have the same profile as Mika

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I just got this message on FB and reported this account. Please do the same.

Mika Mika

Sabine Enser Radiant fan how are you? I hope you are well? When I'm very good while taking advantage of the tour and also chatting with you my fans .... Be just discreet, because first, I'm not a god next as you see, I do not enjoy my status to give me wings so I created this private account as well

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are at least two accounts spamming on Mika's official facebook page. They answer to fans and tell them to private message them to speak with Mika :doh:I got those comments too. I wish the official Mika's facebook page admins removed those comments. I reported both of course. 

• 4 months later...
12 minutes ago, Divera Zilvania said:

There are many accounts on Facebook in the name of Michael Holbrook like the one below, which can make fans, especially new fans like me feel confused, which account is the correct one?

This ⬇️ page is MIKA's only real Facebook page. He doesn't have a personal account or any other fan pages, etc. 

Screenshot2023-10-01at8_36_44AM.thumb.png.3f6b12b6e4571125950280bd0c8c2c41.png

Edited by linzijay
Changed a couple of words for clarity
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/23/2023 at 11:36 AM, Divera Zilvania said:

How about this?? Another fake account? 

Screenshot_20231123_233451.jpg

Yes, fake fake fake.

For the record again, here are the ONLY OFFICIAL MIKA social media accounts.

Instagram: @mikainstagram

Facebook: http://facebook.com/mikasounds

X (Twitter): @mikasounds

TikTok: @mikatiktok

I want to emphasize that this is Mika's only TikTok account as there are other accounts that have really done a good job at copying him and can very easily fool you.

Some of those accounts are:

https://www.tiktok.com/@mikatiktok_fans_chat

and

https://www.tiktok.com/@mika.tiktok_fan

and

https://www.tiktok.com/@mika.tiktok.fan

These are NOT Mika, or his team. They are not secret, private accounts that will get you access to Mika. So please be careful!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The scammers are out in force following Mika's concerts.  Most of them seem to be on Telegram (not an app I use, so can any Telegram users report them please)?

• Like 1